The Wild Midwest

I have a better idea. Round up all the gang members, send them out to NTS, arm them to the teeth and turn them loose on the reservation with only one rule, "Last man/woman standing gets $20 million cash." Put it all on 'pay per view.' A few hundred billion in the national coffers and the gangs gone for a couple of years. Kinda like 'capture the flag' or 'Rollerball' with real life consequences.

Rinse and repeat.

Ishmael

Short term fix at the cost of many lives! Fucking typical! Stupid fucking Yank!

Short term fix at the cost of many lives! Fucking typical! Stupid fucking Yank!

Not anyone of any consequence will miss any of their asses.

"And this season ladies and gentlemen we bring you the CRIPS vs MS13!!!!"

Ishmael

Not anyone of any consequence will miss any of their asses.

"And this season ladies and gentlemen we bring you the CRIPS vs MS13!!!!"

Ishmael

If by anyone of consequence you mean the %1 assholes who run things, no. But thousands of young children may grow up without parents. Have some fucking heart!

If by anyone of consequence you mean the %1 assholes who run things, no. But thousands of young children may grow up without parents. Have some fucking heart!

I don't think you've really thought that through.

Ishmael

You only need one gun law. No handguns or military style weapons with large capacity magazines. Making gun ownership a privilege not a right would help too.

A 2015 ranking of 50 cities by The Economist ranked Toronto as the eighth safest major city in the world, and the safest major city in North America.

For comparisons to various cities in North America, in 2012 for example, the homicide rate for the city of Toronto was 2.0 per 100,000 people, yet for Atlanta (19.0), Chicago (18.5), Boston (9.0), San Francisco (8.6), New York City (5.1), and San Jose (4.6).

Specifically define military-style...

I have a better idea. Round up all the gang members, send them out to NTS, arm them to the teeth and turn them loose on the reservation with only one rule, "Last man/woman standing gets $20 million cash." Put it all on 'pay per view.' A few hundred billion in the national coffers and the gangs gone for a couple of years. Kinda like 'capture the flag' or 'Rollerball' with real life consequences.

Rinse and repeat.

Ishmael

I love it.

:cool:

Specifically define military-style...

If it looks like this...
592152_02_colt_sp1_ar_15_223_semi_auto_r_640.jpg

So, if I use the same ammo, the same barrel length, etc., but it doesn't "look" like that, then it is not a military-style weapon?

What about 12-gauges? You do know troops carry them into combat, right???

Hell, on second look, that is an antique...

The only people who are possibly still using that in a military manner are in Afghanistan and not on our side.

So, if I use the same ammo, the same barrel length, etc., but it doesn't "look" like that, then it is not a military-style weapon?

And a 5 round mag, correct! Shotguns too that fit the cosmetic look of a military weapon.

Cosmetics is what gets most guns nuts. Same ammo, same barrel length, etc. and they will go for the M-16 lookalike most every time.

Prohibited and restricted weapons list (not all inclusive but you'll get the gist of it)
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-462/page-2.html#docCont

It's not all just anti-gun. Hunting rifles and shotguns are fine. Non-restricted. But as soon as you dress it up as a military wannabe toy it makes the list. That is enough to deter ardent nutters and keep guns in the hands of those who wish to use them properly.

You can even have a handgun. Locked in a box. Hardly need to walk about armed. What do you think this is the wild wild west?!

No, I have two 50-round barrels to go with it.

Takes forever to load, but is fun as hell to cut down a tree with. :cool:

Bullshit. Cosmetics are for the amateurs... Look at Wat, he's an M-1 kind of guy. I kind of want to have one too, but I got a 30.06 instead.

So what you are actually saying is that you think that the looks of a weapon influences its owner to become 'violent' but when we calm down and look at actual statistics, those 'scary looking' weapons are not the ones causing the carnage...

Back