We Can't All Get Along

And hispanic households?
Asian households?
Eskimo...

It's become an eternal lament that is never going to go away
because it devolves political power and engenders responsibility.

That was kinda my original point.

The history of race in America precludes reconciliation.

The thing that makes the black experience different is obvious. They were owned as property for over 200 years and discriminated against for nearly 200 more. The other races you mentioned have been in conflict with the white race in more traditional ways, though they have often been subjected to discrimination as American citizens as well.

As far as the connection between power and responsibility goes......

What was the famous saying from the Spider-man comics???

"With great power comes great responsibility."

The white race in America has been very irresponsible with their great power, unless you consider using it to disadvantage and oppress non-white Americans as a responsible use of power.

My mother's tribe owned black people.
Then they were crushed by change.
We got over it.

If you cannot get over it in 200 years
it's because someone doesn't want you to let go...

And what happens when those who engaged in that behavior are discovered?

If you want to point to wrongdoing as the basis for your claims, you really need to also include the corollary response before you announce your conclusions. Otherwise you look like an idjit.

You know, like when you made your claims about the video without watching the entire sequence of events.

I don't know what happens to racists in the military. The same thing that happened to those who committed sexual assault for decades??? Which is to say NOTHING.

Your the one that said the military proved that racial harmony is possible. I cited the most recent survey of military personel about racism in the military and there has been a significant increase in the reports of white supremacist activity. You were wrong when you cited the military as an example of racial harmony in America.

I can admit when I make a mistake. Notice how when I saw the whole George Floyd video I was able to modify my view and called for the other officers I'm close proximity who didn't do anything to face charges as well??

You were wrong, just admit it.

Last edited:
I don't know what happens to racists in the military. The same thing that happened to those who committed sexual assault for decades??? Which is to say NOTHING.

Your the one that said the military proved that racial harmony is possible. I cited the most recent survey of military personel about racism in the military and there has been a significant increase in the reports of white supremacist activity. You were wrong when you cited the military as an example of racial harmony in America.

I can admit when I make a mistake. Notice how when I saw the whole video I was able to modify my view and called for the other officers I'm close proximity who didn't do anything to face charges as well??

You were wrong, just admit it.

No. Military personnel who commit crimes get prosecuted under the USMJ and sent to prison. Afterward they're given a BCD and sent on their way.

That's what ACTUALLY HAPPENS. That you don't want to believe it doesn't mean shit. Your political viewpoint doesn't mean shit either.

My mother's tribe owned black people.
Then they were crushed by change.
We got over it.

If you cannot get over it in 200 years
it's because someone doesn't want you to let go...

Your Tribe got over being slave owners???

WTAF

What was the famous saying from the Spider-man comics???

"With great power comes great responsibility."

The white race in America has been very irresponsible with their great power, unless you consider using it to disadvantage and oppress non-white Americans as a responsible use of power.

Proof of the total insanity of the race obsessed left.

The white race isn't anymore responsible as a race than "the black race".

What disadvantage and oppression do us non-white Americans suffer in the USA??

You're full of shit.

Your Tribe got over being slave owners???

WTAF

I'm sure yours has too.

You're not responsible for the behavior of everyone you share a skin color with, why can't you racist understand this???:confused:

No. Military personnel who commit crimes get prosecuted under the USMJ and sent to prison. Afterward they're given a BCD and sent on their way.

That's what ACTUALLY HAPPENS. That you don't want to believe it doesn't mean shit. Your political viewpoint doesn't mean shit either.

Um, you can be a racist without committing a crime.

Did you know that you can't be kicked out of the military for being a member of a white supremacist group??

You do know the history of racism in the US military right??

Have you seen the movie Glory?? Buffalo Soldiers?? The Tuskegee airmen, and other segregated units in WWII??

Do you know that Fort Benning is named after a plantation owner, and that ten military bases are named after people who fought to uphold slavery??

Racism continues in the military, as does sexual assault. It's no different than the rest of American society.

Proof of the total insanity of the race obsessed left.

The white race isn't anymore responsible as a race than "the black race".

What disadvantage and oppression do us non-white Americans suffer in the USA??

You're full of shit.

I'm sure yours has too.

You're not responsible for the behavior of everyone you share a skin color with, why can't you racist understand this???:confused:

The disadvantages are institutional, in the way school tests are written, in the way applications for loans and housing are approved, in the way laws are enforced, in access to quality services, and in the way people of different races are represented in all forms of media, etc, etc, etc, etc.

You probably don't notice it because you've accepted it as normal.

I'm a white male American, so yeah, my tribe has gotten over on racism. I know I'm not personally responsible, but if I continue to benefit from a rigged system without opposing it, I am at least complicit.

Last edited:
Back