Editor / Beta Reader Wanted for Lesbian / Fantasy Work

ReGats

Experienced
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Posts
49
Once again I turn my head towards these forums in seeking an editor because, you know what? You guys are pretty darned good! That, and I'm not willing to risk the volunteer program again.

I am looking for an editor - slash - beta reader for a work of mine. It is titled Black Pearls - Lily, and it is Lesbian, Fantasy, Nonhuman, as has some elements of BDSM, though I feel those are very light and it's more of a matter of getting the characters into position.

What I am looking for is someone who can read through what I have written and comment on the work's flow, moments of awkwardness, stupidity, or wrongness (definition dependent on reader), and point them out to me so that I can go back and write a better story. This includes character motivation and plot elements, especially if there's a glaring hole in the plot.

The size of the work is 40 pages, and is currently at 19,849 words.

If you are interested, please send me a private message and we can continue our discussion there.
 
Last edited:
You should indicate the length of your story.
 
Last edited:
What was your experience with the volunteer editor program?

I just found it to be completely ineffectual. It was hard to search for the editors, there was no guarantee that they'd give the work a go, and I had repeated issues maintaining contact with them. In comparison, trawling the Editor Forums brings up a much wider pool of candidates, and as opposed to me, the writer, expending effort to try and find an editor by making a list and messaging those on it, it's easier for me to make a thread here because anyone who clicks on this is already likely to be interested, and if it turns out they're not, they can click off easily.
 
Now Seeking Second Opinion.

The person who picked up the phone for this project helped me, but only so far. We got the characters into better shape, but their most recent feedback consisted of: establishing dozens of correct words as wrongly spelled and giving no meaningful thought to a new scene to help out the characters. I think that it is clear that I invested in the second opinion, which is where you, the innocent forum trawler, come in. The details are the same as the first post, private message me if you want to set something up.
 
Back
Top