pic-a-thon II

Re: revised choosing sides

annaswirls said:
try this again...
had to cut half of the border to get it below lit's standards..... shrinking just makes it blurry
new to this illustrated stuff so still learning
but damn it is fun!

Anna

Help! My words are all blurry! :(
They did not look like that before....any suggestions?
I am a good student, I promise!
I extend my tootsie-toe fetish to the leg :p

As for blurry text on your image, it depends on what software you have, but many of them are similar in the set-up of writing text on a photo. Next time uncheck that anti-aliasing box. Make sure you don't have text shadow on either because it has a blur feature and speaking of blur, make sure it's set a 0%. Also try not to get too fancy with the font. That should help.

- neo

It Ain't

Let's see if I can post this...

Might be too big...

An oh, beware of cliche-y artwork. :)

#L

Attachments

• aint.gif
    aint.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
one charcoal
one eraser for blur
my wet sponge and dirty finger tip
all for kisses, scanned makes kiss warm

Attachments

• one charcoal.jpg
    one charcoal.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 32
if too big may go back, way back

Attachments

• sp bye with text.jpg
    sp bye with text.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 35
Somewhere Bound

Stepping not dancing and restless
I’m never sure of the turns only
that the road keeps stretching on
and I’m blown somewhere else
like dandelion wishes thoughtfully
aimless because it’s easier to drift
cloudlike than to know direction
is a sure thing which after all my years
of unlearning turns out to be another
dusty mythology a Bullfinch life of pages
or imagination but not what really happens
Narcissus falls in a lake sinks or swims
Galatea has to get real eventually
stepping past the book off the paper
pedestal and made flesh who knows
maybe she has an affair that falls down
or gets a job in Phoenix rises again
to some unexplored level of being
I’m just somewhere bound it’s not
a yellow brick road but steps somewhere
possibly forward bound to the warm
promise of searching eyes, fingers.

Last edited:
Only you could use "Phoenix rises again" in a poem and make it totally fresh sounding. Love the pairing of the poem with the art. I see ol' Mr. picassohead still has a hold on you. lol That place is too much fun.

WickedEve said:
Only you could use "Phoenix rises again" in a poem and make it totally fresh sounding. Love the pairing of the poem with the art. I see ol' Mr. picassohead still has a hold on you. lol That place is too much fun.

Thanks--and did you note that I screwed up in the submission and used Pygmalion instead of Galatea? Sigh.... :D

And yes I soooo love mrpicassohead. I think the addiction Liar's fault, hehe. (Don't ask how--sometimes I'm a bit of a liar, too, lol.)

annaswirls said:
What is that picture? it looks like a bug eye on some sort of probe.

The poem is mesmerizing!

Well, believe it or not it's a dreamcatcher. See? Poem about sleep? Dreamcatcher? I was--in my vague way--goin for the old connection (which of course, no one at this point has made, lol--even the person I wrote it for looked at it and said "What's that honey?" Sigh. :) ) I just like playing with those PaintShop special effects buttons too much!

P.S. Neo, if you read this I did NOT think about the fact that I was writing yet another sleepy poem, haha.

P.S.S. anna, I edited the poem and it's submitted, as edited, in today's new poemy stuff.

Angeline said:

This is simply lovely - let it out into the light - don't hide it here.

I knew it's a dreamcatcher and I understand the connection. At any rate, it's a lovely poem and image - take one or the other OR both, it's a treat!

Tristesse said:

I knew it's a dreamcatcher and I understand the connection. At any rate, it's a lovely poem and image - take one or the other OR both, it's a treat!

Thank you Tess and well, you understand, I know.

:kiss:

Tristesse said:

Ditto!

If it helps any, Angeline, I don't know you well at all and I also knew it was a dreamcatcher and got the connection to the poem. I didn't post anything earlier since all I had to say about it (like most of the comments I occasionally put out there) was, "Hey, I really like that!" which isn't exactly helpful information. ;)

minsue said:
Ditto!

If it helps any, Angeline, I don't know you well at all and I also knew it was a dreamcatcher and got the connection to the poem. I didn't post anything earlier since all I had to say about it (like most of the comments I occasionally put out there) was, "Hey, I really like that!" which isn't exactly helpful information. ;)

It is in the new poems entitled Seamless, sadly, sans dreamcatcher.

Back