Beyond Star City: The Heroes in the Shadows of Tomorrow OOC

A few questions:

I just started watching Young Justice, season one. Isn't J'onzz supposed to be the last Martian? How does he have a niece?

Is Superboy supposed to be such a grandpa Batman bitch mashup? The Superboy I know is much different.

Why does everybody seem to just disregard Wolverine's training and time spent in Japan? And I'm not even talking of the life action movies now.

How does Miriko actually die? I have seen her poisoned, stabbed and shot in three different storylines. It confuckulates me

Last one. So far I know, Scarlet Witch uses some sort of Chaos theory to do her reality warping. Is there an Omega level mutant who can bend or warp reality just by thinking of a different reality?

A few questions:

I just started watching Young Justice, season one. Isn't J'onzz supposed to be the last Martian? How does he have a niece?

Is Superboy supposed to be such a grandpa Batman bitch mashup? The Superboy I know is much different.

Why does everybody seem to just disregard Wolverine's training and time spent in Japan? And I'm not even talking of the life action movies now.

How does Miriko actually die? I have seen her poisoned, stabbed and shot in three different storylines. It confuckulates me

Last one. So far I know, Scarlet Witch uses some sort of Chaos theory to do her reality warping. Is there an Omega level mutant who can bend or warp reality just by thinking of a different reality?

On Earth-16, the universe of "Young Justice," Martians never got wiped out. But White Martians are an oppressed species minority. J'onn is the last Green Martian in the comics, but a handful of Pale Martians survived in the Martian equivalent of The Phantom Zone. In this thread's universe, J'onn is alone, but took on M'gann's form as a tribute to his late adopted niece.

Superboy of Earth-16 didn't get programmed with pop-culture cool, and wasn't immediately embraced by Superman like his original recipe was in the Pre-Flashpoint comics. Hence anger, angst, and a tendency to recite Wikipedian anecdotes.

A lot of writers neglect that part of Logan-616's canon, I think because they can't capture it as well as Miller and Claremont. Also, it's less kosher now for a white dude to go around appropriating Japanese culture.

Mariko Yashida's death was messy. It did involve both getting stabbed and blowfish toxin, but I'm not sure what order.

Wanda Maximoff-616 started out as a bad luck caster, but developed into a reality warper as the concept of her "chaos magic" evolved. Proteus and Hyperstorm could both also warp reality.

On Earth-16, the universe of "Young Justice," Martians never got wiped out. But White Martians are an oppressed species minority. J'onn is the last Green Martian in the comics, but a handful of Pale Martians survived in the Martian equivalent of The Phantom Zone. In this thread's universe, J'onn is alone, but took on M'gann's form as a tribute to his late adopted niece.

Superboy of Earth-16 didn't get programmed with pop-culture cool, and wasn't immediately embraced by Superman like his original recipe was in the Pre-Flashpoint comics. Hence anger, angst, and a tendency to recite Wikipedian anecdotes.

A lot of writers neglect that part of Logan-616's canon, I think because they can't capture it as well as Miller and Claremont. Also, it's less kosher now for a white dude to go around appropriating Japanese culture.

Mariko Yashida's death was messy. It did involve both getting stabbed and blowfish toxin, but I'm not sure what order.

Wanda Maximoff-616 started out as a bad luck caster, but developed into a reality warper as the concept of her "chaos magic" evolved. Proteus and Hyperstorm could both also warp reality.

Didn't Franklin also have some reality warping ability which is how he had created that pocket universe?

Didn't Franklin also have some reality warping ability which is how he had created that pocket universe?

Yeah, Franklin Richards is another example. Hyperstorm was his son from an alternate future, that's how he inherited the power. His mom was Rachel Summers, so you talk about your celebrity power couples.

Yeah, Franklin Richards is another example. Hyperstorm was his son from an alternate future, that's how he inherited the power. His mom was Rachel Summers, so you talk about your celebrity power couples.

You also had the Gamemaster who could warp things in a local area, Nate Grey (Alternate time line Apocolipse), David Haller (Charles Xaviers son) and even Onslaught. Of course if you wanted to go the big guns you have Death, the Living Tribunal and Eternity.

As for Mariko In universe 616 she was poisoned with blow fish toxin then not wanting to suffer she asked her love, Wolverine to kill her quickly. He did so by stabbing her in the heart with his claws.

You also had the Gamemaster who could warp things in a local area, Nate Grey (Alternate time line Apocolipse), David Haller (Charles Xaviers son) and even Onslaught. Of course if you wanted to go the big guns you have Death, the Living Tribunal and Eternity.

As for Mariko In universe 616 she was poisoned with blow fish toxin then not wanting to suffer she asked her love, Wolverine to kill her quickly. He did so by stabbing her in the heart with his claws.

Could Nate reality warp? He did have unprecedented psychokinetic ability unimpeded by a techno-virus. I wouldn't be surprised if David Haller could, as Legion he had a massive laundry list of powers; he could time travel, that can amount to the same thing. Onslaught was just scary. But I think TertiusHuman was looking specifically for mutants.

Thank you for the chicken and egg clarification on Mariko.

Could Nate reality warp? He did have unprecedented psychokinetic ability unimpeded by a techno-virus. I wouldn't be surprised if David Haller could, as Legion he had a massive laundry list of powers; he could time travel, that can amount to the same thing. Onslaught was just scary. But I think TertiusHuman was looking specifically for mutants.

Thank you for the chicken and egg clarification on Mariko.

Yeah I guess the big power houses are not technically Mutants. However if you were talking Onslaught he was an Amalgam of Charles Xavier, Magneto and Franklin Richards. So 3 of the Earths most powerful Mutants in one body. Oh and I did forget the Phoenix force. Although again that is not technically a mutant force.

Yeah I guess the big power houses are not technically Mutants. However if you were talking Onslaught he was an Amalgam of Charles Xavier, Magneto and Franklin Richards. So 3 of the Earths most powerful Mutants in one body. Oh and I did forget the Phoenix force. Although again that is not technically a mutant force.

Yeah, traditionally, while The Phoenix Force was extraterrestrial in nature, it gravitates to Omega Level mutant telepaths (or variations on that mutant theme).

Yeah, traditionally, while The Phoenix Force was extraterrestrial in nature, it gravitates to Omega Level mutant telepaths (or variations on that mutant theme).

Chas,

In Evolution, didn't they go more along the lines (or hint at it) that it was just a part of Jean's omega level powers instead of being extraterrestrial in nature?

Chas,

In Evolution, didn't they go more along the lines (or hint at it) that it was just a part of Jean's omega level powers instead of being extraterrestrial in nature?

That's certainly the direction they went in The Ultimate Universe, and in the films. I mean, once you're an Omega Level psychokinetic, you honestly might not need The Phoenix Force to get that level of power.

But I prefer the original version, as it better ties The X-Men into the greater tapestry of The Marvel Universe.

That's certainly the direction they went in The Ultimate Universe, and in the films. I mean, once you're an Omega Level psychokinetic, you honestly might not need The Phoenix Force to get that level of power.

But I prefer the original version, as it better ties The X-Men into the greater tapestry of The Marvel Universe.

very true. Though I do remember Bryan Singer saying once that his intention was to use the Phoenix Force entity. But since he didn't do the third movie that point is moot. Though now that he's rewritten the timeline it will be interesting to see what direction they take with it now.

So Frank is driving from Chicago to New York State. I estimate about 12 hours to make that trip, if he doesn't stop (and he wouldn't). So what time is it there in New Carthage right now, current scene? I need to estimate when Craft would arrive.

So Frank is driving from Chicago to New York State. I estimate about 12 hours to make that trip, if he doesn't stop (and he wouldn't). So what time is it there in New Carthage right now, current scene? I need to estimate when Craft would arrive.

I'd been playing it that it was about mid-morning to early afternoon, like the main thread before the Gotham team's timeskip.

Blue made a reference to "this time of night" a few posts ago, but maybe he was just being ironical.

Nevyn, feel free to play a little fast and loose with the timing. I am not overly concerned and it is very possible that he started heading before the others. I mean, John and Franken!Chas were coming from Atlanta so it would be reasonable that he arrive roughly the same time?

Ah darnit!

There goes the perfect little story-plot idea I had for my mutant novel.

Sheit.

But thanks anyway Chass, I didn't realize that it was all about which Earth you're on

Just because it's been done before, doesn't mean you can't do it again in a new different better way.

I mean, look at Hydra, COBRA, and Kobra.

Just because it's been done before, doesn't mean you can't do it again in a new different better way.

I mean, look at Hydra, COBRA, and Kobra.

Yeah, it gets so confusing at times. I mean I am an old school reader. I know X-men since the beginning to around about when Wolvy started going Feral.

So about Age of Apocolypse Time. I was also a reader of all the other X titles and Wolverine of course. Now I pick up one of the titles and go HUH, what the hell. Timelines have been screwed up, people changed, stuff has happened. These are no longer the X-men I know.

Also look at the latest crop of Movies. F4. They are younger and Johnny is black. Ant man. Instead of doing the original Hank Pym they decide to go with Scott Lang and then muddle up the story line.

Yeah, it gets so confusing at times. I mean I am an old school reader. I know X-men since the beginning to around about when Wolvy started going Feral.

So about Age of Apocolypse Time. I was also a reader of all the other X titles and Wolverine of course. Now I pick up one of the titles and go HUH, what the hell. Timelines have been screwed up, people changed, stuff has happened. These are no longer the X-men I know.

Also look at the latest crop of Movies. F4. They are younger and Johnny is black. Ant man. Instead of doing the original Hank Pym they decide to go with Scott Lang and then muddle up the story line.

Stories have always changed in retellings, back to cave paintings around fires. Like the Dreamtime, it's always changing, in a constant state of re-creation. Myths have alternate interpretations, choose your own adventure, The Greeks and The Romans even shared a pantheon but their tales were markedly different.

And stories that stretch on for decades need to evolve sometime, characters need to develop, or they'll stagnate.

I thought it was a deft touch to have Hank have a secret career as Ant-Man before passing the torch to Scott, a sweet nod to original comics canon while being fresh and interesting. It's a shame that Janet got fridged in the bargain, but it seems to me that they're leaving the door open for her to come back. (Uh, spoilers.) Also, by tying Hank into the past of The Marvel Cinematic Universe, we got to glimpse little-seen time periods in MCU history, and I got to see my gorgeous Peggy Carter as a grey-haired beauty.

I personally have zero problem with Johnny being black, and it bewilders me that anyone would have a problem with that-- alternate universes are alternate, after all. What I have a problem with is that the movie itself apparently sucks big sandstone balls-- The Fan4 characters deserve a good flick for once.

Remember that since there's so many different versions of stories, you're free to pick your favorites and your least favorites, but I think it's important to see the validity in as many as you can.

Except "Spider-Man 3," "X-Men 3," and "Wolverine Origins." That shit is anathema.

Not that I have a problem with the fact that Johnny is black, but aren't he and Sue supposed to be blood relatives? Just curious how they worked around that since I didn't see the movie and will not be inclined to watch it since F4 is not on any of my like lists. (Yup I did not like the first ones either, only reason I watched the second one was Silver Surfer and even that was disappointing.)

Sue's adopted.

Although biracial couples have been known to have children that can present as either ethnicity-- I once traveled Europe with a girl with a white mother and a black father who was redhaired and pale with freckles --being adopted makes you no less family and no less loved.

Thor's crack about Loki's being adopted in the movies belies the bond he shares with The Trickster-- "you give up this poisonous dream, you come home."

And Nightcrawler and Rogue being foster siblings makes Mystique no less a mother figure to either of them. Not mom of the year by any stretch, but still holding that place in their respective hearts.

The original cinematic Fantastic Four movies were watchable, but far from perfect. Johnny and Ben were spot-on, they mishandled Sue (as these things often do), and Ioan Gruffud, a spectacular actor, really disappointed as Reed.

Oh don't get me wrong Chas. I wasn't bitching about Johnny being black, or all the retellings, as long as it is done well and sticks to a basic mythos of the story line.

I mean slapping a bunch of Marvel or DC labels on a movie and making the main character/s look vaguely how they are supposed to means nothing if the story is nothing like what the fans know is true. Sure you can take it in a new direction but if you say something really weird like 'Wolverine got his claws chopped off', you better have a reason for it.

I am really waiting for Deadpool. I am truly hoping it is as good as the hype surrounding it. That is the right fit for Ryan Reynolds.

Sue's adopted.

Although biracial couples have been known to have children that can present as either ethnicity-- I once traveled Europe with a girl with a white mother and a black father who was redhaired and pale with freckles --being adopted makes you no less family and no less loved.

Thor's crack about Loki's being adopted in the movies belies the bond he shares with The Trickster-- "you give up this poisonous dream, you come home."

And Nightcrawler and Rogue being foster siblings makes Mystique no less a mother figure to either of them. Not mom of the year by any stretch, but still holding that place in their respective hearts.

The original cinematic Fantastic Four movies were watchable, but far from perfect. Johnny and Ben were spot-on, they mishandled Sue (as these things often do), and Ioan Gruffud, a spectacular actor, really disappointed as Reed.

And from what I've heard here the actors all did a good believable job. That it was the appearant lack of a 2nd and 3rd act that really makes the movie suck.

As for Nightcrawler, Rogue and Mystique. I do wonder how Bryan Singer is handling that in this new movie.

And from what I've heard here the actors all did a good believable job. That it was the appearant lack of a 2nd and 3rd act that really makes the movie suck.

As for Nightcrawler, Rogue and Mystique. I do wonder how Bryan Singer is handling that in this new movie.

Oh and you can't forget their brother Graydon Creed, Leader of the Friends of Humanity. Mystique had him with Victor Creed aka Sabretooth.

New hashtag: #shitinShrievespurse

70de232e739b3dae883f6959045a4d0c.jpg

[Source.]

Back