-Getting slammed on story rating and number of followers increasing

eroticstoryspinner

Really Really Experienced
There have been a lot of discussions about story ratings of late. I just published Mom and Daughter Face penal Slavery part 2 https://literotica.com/s/mom-and-daughter-face-penal-slavery-pt-02

On one hand it is shaping up to be the worst rated story I have published to date. On the other had as of this post I have gained 12 new followers since the story was published.

Makes me feel a little better. :) Also, apparently ratings are not everything.

There have been a lot of discussions about story ratings of late. I just published Mom and Daughter Face penal Slavery part 2 https://literotica.com/s/mom-and-daughter-face-penal-slavery-pt-02

On one hand it is shaping up to be the worst rated story I have published to date. On the other had as of this post I have gained 12 new followers since the story was published.

Makes me feel a little better. :) Also, apparently ratings are not everything.

You just published it, so the ratings don't mean anything. You've probably been hit with some 1-bombs. As the votes rise and the sweeps happen some of them will be weeded out. 12 favorites is good. I'm sure your score will rebound.

You just published it, so the ratings don't mean anything. You've probably been hit with some 1-bombs. As the votes rise and the sweeps happen some of them will be weeded out. 12 favorites is good. I'm sure your score will rebound.

Thanks, it was not favorites, which is about 6 so far but followers. 41 ratings so far. I certainly hope so.

Welcome to the world of Lit trolls. I sometimes wonder what our scores would look like if they were not warped by the cheating of such critters.

BTW, 12 followers is indeed good! Congratulations.

I used to obsess over my LIT numbers. Massive one-bombing that eliminated many Red-H's cured me of that. Not caring is much less stressful, whew.

Consider: Why are you here? Why post stories on LIT? For personal satisfaction or need? To improve your writing? To inflame readers? To be paid in cashless brownie points: views, votes, faves, follows, comments? I submit to LIT because voices in my head insist. I now merely appreciate faves and comments, and don't worry about the rest.

I used to obsess over my LIT numbers. Massive one-bombing that eliminated many Red-H's cured me of that. Not caring is much less stressful, whew.

Consider: Why are you here? Why post stories on LIT? For personal satisfaction or need? To improve your writing? To inflame readers? To be paid in cashless brownie points: views, votes, faves, follows, comments? I submit to LIT because voices in my head insist. I now merely appreciate faves and comments, and don't worry about the rest.

I write to sharpen my skills s I have mentioned in other threads. I was more amused than anything else

I will check again later, but my scores and hearts were PERFECTLY inverted last time I checked (stories with few hearts had high scores, tons of hearts low scores), guess folks really like or really don't like what I write.

I write for the reason stated below, but I treasure the hearts.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

EDIT:True for 29/30 Incest Taboo
1/1 Loving Wives
1/1 Interracial
3/3 BDSM
3/3 Group Sex
Interestingly not true in any Sci Fi, Celeberty or Humor offering...

Last edited:
Favorites on multi-chaptered stories can be deceptive, because some readers use them as bookmarks to keep track of where they are in the series.

Favorites on multi-chaptered stories can be deceptive, because some readers use them as bookmarks to keep track of where they are in the series.
And the new dashboard doesn't help. I used to know when stuff was un-faved -- no more. I see faves, follows, and comments tabulated, but not un-faves. Does that make me feel better?

Thanks, it was not favorites, which is about 6 so far but followers. 41 ratings so far. I certainly hope so.

You're over 4 since earlier today. Very good sign. The fact your story has some favorites and you've picked up followers also is a good sign. So relax and be patient. Almost certainly, you had one-bombs. Some incest readers have delicate sensibilities (batshit crazy but true) and may have penalized you for the slavery element. But the more your story gets read by those who read chapter 1 (which did well) the better it will do.

And the new dashboard doesn't help. I used to know when stuff was un-faved -- no more. I see faves, follows, and comments tabulated, but not un-faves. Does that make me feel better?

I thought it was odd that this feature was eliminated.

I've had a couple of readers regularly favorite and then de-favorite certain stories. Weird. I could only see that on the old panel.

Back