Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're a veggie or a fruit? Or if I would eat them?

Hmm...I believe they are vegetables, but i've never tried one. I like eating raw peppers though xD so I might.

Would you eat them all day? :D
They're peppers...the ones they stuff inside green olives.
 
Yes!

Would you eat them all day? :D
They're peppers...the ones they stuff inside green olives.

OMG YES! I love that part. I didn't know they were peppers xD wow. You learn new things everyday. And yes, I'd eat those all day too.
 

The Great Train Robbery


Britain's "Great Train Robbery" was carried out on this date in 1963. In the pre-dawn hours, a Royal Mail train bound from Glasgow to London was stopped by an unexpected red signal on the line. When the conductor stopped the train to investigate, 15 men in ski masks, armed with iron bars, boarded the train and relieved it of 124 sacks of bank notes worth well over £2 million.

The robbers made a getaway to their farmhouse lair about 30 miles away, where they counted and divided the money and even played Monopoly with it. They cleaned the place before they left, but didn't do a very thorough job, and police were able to recover the fingerprints of all of the robbers. Twelve of the 15 men were captured and tried within six months, but shortly after the trial, two of them — Ronnie Biggs and Charlie Wilson — escaped prison and fled to Paris, where they had plastic surgery to change their appearance. The other three, including mastermind Bruce Reynolds, also evaded police for several years, but eventually all of the robbers were captured.


http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2012/08/08
 
I've got my new set of dentures - at last!

It has taken three years of impressions, trial fits, remaking, more trials, etc.

But now I have a set that fit.

The original impressions were sent to dental technicians in China and seemed to go by slow boat each way with an average of six weeks between trial fittings. They never fitted properly.

Eventually my dentist gave up and ordered the next set from a local dental technician. The result was appalling. I could barely fit them into my mouth, let alone actually use them as designed.

Now my dentist has used the technician that she used to use before he moved away from our town. I now have to get used to the new dentures but from the first trial they felt much better than all the previous attempts.

No. They are NOT National Health Service dentures. They are from a private dental practice and I pay for everything myself.
 
I had to buy a new mattress and bedding today. The old mattress was causing me back problems again (I think it was the mattress). And my old bedding was... Well... Washing wouldn't have helped, and the last fitted sheet I have has a rip right down the length of it from crotch to toe (it started out from knee to toe from my rough heel ripping it, and got bigger).

So there is a few hundred bucks I was hoping not to spend for another year or two...
 
I miss you and your friends as well. I feel like I fit in here better a few years ago than I do now. I hardly come here much lately.
Yep. I know the feeling. Though there are some good people in here now than when I peeked a few months ago.
 
My un-air conditioned office building smells like rotting dog food, and someone is blasting some god-awful baroque.

This counts as torture, right?
 
Damn--I was planning on using the "torture counts as 1.5 time" rule today.

Oh well. I'll just save that one for staff meetings. Surely that counts as torture? :confused:

If you have the unprepared member with the crucial task, the one who always nods and agrees, whatever is said and the one who is half an hour late, only to leave early - yes, then it counts :)
 
I got paid for March. Yay! Two pay checks in as many weeks is a much needed improvement from so few over the last few years.

Now I can upgrade my computer, and get it working again.

What? 700+ to get my brakes fixed? Bullshit...
 
"Give it to me! she yelled. "I'm so fucking wet, give it to me now!"
She could scream all she wanted. I was keeping the umbrella.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top