images in threads

Lricky

Really Really Experienced
Sometimes when I click on a new thread the images are in full view for every post and other times the images are like a link in the post that I have to click on to open to view. Why is this sometimes on and sometimes off. Is there a format switch or key that I can change to view images without having to click or double click? :)

I have noticed this too. I haven't been on in a while but it wasn't like that before.

Also, I can't even edit my profile. I don't know wtf is going on or why my account has restricted privileges.:mad:

Images vs. Links

If you want the full image to show, there is a square yellow icon at the top of the text window, has a mountain in the square. Click that and in the window that opens at the top of the page, enter the URL where your image is located. Then OK. Then add your text for the post, then either preview or submit the post. The image will show directly in the thread.

If you don't want the image to show directly, just enter the link URL into the post window and it will appear as a link.

Some threads are very observant of Lit rules that forbid posting full images that violate Lit rules; that is why many people choose to post links.

Maybe more explanation is needed. When I open some threads pictures are apparent immediately. If I close that thread and go to another thread and then go back to the first thread those pictures are now links. In the first case I can scroll down easily and in the second case I have to click every link. This has nothing to do with anything I do. It just happens. So I am curious as to what "bug" is in the programing of the threads that would allow this to happen.

Maybe more explanation is needed. When I open some threads pictures are apparent immediately. If I close that thread and go to another thread and then go back to the first thread those pictures are now links. In the first case I can scroll down easily and in the second case I have to click every link. This has nothing to do with anything I do. It just happens. So I am curious as to what "bug" is in the programing of the threads that would allow this to happen.

Which threads and posts are those? Care to share so we can study the problem for ourselves?

Pics in threads

Which threads and posts are those? Care to share so we can study the problem for ourselves?

I will post threads next time this phenomena occurs. However it may not happen when you explore because it is so sporadic. :)

Sounds more like a caching issue in your browser. Nothing on the site would do that.

Sounds more like a caching issue in your browser. Nothing on the site would do that.

No problem really. I like better when I can scroll down the thread and see the pics without having to click on every link. :D

I've been trying to figure out how to get the "Add Picture" Icon, the emogees, and the Icons for Bold, Italic and Underline in the reply box, as I have heard they're supposed to be there. Do you need a certain number of posts before they become available? I stumbled onto the place where I learned you have to post 100 times before you can get an AV, but forgot to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find my way back there.

Just not the sharpest technical knife in the drawer (if I had a frowny or embarrassed emogee, I would put it here)

I've been trying to figure out how to get the "Add Picture" Icon, the emogees, and the Icons for Bold, Italic and Underline in the reply box, as I have heard they're supposed to be there. Do you need a certain number of posts before they become available? I stumbled onto the place where I learned you have to post 100 times before you can get an AV, but forgot to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find my way back there.

Just not the sharpest technical knife in the drawer (if I had a frowny or embarrassed emogee, I would put it here)

Quick links->Edit options, scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and set your editor to the one with the extra formatting controls. You’ll see them above and to the right of the ‘writing’ box when you post.

:)

It's quite simple. If the image is hosted elsewhere, like on web page, Tumbler, iMgur or a third party image hosting site, and the URL to the image is posted in the image will appear without additional clicking.

If the image is uploaded to Literotica as a file, like uploaded from the poster's local machine, the viewer/reader of the thread will have to click on the image link to view it.

It's been that way for as long as I remember.

Quick links->Edit options, scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and set your editor to the one with the extra formatting controls. You’ll see them above and to the right of the ‘writing’ box when you post.

You are awesome! Thank you so much! My first imogees are heartfelt and dedicated to you:
:):D;):cattail::rose::heart:

Whee!

You are awesome! Thank you so much! My first imogees are heartfelt and dedicated to you:
:):D;):cattail::rose::heart::kiss:

Whee!

Back