Justice League: The New Wave (IC)

With the battle over the Glow Sword of Michael vanished, and Renegade collapsed to the ground, the hole through it’s chest still visible. Moments later she twitched, with a groan the gender twisting Assassin sat up, sticking a finger in that nasty wound.

”Good shot, asshole.” She said, looking around. “Fuck! Did the asswipe run away?”
 
Closing her eyes Raven sighed, teeth grinding together in frustration as she considered the options. From what she heard going on around her things were resolving themselves. Some where even planning on milkshake dates. Typical.

With a flash of power she opened a gate and stepped through, traveling elsewhere.
 
Leaning in Xarathos looked at Connor and spoke one word, a name really. “Constantine..”

And then it was gone, molten rock the only evidence it had been standing there.

Connor had been prepared for just about anything. Being struck down for his impertinence. Sent straight to hell to suffer for all eternity. Having to lock eyes and experience exactly what the penance gaze was. Having Xarathos completely ignore him or having the Rider appear. Even the really unlikely event that Danni appeared back in front of him.

What he was not prepared for however was for the Daemon to utter a single word and then disappear. Just what had it meant 'Constantine'? Who or what was a Constantine? Damn, now he had something else he had to investigate.

Running his hands through his hair he sighed. Were all relationships this complicated? Still he was not going to give up on it. He was not sure if the Daemon was testing him, or if something else was going on, but whatever it was he was going to find out what it was.

"Okay, well I hope the Justice league computers have something on this Constantine or I am going to be in for a very long search."
 
Damaged. Good.

As the team took stock of the scene and reacted in their own ways, a soft whiny groaning noise came from somewhere nearby.

...and Martian Manhuntress slowly levitated up through the rock of Moonbase Ex, phasing up and out of it, and then just levitating there for the moment.

Even for an intangible Pale Martian, she looked as white as a ghost.

"Sorry, I-- just-- pulling myself together."

"Did the Man in The Iron Mask peace out?"

"Good, smells better around here already."
 
Shake it Off.

"The bad man went away." He looked at Beast Boy and then at Sandman, who was his ride and tour guide to this odd new world.

"Can We get Milkshakes now? I like the smell of chocolate milkshakes."

"Milkshakes, huh?"

Ruby considered this for a few seconds as she holstered her phone.

"My diet's all out of whack since I'm not drinking all these empty calories anymore. But yeah. Milkshakes sound good. What's a few more crunches?"

She laughed softly. "Milkshakes are the new shawarma."
 
Bring me Water.

With the battle over the Glow Sword of Michael vanished, and Renegade collapsed to the ground, the hole through it’s chest still visible. Moments later she twitched, with a groan the gender twisting Assassin sat up, sticking a finger in that nasty wound.

”Good shot, asshole.” She said, looking around. “Fuck! Did the asswipe run away?”

Limping over, still cradling her busted wrist, Lorena winced at the blast crater in Renegade's chest.

"Ay, mami. Sorry for assuming you could walk that off. You want me to speed up the process for you?"

She glanced around-- "Who else needs a heal? Forma una linea aqui, por favor."
 
Aztek as Tech Can Be.

Running his hands through his hair he sighed. Were all relationships this complicated?

"Okay, well I hope the Justice league computers have something on this Constantine or I am going to be in for a very long search."

At that, Aztek flew up.

Awake now, but looking groggy.

He landed and took in The New Justice League with a glance. "Hey, ah. The Titans are starting to wake up. We're... we're sorry we hit you guys. Thanks for stopping me from blowing up Seattle. Captain Marvel's kind of a mess, his Wisdom of Solomon-- we're all shaken up."

He moved to Aquagirl's side and touched her wrist, and with a shimmer and a snap-crackle-pop... her arm healed, and she looked at him with surprise. "I didn't know you could do that."

"I don't really understand it yet, so I'm trying not to make a habit of it," Aztek winced.

"Gracias," Lorena reassured him, flexing her fingers and turning her wrist this way and that.

Aztek smiled, relieved: "De nada."

Then the sun-helmeted hero glanced up at Connor.

"Sorry especially for sucker-punching you while I was invisible. If it helps, you're looking for Constantine? You should talk to Zatanna."
 
Last edited:
Aztek looked to Conner and told him, "Sorry especially for sucker-punching you while I was invisible. If it helps, you're looking for Constantine? You should talk to Zatanna."

Connor was a little startled as he thought he had kept his musings to himself, but then again the way the fight had gone it was no wonder his hearing was on the fritz, or maybe he was just not quite in control of himself yet.

Either way he was glad of it for it had just provided him a lead.

"Hey no problems. Mind control can be a bitch, and besides, you just gave me a hads up on what I should be watching for next time," he smiled. "Let's just call it a training mishap and move on."

Grinning he looked around and then not seeing her he asked, "Uh by the way. You wouldn't happen to know where Zatanna is or how I can get in contact with her would you?"
 
Flight not Fight.

Connor was a little startled as he thought he had kept his musings to himself.

Aztek grinned sheepishly, pointed to the helmet. "Yeah, what's the phrase, 'my bad?' Helmet gives me super-hearing."

"Hey no problems. Mind control can be a bitch, and besides, you just gave me a hads up on what I should be watching for next time," he smiled. "Let's just call it a training mishap and move on."

"Thanks," Aztek nodded with easy grace and delighted surprise. He had long been a proponent of heroes being more civil with each other, walking it off instead of holding years-long feuds. "That's big of you."

Grinning he looked around and then not seeing her he asked, "Uh by the way. You wouldn't happen to know where Zatanna is or how I can get in contact with her would you?"

He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder without missing a beat.

"When I left the group, she was just waking up and getting debriefed by DEO Agents. We can go see if she's teleported away yet? I can give you a lift if you want."
 
Aztek grinned sheepishly, pointed to the helmet. "Yeah, what's the phrase, 'my bad?' Helmet gives me super-hearing."

Connor shrugged. Well it was good to know he had not been yelling out all his private thoughts at least. Still it was no real skin off his nose.

"Thanks," Aztek nodded with easy grace and delighted surprise. He had long been a proponent of heroes being more civil with each other, walking it off instead of holding years-long feuds. "That's big of you."

Smiling Connor began to walk over towards him. "No big deal. Years of living in a monastery teach you a few things. One of which is not to hold grudges, especially against people that couldn't help themselves." Shrugging he thought back to the battle and then winced. "Ooohh. That reminds me. I should really speak to Arsenal is it? I owe him an apology. I said a few things that might have been a little below the belt when I was under the influence as well."

He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder without missing a beat.

"When I left the group, she was just waking up and getting debriefed by DEO Agents. We can go see if she's teleported away yet? I can give you a lift if you want."

Connor's grin widened as he heard the news about Zatanna. "That would be great. I have to find out about this Constantine thing as quickly as possible. Hopefully we can get to her before she leaves or I am going to be in a whole heap of trouble."

As he waited for Aztek to provide the lift back to the shoreline he asked him. "Do you really think she knows anything about Constantine? I really need to get to it and fast."
 
Renegade is terrible at flirting..

Limping over, still cradling her busted wrist, Lorena winced at the blast crater in Renegade's chest.

"Ay, mami. Sorry for assuming you could walk that off. You want me to speed up the process for you?"

"I'll be fine," Renegade replied as she stood up, and shifted to Male. "Takes more than that to drop me forever." Running his tongue across his teeth he grimaced. "Tingles. Like Magic and Lightening bolts. With just a hint of BBQ'd beef."


She glanced around-- "Who else needs a heal? Forma una linea aqui, por favor."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Walking through the halls, Renegade left the Armoury making sure ALL of her weapons had been properly stowed and cared for. Some of them cost a pretty penny, and several were unique and impossible to replace.

Eventually she stopped at a door and watched as Natasha Irons worked. “If you ever change your mind about Tahiti, you have my number.” Then she stepped back and merged with a group that was talking technical mumbo jumbo. Vanishing until she was needed again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Did the Man in The Iron Mask peace out?"

"Good, smells better around here already."

"It would appear that he has." Batman replied to the Manhuntress' question. "And as such I should go as well. If you should ever have need of me call me." he told her. As he finished saying a vehicle that looked like a Bat arrived and hovered. Batman tossed a small device to the pale Martian and then flew up to the Batwing and like that he left.

It was going to take him hours to get back to Gotham. But at least he'd have some time to think. Plus he needed to start making some calls.
 
As the team took stock of the scene and reacted in their own ways, a soft whiny groaning noise came from somewhere nearby.

...and Martian Manhuntress slowly levitated up through the rock of Moonbase Ex, phasing up and out of it, and then just levitating there for the moment.

Even for an intangible Pale Martian, she looked as white as a ghost.

"Sorry, I-- just-- pulling myself together."

“Take your time, I’m patient.” Karan replied, watching the surrounding area just incase the psychopaths had left anymore surprises.

"Did the Man in The Iron Mask peace out?"

“Yeah, he did a teleport thing. And far enough away that I can’t see him. Raven took his armour with her, so he’ll be a little less formidable next time. I hope.”

"Good, smells better around here already."

“Yeah, How are you feeling?” Wondergirl asked, looking at her feet. “I’m sorry I left you. There was just so much going on and I lost track of where you were then I was getting hit a lot..” Trailing off she didn’t know how to say I’m sorry enough without sounding like a fool.
 
Garfield loved to make people smile and Thea was no exception. Seeing that he haven't seen her since the Kobra incident. He made big puppy eyes and batted his eyelids as he gushed, "I just LOVE your Anime Thea-san!! Please sign my credit card!!"

Again a grin came over his features, then he sobered slightly as the two of them watched the departure of the, in Garfield's opinion, mad Havoc. He tilted his head tto focus on Thea again, "Well that sucks. All of that, you dieing on me again and becomming quite a beautiful cat-lady in the process and just like the Hvac just BAMFs out of here."

He sighed then brightened up, "We did get his cronies though, so score one for the good guys AND milkshakes! Score two for us."

Garfield started doing a silly little shuffle, "Come on Cat, God sayeth in His Twelth Commandment Thou shalt do the Happy dance."

Thea laughed openly at Gar's silliness and looked his jig up and down and said "No. Just no." But she reached out and got him in a gentle headlock and noogied him.

"Once we get home and cleaned up it'll be shake time." She started to say more and stopped. She looked down at her feet. Or more aptly, her paws. She was going to say the kid had earned the rare treat of seeing Thea Grant in heels. That ship had sailed for the last time. Hell, she didn't even have any clothes that would fit her anymore. She was going to have to cut herself out of what she was wearing with the mass she'd gained this time.

"Clothes shopping, clean up, and then the shakes begin. And burgers. Definitely burgers. I am starving."
 
"Milkshakes, huh?"

Ruby considered this for a few seconds as she holstered her phone.

"My diet's all out of whack since I'm not drinking all these empty calories anymore. But yeah. Milkshakes sound good. What's a few more crunches?"

She laughed softly. "Milkshakes are the new shawarma."

Thea looked over at Ruby. "Shawarma? Shawarma could be good too." Damn why did food sound so good right now? The curse must have used up a lot out of her this time.
 
Moonbase Ex.
Just Off Shore.

********​

The Antigrav Ring on Rebel's finger shimmered slightly.

And then fizzled out of existence in a hypertime flux.

Jo was caught off guard for a second as she fell before catching herself with her own flight. Damn, she was gonna miss that ring. It had felt kinda natural. She lowered herself to the ground and laughed at her team mates' banter. The talk of food sounded really good too. She found that when she used her powers a lot that it made her hungry. And she had used those powers a whole lot. Then she remembered her state of near undress. "Y'all think Mister Luthor would mind payin fer a pair a jeans and a t shirt?"
 
When locked in a headlock which wasn't bad to be in, there wasn't a need to struggle. Even as she messed up his hair with a noogie, he didn't struggle. So this is what it felt like to feel accepted.

He grinned from his place in Thea's arm and threw his arms wide, his words a bit muffled from the elbow under his chin, "Invite the Titans as well! They are here, we are here, let's celebrate! Showers, burgers, schwarmas, milkshakes and new clothing for all!"

Thea suddenly found herself headlocking a green silverback gorilla, with a very Gar-like grin, the gorilla embraced her and gave a tight hug. Then the gorilla was gone and a green house cat lazzily draped over her shoulders.

"Meaow."
 
Family is always there.

~Los Angeles, CA.~

The blond woman in her barely there red dress, high high red heels, and the red dragon tattoo twinning down her right leg watched the T.V. and said "Ah hell, what's his angle on this?" She was watching footage as it happened of the new Justice League in action. She listened as the reporter was telling the viewers about what she was seeing. The freaking Space Needle flying through the air. Apparently it had been torn out of the ground and been used as a weapon and freaking Rebel was getting it out of the way. Why would he let her out of his sight? What was in all of this for him? Guess it was time for a break from Hollywood. Okay, so a break from Chatsworth. Maybe she could swing a couple of nights at Maggie's or the Cat Call lounge? They were always good money.

Yes. It was time for little Jo-Jo to get to finally meet her big sister. "Doug, make a couple of calls for me? Maggie's and Cat Call in Metro? I am heading there for a family visit. Figured Savannah Belle could make a couple of appearances for her fans? "Sides I figure it'll pay for my flight."

The guy sitting at the table in front of his lap top looked up. "You're wanting to take a break? The hardest working woman in the industry taking a break?" He grinned and let it drop when he saw the look on her face. He knew that look and knew to stay out of her reach. "Yes ma'am. On it. I know the promoter at Maggie's. He owes me one. Two or three nights?"

And Hannah Nash stood up, gave her down to the small of her back hair a toss, and headed for the door. "Make it a week. And Doug? You ever set us up for a shoot in a dump like this again, we will have words. Be ready when I call. I might need your skills to do that voodoo you do."
 
Last edited:
While the entire Nation's eyes were on Seattle, watching the New Justice League battle first their own allies, the Titans and then the new threat of Lord Havok and the Extremists it happened. In broad daylight. With the precision of a military operation. Jackson Mississippi, The Broken Angels. Nashville Tennessee, The Banshees. Atlanta Georgia, The Southern Bloods. All gone. The largest crime organizations in these three major southern cities wiped off the face of the Earth.

Someone somewhere was making a major move in crime consolidation in the south. And they were subtle. They were organized. It was like they had known when to strike.

~Grimes Alabama~

The older man stood in front of a newly installed video screen. It was split into three windows, a younger man with a resemblance to the elder in each window. "How'd it go boys? We lose any? Or more ta th point did we lose any blood?" The three youngers all shook their heads. The older man grinned.

"We took a little bit a hurt Pa, but none lost here," Mick said. "The Nashville crew had better than usual guns. Actually had some body armor too. But we handled it just like ya told us too. No evidence left behind."

Randy spoke next. "Jackson had no idea what hit um Pa. They just kinda rolled over and took it. Was kinda sad really. I guess high end weapons really are scary when yer on the wrong end of them."

The elder looked at the last of his lieutenants. The young man simply nodded and gave a slight grunt. The elder spoke, "Nothing Lucas? Was Atlanta really that boring to you?"

Lucas scowled and shrugged "Nothin ta write home 'bout. They bled. They cried. A few begged. They all died. People gettin killed ain't nothin but a thing Unc. Ya know me, it's what I do. But the men handled themselves well. They stayed cool and din't get sick doin what ya asked us ta do with the leaders of the Bloods. Can't wait ta hear th news when they find that warehouse."

What the police would find were twelve bodies. The three leaders of the gang and their families. Processed like game ready for the freezer. The packages of meat piled up with the corresponding head on top and the gut pile in front. Like deer or cattle to the slaughter.

That thought and memory did bring a smile to Lucas' face. "It was damned art Unc. Some a my best. I think we won't have a problem securin Atlanta."

The older man smiled. Lucas was such a joy to have in the family. Papa Nash couldn't claim the boy by birth, that had been his sister's work. But Lucas was what he wished he could have turned Jo into. He'd tried but that girl had balked at anything more than roughin someone up. She was even more gentle than Mick or Randal. Nash wished he hadn't pushed his only blood daughter Hannah as hard as he had. Hannah was just a step under Lucas in her mean streak, but way prettier.

That had been the downfall for Nash. She'd been too pretty ta resist. Reminded him too much a his wife when she was younger. She'd let him live for it, but she had been gone by the next morning. Pity that. She had such a handle on the areas she was good at. Her girls always brought in the best money. She could break a girl like no one else. Pity. And now he'd traded Josephine for this new bit of power. A super powered girl for the reins of the South. Fair enough trade.
 
Last edited:
Carin was a little shocked at the others attitudes. Okay the big bad's had been defeated and once again the World had been saved, but now they wanted to head off for Milkshakes, or just head home??? Hell there was still a city to clean up.

Shaking her head, she sped off and found the first emergency worker she could. It seemed the had got lucky. Well not lucky as such, but Rebel, Martian, and the others had done their job well and there had been no loss of life. Heck even she had helped out a bit on that one.

Still, there was still property damage, and some streets were blocked off due to chunks of rock. The park itself looked like a war zone and of course the bay now had an aircraft carrier sized moon rock and the needle from the top of the tower in it.

She grimaced at those last two having no idea how they were going to be cleaned up. Well leave that to the big wigs and do what she could. Finding out from the guy were the main problems were on a map he had she told him to call in that she would take care of things and then raced off.

It was a simple matter to vibrate the rocks down to rubble and then scoop that into waiting trucks. They had thought they would have to use cranes, yet in a matter of minutes she had the area clear and spotless.

Next she turned her attention to the park, borrowing a few tools from the job site she had just been at. She filled in holes, Replanted a few trees, cut and stacked up the ones she couldn't, cleaned up as best she could and returned the tools.

It still didn't look the best, but it looked better. She only wished she could do more.
 
Sitting in her residence, she floated.

She needed to figure out where Havok had gone. She needed to control her emotions. Failure had resulted in Havok getting away. Failure meant she couldn’t stay around the team or she’d kill them in her anger.

Mirrors tied into it, somehow. Maybe if she could lock her emotions inside a mirror, so they didn’t interfere with what she needed to do, when she needed to do it.

Turning her head she looked at the crystal coffin, and through the stasis spell, at the body inside. Domina was Death, the body nothing more than residual carbon and water. Domina was gone. Hell, she’d talked to her after death. But she couldn’t let go.

Dropping her feet to the floor she drifted over, gazing down at the copper coins covering perfect eyes. A ceremonial purpose – the coins, but it had meant something to Domina. Fingers brushed the coffin top.

She needed to learn control. To harness the power of her emotions. To stop lashing out. She could have hurt someone at the Headquarters. Hell she should have hurt Renegade more, but the asshat was resilient. Maybe that was a good thing.

But she needed to learn control.

She was going to kill people if she didn’t learn…

Control.

She shouldn’t have let herself feel.

She shouldn’t have let herself care.

She needed..

.. a single tear slid down her cheek..

The floor her apartment was on detonated.
 
Vengeance walked the depths of Hell. Crossing between the dark lands and floating the River Styx with Kharon. Few crossed it’s path willingly as it hunted. Its form writhed with fire and rage. It sought out the dark ones, wringing truths and lies from them as it sought answers that none could give it.

It would have the answers it needed if it had to destroy Creation to get them.
 
"Milkshakes, huh?"

Ruby considered this for a few seconds as she holstered her phone.

"My diet's all out of whack since I'm not drinking all these empty calories anymore. But yeah. Milkshakes sound good. What's a few more crunches?"

She laughed softly. "Milkshakes are the new shawarma."

GRID walked over to the group of heroes, sending his armor back to the ship for maintenance. "I know this great diner in Lawrence, has the best pie."
 
As everything came to an end, The Sandman took a moment to collect himself.

He looked around, realizing that he didn't really know any of these young heroes. Except the Manhuntress. Sort of.

"So... that was a thing. By the way... we sort of have a large,
currently floating chunk of extradimensional moonrock to deal with still. Before everyone goes for Milkshakes, maybe we can figure that out? I can connect it to the ocean floor, or if anyone has a better idea?"
 
Back
Top