We'll take the niggers and women but we don't want the Irish!

KRCummings

Uh...
Augusta finally admits female members and fuck if it aint Condi Rice.
I thought they had cleared their conscience by letting Tiger play once a year but guess not.

blazingsaddles.jpg

The problem is the galz and Niggaz got nuthin us white boyz wanna join.

The ladies are required to knit covers for their own spittoons.

Is it not a private club?

back in April, the CEO of IBM was denied membership to Augusta despite the clubs long standing tradition of giving memberships to the heads of their major sponsors simply due to her genitalia

this was a case of Augusta realizing they were shooting themselves in the foot when it came to their cash flow and less about gender politics

back in April, the CEO of IBM was denied membership to Augusta despite the clubs long standing tradition of giving memberships to the heads of their major sponsors simply due to her genitalia

this was a case of Augusta realizing they were shooting themselves in the foot when it came to their cash flow and less about gender politics

They do not worry about their cash flow. This is a very, very wealthy group of people.

You do know that when they first threatened boycott and tried to get the sponsors on board, The Masters bought all the air time and showed the tournament commercial free?

They give a shit about money.

You do know that when they first threatened boycott and tried to get the sponsors on board, The Masters bought all the air time and showed the tournament commercial free?

They give a shit about money.

I've looked everywhere to find evidence of this... but I cant find any where that supports that IBM threatening boycott over Virginia Rommety being denied membership

she didnt really respond to it in any way it seems

if I'm wrong about all this, I'll be the first to admit it,, perhaps you can show me where this boycott threat is

I've looked everywhere to find evidence of this... but I cant find any where that supports that IBM threatening boycott over Virginia Rommety being denied membership

she didnt really respond to it in any way it seems

if I'm wrong about all this, I'll be the first to admit it,, perhaps you can show me where this boycott threat is

I was referring back to 2003 when Martha first made this a big deal.....
Hootie said, Fuck you! you want to try to pressure our sponsors? We will cancel our sponsors and buy the air-time ourselves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1425166

I was referring back to 2003 when Martha first made this a big deal.....
Hootie said, Fuck you! you want to try to pressure our sponsors? We will cancel our sponsors and buy the air-time ourselves.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1425166

ahhh okay.. I see that now... but I was directly refering to what happened in April

my point still kinda stands .. as time goes by more and more women are going to be the sponsors of their games.. and if they kept denying them eventually there would be some serious backlash...

you can deny a woman here and there... but if the time came when they denied a group of women who were their sponsors ...and if they took umbrage

this was inevitable, but only in a common sense approach

A private club ought to be able to do as it pleases, including shooting itself in the foot so to speak. There are plenty of very good female players, and women of great economic and social means to start their own club and sponsor their own tournaments.

absolutely, I dont disagree at all

they should feel free to run their business any way they feel

that being said...they should also realize women compose half of the worlds population and that by denying them they are denying themselves growth and acceptance by those 3.5 billion customers

being a dinosaur simply doesnt work anymore

I'm not sure their motivation is more about making money than maintaining a private men's golfing club. At any rate a private club ought to be able to decide who it admits into it's membership, and suffer or enjoy the economic consequences of having done so.

Nobody has said they can't do what they want. They've been free to do it and chose on their own to change. There wasn't enough economic pressure to matter, these people have more money than God. They've changed because Hootie isn't in charge anymore. That's all it really is.

that being said...they should also realize women compose half of the worlds population and that by denying them they are denying themselves growth and acceptance by those 3.5 billion customers

Augusta is one of the most exclusive clubs in America. They don't care about growth or acceptance. Never have. Why would a golf club in Georgia that has dues of $10,000 give a rats ass about anyone?

Nobody has said they can't do what they want. They've been free to do it and chose on their own to change. There wasn't enough economic pressure to matter, these people have more money than God. They've changed because Hootie isn't in charge anymore. That's all it really is.

Psssst...Hootie is of black-Irish decent.

Sure it does. Lots of rich Dinosaurs can afford to keep the place going.... And they also support us womens' rights too. They spend an equal amount of money in the strip clubs.....

Back