Dolores O'Riordan

Her unique voice and lyrics were a ground breaking part of the 90's.
Now she's gone way too soon.

R.I.P. :rose:
 
Saw this earlier today on my lunch break. I've been trying not to cry since. Had a ticket to see her when she came to the US last year, then they had to cancel the entire North American leg of the tour. I figured no big deal, I'd just get the refund and see them later.

The Cranberries were a bucket list band of mine. Never saw them live, and now I never will. :(

Screw this day.
 
Her voice was unique to say the least.

She came out last year about being bi-polar so 46 and 'suddenly' unfortunately makes me think suicide.

Amazing how many incredibly talented people have mental issues, some studies directly connect the two.

2018 is continuing the trend of the last two as far as celebrities go.
 
My NYTimes morning bulletin has three names in the obituary section. Dolores O'Riordan was the first. Dan Gurney, one of the measurably greatest race-car drivers. And Edwin Hawkins, church choir director, whose singers made OH HAPPY DAY a hit long ago.

I have a connection there. I was in San Francisco back then, working scruffy jobs, playing scruffy guitars. I bought a little 3/4 size electric guitar and amp for a few bucks, found it a bad fit for my hands, and sold it cheap... to a gal across the Bay in Oakland. That guitar played on the two-track hit recording of OH HAPPY DAY, she told me later.

I missed the Cranberries. After my time...
 
Loved the songs, loved the music, loved the singing.

I guess I want to know what 'died suddenly, no suspicious circumstances' actually means.
 
It means they do not believe she was murdered and an autopsy should reveal cause.

And that's the sad misery of it all. I hate to think that we've possibly lost another talented human being to their own hand, intentional or unintentional. I remember the first time I listened to 'Everyone Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We'. Her voice was remarkable. Such a shame.
 
Back
Top