New Poetry Recommendations

New Poems of Thursday September 22, 2005

There are 20 new submissions to read on this, the first day of fall, and as I always do, I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives with which to start.

Today's classic:
This poem I spun-up from April of last year. - It took me six spins to find this one by Linbido. It seemed appropriate for the times.

This Swedish poet was well known and liked by all the regular forum members during the time she and her husband were active, and their writing is missed as well. But parenthood takes precedence over adult literature. Perhaps at some time we may be graced by some Scandinavian nursery rhymes. (I did notice she recently updated her Lit. profile.) ;)

While this poem has an H, Perhaps the most widely mentioned of this creative artist's works on Lit. is an illustrated poem titled Branches And Twigs. Go take a look at it after you read this on.
The Origin Of Hurricanes
She batted those eyelids and blew that kiss.
A swirl for the moment that caught the flow.
Which butterfly turbulence spawned all this?
Through fractal holistics, we'll never know.
***

Taste is always an individual thing and I only found two out of today's twenty that I want to recommend. Both seem equinoxicly appropriate. None of the eighteen others rose above average for me. Read these two and then go find some more that you like on the New Poems page.

***

My first pick of the day acknowledges the passing of summer. It is
Sabina_Tolchovsky 's Silence in snow. Even with only one i , here are some pretty words
. . .
Summer sheds her skin,
like an offering
to sleeping bones below.
Abundance slowly fades
with a brillant goodbye.
. . .
***

bluerains keeps the seasonal theme with Summer Swells using just enough alliteration to keep your attention.
Spindrift in springtide
opening whirlpools of passion,
drinking moisture from youthful dew.

As time torrents disappear
in battered bulging swells
penetralia deepens rifts.


Scattered beaches
bewail winds
of change.
***

Please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
I will not count them all. Just a whole lotta poems is all I know. I want ya to know, I read each and every one. A mixed bag of poems from sad, scary, erotic and yes even one about a bath. Just a great day to review if ya ask me.

Just one more thing. I did read all of the poems. A lot of good ones today, so if I do not mention one you particularly like, my apologies. Feel free to post and play ~

Cravings Of You
by:sweet GA peaches
Ya have to read this. A lil scorcher. Mouthful of sinful stuff ya just cannot pass by !

Legs
by darthjser.
Another Erotic delight here. This fella is having a day dream that just won't quit. Vavvoom Baby ~!!

~~~ I promise they are not all erotical delights,
just the way the penny fell today. Grins*

Lord Of Night
by Baron Waste.
Dark. Thoughtful write here. Nice lil twist that begs to be read. Scary even ... ;) This poet has quiet a few submissions, this was my Fav. *Smiles*

August Diary
By: Liar. I love the musical feeling and changes brought into this poem. Liar also has another today. A vent and it Sizzles too !! Check'm out.

A Silver Rash
by cward2.
This poem got the honorable E.
Go read. FEEL this poem. Oh yeah, It has a lil Punch in tha end. *grins*

rushed in waters
by recklesschild.
A very gripping poem of life, and the disasters that happen ... everyday. Great imagery here. !!!

Dreams
by cward2.
This poet also has quiet a few submissions today. I enjoyed all, but this is my Fav. It's a short one about ... dreams, of course. *nice ...

Alone
by Sensitive_Man.
A feel good poem, that brings about erotic dreams ... or are they?
Biggg Meeow'ss go out to this New Poet. Read and welcome him to Lit. ;)

Saturday
by lobomao.
Another New Poet who I feel we shall see a LOTT of here at Lit. One of my Fav's today. This Cook, knows his way around an EROTIC poem.
Grrr ~*fans self* ... Welcome to Lit my new Friend ~

Bath
by cymry.
This soft lil poem is fun and cute. I love it !! A bath ... filled with woe.
Also another new poet. She has 2 out today. The other
Summer ... is good too. I just liked the Bath one a lil better. *Smiles*

Katrina's Footprint
by My Erotic Tale.
I just cannot tell ya'll the emotion I felt upon reading this poignant poem of devistation's trail. I loved it, but hated the actuality of this horrific happening in life. Just a very emotional write here. This one is an E in my book ! Just me, and no .. no ass kissing intended here. ~ ;)
My Fav for the day ~ :rose: :rose:

Strip Dancer
by darthjser.
This is the 2nd submission by this poet I liked today. Last recommendation here. I have to Welcome this NEW POET too. A great write here. It is my 2nd fav of the day. This one is not ... what it seems. Go read, and feel the bite ... of realties sting ~ :eek:

I know I posted a lot. There we're a LOT more. *grins*

I hope ya'll have a great~safe day.
Prayers go out to those in the path of destruction's way.
Go read, write and enjoy what it left of this weekend ~
One more thing ... please be kind to others today, seems like everyone is having it rough, hard times seem to be everywhere. It would not hurt to reach out an extra helping hand, even if its to help a neighbor pull up her shrubs. * ;)

Thanks Again for puttin up with my ramblings ... :rose:
 
Hey RF - 60+ poems today but one deserving of attention deserves honorable mention, at least.

The author is new to Lit, her first is dated from yesterday. It's a bit long but pretty powerful, especially for a first submission.

Alone
by xKristinex

Going along for the journey she's written here, I found myself drawn in to this powerful tale of lovers long apart and what happened once they were reunited. I won't spoil your read by revealing the end - but take your time to read it through - you'll have to admit to its impact.
 
Last edited:
Good call

LeBroz said:
Hey RF - 60+ poems today but one deserving of attention deserves honorable mention, at least.

The author is new to Lit, her first is dated from yesterday. It's a bit long but pretty powerful, especially for a first submission.

Alone
by xKristinex

Going along for the journey she's written here, I found myself drawn in to this powerful tale of lovers long apart and what happened once they were reunited. I won't spoil your read by revealing the end - but take your time to read it through - you'll have to admit to its impact.
I have to wholeheartedly agree here. This was a titanic undertaking from a sheer technical standpoint, but to keep the reader held with the emotion and imagery used here was just amazing to experience. A very, very good read.
 
Monday's reviews...

Titans
by cymry

I liked the theme of this, and its intentions, but some of the phrasing feels a little cliche.

desolate stars
earth’s bright skies
quiet silence
alabaster breast


That said, I love the ending stanza, though I wonder if the 'mighty' is already implied with 'titans'. I would love to see what this would read like pared down.

Missed me
by cward2

Strange, spunky, and unusually melancholy.


There are a gaggle of new poems today. Please, as always, feel free to mention any and all that pique your fancy.
 
Twentythree new poems today. Here are my picks.

Bent by recklesschild an erotic close-up.

Thick by curiouswife. This is one of those poems that leave you slightly uneasy and wondering.

Dustystar gives us another good “fly” inspired poem with fly paper.

Blank by a fairly new and versatile poet Fast1 is a meditation at sunset. He’s done some interesting work, check it out.

Southern Song by cymry has some lovely lines but, to my mind, doesn’t quite deliver it’s promise.

Word Play by sweet GA peaches is a nice little poem playing with words and mind.

instant karma by 4degrees is an example of what he’s so good at – searing erotica, not always pretty but leaves the reader gasping.

Cocoon by darthjser is an ascerbic comment on religion – I think. I’m not sure so go and read it, you decide.

BBW by Tzara is a clever song in praise of voluptuousness with some great alliteration but I think there might be a more attractive title.

Well, that's it. I read and enjoyed all the new arrivals, please go and read them too if you haven't already.
 
28.Sept.2005

Today there are only 18 new poems, and here's the one that caught my attention:

as you are sand and I am sea
by lobomao ©

This is a graphically erotic poem of a higher-than-normal calibre - certainly, in my opinion, higher than any other posted today, and there were quite a few - but it's also a sophisticated poem tout court period. At times, it feels as if it will slip out of control and lose to the realm of cliché, but that happens only in isolated verses - the overall structure of the poem is not clichéd. The pace with which it is handled is admirable, and there are some details - alliterations, near- and internal-rhymes, little word games - that are simply delicious to read.
 
Last edited:
The same poet presnted this poem yesterday and it should have appeared in the review of that day - somehow it got unintentionally missed.


Mea culpa, gulpa.
 
New Poems of Thursday September 29, 2005

There are 18 new submissions, of which 11 claim to be erotic, to read on this the last Thursday of September; and as I always do, I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives with which to start.

Today's Oldie:
This poem comes from June of 2004 . - It took 15 spins to find this work by Reltne. A member since June of 2004, this was his first poem posted on Lit. I decided to present it as much for the classic YDD comment as for the work itself, and besides those Rovers are still roving. - If you never saw any of YDD's criticism read her comment on this one. It is pretty classic. - And some of you think I am too rough on newcomers! :)

One of the Roving Kind

"She was a nice girl, a proper girl,
but one of the roving kind" - Guy Mitchell song



Heartily throw warm this round
fair shoulders
surrounding interwound foreground
small boulders

Daughter descend defend
demand
and send
down loaders

Countermand as planned
orders be damned
understand and land
hear it

Resounding new
found and profound
on-the-ground
Spirit

Pinging ringing dinging singing
orotund and jocund
rotund gerund
fecund stunned
infatuation

Airbag bounced, Sleepy
Hollow
exploration, expectation, excavation
innovation

Assess GPS address
depress egress with success
caress and finesse
compress excess digress
we guess obsess transgress
may Lord bless redress
exploitation
fear it
off odor
molder



Saga of a Mars Rover
(sol 1 - ?)
***

The day's list starts off with two erotic submissions that use a racing metaphor, one in a humorous horserace manner, the other, a more subtle NASCAR (Is that possible?) metaphor.
Like the first submission in today's list, the first poem I want to recommend specifically today is a horse orientated poem, supposedly non-erotic, but it left me wondering till the end. It is Curiouswife's Swishing Tales. A title that initially opens up all kinds of possibilities and double entendres . I do wish the rhyme was a tad more consistent.

***

Tealights is only the second poem on Lit. by new Lit. member suitep. This is a nicely soft and alliterative erotic read with novel phrases that build strong imagery. To me the word "clit" is too harsh and mood jarring for the rest of this warm read, but this poet shows promise and I will look for her next submission.
Opening the door that
closes the day,
the night silences the room.
Tealights trickle
like a silent stream
leading me to blue
striped sheets and the
scent of shower water lingering.
. . .
***

Tristesse follows next with her erotic self-seduction, giving another good example of eroticism sans vulgarity.

***

Bistro Bubbles by bluerains is my final pick of the day. Hard to believe I picked three erotic ones, although I wonder about this one's classification. :) I like this poem because of the strong and rapidly flowing imagery that it generates across several senses.

***

Taste is always an individual thing so there may certainly be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
New Poems Reviews
for saturday (NO POEMS AS OF YET...)

In the wake of ''Trina and Rita'
we find that we as Americans pull together during
a crisis regardless of stature and social rank
the mass of the many to help the devastated
It will be a long hard road to rebuilding
but the emotions from such an event is as deep as
Poetry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And at the wire by Joseki ko

not a new writer by any means has left us a vivid and humorus read...

AND THEY’RE OFF!

Conscience is left behind at the gate.

Jockey Shorts and Silk Panties are off in a hurry.

Heavy Bosom is being pressured.

Passionate Lady is caught between Thighs and
Big Dick is in a dangerous spot.


This poem is a gem JOSE~
A very humorous, clever, and WITTY write Ko~


Tasting Y O U by Rhyme Fairy

We have all seen this poet grow in leaps and bounds as she spreads her sunshine upon so many. Great poem H~

if the poems do not surface Ryhme fairy and I will team up and do them for DU tomorrow! Have a great day!
 
At he risk of implanting the kiss of death
I like Elegy for Kenneth Koch by Tzara
I think it goes a little deeper than mere pun, but I may be off.

And as a form of second
Rybka said:
Like the first submission in today's list, the first poem I want to recommend specifically today is a horse orientated poem, supposedly non-erotic, but it left me wondering till the end. It is Curiouswife's Swishing Tales. A title that initially opens up all kinds of possibilities and double entendres . I do wish the rhyme was a tad more consistent.
which takes a nice little detour from the ordinary fare
 
RF and I split the reviews, I am on bottom, she is on top <grin>

New Poems Reviews
For Sunday October 2nd 2005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steamy Night by RedHairedandFriendly

clip~
Waiting for a moment, holding on to bliss.
One presses on the other, a soft and gentle kiss.


this poem is laced with erotic words and the flow was easily felt, as RF said earlier; it seems there are quite a few erotic writes today. This one caught my eye more for personal preference in reading than anything else but I believe you will find it a treat as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paradise Found by Tungtied2u

clip~
the aroma rising
from between your thighs,
my attention turns
to the altar of my adoration
gently I pry your legs apart,


need I say more? tung has shared an erotic write with us and I encourage you to go and read them, there are two today by this poet....Drawing Desire another excellent write by a very good poet. Thanks Tung~

and a special thank you for pulling many together during the Katrina aftermath~ and with the Rita devastation ...all I can add is please donate a can good or two cause with out opening up a can of worms...there is still a big part of our country torn to shreads and in need of a small helping hand from our fellow neighbors here in america....thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Test Drive by sweet GA peaches

This clever poem is a mix of erotic and the sheer enjoyment of HORSEPOWER! <grin> take a peek at GA's Peach of a poem!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as with any thing our tastes differ and vary <thank goodness> so please read vote comment and support our poets but most importantly be curtious and kind when doing so! Thanks and have a good week.
 
Poetry With Audio ~
Lost
by lindiana.
It is good to see this poet back among us. :rose: This poem is simplistic and so VERY endearing. It pulls ya in and just rest inside ya, right ... there. ;)

I make love to strangers
by Bedtime Story
This is this writers first submission into poetry. Also ... My Pick for today ~!!! This poet takes us on a lil trip. Wanna know where? Ya have to read this one, and I just bet, you might be surprised. Welcome to the poetry boards BedTimeStory and Great first submission here !!! :devil:

In the end
by RedHairedandFriendly
This poet has submitted 2 poems today. I love this one. Great imagery and told in a way that just pulls the reader in. Warning ... This one plucks those heartstrings ~ :heart:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You Art for taking Mercy on this ole Gurl this am.
I had read all the bottom list of poems and went a lil GaGa.
So many Erotic poems. If it had been left up to me,

I swear I woulda posted every erotic poem today !!!! :nana: :p :devil:

Thank you all for being so patient on my review.
This review is just my opinion.
Please go read and decide what YOU might like for yourself.
Then come back and let us all know ~ * Smiles*

Happy reading, commenting, and writing ~!!

:rose: :heart:

RF~
 
what do you think of this one? I really enjoyed it.

The Dark Side of the Moon
by Recidiva ©



(no this is not me volunteering to do the reviews-- bus will be here any moment with my bundle of hyperactive joy will do it til the bus comes...)


flesh
by jthserra ©


less is more
see why


She Looks Like A Princess
by ExitableBoy ©

I recommend this for the bright sparks of promise such as:

Left for wolves at 1 am,
shoe-less and pigtailed
she walked unafraid,
wrapped in the grace


Greedy
by Dustystar ©


can't stop this drive by review without a mention of the elusive star


Please someone continue this, I am not 100% sure I even read all of the new poems, wanted to stop by to recommend Recidiva but got caught up in the excitement. These are my quick recommendations. Tis all.

Please feed the poets :)

anna
 
Last edited:
Anna missed two: Clarity and Cyanotic are both compelling exercises of language. Even if you don't understand the message, the word choices and phrases are delightful.

And the quirky Autumn by Bushman. Odd, but fun.
 
Last edited:
flyguy69 said:
Anna missed two: Clarity and Cyanotic are both compelling exercises of language. Even if you don't understand the message, the word choices and phrases are delightful.

And the quirky Autumn by Bushman. Odd, but fun.
Thank you for mentioning Bushman's poem! I only check the poems every few days, and I would have totally missed that one. It is quirky and a nice change. Also want to second the poem by Dustystar. If you only get to read one, then make that the one. :)
 
Oh, wow
Clarity
whoops
I forgot who I am
twelveoone here
this leaps beyond reason, I don't think many will understand, THAT is the point of mystery, you don't understand it, you watch it unfold, and it takes you from the inside.
I guess a three-way rec on this.
 
Just adding my 2 cents worth to the praise for Autumn

Here's a unique voice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Only nine new poems today so I get to do what I always want to, include all of them.

The Perfect Rhythm Between Us by ladybutterflybbw is so very nearly erotic but uses too many graphic expressions to quite make it so

cymry presents us with Chant of Seasons . I like this poets work but this, although a pleasant read, is not one of the best.

I Miss You by Jedi_Princess is a very personal feeling poem. An ode to a “best friend, lover and sister.”

tight jeans by bluerains.

each button
a new poem
for the muse
as skin exposes
a sleek canvas


Good analogy using art and images of (an artist’s model, a lover?) undressing. Either way it’s a lovely image of a number of possibilities that blue paints here.

Two new-to-Lit poets posted today, PatrickEphPhaTha with I Wanna Know and Making Love To An Angel Some good ideas here. (both need to be tightened up and word-weeded) and poeticmaster who offers Passions Fire a rhyming ditty with good rhythm.

Fairy Tale Ending by SelenaKittyn is next. She uses classical Fairy Tales to plead her case. Well done.


Finally, sporting a E Ancient117331’s “New lues…… which, I think, must be a typo. Any way, it’s a hip-hop, rap kind of poem that fairly rips along. It really needs to be read aloud to get the full effect – an audio?

As always I suggest you read 'em all and decide for yourself, vote and comment
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Poems of Thursday October 6, 2005

There are 20 new submissions to read on the first Thursday of September, and as I always do, I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives with which to start.

Today's Goldie:
This poem comes from July of 2004 . - I hit this one by champagne1982 on the first spin.

Violent Violet
Aubergine, you bitter fruit that takes a night of leeching
before even vegans can really find you to their taste.
The almost-black shade of purple on your skin,
glistens, swollen and near to bursting,
like a violent bruise.


Threaten me no more with your engulfing hue
speaking of exotic flavors hidden
behind your smooth facade.
Is the white meat succulent
or a retching pastiness
on my tongue?

Aubergine, only experience
will tell.
And by the way, I hate eggplant!

***

bluerains starts the day with a rather unusual read titled Symbiosis Blots. This poem contains rich sonorous words alliteratively laced, and traces of Cummingesque flavor. :rose:

***

The only other poem I want to mention today is Liar's humorous but acerbic little commentary, Of Pandas and Platitude. :rose:

***

Taste is always an individual thing so there may certainly be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
oh Rybka I am sorry I put the nastiest poem ever up on your day to review :eek:

someday I will get a nice one on Thursday
 
it doesn't hurt if you do it right
or unless you want it to.


Speaking of pain, I read both of this poets works today, and I learned for Both of them. Especially this one:


Needing Pain
by stacistatas ©


gives a deep inside look at the craving for pain, I love poetry that helps us understand on an emotional level, humanity. That is what poetry does best. I felt like I learned something fundamental after reading this poem.

Thanks stacistatas!

SR
 
A small but generally nice harvest of new poems on this beautiful fall day. So go jump in the pile! I promise there's not a rock among them.

In dadaistic order I recommend:

Omega by Shadowsandflames-- an interesting prose poem that includes enough poetic images to smooth over the prosaic ones.

My Truth by tungtied2u-- a touching tale of love filled with word whimsey.

Montparnasse, in which Dustystar gets anagrammatic on Tzara's ass, and Hobbyhorse, in which she shakes and bakes him. Both are bold and clever forays in poetry.

Lastly, lindiana offers Memory, an illustrated poem of promise. I found the connection beween text and image more interesting than most in this catagory.

And now your underwear is full of scratchy bits of leaves. Have a great day!
 
Back
Top