Soundtracks Of Our Lives

Challenge 5: A song that reminds you of your mum.

Oh this is a hard one...I associate my mom with the music of the 70s.

I think that the song that most makes me think of her is The Most Beautiful Girl in the World by Charlie Rich.

It's just one of those songs if I happen to hear it (even in muzak form) I immediately think of my mom. I think of it playing in our house when I was little and my stepdad singing it and looking at my mom. I pretty much think that she's the most beautiful woman in the world too.
 
Challenge #6. A song that makes you dance.

Hmmmm...I'm such a huge car dancer. I move to all of it! Hahaha... (Much to my kids' embarrassment), but I'm going to say Kiss by Prince. I mean that little "dooodooodle doodle umph" KISS! You have to shake your money maker to that!
 
Challenge #6. A song that makes you dance.

I have to agree, it's hard not to move to most music. While watching the video for Tal's choice, I ran across the version of the one I was thinking of from the movie Sing, and I liked it better than the original. Shake It Off It always reminds me of that video with the cop car-dancing to it in his cruiser.
 
Challenge #5... my mom.. I was only 6 when she was killed in an accident, but when I think of my father, I think of my mother..one of the first songs my father taught me to play on the mandolin was Wildwood Flower. I think of them both whenever I hear it.


Challenge #6...meh..I don't really dance, but I fancy This Song
 
Challenge #7. The first song numerically listed in your ipod/tunes.
 
Challenge #7. The first song numerically listed in your ipod/tunes.

I currently have 12 songs beginning with numbers on my songs list. And the very first one listed is one I *really* enjoy listening and singing along to. I’m a huge fan of Scouting For Girls, and ‘1+1’ is one of my faves.
 
Wow, I guess no-one liked the idea of sharing their songlist stuff haha!

Ok. Let's get more personal again.

Challenge #8. A song that calms you down
 
Challenge #8. A song that calms you down

About ten years ago I was looking for something different to my usual music. I don’t meditate as such, but I wanted something a bit different to really switch off to, especially before sleep if life is just being that demanding. So, I bought Buddhist Chants and Peace Music. There are only two tracks on the CD, but I only really like the first, which is over 23 minutes long. I still use this when I need it. This track is called ‘Hanshan Temple’.
 
Wow, I guess no-one liked the idea of sharing their songlist stuff haha!

Ok. Let's get more personal again.

Challenge #8. A song that calms you down

Almost anything by The Cocteau Twins - her ethereal voice and the slightly hypnotic instrumentation are very relaxing.
 
#7... Big&Rich "Rock the Boat"...but only because it was the last song I gave a "thumbs up" to on my Google Music play list...cool song though..Linky...linky..

Challenge #8.... I'm never calm..ok, well every once in a while I'll try to chill. My brain and nervous system in general , unfortunately run 90mpm, and even when I'm trying to relax, it's physically difficult.

I do, however fancy musicals, and as dark as POTO is, this particular song has a calming, if not a bit melancholic effect, on me..
 
Last edited:
*snippity*
Challenge #8.... I'm never calm..ok, well every once in a while I'll try to chill. My brain and nervous system in general , unfortunately run 90mpm, and even when I'm trying to relax, it's physically difficult.

I do, however fancy musicals, and as dark as POTO is, this particular song has a calming, if not a bit melancholic effect, on me..

This is one of my favorites, too, only the Michael Crawford version - such a smooth, seductive voice.

#8 - my go to music for relaxing is Celtic, like this one.
 
Challenge #7. The first song numerically listed in your ipod/tunes.

Track 1: Scars to your beautiful - Alessia Cara

Wow, I guess no-one liked the idea of sharing their songlist stuff haha!

Ok. Let's get more personal again.

Challenge #8. A song that calms you down

Zion - Lauryn Hill

This whole album is good for when I need to shake off the stresses of life, but Zion reminds me that I am blessed when my kids are pushing my limits.
 
Challenge #7. The first song numerically listed in your ipod/tunes.

18 And Life by Skid Row - what can I say? I still love me some big hair metal bands. Plus, Sebastian Bach. :catroar:

Wow, I guess no-one liked the idea of sharing their songlist stuff haha!

Ok. Let's get more personal again.

Challenge #8. A song that calms you down

There are a lot of songs that soothe me, but this one is the one that resonates with me a lot right now and chills me out.

Ring on The Sill by the Cowboy Junkies
 
Lately it’s
Mad World by Gary Jules from the Donnie Darko soundtrack
 
Challenge #6. A song that makes you dance.
Any R&B and club music can make me dance, especially the club scene music of the Café del Mare where we 'hang out'...
in more ways than one ;) on Ibiza when we get the chance to today. The music still captivates me. Throw me on a dance
floor and fuel my spirit with vodka and coke along with guest DJ's such as Pete Tong and the legendary Tiësto...
Right Song - Tiësto, Oliver Heldens & Natalie La Rose, just one to mention
:)
But of course 2017 saw the loss of one of our 'vacation time' neighbours, Robert Miles R.I.P (1969 - 2017):(
 
Challenge #7. The first song numerically listed in your ipod/tunes.
I will admit I don't have a 'regular' ipod favourite :) But at the moment I have #2 Paloma Faith - Crybaby and #1 Dua Lipa - I Don't Give A Fuck (IDGAF) ;)
============================================
Challenge #8. A song that calms you down
I am going to say Children by Robert Miles. Although a close second and up to Robert's unfortunate death it was for many years Saltwater by Chicane :)
 
Last edited:
Hi all, Tal asked if I would continue adding the challenges until she gets back and sent a long list of ideas. I will try to remember to put something on here from time to time. If I am not about, or I manage to kill it dead, feel free to add your own challenges to keep it going if you want to!

Tal also said to let you all know she's doing fine :)

So, to wake up a new week -

Challenge #9: A song that you think needs to be played loud...
 
Back
Top