Collar's Frivolity

Wow. Incredibly beautiful, incredibly intricate stuff. I wish I was that talented....

Where's Meeks? :D
I had an old aunt who made things like that.
She tried to teach me when I was a kid but I couldn't make it work. You have to make the knots in a way, so the eylets can move on the thread.
I would have loved to learn because there are so few people who know how to do it. I haven't found anyone since my aunt died when I was eleven and I make a point of asking anyone I meet who takes interest in that kind of crafty stuff.

Ok, wow... that Wikipedia entry is full of collars and ds and frivolité and lace... coincidence, I ask? :p
Hehe!

I had an old aunt who made things like that.
She tried to teach me when I was a kid but I couldn't make it work. You have to make the knots in a way, so the eylets can move on the thread.
I would have loved to learn because there are so few people who know how to do it. I haven't found anyone since my aunt died when I was eleven and I make a point of asking anyone I meet who takes interest in that kind of crafty stuff.

Hehe!

Have you looked for a website that might give info on local groups?

You can't blame him.
Think of all the food people leave out for him.

Isn't that the truth? We used to leave out enough cookies and tourtiere to make a full meal. Now the portions are smaller, but we still leave out a good plate of goodies (that mysteriously shows signs of late-night nibbling) even though our youngest is approaching his mid-twenties.

Isn't that the truth? We used to leave out enough cookies and tourtiere to make a full meal. Now the portions are smaller, but we still leave out a good plate of goodies (that mysteriously shows signs of late-night nibbling) even though our youngest is approaching his mid-twenties.
I had to google tourtiere and now I can't understand why Santa ever leaves your neighbourhood to come here and get rice pudding.

Excellent point! You're such a practical thinker. :D
Yes, it can be highly annoying, I'm told.:D

Back