Yank's Free Range Turkey Trot Warming House and Bondage Barn

Discussions! I love 'em!

By the way, I clicked on a link I'd never clicked on... the "New and Improved Shameless Plug" thread and wouldn't you know, the second post on the last page was a link to your story, mwy. Ribbons.

Very.. umm... seductive. :cattail:

I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you! :rose: Ribbon was a great deal of fun in the writing. I keep playing with a sequel story idea but have not managed to dream up just the right situation to give it heat, drama, and beauty.

Discuss

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank goodness I don't drink rose. But I am on to the wines for vag health.

True story: a few years ago I asked a waiter in a Greek restaurant about getting some rodytis wine only to be told that rodytis is the name for any rosé. I never knew that but we ordered some anyway as it was a hot night and the lighter wine seemed a good choice. Ordinarily I shy away from rosé because it has less flavor than full-bodied reds.

I have never been motivated to check out wines for their vag-health capabilities.

True story: a few years ago I asked a waiter in a Greek restaurant about getting some rodytis wine only to be told that rodytis is the name for any rosé. I never knew that but we ordered some anyway as it was a hot night and the lighter wine seemed a good choice. Ordinarily I shy away from rosé because it has less flavor than full-bodied reds.

I have never been motivated to check out wines for their vag-health capabilities.

Was that at Rodity's on Halsted? Good restaurant, although I'm not sure where they rank on vag health.

I love Rodity's in Greek Town!
But when I'm visiting out in Des Plaines, I make sure I get to Mykonos on Golf Road in Niles.

Yes, Mykonos is also very good, but I find their decor to be a little too much "we might-serve-breakfast-all-day" for my taste, if you know what I mean.

Yes, Mykonos is also very good, but I find their decor to be a little too much "we might-serve-breakfast-all-day" for my taste, if you know what I mean.

My eyes glaze over with the Lemon Chicken. ;)
I doubt I'll be in Chicago anytime soon, now that I've moved west. I need to find one in Vegas or San Diego.

My eyes glaze over with the Lemon Chicken. ;)
I doubt I'll be in Chicago anytime soon, now that I've moved west. I need to find one in Vegas or San Diego.

I've not had any experience with off-strip restaurants in Vegas but I do know that San Diego is loaded with excellent restaurants of all kinds. A quick Yelp search on 1-and 2-dollar sign Greek restaurants in San Diego yields these results. Some look really appealing to me.

Yesterday I read an advice column entry that was intriguing and pertinent for our little community. The writer described the actions of a co-worker who insisted that her co-workers refer to her partner as her master. Apparently, the request has made several of her colleagues uncomfortable. As more than a few of the colleagues are themselves not your basic heterosexual pair-bonding types, the writer doesn't feel that the reluctance comes from prudery but rather from a feeling that her insistence that they refer to him as "Master" forces them to participate in her kink. The master in question attends corporate social gatherings where partners are welcome, so there's also a personal in-the-moment aspect to this as well.

Thoughts?

Edited to add this link to the original story, which contains a link to the advice-column writer's reply.

Last edited:
I read that letter yesterday, I think. It seems silly to insist others refer to her dude as "master." Sounds like a desperate ploy for attention. :rolleyes: That's cute, sweetheart, now move along so the adults can get some work done.

Yesterday I read an advice column entry that was intriguing and pertinent for our little community. The writer described the actions of a co-worker who insisted that her co-workers refer to her partner as her master. Apparently, the request has made several of her colleagues uncomfortable. As more than a few of the colleagues are themselves not your basic heterosexual pair-bonding types, the writer doesn't feel that the reluctance comes from prudery but rather from a feeling that her insistence that they refer to him as "Master" forces them to participate in her kink. The master in question attends corporate social gatherings where partners are welcome, so there's also a personal in-the-moment aspect to this as well.

Thoughts?

Edited to add this link to the original story, which contains a link to the advice-column writer's reply.

Before I read the link, I thought "how could it any different than saying 'How's your husband?'... " and I see that's exactly how she wants him referred as... 'how's your master'. I'm one the fence. I think our sex lives should stay out of the workplace, and would simply say his name rather than anything else, especially if I wasn't comfortable with the term. But, a part of me wonders what's so wrong with referring to their relationship for the way it is? Now, I think I'll read the answer in that article.

Thanks for the link to the restaurants in San Diego! :D

I read that letter yesterday, I think. It seems silly to insist others refer to her dude as "master." Sounds like a desperate ploy for attention. :rolleyes: That's cute, sweetheart, now move along so the adults can get some work done.

That was largely my response as well.

Before I read the link, I thought "how could it any different than saying 'How's your husband?'... " and I see that's exactly how she wants him referred as... 'how's your master'. I'm one the fence. I think our sex lives should stay out of the workplace, and would simply say his name rather than anything else, especially if I wasn't comfortable with the term. But, a part of me wonders what's so wrong with referring to their relationship for the way it is? Now, I think I'll read the answer in that article.

Thanks for the link to the restaurants in San Diego! :D

I get this, but I was also reminded of a time when I got a waitress involved in something sort of kinky when I shouldn't have done so without her permission. Being pushed into someone else's kink is uncomfortable. Beyond that, what you call your partner other than his or her name, is personal and ought to remain private. Insisting that your partner call you "Master" or "Mistress" or "Sir" in a public setting seems like a plea for validation that suggests serious levels of insecurity.

You're welcome for the list. I have always enjoyed exploring restaurants whenever I'm in a new city and I am a firm believer in the power of Yelp.

Thoughts?

If she wants to refer to him as "master" then fine. But asking that others do the same is crossing a line. It's asking them to participate in something they don't want to or really need to. He's not their "master" so why require them to call him so? Even in a kink setting I don't call people "Sir" or "Master" because I'm not theirs and they aren't mine.

If she wants to refer to him as "master" then fine. But asking that others do the same is crossing a line. It's asking them to participate in something they don't want to or really need to. He's not their "master" so why require them to call him so? Even in a kink setting I don't call people "Sir" or "Master" because I'm not theirs and they aren't mine.

To be clear, I think the issue is what to say when talking about him, and not in addressing him directly. As in, "Did you and your X enjoy the movie last night?" At a munch, for example, would you then use "master" or something similar in this instance?

Back