"This is extremely dangerous to our democracy." Bad day for right-wing propaganda

my local station (the only one really in my area with grand rapids containing the rest of the local tv channels) is sinclair owned and i've noticed a rightwing slant more than once. it sucks, but i only watch them for the weather anyway. also, iit's a cbs affiliate and that's just gross.
 
Are you and HisArpy married? You two sure seem to "tag team" a lot.

NTTAWWT.


You mad 'cuz somebody else found me first or sumpin'?

tumblr_mdgnolG3Ck1ra63bt.gif
 
Text of Sinclair Media Statement

Just for information sake - here is the actual text of the statement. Stripped of the inflammatory video, it's a nothing-burger, with a side of invisible fries and pretty typical of promos run everywhere, by everyone. Must have been a slow news week.



Hi, I’m(A) ____________, and I’m (B) _________________…

(B) Our greatest responsibility is to serve our [local] communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that [station] produces.

(A) But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one-sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

(B) More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories … stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first.

(A) Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control "exactly what people think." … This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

(B) At [station] it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically "left nor right." Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.
 
Back
Top