Michigan Roll Call

Who is going?
Can't wait for payday to make the trip downtown! I'll most likely stop for dinner at Pegasus in Greektown, they have the best grape leaves!
What is your favorite restaurant downtown?

Niki's in the main part of downtown, Slows or Green Dot if you just mean city limits.

Who is going?
Can't wait for payday to make the trip downtown! I'll most likely stop for dinner at Pegasus in Greektown, they have the best grape leaves!

I liked Hella's, but it's been a while. A shame I can't be home to see the Auto Show this year. :(

Hi all! 34 MWM from Tecumseh, MI. Been reading here for a long time decided to finally hit up the forums.

Never been, even when I worked at the auto auction. As for favorite restaurant I don't have one but I do love a Pizza Pappalis Deep Dish Seafood Pizza.
I love them, never had the seafood pizza though, I'll have to look it up!
Niki's in the main part of downtown, Slows or Green Dot if you just mean city limits.
Slows' Mac N Cheese.... mmmmmmm. Niki's is amazing as well.
Hi all! 34 MWM from Tecumseh, MI. Been reading here for a long time decided to finally hit up the forums.
Hello there, Ironix - Welcome to the forums and Roll Call!

Who is going?

We always tend to eat around the house instead of Downtown. I'd be good downtown but the rest of the family gets a bit weird when we go down there.

Not going to the Auto show. A bit out of our price range to go look at stuff I can't afford. With what we would spend on tickets we would rather head over to St Andrews and take in a concert.

We always tend to eat around the house instead of Downtown. I'd be good downtown but the rest of the family gets a bit weird when we go down there.

Not going to the Auto show. A bit out of our price range to go look at stuff I can't afford. With what we would spend on tickets we would rather head over to St Andrews and take in a concert.

I'm more of a live music concert goer myself. But I am excited to go to the Autoshow this year, with the bankruptcy behind us, Detroit is in need of something positive to focus on. Great for the local businesses as well, especially the restaurants. Everyone eats, right?! I want to check out the self driving cars, I need one!!
Speaking of I'm surprised no one mentioned one in Mexican Town, so allow me - Xochimilco's, Xochimilco's, Xochimilco's!! My mum ate there while pregnant with me and I ate there while pregnant with mine. It's kind of a local tradition. I haven't been in a while, I need to go again soon.

I'm more of a live music concert goer myself. But I am excited to go to the Autoshow this year, with the bankruptcy behind us, Detroit is in need of something positive to focus on. Great for the local businesses as well, especially the restaurants. Everyone eats, right?! I want to check out the self driving cars, I need one!!
Speaking of I'm surprised no one mentioned one in Mexican Town, so allow me - Xochimilco's, Xochimilco's, Xochimilco's!! My mum ate there while pregnant with me and I ate there while pregnant with mine. It's kind of a local tradition. I haven't been in a while, I need to go again soon.

oo oo. Take me with you! ;)

If you want to go there again, and if (as it sounds) the criterion for eating there is being pregnant, and as you say pregnancy results from sex, let me be the first to sacrifice myself for the cause--I'll gladly help with your dilemma. :D

Haha! Too bad sex is the real cause of babies, but maybe cactus has properties to help with fertility?! :eek:
Could be! Lol!
I think we should taste test that theory. I believe a taste test is in order. You eat the cactus, then I can let you know if you taste fertile or not. :p

Michigan

Hey I'm a new member here but been reading the stories on here for a while now. I'm a 19yo male and live in grand rapids. I'd love to talk to and meet new people around me so feel free to message me and my username is my kik also.

Who is going?

Pegasus is awesome. Just made a visit there before Christmas. The Golden Fleece is great too.

Hey I'm a new member here but been reading the stories on here for a while now. I'm a 19yo male and live in grand rapids. I'd love to talk to and meet new people around me so feel free to message me and my username is my kik also.

Welcome! Great to see a fellow Grand Rapidian here.

Haven't been there in ages. Mostly because there is a little place in Allen Park called Manuel's that I go to for my Mexican fix. Great food, great price. Highly recommend in October. They go all out with the decorations.

First-time poster! 31M Macomb County. Might I add, BRRRRRRR.
Welcome to our newest posters! Glad to see this thread still going strong!

How was the Auto show?

AND, where did you end up going for dinner?

The Auto Show was wonderful! We went on Sunday (Friday and Saturday we were at the festival) since it was the last night it was pretty busy! My son was able to pose in lots of pics with the models so he was impressed.. with the cars. :) I'm more of a Chevy gal but the new Mustang was impressive... it hurts to type that.. but gotta give Ford props when they are due!
We ate at Pegasus. Hubby was misplaced for half the meal, when we got back to the car on my seat was chips and salsa from Xochimilco's. I gotta keeper! I was able to enjoy Gotham the next night with my munchies. Excellent weekend!

The Auto Show was wonderful! We went on Sunday (Friday and Saturday we were at the festival) since it was the last night it was pretty busy! My son was able to pose in lots of pics with the models so he was impressed.. with the cars. :) I'm more of a Chevy gal but the new Mustang was impressive... it hurts to type that.. but gotta give Ford props when they are due!
We ate at Pegasus. Hubby was misplaced for half the meal, when we got back to the car on my seat was chips and salsa from Xochimilco's. I gotta keeper! I was able to enjoy Gotham the next night with my munchies. Excellent weekend!

You get the feeling Gordon knows he screwed up asking Penguin for a favor?

yay! It's good to hear you had a great weekend. A shame I missed it this year. But being on the other side of the state doesn't really motivate you. :(

You get the feeling Gordon knows he screwed up asking Penguin for a favor?

My mind was blown during that episode!
***spoiler alert, do not read if you haven't watched your dvr playback***
Yes, I do think he'll come to regret it. It's was disappointing to me that his character didn't show much anger during this episode. Also wtf... you're Gordon! You want to fight the city's crime and corruption yet you team up with Penguin for "muscle"? Didn't we learn this lesson in the first few episodes? Can't fight evil with evil.
What is your opinion on Fish and Butch? Fish and Harvey? Interesting developments there!
Pm me if you'd like, I'm obsessed with the show. Lol

Good evening all! Been a while since I stopped in! Hope everyone's new year is going well! Anyone going to gridlife by chance????

Back