Government shutdown over illegals?

bellisarius

Literotica Guru
I can't wait to see how that strategy works out for the democrats. Are they caucusing in an echo chamber?

They can have their DACA 'free pass' if that's what they truly wanted. Trump is willing to give it up under the same rules that Obama put in place. So what's the problem?

Apparently the problem is that the democrats are going to fight to the bitter end to sustain the flow of illegals across our borders. The uneducated, unhealthy, and unskilled are more important to them than the citizen. It's hard to come to any other conclusion based on their behavior. They haven't even offered up any alternatives or points of negotiation re. Trumps demands.

So it appears that there is a growing faction within the democrat party to shut down the government over the issue, DACA being their 'talking point.' They're leaving themselves wide open to a broadside in retaliation.

What surprises me is that the congressional black caucus is going along with this. Yeah, they hate Trump and think he's a racist. But that's a visceral reaction and not well thought out. Exactly whose jobs are those illegals taking? Unskilled and semi-skilled blue collar work. Precisely the jobs that black american's once had to use to propel the next generation further up the ladder. The latino's are no friends of the american black. They are merely a useful tool in the short term.

Back in the late 60's, early 70's there were a couple of riots in Miami's black communities. The match that lit the flame was police activity, but the big pile of fuel that was piling up to be burned had other causes. Namely the large influx of Cuban refugee's in the early 60's. They slowly took all the jobs that were once done by the black community. Construction, small business, home cleaning services, yard work. The Cubans worked hard and for less money. Once the Cubans reached a certain threshold the blacks that applied for jobs were turned away, "tu no habla Espanol." Considering that the Cubans are for a large part of mixed race it became obvious that cultural background and language trumped (no pun intended) any racial or minority solidarity. So the Cubans worked their ass off and THEIR children went to college.

That very same pattern is repeating itself everywhere the immigrants, legal and illegal, settle in and reach a critical mass. (I readily admit I don't know what that critical mass is, just know it's there.) With regard to this shutdown idea it's only a matter of time before some smart republican snaps to this fact and points it out to the black community and this proposed shutdown represents as good an opportunity as any.

That's about what it amounts to, isn't it? Like, why are illegal aliens more important to Democrats than actual citizens of the United States? Maybe in November they'll get to explain it all to us.

Green Eggs and Ham all over again.

The cost of shutdown for even 1 minute is mind boggling. Both sides of the circus are doing the country a disservice when it happens.

Sign the motherfucker.

Green Eggs and Ham all over again.

The cost of shutdown for even 1 minute is mind boggling. Both sides of the circus are doing the country a disservice when it happens.

Sign the motherfucker.

Congress controls the purse strings, the president CAN'T shutdown shit.

MnzrY19.gif

Congress controls the purse strings, the president CAN'T shutdown shit.

Trump has passed more legislation than any other president since Truman. I can't imagine he would suddenly have trouble passing legislation now.

Trump has passed more legislation than any other president since Truman. I can't imagine he would suddenly have trouble passing legislation now.

DACA is most likely dead right now. The California court is full of shit as usual.

Whatsamatter, Trump getting no co-operation from the Republican-controlled House and Senate?

Hey Ish,

vette ran away from this question in another thread, maybe you'll answer it.

Does anybody really want to throw out good educated and accomplished young people who have jobs some serving in the military?

No President has ever done more to put DACA center stage.

Other Presidents said they’d deal with the millions and millions of illegals and their american born kids.

At least this time, it’s on the table.

Love or hate the President, regardless of the methods or outcome, DACA and illegals are front and center.

Hey Ish,

vette ran away from this question in another thread, maybe you'll answer it.

Does anybody really want to throw out good educated and accomplished young people who have jobs some serving in the military?

That is the mantra, but the facts speak otherwise. But for the sake of discussion let's roll with your unsubstantiated line.

The fact of the matter is "no" I don't want to throw them out. We have a clause in the constitution stating "there shall be no corruption of the blood." Restated a child can not be held accountable for the crimes of the parent. Trump has repeatedly stated that he doesn't want to throw them out either. But the fact remains that once they reached the age of majority THEY are here illegally in their own right. The "corruption of the blood" clause falls by the wayside. And they are not ignorant of that fact, 660 thousand or so have registered. That act alone signifies knowledge.

Referring back to my OP, they are pawns in this game. If the democrats truly wanted to secure their future in this nation they can do so. It's obvious that the democrats see them only as a political tool to insure future illegal crossings of the border. It is also obvious, as noted in a recent DNC memo, that they are doing this for the political goals of their own party, not the best interests of the nation as a whole.

They handed Trump this chip to play and it seems he's "all in." Fine by me.

But once again, or as always, you avoid the subject. So having answered your question, now answer mine. How do you see the use of a government shut down over illegals playing out?

That is the mantra, but the facts speak otherwise. But for the sake of discussion let's roll with your unsubstantiated line.

The fact of the matter is "no" I don't want to throw them out. We have a clause in the constitution stating "there shall be no corruption of the blood." Restated a child can not be held accountable for the crimes of the parent. Trump has repeatedly stated that he doesn't want to throw them out either. But the fact remains that once they reached the age of majority THEY are here illegally in their own right. The "corruption of the blood" clause falls by the wayside. And they are not ignorant of that fact, 660 thousand or so have registered. That act alone signifies knowledge.

Referring back to my OP, they are pawns in this game. If the democrats truly wanted to secure their future in this nation they can do so. It's obvious that the democrats see them only as a political tool to insure future illegal crossings of the border. It is also obvious, as noted in a recent DNC memo, that they are doing this for the political goals of their own party, not the best interests of the nation as a whole.

They handed Trump this chip to play and it seems he's "all in." Fine by me.

But once again, or as always, you avoid the subject. So having answered your question, now answer mine. How do you see the use of a government shut down over illegals playing out?

Oh, it wasn't my question. If you don't want to kick them out, let's not.

I see it hurting the republican party. No one wants to kick out the DACA people, like you said, even Trump doesn't want to kick them out.

Shutting down the USA Gov. to protect illegal immigrants from deportation.

Wasn’t that the storyline of the third cheech and chong movie?

Back