I think I did a boo-boo...

King_Willie

Virgin
Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Posts
28
I submitted a story over at Loving Wives and since I uploaded the file from Google Docs, I've just realized the format came all wonky, with the comments between the editors and I, text in blue... the works.

Is it possible to take a published story back so I can clean the whole thing up and clear those comments?
 
I submitted a story over at Loving Wives and since I uploaded the file from Google Docs, I've just realized the format came all wonky, with the comments between the editors and I, text in blue... the works.

Is it possible to take a published story back so I can clean the whole thing up and clear those comments?

Try writing to Lauren and explain what happened.
 
If you mean that you submitted it, and it hasn't yet been published, then that's easy.

Go to the pending folder, click on the submission. That will bring up all the information and allow you to edit it. Once you've fixed everything, click preview at the bottom, scroll through the preview, and click submit.

It will start at the back of the queue again, but at least the correct version will be making its way through.

If you think you may need more time, instead of clicking preview, click Save As Draft instead. That will move it from the pending folder to the drafts folder, which will allow you to edit it in your own time without it being in the submissions queue.

Once you do finish the edit, you then view it in the drafts folder and submit it, as described above.
 
I submitted a story over at Loving Wives and since I uploaded the file from Google Docs, I've just realized the format came all wonky, with the comments between the editors and I, text in blue... the works.

Is it possible to take a published story back so I can clean the whole thing up and clear those comments?

I scanned your story, and yep...the blue font edit notes are there. There is and edit option. Your blue edit notes are somewhat confusing, and would be even more so if I wasn't looking for them after reading your post. Basically, to edit the story; Resubmit the cleaned up version as a new submission using the exact original title adding the word EDIT after it. A note saying it's an edit in the 'note field' can't hurt. Expect a long delay for it to be posted as it'll be done only after any new submissions are worked through the system (and, there are a couple of contests in the works now in addition to the normal work load.)

For what it's worth; I use RTF for submissions and have never had a glitch. I've read that some use Word.doc. I haven't used any google service for years so don't know about that.
 
Back
Top