NaClO (By invitation, otherwise CLOSED)

Isane's cheeks were flushed as she looked at the long shaft in Amaya's hands. "But . . . it looks . . . ."

The pink-haired shinigami laughed softly. "Isane-san, it's okay. I'll show you what it's for." She knelt down between Isane's legs, holding the double-ended dildo out for the other girl to examine. "It's pink and sparkly, not scary at all, right?" Her eyes danced as the silver-haired woman looked at the long shaft curiously. "You can touch it," she said with a smile.

"A-all right . . . ." Isane reached one hand out, touching it gently. It was cool to the touch, and soft-hard, smooth, and with two flared ends. "It feels . . . smooth." She looked at it closely. "But it has two ends?"

Amaya nodded, smiling as she took the dildo back from Isane. "Here, let me show you." She placed one end of the shaft against her own entrance, sliding it inside of herself with a soft, low moan. Lifting one leg so that it was arching over Isane's, she leaned forward slightly, guiding the other end to Isane's wet hole. "See," she said, rubbing it against the tall woman's pussy, "one end goes inside me, and the other will go," she said, pressing forward a little, "right inside here."

Isane gasped at the feeling of the head of the dildo started to spread her open. "Ohhh, Amaya-chan! It feels so big . . . will it fit?" She got her answer as Amaya pressed a little harder, the flared head slipping just into her pussy. "Mmmf! God, it's . . . it's going in!"

With a wicked grin, Amaya nodded. "That's right, Isane-san. It's going into that sweet, virgin pussy." She pushed a little more, another inch sliding into Isane's body. "Now," she said, wiggling a little. "Here's where we get to have even more fun." Gently, Amaya lifted one of Isane's legs, sliding her own underneath it. "We move closer togehter, and we fuck each other's brains out."

The wiggle almost threw all thought and comprehension from Isane's mind. But she nodded. "Yes . . . yes, that would be . . . amazing." The thought of more of this inside her, of it moving, and being able to feel Amaya's body against hers . . . she wanted that.

It was a little awkward, their scooting closer together, until they grabbed each other's hands, pulling their bodies together until, with a soft groan, they both felt their cunts touch around the dildo. "Now," Amaya managed, her voice thick with lust, "push your hips into mine, and I'll do the same."

Isane nodded mutely, thrusting forward, her head going back in a moan as she felt more of the dildo enter her and the sensitive nub just above where she was being stretched bumped against Amaya's. "Ahhhh! Amaya-chan, so good!" And when Amaya pushed back, pressing their hips more firmly together, they both cried out softly at the feeling.

"Yesssss," the pink-haired girl hissed, looking into Isane's eyes. "Isane-san, just like that, but . . . faster." Her hands pulled the other girl closer, kissing her as their hips started moving against each other, grinding and fucking each other with abandon.
 
"Hhh-hai," Isane gasped, "faster..." She couldn't believe it. These feelings shooting through her were just too good! It felt so wonderful! This...was what she'd been worried about?

The tall and lush healer rocked her hips forward fast and hard, fucking herself and Amaya on the ends of the toy, "Ahh, Amaya-chan! It's so good! Feel so...so full, so sexy, so...so nasty."

Amaya grinned, "Ahhnn, that's, ohh, because you are, Isane-san." She bucked her hips forward hard on each word. "Sexy. Nasty. Hot. Fucking. Piece. Of. Tail!"

The forbidden words tumbling joyously out of the pink haired girl's mouth made it even better, even better! "Hhn! Yes, yes I am, I am, and...and you are too! Ahh! You're..worse than me even! You're a...a...a dirty...ohh! A slut!"

"Fuck, yesss," Amaya answered, "I am a dirty slut, I love to fuck, I love to feel something hard in me, love to feel big soft tits, love the wet heat of a hot pussy, love it all!"

"Huhh, Amaya-chan..." Isane groaned, "it's...it's getting closer..." She knew she shouldn't do that. Which made her want to so much.

"Ohh, Isane-san, you closet slut! Ready to cum already?" The answering moan, almost desperate, was all she needed to hear in response. "Faster! Harder! Come on, fuck me good and hard before you cum, Isane-san! Fuck me with your cock!"

"Yes!" Isane held Amaya tight; the physically stronger woman finally fully letting go. Her hips pounded with abandon, ramming, hammering their cunts together, ravaging them both with the toy's plundering ends. "Fuck your sweet pussy! Fuck mine! Fuck! Never knew...it could be this way! No wonder...you love...to fuck!" Then her eyes went wide; oh, no! She was going to explode! "AHhh! Amaya-chaaaan!" Her arms tightened around Amaya, holding her so tight it almost hurt.

Isane came as she never had before. Her mouth was open, face twisted in a silent scream of joy so white hot it burned every fiber and cell of her body. She could feel it blazing way; rippling through her and blasting away her flesh to replace it with raw sensation. Her pussy quivered and pulsed and juices gushed down and actually spurted out around the toy and onto Amaya's body.

She collapsed, laying limp, feeling almost burned out from the inside. But, oh. Oh. Oh, this feeling. Better than any time before. Everything was golden and light; she was pure radiance. "A..maya-chan..."

The girl giggled. "See, Isane-san? Now "WE" love to fuck, don't we?"

"H...ai..."
 
Pulling the double-ended dildo from Isane's pussy first, and then her own, Amaya stood up, her legs a little shaky as she set the long pink item aside and curled up next to the silver-haired woman. "Oh, that's very good to hear, Isane-san." She brushed a strand of hair off of Isane's forehead where it was almost plastered by sweat, and smiled. "Because that was amazing."

A flush darkened the pretty healer's face. "R-really? I've never done . . . done anything like that before." One hand went hesitantly to touch Amaya's side gently. "Is it . . . always like that? Even with boys?"

"Mm-mm." Amaya shook her head. "It's different. Just as good, though, but different." Her eyes seemed to look into the distance. "Their bodies are different, and their . . . you know, their cocks feel better than anything else." She smiled a little, looking at Isane. "They're . . . well, when you find a boy you want to do that with, you'll find out." The smile turned a little wicked, and she winked lasciviously at the taller woman. "Or you could tell me who it is, if you already know - I may already know what his is like."

"Amaya-chan!" Isane's face was scandalized and bright red, but she was curious. "Have you . . . with that many . . . ?" She wasn't quite ready to admit who she was thinking of - and wasn't really ready to admit to herself that she had anyone in particular in mind.

The pink-haired girl shrugged. "Not really. Just . . . well, if you want to know."

Isane blushed a little. "Well, I am curious . . . but if you don't want to . . . ."

"It's okay. As long as you don't tell other people, I guess." Isane nodded. "I've only been with, in that way, Kira-kun and Abarai-kun. And Rangiku-san, though I don't know that she counts for this discussion."

The silver-haired woman almost sat up straight. "Kira-san? I thought he was courting Hinamori-san? And Abarai-san? Both of them?"

"Well, not at the same time!" Amaya grinned. "Here, I'll explain."

~ ~ ~ ~​

"I don't see why we have to stay behind," Renji grumbled, arms folded across his chest.

Isane shook her head. "Because, Abarai-san, Unohana-taicho has to go - she knows what she's looking for. Takeuchi-san has to go, because he knows about the cures and where to look. And Am - Kuragari-san has to go because . . . well, because Unohana-taicho said so."

Nemu stood silently behind them, listening as the two she was staying here with talked. One thin eyebrow arched as she heard Isane almost slip. Perhaps . . . she'd heard noises the other night as she was walking to the bathroom after she left Unohana-taicho's room. But when she'd gotten back, they were lying on their own futons. Had they been . . . maybe she'd talk to Isane later and see.

Maybe, if she were lucky, they could interest Abarai in what they were doing as well.

The last ticket purchased - they'd made Isamu do the buying - and the other three of the group walked back to where their companions were standing. "Ah, minna-san," Unohana said with a small smile. "Our train leaves shortly, so we won't have time to do much else here. Please, keep up the research, and we'll be back soon."
 
Isamu passed out the tickets. "We should board now, Unohana-taichou, Kuragari-chan. It'll be a long trip so we should get comfortable."

Amaya was looking at the ticket closely. "It says we should reach Edo, I mean Tokyo, in..." She glanced up at a clock, "five hours." She blinked. "Five hours?" The other Soul Society natives looked astonished as well; even Nemu.

Isamu nodded, "Yeah. Like I said, just being in the train that long, we'll want to...why are you all looking like that?"

Isane sighed, "Ahh, it's amazing! To travel that far in so little time!"

Renji shook his head, "Tch. Too easy if you ask me. I bet these modern humans are all wimps."

Unohana chuckled, "Maybe so. But ease of transportation would make medical treatment even better, wouldn't it?" She looked over at Isamu. "Takeuchi-kun, do you know how to drive one of these "automobiles" that I've been seeing?"

Isamu grinned, "Sure do."

She clapped her hands together, "Excellent! Then we'll rent one once we reach Tokyo to get about easier!" Then she looked at the others, "We will go. Remember to get in touch if anything happens or you find anything that could help our information gathering."

"Hai," all three of the Karakura team replied at once. They bowed to Unohana, drawing a few looks from passers-by and boarding passengers. The Tokyo team walked to one of the cars, Isamu hanging back to inform the women of what to do.

Nemu nodded, "Then we should return to our duties." She looked at the still sour looking Renji, "Abarai-san, please go and fetch food for the evening." He nodded and set off with a nod. The green eyed doll looked up at Isane. "...Koutetsu-san, while we return to the hotel, perhaps you could tell me about some strange noises I heard last night..."

~~~~~~~​

Isamu watched the countryside roll by out the window. He'd ridden trains before and there was always both an excitement and an odd detachment that came with it. One saw so much and went through it all but was apart. A feeling he was familiar with. It also reminded him of the last train trip he'd taken. Which reminded him of home...

The two women had been chatting amiably over the tea and biscuits that had been served. He became aware suddenly that one of them had asked him a question several seconds ago. "Ah, gomen nasai, I was...thinking about something." Dad. Mom. Were they all right? Were they even alive? Why hadn't he thought to try and find out until now?

Unohana shook her head, "It's all right, Takeuchi-san. I asked if you knew where we could start once we arrived."

Good. He could talk about this and stop thinking about his family for a while. Had they ever even known what had happened to him? Or had he just vanished, never to be heard from again? "Well, Tokyo University has a huge hospital attached and they do the most medical research in all of Japan." He hesitated. "There's also a US Navy base in Yokohama and the Americans will probably have better medical stuff than the Japanese." He flushed, "Uh, no offense meant."

"Maybe we can go there and find out," Amaya offered. She smiled at Isamu, "Won't it be nice to see some people from home?"

Isamu laughed, and it was a bitter, humorless sound. "I'm a half-breed, Kuragari-chan. They won't be any happier to see me than the Japanese are, most of them anyway." If there were blacks, they might be. They understood. "It'll just be salt in the...never mind. I'm sure it'll be a good experience. Maybe...things have changed."

And maybe he was a Chinese fighter pilot.
 
Amaya nudged Isamu. "It'll be all right," she said, smiling encouragingly. "I'm sure things have changed, and they'll be happy to see you." She could tell that he was feeling sad again, and out of place. So she stood up, beaming. "I'm going to see if there are any more of those chocolate biscuits!"

Leaning over, she whispered to Isamu, "Talk to her about how you're feeling. She'll help, I know it!" Then she scooted out of the little seating area they'd been sitting in, walking down the aisle of the train in the direction she'd seen the lady with the trolley go.

Unohana raised an eyebrow, her eyes still mildly curious. "And so here we are, Takeuchi-san. What shall we talk about?" She was curious what he would say, since she'd heard about two words of what the girl had whispered. What was she supposed to help with?

~ ~ ~ ~​

Renji walked back to the inn, arms laden with bags of food and bottles of soda that he'd found at a store just around the corner. Juggling his parcels, he opened the door to the room that they'd rented for Captain Unohana. And dropped everything. "What . . . ?!?"

Isane looked up, her face bright red. "Abarai-san!" Her hands scrambled to cover her body, trying to hide her nudity. Nemu looked up from where she was kneeling over Isane, one hand interfering with the silver-haired woman's attempts to cover herself.

"Ah, Abarai-san," the black-haired vice-captain said with a small smile. "I was hoping you would return in time to join us."

Two voices chorused, "Join?!"
 
"Yes." Nemu stood up and walked towards the stunned Renji. She was nude as well; her figure generous without being ample, slender and supple. Long, shapely legs and slim hips, large high breasts, and all with flawless pale skin. Her red choker was still about her neck, giving a splash of color just below that beautiful, sad, doll-like face. She walked up to Renji and then bent down to pick up the bags he had dropped. "Nothing appears to be damaged."

Renji's mouth worked several times without any sound emerging. "N-no, the containers are pretty tough." Wait, what the hell was he even saying? "But, Kurotsuchi-fucku, I mean, fukutaichou, what is this about? You want...and Koutetsu-san too?"

Isane blushed. "I...imagined my first boy being someone else but..." She shook her head, "It...Kurotsuchi-san said that you and Takeuchi-san, last night, you...listened to Kuragari-chan and I and...touched yourselves."

Renji blushed brightly. "Well...yeah. I mean, two super hot girls doing...you know, that. It was...how could we not?"

"So." Nemu was behind him now. Her soft voice coming so close to his ear made him jump forward. "I thought you would like to join us because you liked the sounds so much." She paused and then a hint of a smile came to her lips. "After Unohana-taichou and I were done talking...I watched you and Takeuchi-san. I liked what I saw. I will have to sample him another time, but you are here. So. You will join us."

Renji's breath left him in a long hiss as Nemu hugged him from behind, her hands moving to unbutton the jeans his gigai was wearing and start tugging them down. "If it would help, you may consider it an order."

~~~~~~~​

Isamu looked into Unohana's eyes. They were such a unique blue. Dark and deep, so very deep. Kind and wise and gentle but also knowing. How much of what he had to say did she know already? His wolf's eyes held her gaze for long moments before he was able to speak. "I don't belong in Squad 4."

She lowered her head and her smile was sad. "No," she looked back up at him. "You do not. You never will."

He laughed; another short and bitter sound. "How long have you known?"

Unohana felt her heart swell with compassion for the young man. He felt so alone right now. Utterly abandoned. Could she convince him it was not as dire as it seemed? "Since we sparred at the practice." He looked shocked and she went on. "The moment we crossed blades, I knew. Your sword and your heart were one and they spoke to me in the fight." Her raised one hand to touch her fingers to the center of her chest. "They told me you were many things; but that you would never be a healer." She sighed, "And now with the way Mitsukake-san has begun to react to you...he will make sure the rest of the squad keeps their distance, even if Kira-san, Isane-san, and...myself like it when you are with us."

"So." He leaned back in his seat. He felt like crying. Or screaming. Or just throwing himself out the window and onto the tracks. "Since then...I've been wasting my time. And yours." God.

"Did you? I don't think so." Unohana tipped her head back, the thoughtfulness in her voice enough to make him, against his will, look at her again. "You have achieved shikai and very early compared to most shinigami. Your swordsmanship has grown to a great extent, you've managed to keep up with Kuragari-san in that area despite having much less practice time. You have learned more healing kidou. You have befriended Isane-san. And you brought us here. Even if we cannot help Ukitake-taichou...the things we've found so far will revolutionize Soul Society medicine. We will save hundreds of more lives than we could have before." She smiled at his expression; dumbstruck and touched yet still stubbornly clinging to his depression. "If that is wasted time, I do not ever want you to become busy. I don't know that any of us could keep up."

"That's...all that was...accidental or besides the point," Isamu shook his head. "It would have happened anyway."

"Would it? You do not know that, Takeuchi-san. Neither do I. Neither does Central 46. No one can say that." Her eyes were serious now. "We assume that events will play out according to logic. But there is nothing to say that had you gone to another squad, you would not have been killed in a training accident. Or been run over by a horse." He still looked doubtful. Unohana leaned forward and reached out to lay a hand on his. His eyes went wide at the touch. "Do not look back and call it a waste. I do not. I am glad you have been part of my Squad and that I have been able to know you. One thing I did not mention before, you also made a friend of me." He blushed and she felt a rush of satisfaction.

She leaned back again, but did not release his hand. "...When you came to us, I was afraid of you."

"What? Of...me?"

She nodded. "I had read the reports on you and spoken to your instructors at the Academy. Many of them felt like Mitsukake-san does now. I know...that they were right. You were dangerous to Soul Society. I knew that if you survived and prospered, the Soul Society I knew would be destroyed. And so I was afraid." She smiled then, "Then I got to know you. I saw you interacting with the others; encouraging and championing them. I saw you challenging what you felt was unjust. I saw you struggling hard and trying your best and I...remembered being that way myself, long ago. And a few other rascals," she smiled at fond memories, "who once changed Soul Soceity forever."

She gave his hand a squeeze before pulling it back. "You will destroy the Soul Society I knew, it has already begun. But you will make it a better place than it was. You've already changed me and I am glad. And you reminded me of things about myself that I had forgotten."

"Unohana-taichou, I...don't know...where to begin..."

"You do not have to say anything." Unohana shook her head, "When this mission is done...I will help you find a new Squad that is more suited to you. I already have made some inquiries with Aizen-taichou's help." Her eyes regarded him warmly again. "But I hope you will still come and see us. You will be welcome. We can sit on the roof at night with some tea and watch the stars." The beautiful healer's smile was bittersweet. "You do not belong in Squad 4. But you will always belong with me, Isamu-san."

He could only stare at her. She'd...was any of that...he couldn't have done that. But why else would she say it?

Unohana took a sip of her tea. "I am not the only one to think so either, you know. Kuragari-san feels the same. And Isane-san too; though she had been waiting for...well. That is between the two of you." She set her cup down. "...There is another thing you have done for me. But we will talk about that in Tokyo."

"H-hai," he managed. Isamu looked out the window again. Now...he didn't know what to think. He wanted to still be depressed and upset. He should be. Despite all she said, there wasn't any place for him now, but...but all that she had said...

Unohana considered him over her cup of tea and made a decision. It was a bit selfish. But it would be very good for him. Then she looked up, "Ah, Kuragari-san! Did they have any left?"
 
Amaya held up a paper bag. "Hai! So I bought all the ones they had, and the lady showed me some uirou she had." She whipped another bag out from behind her back. "I got sakura, chestnut, and yuzu, one of each for each of us!"

She slipped back into her seat, almost bouncing with happiness. Isamu looked a lot less sad - not really happy, but he did look a lot better than he had when she left. "Does anyone want some now?"

Unohana smiled at the pink-haired girl - she was always so cheerful. "I'll try the chestnut, if you don't mind."

"Of course not, taicho!" Amaya peered into the bag, then reached into it, grabbing the brown jelly candy. "Here, I hope it's good - they just looked so tasty!" She turned to look at Isamu after the dark-haired captain had her candy well in hand. "What about you, Takeuchi-kun? Tasty chewy cannnnnndy," she said enticingly.

Isamu peered over her shoulder into the bag, getting an inadvertent glance down her top as he did. "All right . . . yuzu, I guess." He wasn't sure how the cherry blossom would taste, and he wasn't in the mood for chestnuts, which left the citrus flavor.

She pulled her own candy out, selecting the chestnut flavor as well, and biting happily into it. "Mmmm!" Swallowing, she looked back and forth between the two of them. "So, I was thinking, when we get to Edo . . . Tokyo. The first thing we should do is find a place to stay, right? After we get a car, I mean."
 
Isamu nodded. "It'll be easy. Tokyo's huge. And there are a lot of hotels and places to stay. We can find another traditional one or a Western one pretty easily."

Unohana smiled, "Which should we stay, do you think?"

Amaya tilted her head to one side as she chewed on a sakura candy. "It's your choice, of course, taichou, but...I think a Western place. I've never seen one before!"

Unohana nodded. "Neither have I." She looked at the still unusually silent Isamu. "Would you be agreeable to that, Takeuchi-san?"

"Uh? Of course, taichou." He blinked. "Why would you even ask that? I mean, you're the leader here."

"A wise leader should take counsel before making a decision." She smiled and reached into the large purse she'd brought on board. "Then we will stay at a Western style hotel. Here, Takeuchi-san." She pulled out a tall stack of bills; a wad of cash larger than any Isamu's seen before. She pushed it over to him, "Since we'll need you to handle most of the exchanges, you should take most of the money."

"Taichou!" Isamu grabbed the money and stuffed it under his shirt, "What the...you can't just flash that much cash around and...I mean, this is Japan and all but what if some gangster or something saw?"

She smiled winsomely, "Then you'd have to protect us, Takeuchi-san."

"Well, yeah, but-wait, what?"

The two women laughed, Amaya elbowing him again. Despite himself Isamu lowered his head and he smiled.

~~~~~~~​

"So this is an automobile?" Unohana was examining the vehicle curiously. Amaya was circling around it as well, peering inside, and underneath, and in through the windows.

"Car, Unohana-taichou. They call them cars. But yeah, the original name is automobile." Isamu stepped up to it and ran a hand over the edge of the hood and up the driver's side windshield strut. He let out a low breath, "You're a pretty girl, aren't you," he murmured to the car. It was smaller than the cars he was used to; and a Japanese made vehicle which was unheard of. But...to drive a car again.

"...Takeuchi-kun, did you just talk to the car?"

"Nah, come on. That'd be crazy." He cleared his throat. "Come on, get in." It took several minutes for them all to get situated, both women asking one question after another. Finally, they and their baggage was all aboard.

Isamu sat a moment in the driver's seat, running one hand over the gear shift lovingly, the other caressing the steering wheel. Then he turned the key and the engine roared to life.

Amaya's head poked in from the backseat, "Uwaa, what's that?"

"The sound of freedom," he answered without thinking. "Uh, I mean, that's just the noise of the engine."

"It's loud, isn't it?" Unohana mused, "It must make it hard to sleep at night with these around."

"I guess." Isamu shrugged. "Modern people are probably just used to it. I forgot how loud it was myself."

"So how fast does it go?" Amaya was grinning at him, "You said these were faster than horses right? And the train! I want to see how fast it goes! Come on, Takeuchi-kun, let 'er rip!"

For a moment, his wolfish smile returned, "You asked for it. Hang on, Kuragari-chan!"

~~~~~~~​

Isamu stood on the balcony of their suite, high above the streets of Tokyo. The Tokyo Hilton was a posh joint and no mistake but Unohana had said that they should get something private and well taken care of since she'd be spending most of her time there researching after the initial data gathering sessions.

The city was even bigger than he remembered. A lot bigger. Japan was doing well in this new decade and it looked so much more Western than he recalled. Below and before him the lights of the city stretched out in the darkness; gleaming brightly.

He looked up at the sky. Not many stars to be seen with all these lights. It made him wonder how much of the sky they could see where he grew up in the States. Could his parents see the stars anymore? Did they even look? Or had that past time been lift behind when he died? Were they even still alive?
 
The hotel was unlike anything Amaya had ever seen. Even though she knew that Captain Unohana was probably as fascinated by things as she was, the pink-haired girl was the only one who could really act on that amazement. So she pranced around the suite, poking at things she'd never seen before, cooing and exclaiming whenever something surprised her. "Ooooh, look! They're so cute!"

She was peering into the small refrigerator in the bedroom that would be the captain's. "Little bottles of . . . huh. Liquor. There's chilled sake, and . . ." Amaya picked up one and tilted her head at it. "Jack . . . Daniels . . . I wonder what kind of booze it is?"

"Don't drink it and find out, Kuragari-san," the older woman said, stepping out of the bathroom. "I don't need you getting tipsy tonight." Her smile was kind, however, and she sat down in an armchair, looking out at the skyline. "Why don't you go check on Takeuchi-san, and wrangle who will take the bed in the other room."

Amaya looked at the dark-haired captain. "Of course, Unohana-taicho." Her eyes were surprisingly wise. "If you need me again this evening, please, let me know." The woman wanted to be alone, but was too nice to ask her to leave. She put the little bottle back into the tiny refrigerator and left, shutting the door behind her as quietly as possible.

When she entered the main room, she sighed. Isamu was looking out at the city as well. Was no one else interested in what this Western-style place was like? So instead, she bounced over the balcony, stepping out onto it and leaning against the railing and looking out. "So, Taekuchi-kun, which of us should have the bed?" Her lips curved into a smile. "We could share, but I've been told not to get tipsy tonight, so no hanky-panky!"
 
The thoughts came to his mind before he could stop them. No hanky panky for him; but for Abarai and Koutetsu-san. Of course not. He was a mutt. She was...too good for his touch and she knew it. Even if he weren't, he was just her friend. Nothing more. He was also being highly unfair. It was her business who she slept with, just like it was his. He had no right to be regretful or upset just because of his feelings. He hadn't said anything, had he? Tough luck. And he wouldn't. It was obvious she just didn't think of them that way.

"Of course not, Kuragari-chan." A mongrel knew better.

He turned back to her and made himself smile. "But you know I wouldn't make you sleep on the floor when there's a bed to be had. Besides, I don't know if you've ever slept in a Western bed before. I wouldn't deny you that experience." The half-breed shrugged, "I'm sure the couch'll be plenty comfortable."

Isamu didn't want her to see his eyes just then, so he pushed past her into the main area of the suite, heading for the other bedroom. "Come on, let's go take a look at the bed in there." God. Just...was there anything else that could be thrown in his face on this mission?

The room was obviously intended for children of visiting businessmen or dignitaries. It was fairly large; with a chest of drawers, a closet, two nightstands, a bathroom off to one side, and also two beds. "Huh. Well. That solves that, right?" He forced the smile again, "We both get a bed tonight Kuragari-chan."

He felt tired. Not physically but emotionally and mentally drained. "I think we should go to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day." He smiled and nodded to her as he again walked past her and into the main living space. "Go ahead and get ready, I'll give you your privacy. Just let me know when you're ready and turn out the lights, I won't need them."

~~~~~~~​

Hours later, Isamu lay in the darkness of the room. He was sure that Amaya was asleep in the other bed. It seemed pretty sound too. He could just see her face in the faint light that made it in through the blinds; peaceful and lovely enough to make his heartache.

He slipped out of bed; clad only in a pair of boxer shorts. He crept to the door and slid out of the room, as soft and quick as a shadow. He's spent the time since going to bed thinking. About home. About his parents. About where they were. If they were okay. If they ever found out what had happened to him. If they were even alive.

Given how far the US was, it should be mid-day there now. He crept to the phone in one corner of the room and picked it up; carrying it as far towards the door to the suite that the cord would allow. Then he sat down and picked it up, dialing a single number. After a moment, he heard a pick up and a feminine voice. "Yes, operator. I need to make an overseas call. Yes, I understand it will be charged to the room, that's fine. The United States. Yes, I do know the number." He couldn't call his parents. But the neighbors, if they still lived there, that would be all right. "Yes, I'm ready. The number is..."
 
Something was bothering Isamu, and Amaya couldn't tell what it was. Maybe it was because he wanted . . . no, he wouldn't want that with her. He'd never said anything that she'd thought was anything more than friendly. Had he? But she climbed into her bed, snuggling under the covers and fell asleep almost as her head hit the pillow - she hadn't realized how tired she was.

In the morning, however, she woke up almost as quickly, her eyes opening as she lay in the bed, looking at Isamu's still-sleeping form. He looked so handsome, so exotic and peaceful, like that it made her smile. But she sat up, wrapping a fluffy robe around herself and heading into the bathroom attached to the room to take care of her morning business.

When she opened the door to step out into the bathroom, Isamu was standing near the window, stretching. She smiled happily at him, nothing the way his muscles moved under his skin with the movements. "Ohayoo, Takeuchi-kun!" She tossed her hair over her shoulder. "I had the strangest dream last night, and you were in it!" The pink-haired girl bounced onto the bed she'd slept in, her legs crossed. "You and I were going somewhere, and you kept asking me if your parents were around, but I didn't know! So instead, we went to a sushi-ya and ordered three pounds of salmon roe to put in our hair, and then we . . . went dancing!" That wasn't what had happened in her dream, but she hadn't remembered how it had ended before she started talking. And it would be proper to tell him what they'd actually been doing in the dream.

From the other side of the door, a soft voice called, "Ohayoo, Kuragari-san, Takeuchi-san! Breakfast is here!" Unohana poked her head inside, smiling at them both. "Come out and eat, and we'll formulate a plan of attack."

~ ~ ~ ~​

Licking her fork, Amaya beamed. "This is great! I've never had a Western-style breakfast before!" They'd each had a plate of eggs and bacon and potatoes, a waffle with berries, butter, and syrup, a glass of orange juice, and a cup of coffee. The pink-haired girl had torn through hers with a vengeance, leaving nothing but crumbs, while the other two had gone more slowly.

Unohana smiled fondly at her. "Hai, it was very tasty. I've never had potatoes this way before." She put another fork of the American fries in her mouth, chewing happily.

Amaya took a drink of her juice, holding it in both hands like a little girl. "It's all so tasty! I love Western food!" She set the glass down, smiling. "So, where should we go first? The university, or the US military base?"

"The university," Isamu said, swallowing a mouthful of bacon. "They'll be able to give more general information, and maybe even help us get some of the drugs for analysis."

The captain nodded. "That's a good idea, Takeuchi-san," she said with a smile, sipping the hot coffee delicately. "So what shall our disguises be this time?"
 
"Look out!" Men and women in white coats scattered out of the way as the strange girl charged down the hallway of the hospital. "Stop her!" Another woman, with long, long, blue-black hair ran after her, her white coat flapping, "She's infectious, grab her before she gets to the children's wing!"

Orderlies and nurses leaped out of the madly hooting and gibbering girl's way; shocked at her appearance. Her eyes were an unnatural green and her hair was...pink! She must be incredibly sick! A few of them, moved by the plea of the lovely female doctor jumped in front of her.

She grabbed the first man and threw him over her back into a few others. The long haired woman sank to her knees and wailed, "Oh, can't someone do something? Anyone! Everyone, please, for the children!"

The pink haired mad woman sprinted off again, grabbing carts and gurneys and flinging them about. Behind all the carnage, a tall and exotic looking young man slipped through the normally locked doors where the medicines were kept. He had a large gym bag in one hand and a list in the other.

There was a crash in the distance and Isamu Takeuchi grinned. There was no distraction like Amaya. He began to gather the antibiotics and other medicines on his captain's list, scooping huge plastic bottles and tubs of pills and solution into the gym bag.

~~~~~~~​

"That was great!" Amaya was beaming in the backseat of the car. Her pink hair was a little mussed but otherwise there was no sign of her madness from before. She held a fresh milkshake in her hands, taking a long pull on the straw sticking out of it. "Did we get what we needed?"

"Yes." Unohana was rummaging through the gym bag, "And quite a bit of all of it. Enough to not only treat some people but to analyze it and perhaps begin manufacturing it ourselves."

Isamu shrugged, "I figured that since we were stealing anyway, we might as well clean them out. I grabbed everything in that room I could fit in there."

"Hee!" Amaya giggled, "Maybe you should go to Squad 2, Takeuchi-kun. Who knew you were the stealth type?"

He grinned, "Only when I have a pink haired bombshell running interference, Kuragari-chan." He looked over at the serene Unohana, "You did pretty good there too, Unohana-taichou. You were very convincing."

She smiled benignly, "Well, I was the head of the Shinigami Drama Association for a reason."

The two younger shinigami blinked and looked at her. "The Shinigami Drama Association?" Amaya slurped up a bit more milkshake, her emerald eyes thoughtful. "I've never heard of that."

Unohana nodded. "It was a dramatic group that put on plays and theatrical events. I was the head of the group and often played the female lead in many of our productions."

"Wow..." So she was a movie star too, well, kind of. "So what happened to it?"

She sighed and ran a back over her hair. She was wearing it in a braid, but at the back of her head as Isamu had suggested to look more "natural." "Well, Kyouraku-taichou finally managed to become producer of one of the shows and on opening night, he revealed that we were all going to perform in the nude. After that first show, the club was officially declared a disturber of the peace and shut down." She shook her head, "So sad."

"Wait, taichou...did...you perform?"

She beamed at the stunned Isamu, "Well, Takeuchi-san, Kuragari-san. I think we should go to the base next, don't you?"
 
Amaya hid her grin at the way Isamu's face paled when Unohana-taicho didn't deny performing in the nude. He had it bad - though the idea of the beautiful captain naked on stage was interesting. "I agree!" she exclaimed, slurping her strawberry milkshake - it was her reward from the captain for doing such a good job acting crazy. Unohana-taicho had also offered her a free exam as well, that she'd done such a good job acting crazy. "The base sounds good - but I don't know what else we need from them. Do you really think they'll have more information and stuff than we already have?"

Isamu nodded. "They should have more advanced techniques and machinery. I think," he said, starting the car, "we'll be better off with the ruse we used in Karakura." He pulled out of the parking space, turning onto the busy street. "You know, that we're doctors."

The older woman looked at him curiously. "Are you certain, Takeuchi-san? The doctor at the hospital there didn't believe us."

He nodded again. "This time, we both know what sorts of treatments we're looking for - we can just ask them about their different techniques and such." With a smooth gesture, he turned a corner, taking them closer to the district where the American army base was located. "It'll be easier."

The pink-haired girl nodded enthusiastically, then paused. "What'll I dress up as? I didn't get a costume last time." She tilted her head. "I could be a patient again, I guess. I don't think doctors dress like this."

~ ~ ~ ~​

The man in charge of the medical center on the army base had a slightly harried expression and fluffy white hair. Amaya could hardly keep herself from looking back and forth between him and Isamu, trying to find the similarities between the two men. But she sat there, hands in her lap, as she kept herself from staring at the things in the room.

". . . So you see, sir, we're looking for the opportunity to learn more about your medical techniques," Unohana finished up, her lips curving in a smile. "We'd be terribly grateful if you would be willing to let my students and I observe, or even borrow some materials."

The man - his tag said that he was Major Thomas Riley - ran a hand over his hair, trying to smooth the sort-of wild strands, but only making them spread out more wildly. "Well, ma'am, I'd love to accommodate you, but I can't just let civilians watch our operation here. I'd have to get authorization from the higher-ups, and I don't know that it'll happen soon."

The dark-haired woman beamed. "But we have that authorization, Major! And we're not civilians - we're from a very remote base. They stationed us there so that we would blend in with the people better. All three of us are actually American. Right, Takeuchi?"

The half-breed nodded. "Yes, ma'am," he said, then turned to the Major. In English, he said, "I'm from Sacramento, Major. Born and raised."
 
Before the man could comment further, and in the hopes of keeping his reaction from being one of total disbelief, Isamu pushed over a few IDs. "Here's the documentation we've got, Major. We're not asking to see anything sensitive." He was still speaking English, privately wondering how much of this conversation the other two were even following. "We're just looking to do some of the same stuff you've done here in Tokyo; modernize what the hell these people call medicine and make it so they're happy we kicked their butts and took their military away."

The man glanced at the IDs. They were older in form but a lot of things were here. "So this base in the sticks-"

"Not much of a base." He shrugged. "It was put up in the early days of the occupation, back when the plan was to put 'em all over. Before the brass wised up and figured out if you got Tokyo and Kyoto squared away, everything else would fall into place. They built, so they felt they might as well staff it." He shrugged again, "There's maybe two dozen personnel; we're pretty much more of the town clinic than a base anymore."

"Huh." The man looked at the smiling faces of Unohana and Amaya. "What's with these two? They don't speak English do they? And they look like slants, yeah, but not quite."

Isamu had to keep himself from hitting the guy. "Like me, sir. Half-breeds. Their daddies were soldiers who shipped back to the States before they were even born, but they still count as American citizens. Doctors at the base gave him a home and jobs there out of pity."

"I don't know..."

Isamu leaned in, "Come on, Major. Between you and me, you ever see a Japanese girl with a rack like either of these two has?"

The man discreetly, but not as much as he thought, checked out the two women's generous endowment. "...You got a point. All right. Your IDs look good and I don't see the harm." He switched back into Japanese, "Come with me, I'll take you to our hospital here and introduce you to the docs."

Half an hour later, Isamu was lounging by a wall as Unohana walked in the center of a group of doctors, asking and answering questions about various things. The men were all obviously both impressed and curious about this beautiful woman who knew so much medicine but also so little. Amaya was moving around and talking to some of the convalescent soldiers.

As the pink haired beauty beamed at one fellow and them moved off, the man waved Isamu over. "Hey. She said your name was Takeuchi, right?"

"Yeah." Isamu looked down at the pale man. "What of it?"

"I was just wondering if you knew the guy who does all uniforms an' dry cleaning and stuff for the base. His name's Takeuchi too. I was just wondering if you were related." The man shrugged, "You kind of look like him. He's an okay guy for a Jap, hot wife too even if she's a little old. Sends cookies with him for us sometimes."

Isamu's face had gone pale. He leaned over the stricken man. "Is his wife American?" The GI nodded. It couldn't be. But the neighbors had said his parents had moved to...could it be? "What's his first name?"

He was so intent on his questions that he didn't notice that Amaya had not moved very far, certainly within earshot, and her green eyes were speculative.

~~~~~~~​

Four hours later, Isamu and Amaya re-entered the hotel room. Their arms were laden with the last of the supplies that had been purchased from the hospital. More than just medicines, a lot of it was equipment and gear. The two younger shinigami set their armloads of boxes down heavily. "That's the last of it, taichou."

"Thank you both so much." The radiant woman beamed at them, "This day wouldn't have been a success without either of you." Both of them flushed a bit, but looked pleased. "I have a great deal to go through here..."

"We could help, taichou!" Amaya swung her arms wide; nearly knocking over a box of glass jars full of various solutions and vaccines.

Unohana blinked; a series of mental images unfolding in her mind and her eyes went wide. She stood suddenly, smiling once more, "No, no, Kuragari-san! I couldn't! You've done so much already today! And you too, Takeuchi-san!"

"Yeah, but so have you, Unohana-taichou." She crossed the floor towards them rapidly. "Uh, so it's no big deal for us to-"

"Absolutely not! You two have worked hard and you deserve a break, don't you think?" Each of her clever, delicate hands grabbed a young person by the arm and pulled them along to the door to the suite. "You two should go out tonight! Go and do what young people do, have a good time. You don't have to hurry back, I'll be fine here without you. Take as long as you want! Young people stay out even after midnight sometimes, don't they, Takeuchi-san? And you've got plenty of money?"

"Hai, but-" He and Amaya were gently but firmly pushed out into the hallway.

"Wonderful! I'm sure it'll be a great evening, you two have fun!" The door closed.

Isamu looked down at Amaya, the buxom girl returning the look. "Did...we just get kicked out?"

"Hai. Unohana-taichou...she's strong, isn't she?"

"Yeah." Isamu rubbed the back of his neck. Okay then. He looked down at the girl he was secretly falling for. Hell, had fallen for. "I'll tell you what, Kuragari-chan. She's right. We should have a good time."

"You think so?"

"I do. So...how about tonight, we go out on a date?" He blushed, "Uh, you know, a between friends date but like we weren't just trying to be friends but like it was a real date." If only it could be. "Right?"

"...Yes?"
 
Amaya wrapped an arm around Isamu's neck. "Whatever you said, Takeuchi-kun, we'll have a good time tonight!" She beamed. "Can we do whatever normal kids do? Like, dinner, and fly fishing?"

He laughed, a genuinely amused sound. "Normal young people don't go fly fishing, Kuragari-chan. Dinner and dancing, maybe." They walked down the hall, and he glanced down at her with a small smile. "If we had a key to our part of the room, we could get all dressed up."

She reached into the pocket of her coat and slowly pulled out a key. "I have a key!" she said triumphantly. "If we're super quiet, Unohana-taicho will never know we got back inside and changed."

~ ~ ~ ~​

Amaya changed in the bathroom, letting Isamu have the rest of the bedroom they were sharing. She shucked her short dress and jacket and tugged on something she'd bought before they left Karakura - a short, silky dress with a high neckline. Adding a little fun to it, there was a keyhole that showed off the impressive cleavage held inside the bodice. It was a deep green, with a skirt that flared out enough that when she spun, it showed most of the leg it covered, and she grinned at herself when she looked in the mirror.

She tugged on the shoes she'd been wearing - she was comfortable in them now - and stepped out, gathering her hair into a long tail. "I'm ready, Takeuchi-kun," she said softly, stopping as she looked at him. "Oh, my, you look handsome."

He was wearing something similar to what he'd worn before, but the shirt was different - a button down, in a green similar to the color of her dress. "You look . . . amazing," he breathed, looking at her.

She flushed lightly. "Thank you. I'm glad you think so." She finished putting her hair back and smiled at him. "Should we go? And have some dinner! I'm hungry!"
 
"Yeah. Starving." His eyes hadn't left her. God in Heaven, she was gorgeous. He knew she was already, how could you not? But that dress...oh, her long legs. That fitted and bulging top, that missing section that showed off her...fuck. She was so damn hot. He just couldn't stop looking at her.

"Great." Amaya stood there smiling for a few more moments. "Uh, Takeuchi-kun?" He wasn't moving. He was just...looking at her. His eyes were bright and slightly hopeless. She blushed a little deeper. "Takeuchi-kun, you shouldn't stare."

"Huh? Oh, uh, sorry." He managed to recover. "Sorry, Kuragari-chan, but you just look...wow. I'm not going to be the only guy staring at you tonight."

"Hee!" She grabbed his arm and pulled him along, "Then let's go get stared at, I'm hungry!"

~~~~~~~​

"I. Love. Western. Food."

They'd gone to one of the most expensive restaurants in the area; since money wasn't really an object at the moment. It was an Italian restaurant, run by a group of soldiers who'd married Japanese women. The food was genuine Italian, and thus pricey in Japan were many of the ingredients had to be imported, and the portions were ample.

Isamu grinned as he forked up a few pieces of his veal parmigiana and chewed happily for a bit before swallowing. Amaya was tearing into her meal with gusto, each new flavor and foodstuff a wonder to her. An order of stuffed mushrooms had been their appetizer and the chicken carbonara dish that Amaya had ordered seemed to be a true delight to her. "I'm glad you like it, Kuragari-chan."

"Yeah!" She beamed at him, "This was a good idea, Takeuchi-kun." She munched away and swallowed another mouthful. "When we get back to Soul Society, I think I'm going to have to marry you."

Isamu coughed and choked on the sip of wine he'd just taken. He gasped and pounded on his chest. "What did you just..."

"That way, I can make you cook Western food for me all the time," she finished with a wink, sticking her tongue out at him. She laughed as he flushed and gave her a sour look.

Isamu shook his head, "I see. After me for my food, huh? I've heard of gold diggers before but never a food digger." He chuckled and then sighed. "Seriously, Kuragari-chan, I don't know how good of a cook I am, but I'd be willing to make you Western fare when you want it." He'd have to remember to buy a cookbook or two before they left.

"Yay! Arigatou, Takeuchi-kun." She looked down for a moment and then back up at him. "I'd like that. It'd be tasty, but...it would also be a way to see you more often." Her green eyes met his, "Lately, I haven't seen you as much as I used to. I miss you, Takeuchi-kun."

His heart ached. "I've missed you too, Kuragari-chan." He reached across the table and laid one of his hands over hers. "I know I haven't been around and I'm sorry. You're my best friend in the world and I...don't want us to drift apart. I need you, Kuragari-chan."

"Ah, amore!" The waiter was smiling down at them. "Good move, sir."

Amaya jerked her hand back like it had been burned. Isamu turned his head slowly to the man. "...Don't you have somewhere to be?"

~~~~~~~​

They were walking arm in arm down a busy night street. It felt really nice to have her so close and near. She was warm and soft and smelled fantastic. If only it was a real date...

"So what's a "disco" like?" Amaya looked up at him. She was so radiant right now. God, he wanted to just step aside and press her gently against a building and kiss those upturned lips.

He shrugged, "I'm not sure. I know what dance halls were like when I was alive, but...these are a new thing. They play that "disco" music there though." He heard some of it since they'd been here. He wasn't sure what to think, really. It was just...weird.

"I bet it'll be great!" She giggled, "Think there'll be any slow dances?"

"Uh..."

They turned the corner before he could answer and were momentarily overwhelmed by a barrage of sound and light. The store on the corner had a large open front and within were a number of standing machines. Some of them he recognized, pinball machines, skeeball, but there were others...and they were the ones making all the noise.

"Uwaa...what's that place, Takeuchi-kun?" Amaya's eyes were bright.

"The sign says...Arcade." He blinked, "I don't know what that means." He looked over the place again. "I recognize some of those games, but..."

"Games? Oooh, let's go play!"
 
The little car sped down the road, faster and faster. And then . . . the road curved, but the car didn't. The crash was impressive, the sounds loud and almost booming despite the tinny speakers. "Awwww! I crashed it again!" Amaya pouted as the screen showed the top scores again - not one of which was hers. "I guess it's for the best that you're driving, Takeuchi-kun. I'd crash us into a wall or something."

They'd tried their hands at "Night Driver", as the game was called, and he'd done better by far. They'd also played some skeeball, waiting for the crowds around the 'video games' to thin a little, and they'd done equally well there. "Oooh, look! Space Invaders! I wonder what that one's like!"

As Amaya ran over to the newly vacated machine, she looked over her shoulder. "Come on, Takeuchi-kun! If we don't hurry, we won't get a turn!" She didn't notice how the clientele in the arcade, almost exclusively male and young, were standing aside to let her get to the machine. And staring as she ran.

"Right," he said softly, watching her bounce up to the machine and feed it a few coins. "Well, I might not," he muttered, walking up behind her to watch. She seemed to have a knack for the controls of games like this - her spectacular failures at Night Driver notwithstanding - and it would be easy to see how it was supposed to work by watching her.

The game started up, and she started to play. "So they come down, and I shoot 'em . . . no problem!" After a few shots, however, things got harder. "Ugh! Now they're moving faster! No fair!" But she kept playing, her hands moving faster and faster.

An hour and a roll of coins later, she sighed. "I give up! This game is sooooo hard!" She turned around, leaning against it. "What should we do next, Takeuchi-kun?" Then she stopped. "I'm sorry, I should have thought! Did you want to play?"
 
"Takeuchi-kun?" She blinked. The tall American was absent from where he'd been watching her. She'd felt his eyes on her for a long time while she'd been playing. Of course, he'd been looking at her all night...which made her feel happy and tingly. She stepped away from the machine, "Where'd he go?"

"Uh, your boyfriend's over there, miss," a young man offered. He was sweating profusely, his eyes fixed on the keyhole of her dress. "He went to play Donkey Kong."

"Oh, a farm game? Neat! Thanks!" She smiled at him and the man smiled back weakly, waving a little as she flounced around the corner.

Isamu was standing in front of another machine, this one with a large cartoon gorilla on the back menacing a short, pudgy man in overalls and a red shirt. Behind them both, a brown haired woman in a frilly dress looked scared. He was tapping buttons and jerking a stick, eyes fixed on the screen. "Who the hell keeps giving this damn monkey barrels anyway?"

Amaya bopped up, "Ta-ke-uchi-kun!" She sang each syllable of his name, smiling happily. It was good to see him having fun. She looked in on the screen. "What's this game like? Wow! Jump, Takeuchi-kun! Don't let that ape get you!"

He grinned, "You're the best cheerleader a guy could ask for, Kuragari-chan. Now if I could just get you to wear the outfit..."

"Huh?"

~~~~~~~​

They walked out of the arcade an hour later, having run out of coins. Both were smiling though, "That was a good decision, Kuragari-chan. I had a lot more fun than I thought."

"Hai! Video games are a lot of fun!" She looked up at him. "I'm having a really good time, Takeuchi-kun." She winked, "If this were a real date, you'd have a pretty decent chance of a happy ending to the night."

He laughed, "Pretty decent? I can do better than that." He took her hand, "Come on, Kuragari-chan. If you liked the arcade, you'll love the amusement park."

~~~~~~~​

It was called "Coney Island Happy Fun Land of Golden Joy." The name might have been off but they had the rest of it right. Everything was brightly lit up and barkers called from stalls of games. Rides were all about them; people yelling and screaming as they went past. There was a massive carousel in the middle of it all and at the very edge, near the water, a tall Ferris wheel whose sides were done up with neon lights to illuminate in different patterns and shapes.

"Wow! It's so...it's like a festival!" Amaya gawked here and there. "What should we do first?"

"First?" A natty voice cut in. "Well, young lady, the answer's easy. First time in the park and such a pretty girl, a pretty girl needs a prize, wouldn't you agree? A prize for a pretty girl, yes sir." The barker was wearing an outfit that looked like it came from an old vaudeville routine, including the long and waxed moustache, despite being Japanese.

"A prize? You bet, I'll win it for sure!" Amaya clenched her fist, "How do I win?"

"Now you, little lady. The young man's got to win the prize for the pretty girl. You, sir, think you can give this young lady the prize she deserves?"

"You bet he can! Go and do it, Takeuchi-kun!" Amaya pushed Isamu forward, "Go! Fight! WIN!"

"...Cheerleader, all right." He grinned a bit sheepishly, "All right, what do you got?"

The man stepped into a booth, "Throw the balls and knock down the bottles. Easy as pie, empty glass bottles, solid rubber ball, no sweat, no task at all, I assure you." He gestured to the top of the booth which was festooned with brightly colored stuffed animals of varying sizes. "Each set knocked down you move up a prize rank, yes sir, indeed."

Isamu looked at the animals. He felt like he was at a county fair back home. "All right, Kuragari-chan. To celebrate my primate dominance," he pointed at a stuffed monkey that was probably about three feet high, "you're getting the cuddly monkey."

He almost felt bad as the barker handed him the balls. He knew the game was rigged; all these games were. But Isamu could cheat too. Being a shinigami, he was beyond any human.

The barker grinned. He could milk this kid for a while, he was a proud one. "A bold declaration, sir! He's calling his shot, folks! What'll happen if he doesn't make it? Will he break this beautiful young girl's heart?"

They walked away from the booth five minutes later. Amaya was holding the huge monkey stuffed animal in front of her. She giggled, "You weren't very fair, Takeuchi-kun. You really wanted to win, huh?"

"Well, these games are set up to make you fail, so...yeah, I did." He grinned, "Besides, I wanted to win you a prize." He flushed a little, "You know, it's a...it's kind of a date thing where I'm from. It's...a sign that, you know, you...like a girl."

"It is?" She smiled. Could that mean that he...? Then she smirked, "So...should we go back so you can win one for Unohana-taichou?"

"Kuragari-chan!"

"Hee!"
 
With a squeal, Amaya threw her arms around Isamu's neck. "Eeeek!" How she managed to hold on to the stuffed monkey while she was clinging to Isamu was anyone's guess, but the roller coaster they were on has gone into a drop, which startled her into the hug. But it felt so nice that, when the ride was over, she didn't want to let go.

But they had to separate to get off the ride, so her arms slipped from around his neck reluctantly, gathering up the monkey as they exited the ride. "What next, Takeuchi-kun? This place is a blast!" She couldn't remember when she'd had so much fun. They'd bought some cotton candy - the same color at her hair - and something called a 'corndog', a sausage wrapped in a coarse batter that was salty and semi-sweet and totally delicious.

He looked at her beaming face, arms still wrapped around the prize he'd won her, and sighed a little. "Well, we could . . . go on the carousel?" That would be temptation. That skirt, and her straddling a wooden horse . . . it almost made his mouth water thinking about it.

"Oooh! That'd be great!" She beamed at him and slipped one of her arms into his. "Come on, let's go!" The happy music and bright lights had been drawing her eye every time they came close to it, and she'd been longing to get a closer look at the painted horses.

It was only a matter of time before they reached the head of the line for the carousel, and were close enough to see that it wasn't a traditionally themed carousel. The 'horses' on this one weren't horses at all; rather, they were an assortment of exotic animals. Lions, tigers, giraffes, and zebras all ran an endless race with each other.

Amaya dashed onto the platform, excited to be able to ride a lion, even if it was only a wooden one. She hopped up onto her selected lion with ease, her skirt riding up to expose more of her thighs than was strickly decorous as Isamu walked more sedately over to the tiger that was next to her choice.

He mounted his steed with equal ease, smiling as he looked at her. "Kuragari-chan, I'll have to buy you a pet lion when we get back home," he said. "So you can have one to ride wherever you go." It wouldn't be nearly as evocative when she was in her uniform, but it would certainly turn heads.

She laughed. "That was be great, Takeuchi-kun! I'd love that!" One finger went to her lips. "But I don't think we'll have much luck finding a lion in Soul Society. Oh!" The ride started, and her hands went to the pole that anchored the lion to the twin circles of ceiling and floor.

~ ~ ~ ~​

"That wasn't very fast, but it was fun!" Amaya skipped along the boardwalk, her eyes twinkling in the bright lights of the rides and games. "Let's see . . . oooh, can we ride that next?"

Isamu's eyes followed her finger, then nodded. "Sure, we can go on the Ferris wheel. It's a lot like the carousel, but it goes up and down instead of around." It would also be incredibly romantic, seeing so much of Tokyo from so high up. With her.

"It looks like it's neat," she said, watching as they got closer to the large wheel. "I'm glad I'm not afraid of heights, though."

Within a moment, they were tucked inside one of the gondolas, the monkey sitting across the little cabin from them. The door shut and they started to move, Amaya cooing at the way the horizon seemed to drop beneath them. "Ara! Takeuchi-kun, everything looks so cool from this angle!"

"Wait til we get to the top," he said, trying to look out the window as well as at her. "It'll look amazing from up there."
 
Isamu leaned back against the wall of the gondola. Amaya was leaning forward and gazing out the window with rapt attention. Her eyes were wide and bright and her smile was the kind that made a man fall in love. "Beautiful, Kuragari-chan."

"It really is." She leaned back a bit and looked over at him. She flushed a little, noting that he was really looking more at her than out the window, and took the opportunity of taking a long slurp on the straw if the big cup of lemonade she'd made him buy before they got on the Ferris Wheel. "...You are talking about the view, right, Takeuchi-kun?"

He smiled. "Both of them." Her blush made him feel terrific. She made him feel terrific. All the weights he carried, all the anger and frustration, the loneliness, all of it was so much less when he was around her. He'd noticed it before but never given it much thought. Perhaps he should have. Perhaps it meant...

"Arigatou, Takeuchi-kun," she said softly. They looked out the window together as the gondola moved again; raising higher and higher, to the very apex of colossal steel structure. "Oh," her breath caught in her chest. Behind her, she could feel Isamu moving close to look out as well.

"Wow." It was like all of Tokyo was laid out before them. It all seemed both close and distant; the brilliant lights of downtown fading into the merrily beaming gleam of residental areas. The quick, little, firefly like headlights of cars danced and streamed over the ribbon-like roads and highways; rings of lights and motion around the towers of downtown. "It's really...something, isn't it?"

"I never knew a city could look like this," Amaya answered with a slow nod. "It's so busy and full and loud but from up here..."

"It's peaceful and quiet. And beautiful."

She giggled, "You're using that word a lot, Takeuchi-kun."

He smiled, "It comes to mind when you're with me, Kuragari-chan."

She looked back and almost bumped her head into his. He was so close. She blinked up at him. He was so handsome and so exotic looking. And so sweet and brave. So strong. "Takeuchi-kun..." Their eyes met and held each other. She licked her lips, parting them slightly in questions, leaning forward ever so slightly. Her hands were loose around her cup, the beverage forgotten.

"Kuragari-chan, I..." God, he had to. He just had to kiss her. Isamu leaned in and she flushed but didn't move away. Her eyes were bright and eager, his warm and open. Her eyes closed. Their lips pursed as they moved close. He felt her sweet breath on his lips...

"Hai, Takeuchi-ku-Uuwwwaa!" There was a slight lurch as the Ferris Wheel shifted into motion again and the gondola swayed. Amaya was caught off balance and threw herself back off of the seat and onto the floor. Her hands flew up and the lemonade with flying-

The paper cup bursting as it struck Isamu in the face, drenching him in ice, lemons, and lemonade. "Gah!" He rose to his feet, only to be knocked back across the cabin by the swinging of the gondola and slammed on his butt on the far end of their side of the cabin. He sat there a moment; his brain processing what had just happened. They were going to...and then...it...FUCK! He took a deep breath. "...Are you okay, Kuragari-chan?"

"I think so, but where did-oh!" She had managed to get up, only now seeing the fruity sugar water sopping Isamu. "Oh, no! Gomen, Takeuchi-kun! I'm so sorry!"

"It's nothing, Kuragari-chan." It just figured. All that build-up and...fuck you, universe. It just wasn't ever going to happen, was it? "Accidents happen."

"But-"

"It's fine," he almost snapped. She nodded and sat down next to the cuddly monkey. He felt sorry for what he'd said almost immediately. He shouldn't be mad at her. He was, but he shouldn't be. She hadn't done it on purpose, any of it. "It's okay, really, Kuragari-chan. Things like that happen. Besides, it's still a good night, right?"

He was amazed that he was able to keep almost all of the bitterness he felt out of his voice.

"Yes, it is." She looked back out the window, not sure what to say or do now.

Isamu sighed and looked out the window on the gondola's other side. Well...just fucking great. Now he felt worse than...he just couldn't win.

~~~~~~~​

He hadn't let her take his arm on the way back. He was still wet in a lot of places, damp in the rest, and sticky and sugary all over. Her dress was too nice to ruin, he'd said, and he had meant it. He would love to see her in it again, he told her, and he meant that too.

But it was also because he felt disgusting and like he'd been slapped in the face. Right now, he just wasn't sure he could bear to have her touch him.

Amaya opened the door to their part of the suite quietly. She crept into the room with the cuddly monkey and looked around. There was no sound from the room beyond. Unohana was either in her bedroom still working or asleep. "Coast's clear, Takeuchi-kun," she whispered.

He came into the room slowly and awkwardly, his wet in places, dry in places clothes sticking to him and flexing strangely. "Thanks." He sighed. God, he felt terrible. It had been such a good night and now...he felt cheated. "...Go ahead and change and do whatever in the bathroom, Kuragari-chan. I'll be a while cleaning up once I get in there, so...when you're done, don't wait up."
 
Amaya was about to say that he could go first, but decided that if he wanted to be a gentleman, she probably shouldn't argue. "All right, Takeuchi-kun. I'll be as quick as I can." She set the monkey he'd won for her on the bed and dashed into the bathroom, slipping her shoes off before she got into the smaller room.

It didn't take very long - she slipped off the dress and washed her face before wrapping herself in one of the plush white robes that was hanging on the door. Amaya was glad there were two, so that way, Isamu would have something to wear that was comfy as well. She opened the door and stepped out, tightening the knot of the belt on the robe as she stepped out. "It's all yours, Takeuchi-kun. There's another comfy robe like this one in there for you, too."

Isamu tried to smile, and almost succeeded. "Thanks, Kuragari-chan." He headed for the bathroom, walking stiffly.

She sat back down on her bed, tucking her legs underneath her body, and sighed. It had been such a good night, and then . . . her clumsiness had ruined it. Flopping over sideways, Amaya hugged the monkey to her chest. "Maybe we'll get another chance to have a good night," she whispered to the stuffed simian. Even if they did, she'd probably trip or drop something and ruin it again.

Amaya yawned, stretching one arm out as she did. It had been a long day, full of ups and downs - and not just the Ferris wheel kind. She'd wanted to wait up until Isamu was done in the bathroom, but she was so tired. Maybe she could just close her eyes for a minu . . . .

~ ~ ~ ~​

When Isamu opened the bathroom door again, he felt better. Not good, really, but at least he wasn't covered in lemonade anymore. His hair was wet, hanging around his ears, and his body was wrapped in the other robe that had been in the bathroom. Amaya was right - they were very comfortable.

He felt more like himself, and wanted to talk to her about what had happened, but from the sound of it . . . Isamu walked quietly over to the bed where she lay. She was asleep. Her face was peaceful, and almost too beautiful as she lay on her side, sleeping with her arms wrapped around the stuffed monkey. The split in the robe revealed one long, smooth leg all the way to the thigh, and he looked away. If it wasn't supposed to be - and it clearly wasn't, given how things never worked out - he didn't want to see.

Sighing, the half-breed turned toward the door to the rest of the suite. Maybe he'd sit on the balcony and look out at the city again, trying to find the beauty he'd seen earlier. It might not work, but it might tire him out enough that he'd be able to sleep without thinking about her lying in the next bed, so close and still so out of reach.

Isamu shut the door carefully behind himself, trying not to let the latch make any noise. Just because he couldn't sleep didn't mean that Amaya shouldn't rest uninterrupted. As quietly as he could, he padded over to the doors leading onto the balcony and opened them, stepping out into the night. This high up, Tokyo was relatively quiet, the bustling noise of the streets far enough below to be softened. He sighed, and leaned against the railing.

"Why so heavy a sigh, Takeuchi-san?" a gentle voice said from behind him, and he almost jumped over the railing in surprise.

"Ah, Unohana-taicho!" He flushed. "I didn't think you were still awake." It took effort not to stare - she was wearing the same robe as he was, but hers didn't seem to close nearly as well. It showed a heart-breaking amount of cleavage, and as she walked over to where he stood, it showed off an enticing amount of leg. He shouldn't think about his captain like that . . . of course, it wasn't the first time he had, and probably wouldn't be the last.
 
She smiled at him as he stared for another moment before averting his eyes. "There's so much to read and consider," she answered as she stepped out on the balcony beside him. "And the more I do, the more excited I become about how much we'll be able to do for Soul Society when we return."

Isamu felt a moment of shame. She was toiling away for the good of everyone and he was feeling sorry for himself because he couldn't have the girl he wanted. It made him feel small. "You'll reinvent medicine there, taichou," he said. "We'll have a lot more healthy and living shinigami in the years to come because of your dedication."

She looked over at him and he strained to keep his eyes from following her robe as it plunged and parted to expose tantalizing expanses of her breasts. "I have been dedicated but it hadn't been enough. Anything we do, you will have made possible, Takeuchi-san. I don't know that you appreciate what this means to Soul Society. Or to me." Her hand moved to rest on his and she felt him start. His hand was warm and she could feel the strength in it. "Now, what is wrong? Did you and Kuragari-san not have a good time tonight? It was an order," she teased.

He chuckled nervously. She was...why was she...God, her hand was so soft! "We had a great time, actually. The whole night went really well until the end..." He shouldn't say it. She didn't want to hear it, he was sure. "Kuragari-chan and I...more than once we've gotten close to...something between us. But just when we do, something gets in the way. It happened that way tonight and I guess it's left me feeling like..."

"You can't win?" He nodded and Unohana looked out at the city. "I know that feeling." Jushiro-kun and his illness. "That no matter what you do or how hard you try, the whole world is aligned against it. I felt that way for a long time."

"This trip has made me feel like that even more in some ways," Isamu sighed. "I felt that this was my home, this world, but it isn't. And my home isn't Soul Society. I'm going to make enough waves, I have with some people already, that I'm always going to be seen as an outsider and a troublemaker. And part of me says that's good, but..."

"It would be nice to win for once, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah."

Her glorious eyes fell on him. "You know what it feels like now, to be a healer. In the end, we always lose. Death is our opponent and will always triumph. We can keep him at bay for a year or ten years or a hundred years, but not forever." She gave his hand a squeeze. "That is how I felt until you came, Takeuchi-san."

"What?" He looked at her, his expression shocked. "What do you...I haven't done anything, taichou."

She smiled. "Yes, you have. Your new ideas, your energy, they woke me up. Have you forgotten what I said on he train?" He blushed and shook his head. "Good. All of that is still true. Isamu-san."

God. Hearing her use his first name was just...wow. He couldn't help but smile foolishly. "I hadn't forgotten, really. But it doesn't feel like a win right now."

"I know." She nodded. "On the train I said there was something else you did for me that I am happy for. That we would talk about once we got here. Do you recall?" He nodded. "That thing, Isamu-san, was the way you looked at me when you saw me tonight." He blushed brightly and her smile was dazzling. "You were the first person in a long time to see me not just as a captain, as a symbol or an icon, but as a woman. I had forgotten what it felt like to be...admired and desired."

"Unohana-taichou, I...didn't mean any disrespect to you." She knew he...fuck! But she didn't seem mad. What was going on here?

She ignored his statement. "I hadn't felt feminine in probably a hundred years. I've started to enjoy being a woman again and it feels wonderful. I can't believe I ever got so out of touch with it, with myself." Her eyes were warm as they held his. "I like that you look at me that way, Isamu-san. I feel beautiful when you do."

"You are beautiful, taichou," he answered. "You have to know that."

"I do. But you made me feel it for the first time in quite a while." Her smile became a bit impish. "Which allowed me...let others look at me that way. To even consider that part of life again. And I have." Unohana turned to face him. "In all ways but one."

Isamu felt...something. A sudden warm weight. Something was going to happen. "What do you mean?"

"I've remembered what it's like to be admired by men and women, to be beautiful, to wear lovely clothes and be sexy. I've remembered what it is to...enjoy the touch of another woman." He let out a low groan, he just couldn't help it! "And I have wanted the touch of a man."

"Unohana-taichou..."

"Retsu," she corrected. "Only for tonight, Isamu-san. But Retsu." She smiled at his thunderstruck expression and all that it might mean. "In two days, we will be back in Soul Society. I will be busier than I have been in five centuries and you will be in another Squad. This time will be the only chance I have for what I want right now for the foreseeable future." She stepped forward and her arms slid around his neck and she pressed herself to him. Her head rested on his shoulder; her warmth radiating through him. He could feel her plush breasts pillowing against his body. "What I want right now is a man's touch. Your touch, Isamu-san."

He couldn't speak. He just...there weren't any words that he could use to...she...this impossibly lovely, sexy, brilliant, caring woman wanted him? Him? "Uno...Retsu-san." His arms slid about her waist and he held her tight. God, she felt like a miracle.

"Your arms are strong," she murmured. "As I imagined." A hand lifted to tilt his head up so she could look up into his face. "Do you still feel like you can't win?" Her eyes sparkled, her tone gently chiding.

"I don't think I'll ever feel that way again," he answered. Then, the night time splendor of Tokyo rolling out beneath them, the city quiet and peaceful and beautiful, he kissed her. She tasted sweet yet refined; like a perfectly aged wine and her lips were plush and soft.

Their lips parted and she looked up at him from under her lashes. "Come to bed, Isamu-san." She turned and went back into the main room heading towards her bedroom. At the door, she paused and looked back at him with those magical eyes; warm and desirous. "Please?"

He walked to her as if drawn by a magnet; absently pulling the sliding door to the balcony closed behind him. He followed her into the room, one hand pushing the door shut behind them as the other slipped about her waist to pull her back against him for another kiss.
 
Unohana gently pushed Isamu back down onto the bed, her legs on either side of his. "I hope you'll forgive me for being so bold," she said teasingly. "It's been quite some time since I've done this."

One of her hands went to the waist of Isamu's robe, untying the belt there deftly even as her other hand undid the loose knot she'd tied in hers. As the pieces of cloth came loose, she let her hand slip between the folds of his robe, stroking over his chest. "Oh, Isamu-san . . . such a nice, healthy body."

His breath hissed out. "Thank you," he managed, his hands slipping up to touch her waist through the robe again. "Retsu-san, you feel . . . I never imagined . . . ."

She laughed softly, a silvery sound, before slipping her robe from her shoulders. Her body was pale in the dim light, her breasts barely covered by a lacy black bra, a pair of tiny panties covering the juncture of her legs. "You haven't even seen the best of it," she breathed, leaning forward to kiss him, her breasts in their silken cage pillowing against his chest.

As their lips met, Isamu moaned, feeling the warm press of her body against his. This . . . he'd dreamed of this, and it was better than he'd even dreamed. Those generous breasts, tantalizingly hidden by her bra, pressing against him . . . felt like heaven. The kiss went on, his arms tightening around her smooth waist, pulling that wonderfully formed body more tightly against him.
 
He loved these feelings. Retsu's lush body against him, so plush and soft. Her warmth seeping into and through him. Her hands exploring his body boldly. Her lips meeting his; sweet yet bold. Her taking charge was also...incredibly heady. With the other girls he'd been with, he'd always taken the lead and the initiative. Surrendering it to her was...powerful.

The kiss broke and she licked her lips. "Such a young, strong body, Isamu-san. And all mine." For tonight, at least. It was almost a pity that it couldn't be more but it would be better this way. And neither of them would be left wondering what if.

"H-hai, Retsu-san. Yours for the taking." Isamu leaned up to kiss her again, savoring her feel and taste. The ageless beauty giggled against his lips before returning the pressure. Her tongue touched his lips and then slipped past as he parted them; delving into him.

She squirmed against him and he moaned into her mouth. He was so responsive! She felt...amazing. These reactions just made her feel so sexy and gorgeous. She leaned up; seated on him, straddling his body. She lifted her arms up over her head, her breasts pushed out slightly, pulling the pins holding her hair in place. It feel like a midnight blue glory down her back, locks spilling over her shoulders and down her breasts, framing her face.

Isamu stared up at her for a moment as she looked down at him with those glorious eyes. "God in Heaven..." He shook his head, "Retsu-san, you're so beautiful. So sexy that it's criminal."

"Show me, Isamu-san," she whispered with a twinkle in the depths of her warm eyes.

He sat up slowly, his arms sliding about her waist and up her back. His lips pressed to her jaw just below her ear and she sighed happily. Soft, pleased moans slipped from her as he kissed down her jawline to her neck. "God, your skin is so perfect," he murmured. "Soft and warm and flawless, so smooth." His lips pressed to her neck, slowly kissing down the expanse.

Retsu leaned back a bit, one hand threading fingers through his hair, the other slipping low to caress his thighs. "Mmm...your kisses are like sweet fire."

He grinned and shivered; it was still madness that she was saying this. That he was here with her in this way. So impossible. So miraculous. He dipped his head lower and kissed the soft, plush flesh of one perfect breast. Unohana gasped and moaned as he began to worship her tit; kissing and licking the sumptous flesh. His mouth skirted along the cup of her bra, playfully grabbing and tugging at it before he moved to her other breast.

"Isamu-san, you naughty boy, you like my breasts?" He moaned an "mm-hmm" into her tit, not pausing in his oral exploration of it. She smiled. "You want to have all of them, don't you?" He nodded, looking up at her with hungry eyes. She shivered, her hands twisting behind her back. These garments were new to Soul Society but she predicted they'd become popular very quickly. She fumbled a moment before finding the catch and releasing it.

He leaned back as he felt her bra give way. "Retsu-san..." He licked his lips as she pushed her arms forward and let the bra slide down them, her arms crossing over her torso to hide her bare breasts from his eyes. Then she leaned back a bit and spread her arms to her side. "Oh...Oh, God...perfect..." Her breasts were large and full; round and lush; high and pert despite her age. Her nipples were rosy pink and hard. "...I want to..."

"Do it," she agreed.

The younger shinigami leaned forward and pressed his face in-between her breasts. A delicate hand moved to the sides of each and pressed them against him; rubbing her tits over and on his face. Isamu turned his head to the right and opened his mouth. She guided him to one nipple and moaned as he began to suckle eagerly. "Oh, Isamu-san...that's a good, good boy..."
 
With a groan, Retsu stroked his hair gently, taking in the feeling of Isamu's mouth on her breasts. He had clearly done this before, and she liked how sure he was in what he was doing as well as how warm and wet his mouth was, the feeling of his tongue slipping around her nipples. "Mmm, Isamu-san," she cooed, looking down at his lust-bright golden eyes. "That feels so good," she breathed, her own eyes half-closed in pleasure.

When he finally pulled back from her breasts, his mouth coming away with a soft popping sound, she leaned forward again, pressing their lips together briefly. "I think," she said with a wicked little smile, "it's time for me to see all of your gorgeous body." Her fingers delved between them, pushing the robe the rest of the way open. She could feel, of course, his arousal against her body already, muffled through the robe and her panties; and she knew what he looked like naked, though she hadn't studied him the way Isane had.

His body exposed - save for where she was straddling him - Retsu smiled down at him, surveying her prize. Isamu looked back, his face filled with desire. "I hope you like it," he said softly, flushing a little - saying that felt like something a virgin would say. But he did hope she liked it - he wanted her to enjoy this, wanted to know that she wanted him because she wanted him, not because . . . he was here.

"Mmmm, of course I do," she said, licking her lips as her hands slipped over his chest and shoulders. Her hands slid down to his waist, just brushing where her thighs were around his hips. "But this isn't all of it, I think."
 
Back
Top