Beta Reader

You also have to be a pretty cool person, because I'm an odd nut who doesn't like to be told they need to make a change.

I hope you're being sarcastic. The entire point of a beta reader is to find out what you should consider changing. This sounds like you're more interested in a fluffer who will puff up your ego.

If you're just being silly/sarcastic, then that's cool and best of luck to you. If you're being serious, then I don't know what to tell you. This is like a guy ranting at a bar that he wants the most potent whiskey they serve, "but it better not get me drunk!"
 
Just looking for someone I get along with.

Edit: Your comment is rude for no reason and seeing as I'm not looking for a fight, please don't pick one with me.

Since you're the only response, you up for a job that pays nothing?

Not looking to pick a fight with anybody, just pointing out that your request came off as very illogical. Beta readers are there to point out what works and what doesn't. To say you want a beta reader, but hate people suggesting changes, sounds like, "I want gushing fans." That may not be what you're going for, but it's how it comes across. One girl's opinion, nothing less.

I already have a job that pays nothing. I write here. :D
 
And my first story didn't get shit. People read it, but didn't talk about it and that hurt.

Even when you have a following and a body of work you might expect maybe 1% of your Views to turn into a Score. The number of people who Fave you or a story will be a smaller fraction again, and the number who leave Comments even fewer (and the nature of the comments will definitely depend on the quality of the story, good or bad).

You're coming from behind with a story about a junky on an erotica site, I would have thought. Possibly not most people's idea of a good time. Readers could be backing out before they get to the end.

If the only reason to write incest is to get views, that might not be the wisest strategy. You run the risk of pandering to an invisible audience, and not writing what you want (need) to write. It will show in your writing, badly, I would think. Ask yourself why you are writing...
 
Back
Top