ISIS and Yazidis Crisis

1) I guess because we were the ones who originally destabilized the area so we need to "fix" it.

2) Iraq has lots and lots of oil.

We had the country stabilized. The prez surrendered the gains which led to this problem. This isn't going away. We'll be dealing with these people for a long time.

In addition to those facts, tens of thousands of people are being killed. Innocent people. We could have helped but as usual, the indecisiveness of our leader has led to further problems as the article outlines.

You libs with the oil chatter. Quite entertaining. Why didn't we just keep it while we were there? No, it went back to the Iraqis.

We had the country stabilized. The prez surrendered the gains which led to this problem. This isn't going away. We'll be dealing with these people for a long time.

In addition to those facts, tens of thousands of people are being killed. Innocent people. We could have helped but as usual, the indecisiveness of our leader has led to further problems as the article outlines.

You libs with the oil chatter. Quite entertaining. Why didn't we just keep it while we were there? No, it went back to the Iraqis.

If it was stabilized, it would have stayed stable when we left.

How do you keep oil when you leave? Do you know how international oil markets work?

If it was stabilized, it would have stayed stable when we left.

How do you keep oil when you leave? Do you know how international oil markets work?

It was stable. But a status of forces agreement was necessary to maintain the gains. We STILL have one in place in Korea. We had one in place in other countries as well for decades. If we had one in Iraq, ISIS wouldn't exist.

On the oil, exactly my point. We didn't take the oil. It's on the international market controlled by Iraq with proceeds staying in Iraq. So what was your point in the first place?

Yeah I know exactly how they work. Raw crude is useless stuff unless it is refined, and there are only two countries in the world with refining technology of scale that works - the USA and Russia.

No oil can be sold on any market, nor even shipped in any part of the Western World without an ARAMCO number which is assigned only with the explicit approval of a division inside the US Department of State. The joint venture between the United States and Saudi Arabia spells out that Saudi Arabia are never to use any refining technology (nor break out of the ARAMCO system) other than US refining technology.

The regulatory framework of the ARAMCO system means that only US refining technology is now used inside Iraq. And Iraq can only export refined oil using the ARAMCO framework agreements.

ISIS and ISIL are highly suspect organisations, because they are only blowing up refineries that were built using Iranian technology brought in by Maliki - who is about to be given the sack by the US.

Not only that, weapons sales to 'protect' Iraq and everyone else from ISIS/ISIL, are all purchased exclusively from the 'international community,' i.e. the USA, France, the UK and a few other tin-pot hangers on.

It's a genius scheme. With only one flaw.

But we'll let you watch and see what that is.

Humanitarian crises occur in the world on a sadly regular basis.

I'm still tryin' to figure out here why the ISIS/Yazidis crisis merits the United States acting as the world's policeman again here.

I'm still tryin' to figure out here why the IDF/Hamas crisis merits endless debate on Lit acting as the world's mediator again here.

You just don't like a cracker in the Speakership.

I'm still tryin' to figure out here why the IDF/Hamas crisis merits endless debate on Lit acting as the world's mediator again here.

Hard to define why some people hate Jews, but they do. Trust me, if ISIS was a Jewish hate group, the boards, and the media would be ablaze.

Hard to define why some people hate Jews, but they do. Trust me, if ISIS was a Jewish hate group, the boards, and the media would be ablaze.

I don't see anyone on here advocating the extermination of radical Jews. The craziest thing I've seen advocated is that Israel should grant a state to the Arabs within negotiated borders of Gaza and the WB.

You just don't like a cracker in the Speakership.

Well from what I've seen. You get involved because children are getting their heads cut off. Who gives a fuck if it was wrong or right for us. We'll figure that out later.

Same question and you can see it all over this thread. If they are we, how can anyone sit ideally by an watch it unfold? Whens the last time we cared about our neighbor? The day after 911, I guess history does have to repeat itself because we are debating over topics that are childish. Who cares, who did what. If the facts are children loosing their heads, then everyone needs to rethink their position.

Well from what I've seen. You get involved because children are getting their heads cut off. Who gives a fuck if it was wrong or right for us. We'll figure that out later.

Same question and you can see it all over this thread. If they are we, how can anyone sit ideally by an watch it unfold? Whens the last time we cared about our neighbor? The day after 911, I guess history does have to repeat itself because we are debating over topics that are childish. Who cares, who did what. If the facts are children loosing their heads, then everyone needs to rethink their position.

Because a lot of the solutions being proposed will make it worse in the long run. Like overthrowing Hussein made things worse in the long run, for Iraqis and for us.

I don't see anyone on here advocating the extermination of radical Jews. The craziest thing I've seen advocated is that Israel should grant a state to the Arabs within negotiated borders of Gaza and the WB.

That would kill the Likkud ("warmonger") party in Israel.

Because a lot of the solutions being proposed will make it worse in the long run. Like overthrowing Hussein made things worse in the long run, for Iraqis and for us.

Things would have been so much better if he had been able to walk all over Kuwait unchecked.

Yep.

i was twelve living out in the middle of nowhere taking showers in well water that smelled like fertilizer, so yeah, not a big fan of 1990.

It was stable. But a status of forces agreement was necessary to maintain the gains. We STILL have one in place in Korea. We had one in place in other countries as well for decades. If we had one in Iraq, ISIS wouldn't exist.

On the oil, exactly my point. We didn't take the oil. It's on the international market controlled by Iraq with proceeds staying in Iraq. So what was your point in the first place?

======================

It was only stable because we had invaded, and continued to occupy the country. Anyone that thought this wasn't gonna happen when we complied with:

snip:

Republicans claim the reason the President is now having to take action in Iraq is because he failed to leave American troops in Iraq in perpetuity, but that is blatantly false. First, as the President explained yesterday, George W. Bush signed the Status of Forces agreement with Iraq to extract American combat forces, and second, the democratically-elected sovereign Iraqi government and people told Americans to get out and stay out; and who can blame them? There was no religious war when Saddam was in power, and for all intents and purposes Iraqi Christians, Sunnis, Shia, and Kurdish members of the Yazidi faith lived in relative peace; something America’s invasion and decade-long occupation destroyed both in Iraq and neighboring Syria.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/10/bush-president-obama-fixing-damage-neo-cons-iraq.html

is completely out of their mind. Iraq has never been "stable". They've been fighting over there for a thousand years. Unfortunately, our previous president felt he could change all that... at the cost of nearly 5000 american soldiers and trillions of dollars. He left a massive problem, one that is not fixable... blaming Obama is pure idiocy.

You should round up your family, vette and his, miles and his, Ish and his...etc etc etc and get on over there and give YOUR lives....instead of sitting in the comfort of your abode running your lips about what others should do.

yanno?

Back