Bonds of Paper (closed for Mayu)

Damien started with Bella's calves and then worked his way to the soles of her feet with long, slow, motions. "I don't know yet. I just want to get out of high school. I was thinking about going for me GED but Jared said that it would look like I was more committed if I actually finished with high GPA so that's what I'm going for. I guess, if I could write any future for myself, I'd write songs for a living. Not that I'd be the star, but the guy behind the music. You know?" He winced, as if worried Bella might not understand what he was trying to explain.
 
She heard what Damien said and smiled "Jared just wants what's best for you Damien, you may not have blood family around but you have the two of us, your in our little family now. And I do know what you mean, I wanted to write music perhaps even sing my own music once in a while. I did it for a few months but then when I found out I was pregnant I just went to go get another job, so I write music more as a hobby now then anything else. So I do know what you mean, people thinking that your dreams are just dreams and will never go any where, my ex never had faith in me"
 
Damien nodded and move to massage her ankles, "Did you know the school's current fine arts teacher is leaving?" he thought about that for a moment shrugged, "I bet Jared's already told you that. No, I was just thinking how nice it would be if your art was your job. They say you should do what you love, and money will follow."
 
She smiled at him and nodded "Yes Jared told me about that and I am actually taking her place, though I am not to sure how long I will be able to work before I have to stop to get ready for the arrival of our baby. But I am a tough girl, I am not exactly worried about it" She said happily.
 
Damian began working beer calf from knee to heel with long but gentle strokes to relax the muscle. "I'm sure you are going to be awesome. I didn't know you did any thing like that. One of these days you'll have to sing for me. I'll even play guitar. "
 
She smiled at him "You play the guitar? that's nice I play a bit of everything my mother use to call me a musical savant though I do not know every insturment" she smiled a bit and knew she had to be careful of Damian.
 
"Oh, that's not fair." Damian laughed, his hands now moving from Bella's knee down to her toes and back. "I was never gifted at anything. I had to work on it." He paused to look at the click, shifting his weight on the couch and hands grazing Bella's inner thigh has he re-positioned.

Damian glanced at the clock. "Jared's probably going to late. The have rehearsal until 8, and then I'm sure he'll have to lock up. The drama teacher's just phoning it it now that she's going to retire since it would take longer to write her up than it would to just let her run out the rest of the year. I would be nice to have a teacher in there who cares again." he moved back, trying to put some space between he and Bella but still working on her ankle. "I hope you didn't plan a big dinner."
 
She watched what he was doing listing to what he said to her since she really did care, looking up at him she smiled relaxing as he took great care with her. "No I had to work at it pretty hard to but it just came natural to me that's all. It's not like I woke up one day and thought. "Self I am going to play the piano" No took me a few months to get a feel for each instrument" She chuckled a little bit, she was just more into instruments then most. Relaxing back she heard what he said and smiled again at him.

"No I didn't usually Jared will call me if he will be home on time, then that is when I make a big dinner. He never called so I had a feeling he would be busy, which is fine I know he loves his work. And yeah it will be nice to have more people to care about, though I never did get a teachers license but I guess they are letting that slide because of the content of the class. Since is a piece of cake for me to teach. Though never taught but not afraid of that, I am good under pressure and good with other people"
 
Damian nodded. "That's a good point, but I'm sure they've got a plan. One that that school doesn't shy away from, is bending the rules." He gave her legs a good rub from knee to toes, "Well, since it's just the two of us I figure I could cook dinner. Did you want pizza or Chinese?" He laughed, then leaned towards Bella's baby bump, "Feel free to chime in with suggestions, little one." He smiled playfully and gave Bella a humorous wink.
 
Bella smiled feeling what he was doing it was beyond wonderful, since her feet and legs were hurting her. But hearing what he did she giggled a little bit, and was thinking about what to get. Battling back and forth it was rather nice. Thinking about a few things she just grinned a bit. "Mmm I will go with Chinese haven't had it in a while" But seeing the wink she laughed out right and relaxed a bit rubbing her stomach, and felt the baby kick and looked at him. "The baby is kicking would you like to feel?"
 
Damien's face went blank as if he wasn't sure what to say. "Really?" He reached out, almost as if he were testing a stove for heat. A little afraid but clearly wanting to know. His eyes never left Bella, as if looking for any sign of hesitation on her part and ready to pull away if he was doing something wrong. "Wow." He said, finally putting his hand on her belly. All the kidding was gone now as he felt a whole new part of Bella's life.
 
Bella smiled and nodded at him "Yes" Feeling his hand on her stomach made her feel happy even more so. "You are a part of this family now Damien you will kinda be like a big brother" She said with a kind smile on her face. Happy to be sharing this with him for the first time, he was a good guy.
 
Damien quietly laughed, hands still gently exploring the surface of Bella's tummy, "Thank you, that's... your'e sweet. But, that's also a lot of responsibility. Can I just be the estranged uncle who shows up at random holidays here he can randomly bring gifts?"
 
Bella looked at Damien "it is up to you if you want to be Damien but you are always welcome to stay here, I know you want to go out and live your own life. I did to till I found my husband" She said being careful of what to say since no one would ever know they were step siblings.
 
With hands still on her belly, Damian nodded. "I know. You're very kind, but my desire to be on my shouldn't be read as a desire to get out. If I thought it was reasonable, I'd stay." He gave her a warm smile, "Things feel right... for once. For me, at least. There is a lot of peace of mind here. Thank you."

He reluctantly pulled his hands away and sighed wistfully. "I better get that dinner delivered."
 
She could tell something was up but smiled a little bit and nodded to him her stomach was growling and she grinned a little bit so sitting back up s he stretched out and relaxed happily enjoying the moment very much, thinking about and stood up rubbing her neck being this heavy with child was hard on the back but she enjoyed it.
 
Damian had started to get out his phone and dial, but stopped when he saw Bella rubbing her neck. After doing a quick search for a good Chinese place he put the phone on speaker and and set it on the arm of the couch. "Here." He told Bella, moving to rub her neck for her. When the voice on the other end answered he just called out "I'd like to place and order for delivery..."
 
She heard what he said and smiled a bit feeling his hands on her neck it was rather lovely, she missed her husband but knew he had his own life. And did not want to keep him home all the time, and heard him ordering the Chinese as her smile grew a bit more enjoying his touch.
 
Damian finished the order and continued to rub Bella's shoulder, encouraging her to relax until her warm back was against his chest. "Maybe I should consider being a masseuse?"
 
Hearing what Damian said she chuckled "I would you have good hands damian" She looked up at him giving him a kind smile on her face. She was rather happy t hat he was there keeping her company.
 
Damian continued to rub away Bella's tension as he smiled back at her. His smile faded, however, as an unreadable mix of emotions started to settle on him. He turned serious and let his eyes fall to Bella's lips, parting his own as if to say something when the front door announced the food was here.

"Hey!" He said, as if coming out of a trance. "Right on time."
 
Bella smiled feeling his hands on her and closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of his hands helping her with the stress. Looking up at him it looked like he wanted to say something, but just let it go and grinned a little bit. Rubbing her stomach as sh e heard someone at the door, and watched him take off. Damian was cute that was for sure. Though there was no secret desire there or anything, she was happy with how her life was.
 
Damian grabbed the door, paid for the food with his own money, and thanked the delivery driver. While he'd been working part time at the grocery store he'd managed an income while still offering to pay for his room. While he wasn't one to throw money around he also felt it important to pull his share of the weight - and a few extra dollars for one more dish from a Chinese restaurant was well within his comfort level.

"Dinner is served." He joked, heading to the kitchen to put the food on actual plates. He'd wash those later, also part of his self imposed duties.
 
Bella smiled at Damian and chuckled a little bit, watching him she got up to get some milk and sat down looking at the food "Man this smell so damn good" She said and sipped her milk. Putting it down she grabbed a dish putting food on it and sat back on the couch looking at him. "Thank you for dinner that is sweet of you" She said glad to have some company with her while her husband was out doing god knows what. Damian was cute and could have seen herself with him if she had met him before her and Jared got together.
 
"Oh, it was the least I could do. You and Jared have been so nice to me." He started eating then gestured to the TV. "Do you want to watch something?"
 
Back
Top