The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

A.I.R. SUMMER LOVING CONTEST FAQ

As most of you already know the 2010 LITEROTICA Summer Loving Contest is upon us (at least its support thread is!). We in the A.I.R. felt that this would be the perfect time (and place) to advise contestants of the rules of eligibility and the rules of engagement for the A.I.R. contest which runs concurrently.

STORY and AUTHOR ELIGIBILITY

Every story entered in the LITEROTICA contest will be automatically entered in the A.I.R. contest as long as it complies with the rules listed below. Except for the following exceptions:

1) Science Fiction stories will not be accepted.
2) Non-Erotic category stories will not be accepted.

For those authors who wish to compete in the A.I.R. contest but not the LITEROTICA one please PM me and I’ll send you an application form.

RULES

As every person with any sense knows, to have a competition that is scored there has to be a means of scoring the entries. This means in this case that every story must have VOTING and COMMENTS turned on. If not the story will be disqualified.

Disqualification means just that – the story is NOT entered in the contest.

All stories must be original and complete stories. Original in terms of plot, setting, characters, etc. No continuations, serials, chapters etc. are allowed. Stories which do not comply will be disqualified.

Contestants are not allowed to vote on their stories or those of other contestants. Any vote cast that contravenes this rule will be removed and the offending party warned. A second offence will lead to immediate disqualification.

Each contestant is allowed only one (1) entry (including ALTS). Any subsequent entries will be disqualified.

To be considered for a prize a story must have accumulated 150 votes by the closing date of the contest.

Stories must be written to theme. Those that don’t will be disqualified.

AUTHORS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE 2010 A.I.R. SUMMER CONTEST

The following authors have been banned by A.I.R. from competing in this year’s Summer Contest due to past transgressions.

Jaymal
D.K.MOON (and all his aliases)
banana boy

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Good luck and have fun,

Gabrielle L.
President
Association of Independent Readers

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand_High_Poobah is Scouries in a blow up doll suit, one of his many alts.

Since there is no such thing as the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) associated with or from Lit, except in scouries head, it can't sanction anything but the usual hot air.

Since scouries and company can't win a contest, he makes up his own list of winners.

How will you know if a vote is from a contestant?

How will you know if a story is from an alt?

150 votes. Scouries way of guaranteeing he'll win with an incest story. :rolleyes:

:D I got banned for telling the truth. :D

I'm in. Have an idea, it's sort-of mapped out, but no coherent outline just yet. But it's an idea I really like, and I can't wait to get writing!

The Nude Day Contest was the first Literotica competition I entered, and I had a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to more!

I'm in. Have an idea, it's sort-of mapped out, but no coherent outline just yet. But it's an idea I really like, and I can't wait to get writing!

The Nude Day Contest was the first Literotica competition I entered, and I had a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to more!

Glad to have another Texan aboard.

Think I'll give this one a go. Better start getting some idea's flowing. Quick question can you submit only one story or multiple? I'm sure this is written somewhere very accessible but I can't be bothered to look, sorry!

Think I'll give this one a go. Better start getting some idea's flowing. Quick question can you submit only one story or multiple? I'm sure this is written somewhere very accessible but I can't be bothered to look, sorry!

There is no rule about how many stories you can submit.

You can submit as many stories as you like. We look forward to seeing what you come up with, honey. :)

Alright Geronimo...put away that sexy ass and get to work. I'm hoping to see an entry from you for this one. :kiss:

it's too warm. i'm in the hotel nekkid - which is a strange name for a hotel. i once saw a hotel in dortmund, germany named hotel bender.

funny old world.

it's too warm. i'm in the hotel nekkid - which is a strange name for a hotel. i once saw a hotel in dortmund, germany named hotel bender.

funny old world.

Well, quit "bending" it and write a hot piece of summer lovin'. You can write nekkid. In fact, I think you should provide pictures to prove you were in a summer nekkidness frame of mind. :D

image.php
QUOTE Irritated Og

Yeah right! 18,000 VIEWS for a contest thread? C’mon admit it. You love the attention.

In fact you couldn’t wait to start the next thread.

Meanwhile silently praying “Don’t go away jim”

Even you must have been getting pretty tired of where your threads had ended up. Let’s face it, the og threads had become like the English Soccer Team – slow, dull, uninteresting, low scoring, tired ....OLD.

Just think of it this way og, the boss is just trying to bring a little Latin zing to your thread. Bring it in to the 21st century. Unfortunately it’s been spending too much of its time in the 17th or 18th lately.

The world’s changing man.

You know you might consider getting some new clothes ... shave off the beard ... and the hat really has to go...

Gabrielle L.
President

image.php
QUOTE Irritated Og

Yeah right! 18,000 VIEWS for a contest thread? C’mon admit it. You love the attention.

In fact you couldn’t wait to start the next thread.

Meanwhile silently praying “Don’t go away jim”

Even you must have been getting pretty tired of where your threads had ended up. Let’s face it, the og threads had become like the English Soccer Team – slow, dull, uninteresting, low scoring, tired ....OLD.

Just think of it this way og, the boss is just trying to bring a little Latin zing to your thread. Bring it in to the 21st century. Unfortunately it’s been spending too much of its time in the 17th or 18th lately.

The world’s changing man.

You know you might consider getting some new clothes ... shave off the beard ... and the hat really has to go...

Gabrielle L.
President

soccer? wrong shaped balls.

here's mr danny care - harlequins and england. ;)

article-1137968-03525B91000005DC-94_468x650.jpg

Bla, Bla, Bal, Bla. Bulshit, more bullshit, and even more bullshit from the master of bullshit.

I fixed your post to read right, Jimbo or is that Jumbo. Probably the latter if you include the over inflated ego. Kind of like the blowup doll suit you're wearing. :rolleyes:

I fixed your post to read right, Jimbo or is that Jumbo. Probably the latter if you include the over inflated ego. Kind of like the blowup doll suit you're wearing. :rolleyes:

there are alts in the AH?

:eek:

hooda thunked it.

I believe you missed fixing the misquote. I believe we were all (not just Og) silently praying "GO THE HECK AWAY JIM"

I'm in. I have a story I've been working on for a while that just might fit.

I'm just posting here to drop a certain post over on the other side.

Woo! Go Texas!!

So - seeing the Texas trend, here is a totally random post.

Favorite restaurants in (or near) Texas:

• Pete Harris' cafe in Shreveport. (now closed)

First place I ever had stuffed shrimp. They also had the best gumbo I've ever tasted. They ALSO had this spicy balsamic-type salad dressing. Totally unique.

I used to go there when I was working in Marshall. Marshall also had this little cafe by a pottery place that had great breakfast and the best homemade pies I've ever had.

• The Beehive in Albany

Some of the best steaks I've ever had.

speaking of steaks in the area

• Joe Allen's in Abilene

Actually, not the best steaks, but the experience is cool. It is very much a Texas restaurant. Cement floors, casual atmosphere. They cut their ribeyes to the thickness you want and then charge you by the weight. They also have a table loaded up with sides like mashed potato salad and cornbread, and you just grab your beer out of an ice-filled tub - then you settle up at the end.

Surprisingly, I never found that many unique restaurants in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Spent some time in Wichita Falls and San Angelo, but didn't find much local flavor there either.

Still haven't made it to Houston or Austin.

Speaking of Summer Lovin', I have never been anywhere as consistently hot (or frankly, ugly) as Abilene. San Angelo, though, has a terrific lake. Wonderful place to set a summer lovin' story.

So... I finally got around to somehow connecting to the topic of the thread:)

Anyone else have any favorite restaurants in that tiny little state of Texas?

More on-topic, anyone have any favorite lake/river haunts?

So - seeing the Texas trend, here is a totally random post.

Favorite restaurants in (or near) Texas:

• Pete Harris' cafe in Shreveport. (now closed)

First place I ever had stuffed shrimp. They also had the best gumbo I've ever tasted. They ALSO had this spicy balsamic-type salad dressing. Totally unique.

I used to go there when I was working in Marshall. Marshall also had this little cafe by a pottery place that had great breakfast and the best homemade pies I've ever had.

• The Beehive in Albany

Some of the best steaks I've ever had.

speaking of steaks in the area

• Joe Allen's in Abilene

Actually, not the best steaks, but the experience is cool. It is very much a Texas restaurant. Cement floors, casual atmosphere. They cut their ribeyes to the thickness you want and then charge you by the weight. They also have a table loaded up with sides like mashed potato salad and cornbread, and you just grab your beer out of an ice-filled tub - then you settle up at the end.

Surprisingly, I never found that many unique restaurants in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Spent some time in Wichita Falls and San Angelo, but didn't find much local flavor there either.

Still haven't made it to Houston or Austin.

Speaking of Summer Lovin', I have never been anywhere as consistently hot (or frankly, ugly) as Abilene. San Angelo, though, has a terrific lake. Wonderful place to set a summer lovin' story.

So... I finally got around to somehow connecting to the topic of the thread:)

Anyone else have any favorite restaurants in that tiny little state of Texas?

More on-topic, anyone have any favorite lake/river haunts?

I was there once, but the airport in El Paso probably isn't representative of the whole state.

Back