Hacking into a account?

Provided you know someone's email and it's password, you can.

Lit users can see other user's threads and posts from their profile itself. No hack is needed.
 
No. They would need your password here to change your password here.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • changepw.jpg
    changepw.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
What if I choose the 'Forgot Password?' option while logging in? ;)

Yep, if they know you email password they could. So change your email password. Easy fix. Of course if she changes it first, your shit out of luck.

Otherwise, create a new email account and a new lit account and go from there.
 
I ask because a old gf knew about all my posts and replys..

If your girlfriend knows your user name on Lit, then all she has to do is to look up your profile and then click on 'Find all posts by blubyuf6'. Anyone can see your posts and replies. No hacking is involved.
 
Ok that's what I wanted to know, thanks. I removed what I could. Guess I didn't remove them how do I remove the threads I stated? Never mind I'll look it up when I get home

You have to edit each post, and replace it with ..... or some other 5 characters. However, you cannot edit any posts that quoted you.

For what it's worth, I checked, and I can still see each post you made. They haven't been edited.

You cannot remove threads, but you can definitely edit the first post.

Good luck.
 
Of course there is a way to get your user ID changed which would solve the problem. Or your user ID deleted. The posts would remain, but the user ID assigned to them would be guest. Either would take at the least 7 days.
 
could you tell me how to do it? would much appreciated. Changing it or deleting it would work then i'll just start a new account.

You can change your username, but your posts will stay (as is deleting your profile).

I believe you can send Laurel a very polite PM, explaining your situation. It may take a while as she is very busy.

Or, you can always just change your password to something ridiculously complicated, log out, and never come back.
 
You can change your username, but your posts will stay (as is deleting your profile).

I believe you can send Laurel a very polite PM, explaining your situation. It may take a while as she is very busy.

Or, you can always just change your password to something ridiculously complicated, log out, and never come back.

Or

Create a story with the title DELETE ACCOUNT or CHANGE ACCOUNT NAME

In the story section explain why you want your account deleted very politely.

If you want your name changed, explain why and what you want your new name to be.

Then check the box at the top and click on preview.

Preview what you have written, then press the submit button.

It will take about seven days.

Delete gets rid of the account and changes the name on post to guest.

Changing your name...I don't know if it changes it on old posts. It just might be new ones will have the new name. I've never done this so I don't really know.
 
How do I get in touch with her?

Via Private Messageing like you did me.

I would suggest in the interim you change your password on your email account and here at lit. Lit will send any new passwords to the email account of record. IF she can't see the new password, she (is it a she) can't get on to lit.

Or you can create a new email account and then change the email account that lit uses to communicate with you.

Good luck.
 
Remove account

How can you remove an account from this forum?
 
Back
Top