Control panel issues

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
Is anyone else having trouble loading the new control panel? It won't load on my desktop, although I can access it on my phone. This has been going on for about 24 hours. I still can access the old control panel.

Is anyone else having trouble loading the new control panel? It won't load on my desktop, although I can access it on my phone. This has been going on for about 24 hours. I still can access the old control panel.

I haven't had any trouble with it this morning.

I'm just steaming on to get to my goal of entries for this account name before the old control panel goes away.

I'm just steaming on to get to my goal of entries for this account name before the old control panel goes away.

I'm curious -- what is it about the old panel that you prefer to the new one? The new panel has more functions than the old one, and it's much better-looking.

I'm curious -- what is it about the old panel that you prefer to the new one? The new panel has more functions than the old one, and it's much better-looking.

I haven't tried the new control panel. I'm bitter about the whole need to fiddle around with such things and not cleaning up what's here--such things as leaving it to the forum users to note to new users that using the "contact us by email" buttons here and there won't work because they don't open their email and letting users spin wheels trying to use a volunteer editor program that's hopelessly broken. The Web site is riddled with functions that don't function--or that don't function as advertised. So, I have no interest in jazzifying the look of the Web site without cleaning up the functionality of the Web site.

And you'd better read this fast, because the administrators--in breach of the obsolete posted forum rules--are fast to erase posts such as this.

The new Control Panel is SO much more useful than the old one for managing submissions, moderating comments, seeing activity with stories, etc.

Submitting a story really isn't any different other than clicking a different button to go to the submissions page. The submissions page is the same in every way. I recently submitted three stories with no issues.

Old dogs ≠ New tricks

rj

Old dogs ≠ New tricks

rj

The reason I gave for not using it--when asked--has nothing to do with either old dogs or new tricks. It has to do with priorities on the Web site functionality. I don't really see you as helping new users navigate the nonfunctional aspects of this Web site over the years. You've been pretty much all about you.

The reason I gave for not using it--when asked--has nothing to do with either old dogs or new tricks. It has to do with priorities on the Web site functionality. I don't really see you as helping new users navigate the nonfunctional aspects of this Web site over the years. You've been pretty much all about you.

Sorry, Pilot. That wasn't about you. Not everything is, you know.

rj

Little late for you to mimic the president and go "didn't mean what I meant" on me. Your snarky and irrelevant "old dogs" comment was most definitely about me--and it was unnecessary, but you went there anyway.

Little late for you to mimic the president and go "didn't mean what I meant" on me. Your snarky and irrelevant "old dogs" comment was most definitely about me--and it was unnecessary, but you went there anyway.

Actually, he quoted Simon, not you...not everything is about you.

Back