A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION, BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Who is a frog woman?
Sorry, brain-fart there. I meant rib-woman. Frog-Woman is the signature of noted Hopi potters.

Alien inflicted on humanity?
Lord {JHWH} was not an Earthling and so is an alien. Original sin was inflicted by said alien, who cursed all humanity for all time for a claimed misdeed by a naive couple. Sad. No, not sad -- sadistic.

Magical tree?
Tree of Life. If derived from an Egyptian myth then it's a palm; if from a Mesopotamian source, then it's an apple from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, or Tajikistan.

BTW a god that doesn't tell people to wash their hands before touching food, injuries, or childbirths, is the wrong god to follow. That god loves human suffering.

What I believe is that those who believe God are the true Christians,
Problem there is figuring out what to believe, what with all of the contradictions, falsehoods, obscenities, and general hocus-pocus. Folks fought many wars over different interpretations. Lord {JHWH} was pretty sloppy in giving instructions, and doesn't seem to really care. Followers were commanded not to make graven images, yet Xianity is filled with them, to no apparent ill effect. And have you sold your daughters into slavery yet?

and since you don't want to believe God's word, you are trying to make me your scapegoat.
You own all the words you enter here. You own the consequences of the faith you joined. By joining voluntarily, you own responsibility for holy wars, forced conversions, enslavements, tortures. Don't say they're not your fault. You chose to throw in with them.

Just believe HIM.
Gender-neutral pronouns are used in the original Hebrew.

And I said theologians WOULD agree with it. I don't need them because the BIBLE agrees with me. Why not just believe what the Bible actually says?
Which bible? Even in Anglish there is no one version that all self-proclaimed Xians regard as canonical, only many disjointed biblical texts. What you see in a KJV (for example) includes:

1) Books selected and edited by the Imperial Wizards (church fathers, mostly Roman nobility) of the State Church of the Roman Empire. They re-ordered Hebrew Scripture into an Old Testament telling a different tale. They deleted books that didn't support a church hierarchy. They added the psychotic Armageddon (Revelations) because zillions of such books floated around and they needed an official version to counter those. It's all very political.

2) Scribal errors. Mis-spellings. Words added to texts because they seemed like a good idea, adding stories to flesh-out the narrative. "Jesus met the woman at the well" didn't appear before 1300 CE.

3) Ah, the KJV. Good old King James I of the United Kingdom hated Catholic versions and feared earlier Protestant versions that didn't support monarchy. His translators made sure that kings wielded power by divine right. Yup, politics again. Alas, many errors and new texts have since been found, which is why revised editions exist.

As mentioned earlier, older Eastern churches didn't accept Armageddon (Revelations) or the Pauline epistles as canonical. It's hard to find agreement over text that isn't there.

All angels ('messengers') are supposedly creations and tools of Lord {JHWH}. As Harry Truman said of exercising ultimate power, "The buck stops here." Your omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent deity is responsible for everything and thus for the murder of your body and soul. Don't blame underlings for their boss's policies, which BTW only apply to believers. The god of the Hebrews doesn't rule Buddhists.

God gave free will to men and angels. Although He knew that they would choose evil, He isn't responsible for it. He did plan for it though. The God of the Bible rules all.

Explain how free will is evil. It's loving. God didn't create us to be robots. He isn't forcing us to love Him. satan on the other hand likes to try and force his will on everyone because he's evil.

aaa9-600x338.jpg

May the Morning Star have mercy on your soul.

There is a lot in the bible on hygiene. All kinds of washing going on!:cool:
Lots of ritual ablutions, yes. (I went to mikvahs when I lived in a hassidic hippy commune.) Advice on hand-washing, no. And Xians rejected sanitation as "too Jewish" for many many centuries. One bath a year was too many for most.

Lots of ritual ablutions, yes. (I went to mikvahs when I lived in a hassidic hippy commune.) Advice on hand-washing, no. And Xians rejected sanitation as "too Jewish" for many many centuries. One bath a year was too many for most.

Completely false. They bathed often. You must not have read the link I posted. Go back and read the link I posted in my last post before this one.

Completely false. They bathed often. You must not have read the link I posted. Go back and read the link I posted in my last post before this one.
Your previous 10 posts contain no links. Your 12th post back links to uTube and I don't do uTube. Anyway, Xian sanitation before about 1850-1900 was pretty horrendous. That's documented. Cleansing was a sign of weak faith. The holiest prophets wore filthy rags.

When Cortez' conquistadores tromped through what's now Mexico City, Aztec priests followed them burning boughs of incense. The Xian Spaniards saw this as a mark of honor. But the scent was only to cover the invaders' unwashed stench.

More than once I've visited San Pedro de Atitlan in Guatemala, a fairly well-known town there. An old Mayan Catholic town. As with many such towns, litter abounded in public areas. (Private areas are all spotless.) Once a month came a general cleanup, pushed by... nearby Atheist and Gnostic societies, mopping-up the Xians' messes.

Your previous 10 posts contain no links. Your 12th post back links to uTube and I don't do uTube. Anyway, Xian sanitation before about 1850-1900 was pretty horrendous. That's documented. Cleansing was a sign of weak faith. The holiest prophets wore filthy rags.

When Cortez' conquistadores tromped through what's now Mexico City, Aztec priests followed them burning boughs of incense. The Xian Spaniards saw this as a mark of honor. But the scent was only to cover the invaders' unwashed stench.

More than once I've visited San Pedro de Atitlan in Guatemala, a fairly well-known town there. An old Mayan Catholic town. As with many such towns, litter abounded in public areas. (Private areas are all spotless.) Once a month came a general cleanup, pushed by... nearby Atheist and Gnostic societies, mopping-up the Xians' messes.

Washing:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/sanitation.php

Hand Washing:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/hand_washing

Explain how free will is evil. It's loving. God didn't create us to be robots. He isn't forcing us to love Him. satan on the other hand likes to try and force his will on everyone because he's evil.

Love free will all for it...but a little intervention from our Heavenly father when babys are being mowed down, by a stain on humanity, In a church! That's what a loveing father would do!

What I believe is that those who believe God are the true Christians,
Muslims and Jews both believe in the same divine figure that you read about in the bible. The God that revealed himself to Abraham in the bible is their God just by a slightly different name. Muslims even believe in Jesus; he's the penultimate prophet in their religion. Additionally both of those otehr major monotheistic religions recognizes portions of the Bible as part of their divinely inspired scripture.So you believe that everyone who believes in the God of Abraham is a true Christian?

Why not just believe what the Bible actually says?
Well maybe I didn't need to ask the above question, This seems to exclude the majority of people who identify as Christian in the world - Roman Catholics.

The Catholic Church believes the Bible needs to be read in the context of the authors writing for their audience at the time and with an understanding of the original language implications that are stripped by translation . The Bible as translated in the hands of an individual believer is divinely inspired revelation not the literal words of God placed on paper. In addition the Bible is only one source of divine revelation in Catholicism. The other is tradition. That's based on the oral history of the apostles passed down through the Church and it's apostolic leader, the Pope. Papal infallibility on spiritual matters allows the Pope to propagate religious doctrine based on a combination of tradition and a contexualist understanding of the Bible. Even some Protestant denominations (Prima Scriptura denominations vs the Sola Scriptura denominations your question seems to imply you follow) recognize a role for tradition in divine revelation although not at the same level as in Catholicism.

For the majority of Christians, just believing what's in the Bible is fraught with problems. It's only listening to part of what God. It opens the door to faulty interpretations and mistaken beliefs if the Bible is read literally without reference to outside sources to gain context.

bluekitty69 said:
Love free will all for it...but a little intervention from our Heavenly father when babys are being mowed down, by a stain on humanity, In a church! That's what a loveing father would do!
What churches are mowing babies down?
Bluekitty said nothing about churches "mowing babies down". (Nestlé Corporation has done quite enough of that.) She bewails an attack inside your god's very house, many children slaughtered, with no protection from that god. What good is your god it it won't protect its followers and their young children? Your god is not at all dependable.

Right-wing screenwriter John Milius scripted Conan The Barbarian. At one point before a fight, Conan prays to his tribe's god: "Oh great Crom, give my arm strength! And if you don't, to hell with you!" A god that doesn't deliver, and protect, is worthless.

"Oh," but you may say, "it's all in my god's plan!" Listen up: If your god's plan requires many dead children, you definitely worship the wrong god.

Bluekitty said nothing about churches "mowing babies down". (Nestlé Corporation has done quite enough of that.) She bewails an attack inside your god's very house, many children slaughtered, with no protection from that god. What good is your god it it won't protect its followers and their young children? Your god is not at all dependable.

Right-wing screenwriter John Milius scripted Conan The Barbarian. At one point before a fight, Conan prays to his tribe's god: "Oh great Crom, give my arm strength! And if you don't, to hell with you!" A god that doesn't deliver, and protect, is worthless.

"Oh," but you may say, "it's all in my god's plan!" Listen up: If your god's plan requires many dead children, you definitely worship the wrong god.

My God doesn't always choose to protect His people from bad things. God thinks in terms of eternity, the spiritual and not merely this life only.

Secondly, serving the Lord isn't about what He can do for me, it's about what I can do for Him. He is the center, not me. All other religions are man made and center around man making God into what man wants rather than man conforming to what God wants.

aaa9-600x338.jpg

May the Morning Star have mercy on your soul.

Jesus is the Morning Star so I will take that as a compliment:

Re 22:16 I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.

My God doesn't always choose to protect His people from bad things. God thinks in terms of eternity, the spiritual and not merely this life only.
As I said, if your deity's plan involves torture, rape, and murder of children, as is apparent, then you've got the wrong deity.

Secondly, serving the Lord isn't about what He can do for me, it's about what I can do for Him. He is the center, not me. All other religions are man made and center around man making God into what man wants rather than man conforming to what God wants.
Your deity apparently wants many people to live miserable fucking lives and die horrible fucking deaths. All part of a plan. Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs, eh?

Fuck that. You are welcome to your death-cult.

As I said, if your deity's plan involves torture, rape, and murder of children, as is apparent, then you've got the wrong deity.

Your deity apparently wants many people to live miserable fucking lives and die horrible fucking deaths. All part of a plan. Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs, eh?

But that's not true, so, I hope you change your mind before you stand before Him and are judged.

A big question.... Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? To me it's the very nature of evil. Evil is basically the absence of good. What people really want is to get away with doing whatever they want and have no consequences. Unfortunately, good people get impacted because of consequences. People want to shut the door on God but are mad when when bad things happen.

A big question.... Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? To me it's the very nature of evil. Evil is basically the absence of good. What people really want is to get away with doing whatever they want and have no consequences. Unfortunately, good people get impacted because of consequences. People want to shut the door on God but are mad when when bad things happen.

I agree

Back