Tess's Trifles

Water Idea.

tumblr_mubsl4mM1H1qeqcvno1_500.jpg

:heart: And I'm a fan of you. I'm also a fan of your knife piece, I keep thinking about it. Your Notebook is awesome.

Mmm. And I'm a fan of you. You having this thread means I can stalk you all in one spot. Smirks.

Flushes crimson....

That piece is....meh, at best. Much like my notebook. But I like that you like it. And you honor me with your opinion about the knife piece. That means a lot, coming from you.

Mmm. And I'm a fan of you. You having this thread means I can stalk you all in one spot. Smirks.

Flushes crimson....

That piece is....meh, at best. Much like my notebook. But I like that you like it. And you honor me with your opinion about the knife piece. That means a lot, coming from you.

Haha. And I'm going to pretend that "meh" really means "sexy and thrilling and well-crafted." I can't make the face on here, boo. :(

Haha. And I'm going to pretend that "meh" really means "sexy and thrilling and well-crafted." I can't make the face on here, boo. :(

You can keep pretending while I sit here and pretend to make the face over and over again. Just because I can :cool:

I have no idea why but I want to write a story that has water as a major element. Probably because deep ocean stuff freaks me out. Black water, etc. Also:

tumblr_msb9wnghSk1qmv6iio1_500.gif

I have no idea why but I want to write a story that has water as a major element. Probably because deep ocean stuff freaks me out. Black water, etc. Also:

You and I might want to talk some time. *Has been wanting a water story of some kind for a while.*

You and I might want to talk some time. *Has been wanting a water story of some kind for a while.*

Yes! When it gets more formed in my head, I will. I should be around later tonight, too, just trying to study right now (obviously failing).

Vail_Indigo said:
terrified of drowning under the ice

Same. And getting yanked under until I can't get out.

This movie actually really scared me. I love to swim. I just hate dark water, with no idea what's in it. And apparently I like to freak myself out/challenge myself with the ideas I've been getting.

Same. I've been veering more towards horror lately, not sure why. Horror and just really intense inspirations. Not that I haven't done that before but just more focused now.

*may have already planned to work that into something they're doing, even before seeing this!*

You are welcome to post in The Unders if you get so inclined

I actually had been thinking about that. I'll have to think about it some more. You know how hard horror is to get together in the mind - it's like there's a block specifically for it. Not sure why that is. Also, thanks for offering. I had meant to type that and then got distracted by cheesecake - seriously.

Scuttle Buttin' said:
*may have already planned to work that into something they're doing, even before seeing this!*

Haha! I was gonna say I'll have to step up my depravity game but I think that could seriously backfire on me.

Haha! I was gonna say I'll have to step up my depravity game but I think that could seriously backfire on me.

You! I've got to tap into all the creative depravity I've got for this one, I think. We'll go with the idea that that's a good thing for now.

As long as I don't end up on SVU.

Well, it makes sense that it would be hard. Deep down inside, we're wired to run from it.
Its annoying as fuck.

Truth! I write it and look at it and think, "There's no possible way that's going to scare anyone." Ugh.

Scuttle Buttin' said:
You! I've got to tap into all the creative depravity I've got for this one, I think. We'll go with the idea that that's a good thing for now.

As long as I don't end up on SVU.

tumblr_mldudwOD9R1qzqj8so2_500.png

Ice-T's watchin' you.

Cat, I think your pieces are creepy when you're trying for that - your Massacre post was chilling. But I do think that when anyone writes horror, because they've explored their work, they probably aren't going to find it very frightening. I totally do the 5 minutes later examination. During the writing, I'm like, "this is creepy as hell!" Then I read it later, and think it's horrible and clunky.

The only way I ever think what I write will be scary is by gauging how I feel right after I write it.
5 minutes later and I'm sure its crap.

Cat, I think your pieces are creepy when you're trying for that - your Massacre post was chilling. But I do think that when anyone writes horror, because they've explored their work, they probably aren't going to find it very frightening. I totally do the 5 minutes later examination. During the writing, I'm like, "this is creepy as hell!" Then I read it later, and think it's horrible and clunky.

I suppose this is true. I can't force scary, either.....if I don't have the scene in my head and its flowing....it will come out bad. Some things I can force. Scary/creepy/horror is not one of them.

Forcing it is just an exercise in futility.
I dunno, maybe not. Maybe if you write it enough you can force it. I mean, it used to be that I had to really FEEL a scene to write it. But I think you eventually build up enough skill to be able to write without that sort of magic.

That's possibly true. I still think what I produce by force is substantially less powerful. I almost always either scrap it or edit the ever living fuck out of it.

Back