Difficulty browsing site on iPod

SWIM21

Experienced
For the past several days now I've been having a hard time navigating the site on my iPod's web browser. Every page takes a long time to load and often crashes my browser. I've never had trouble viewing the site on my iPod before. Could this simply be a compatibility issue? My iPod is 4th generation.

For the past several days now I've been having a hard time navigating the site on my iPod's web browser. Every page takes a long time to load and often crashes my browser. I've never had trouble viewing the site on my iPod before. Could this simply be a compatibility issue? My iPod is 4th generation.

Sorry about the problem.

When you say that the site "crashes", can you let me know what that means? What is the error that you see - if you see one?

We rolled out some changes last week which caused problems for some people, but we reverted all of those changes within 48 hours. Those changes did not cause the site to load slowly, but they did cause page formatting problems on some browsers.

Thank you for any additional info that you can share and hopefully we can track down the issue! :D

What usually happens is whenever a page is loading from the site it sort of freezes intermittently during the loading process, almost like there is too much data for it to handle, before finally becoming totally frozen and eventually Safari crashes back to the Home screen on my iPod. When I reload Safari, all I get is a blank browser for a few seconds before it crashes again, but it works again the next time. This issue is at its worst on story index pages and authors' story pages. It seems like anything with too many hyperlinks causes problems. When I get to an actual story, it still takes a little more time to load than it used to, but it doesn't crash on me and is pretty much the same as it was before. As far as formatting, the pages look the same as before those changes from last week, which did mess up the arrangement of site objects and text wrapping at the time, but didn't cause the crazy lag problems I'm seeing now.

Back