White House warns shutdown could carry on after emergency declaration

Read David Cay Johnston, The Making of Donald Trump. He's been doing this kind of thing his whole life.

There's a story in there of how he was mad at his brother, so he cut off his health insurance (which he'd been getting through the Trump org, which Donald ran.) Knowing as he did so his five year old nephew was seriously ill with cancer and desperately needed treatment.

Donald's favorite way to "screw" someone is to hurt vulnerable people this person cares about--kids especially.

That's what he's doing now on a big scale. "Screwing" the Dems by attacking the people who work for the US. Cutting off FEMA aid to "blue" California and shithole P.R. Anyone who suffers as a result is simply paying for what the Dems are doing to him. Anyone else is just a bargaining chip in his war.

It's just going to get worse the more he is cornered and the more everything closes in on him.

So you're, too, now saying it's better caving to his inhumane ruthlessness than being complicit with him in making so many suffer by partially shutting the government down? Surely that'll win the Democrats more support in 2020, right?
 
When the federal government dictates by FORCE of regulation the flush rate of every toilet in America, that's a pretty good accurate indicator of how much control federal government has over every American's life.

No, it really doesn't. Nice anecdotal appeal to emotion, though.

Or, would you like to play a game, where you name exact instances that federal government doesn't control/regulate virtually every aspect of every American's life, while I list the almost endless ways federal government controls/regulates virtually every aspect of every American's life, like your daily dump?

How about we play a different game.

I'll mail you a time machine.

You hop in and live and work in Shanghai from 1951 to 1952.

Then, if you haven't been coerced to kill yourself by jumping off the building you work in, come back and tell us whether you think the US Federal government controls every aspect of your life.
 
No. Anytime Deplorables suffer at the hands of the fuckwad I laugh with glee.

Of course you do. Which simply shows your total, partisan disingenuousness concerning this entire deal, that you don't actually care about federal government workers going broke, losing their homes, their dogs running away.

It's ok, you're hardly alone. You, the thread starter and every other socialist sincerely feels partisanly the same. You individual liberty haters should just quit playing your silly, disingenuous game, come out of your partisan closet, and be openly honest about your natural hate.
 
How about we play a different game.

I'll mail you a time machine.

You hop in and live and work in Shanghai from 1951 to 1952.

Then, if you haven't been coerced to kill yourself by jumping off the building you work in, come back and tell us whether you think the US Federal government controls every aspect of your life.

LOL because those two things are related and 1950's China disproves modern US government control!!!
 
the US Federal government controls every aspect of your life.

I appreciate your endorsement, but when you quote me on that please actually quote me accurately by including "virtually" and "regulates", too. Thanks.
 
wait what? hes petty Pelosi & her court jester chucky & numerous others dems. ALL voted for more border sec. Now that trump wants to ACTUALLY DO IT Hes petty give me a break their the petty ones.
 
I appreciate your endorsement, but when you quote me on that please actually quote me accurately by including "virtually" and "regulates", too. Thanks.

I quoted you verbatim. Look at my post again.

And here you paste in half a sentence of mine and call it an endorsement.

I can't tell if your are being ironic or an idiot. :confused:
 
Why should I? This is what they voted for. (?)


Of course you do. Which simply shows your total, partisan disingenuousness concerning this entire deal, that you don't actually care about federal government workers going broke, losing their homes, their dogs running away.

It's ok, you're hardly alone. You, the thread starter and every other socialist sincerely feels partisanly the same. You individual liberty haters should just quit playing your silly, disingenuous game, come out of your partisan closet, and be openly honest about your natural hate.
 
I quoted you verbatim. Look at my post again.

And here you paste in half a sentence of mine and call it an endorsement.

I can't tell if your are being ironic or an idiot. :confused:

The true irony comes in his using that avatar and sigline as some sort of beard over his actual personality of yore that runs wholly counter to anything liberal-minded or woman-progressive. It's kinda cornball-sad when the seams in one's latest costume keep showing. :D

Oh, wanted to give you dap for the logomachy label for homeslice a while back. I enjoy learning new or obscure words and that one hit it smack dab on the head there. ;)

QLUo.gif
 
wait what? hes petty Pelosi & her court jester chucky & numerous others dems. ALL voted for more border sec. Now that trump wants to ACTUALLY DO IT Hes petty give me a break their the petty ones.

Ah, good, you almost got the point. Most of the Democrats aren't against supporting border security--they are against taking money that could go to actual, twenty-first-century effective border security and immigration processing and putting it to building a dumb vanity wall that Donald Trump doesn't even know what it should be composed of and that the property owners on the border are going to fight seeing the first shovel dig for for the next forty years of court battles.

Congrats on putting your finger on something the Trumpettes (like you) screw up even if you don't realize you did it. :)
 
McConnell

McConnell shares a lot of the responsibility in this issue. An appropriations bill has already passed the house and only requires passage through the Senate. McConnell will not put it to a vote because he says the President will veto it.

So what? Congress is supposed to be a co-equal third of the US government yet this gutless man defers to the White House. Essentially he is asking for the President's permission before he will even send him a bill. In the recent past the Congress frequently expressed its own views it did not defer like a lap dog to the White house.

If McConnel put this to a vote in the Senate and it got through Trump would be on his own. If it did not get through then Trump and the GOP in the Senate would be clearly the Presidents yes men. However, by refusing to put the matter to a vote at all McConnell is clearly thwarting the intent of the Founding Fathers by making the legislature subject to the whims of the President.
 
linky





How is this okay?

How is holding hundreds of thousands of families hostage with their pay okay? Delaying tax refunds? Parks continued unprotected, unserviced. Garbage not picked up. Payments for rent assistance, food assistance.

This is a petty petty man.


In 2021 when Climate Change and Gun Deaths are declared "emergencies" it will balance out.
 
wait what? hes petty Pelosi & her court jester chucky & numerous others dems. ALL voted for more border sec. Now that trump wants to ACTUALLY DO IT Hes petty give me a break their the petty ones.

No. The senate voted for a comprehensive set of reforms in the 2013 bill. The Republicans in the house prevented a vote, because it would have passed and Obama would have signed it. The idiots in the FreeDum Caucus held Ryan hostage over it and he was too weak to bring the vote to the floor.

More proof that the Democrats are the only ones serious about border security and the Repubs want the issue not a solution.

Bring that bill back up, update it for 2019 technology and get it done. Why not? Because now that it will get through the House the GOP will block it in the senate. Despite the fact it had $46 billion for the border.

See how it is the Republicans and not the Democrats that are petty and disingenuous on this issue?
 
No. Anytime Deplorables suffer at the hands of the fuckwad I laugh with glee.


Well, assuming that the approximate national average of D vs R voter (remember "H won the popular vote") is about 55% vs 45%, then approximately 45% of those gov employees on furlough right now should be making you "laugh with glee"

Get on with the chuckles sister; laugh at their plight for having voted for Trump.
 
I wonder how the Deep State is doing during the shutdown. Probably just peachy-dory.
 
I am. A car repo or eviction notice would be good.

Wait, what was that about liberal tears?

Well, assuming that the approximate national average of D vs R voter (remember "H won the popular vote") is about 55% vs 45%, then approximately 45% of those gov employees on furlough right now should be making you "laugh with glee"

Get on with the chuckles sister; laugh at their plight for having voted for Trump.
 
The point for an actual free society and economy, obviously, is to keep those socialist aspects as minimal as possible, because, naturally, the more socialism (rule by the state over the individual), the less individual freedom (from that state rule).

You evidently prefer America's socialist society and economy today, in which federal government regulates/control virtually every aspect of every American's life. So, it's totally understandable you'll get more and more upset the more your socialist government shuts down. If I was to any degree as naturally socialist as you, I might feel a bit of empathy for your misery, but since I'm not, I just don't.

The federal government generally does no more and no less than the people want it to do, as we find out every time the question of eliminating a function or a department comes up.
 
I've never known a single federal government worker who's emphasized with my feelings that I can't even imagine any position or pay in federal government that'd even begin to tempt me to ever work for federal government. But I'm supposed to somehow emphasize with any of them when their poor choice starts actually costing them? HA. Not in this life.

It was not a poor choice. They chose to dedicate their lives to public service. Go thou and do likewise.
 
Because they are working for the government?

LOL btw I did my civil service even beyond when I was supposed to be in a stop loss deployment, so even by your own standard? No....they aren't. :D\

They're better than you because public service means something to them. It obviously never meant anything to you.
 
Why stop? He already owns the longest shutdown in history. He wants to set a record that can never be beat. Small dicked guys are like that
 
The federal government generally does no more and no less than the people want it to do, as we find out every time the question of eliminating a function or a department comes up.

The left...not the people.

Not all people want all the things the government does to them.

Oh, yes it is. They don't want to pay the political price of a shutdown.

The only way they pay a price for this shutdown is if they don't see it through and let Pelosi and the (D)'s have whatever they want like ol' Chuck the Cuck.

That's the only way the (R)'s lose anything.

Please do the right thing for once and kill yourself.

Why because I don't think keeping snowflakes from getting upset is the most important thing our government can do?? :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top