using the ignore feature

headdoctor

Experienced
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Posts
54
hi folks. I'm not sure where to ask this. If I add someone to my "ignore" list, what exactly happens? Do his posts not appear in threads I'm reading? Is there simply a gap, or would the entire thread be invisible? Sorry to be so clueless.
 
You will not see the content of the message. You will see that they have responded but the following will appear:
This message is hidden because 'name of person' is on your ignore list.
 
You will not see the content of the message. You will see that they have responded but the following will appear:
This message is hidden because 'name of person' is on your ignore list.

Thanks. I wonder if that will be more frustrating than reading this person's actual (inane, offensive) comments!
 
i recently learned that ignore (or iggy as it's also known) also makes threads created by people you have ignored invisible.

ed
 
Except that sometimes I miss awesome comments in those threads. :(

there are more threads - and more awesome comments

some threads are worth losing. some people are not worthy of being not ignored. :) ???
 
ROFL!

Why the fuck are my ROFLs not capitalized when I typed them that way?

ETA: . . . and now they are. :confused:
 
This is one of the more boring threads, and really needs a troll jump-start.
 
Munky was the first to troll. Query won the war. Putting that much effort into trolling just means you're pathetic in real life.
 
Last edited:
Iggy is my friend. He is thoughtful, considerate, and very good at what he does. I use him to my hearts content and he never complains. He makes some forums more fun and enjoyable, and he works quietly, never disturbing anyone.

I guess I'm saying Iggy is my submissive little slave who makes my life better by his very existence.

I'm gonna collar that little guy and lead him around on a leash just to show my appreciation.

Use it. You can always unignore someone later if you'd like to.
 
Well, another technical question, with apologies for dulling down what had become a played up thread: if I get iggy with someone (is that the right phrase?), and he/she looks at my profile, will it say anything? Will it look like I'm offline, or will it acknowledge when I'm online but make me unavailable, or will I disappear for him/her as well?

None of this is monumental, I'm just curious how this feature works.
 
This thread is funny because most of it shows up as ignored. ;)


It really looks messed up if you're subscribed to a thread and you've ignored the OP. Your subscriptions get out of whack with phantom threads.


I used to have JBJ ignored for the trolling, but here lately he's been spot on in calling out the bullshit.

My mission in life is to stampede mobsters like many of the folks who took this board hostage.
 
Back
Top