Are you addicted to Skype?

Okay, so Skype has its place on my PC, but no more so than yahoo I guess. Only because different people use different platforms. But hey, keep the answers coming, and the friend requests, I'm meeting some great people :D

I use skype and kik both. I like the look/interface of kik better, but prefer the functionality of skype.

Skype is better for voice and cam imo for as long as I can remember cam on yahoo has always been laggy and unresponsive where as Skype has been smooth

Skype is far superior to Yahoo and tends to work much more smoothly for chat, voice, pics, cam or all of the above. It's good to be flexible and have multiple options with one platform.

Skype is far superior to Yahoo and tends to work much more smoothly for chat, voice, pics, cam or all of the above. It's good to be flexible and have multiple options with one platform.

I agree, it's much better than Yahoo. I used Skype a lot, and hardly had any problems with it.

i already use skype to keep in touch with family and friends so I don't see the point in have 2 or more things that do the same thing. But that's for the skype vs yahoo thing.

since most of my lit activities are done late at night, i like to use skype just before bed when i'm already lying down. I can close my eyes and just talk without worrying about typing.

Even when conversations aren't sexual, i find it relaxing at the end of the day. It kind of feels like pillow talk.

at the end of the day its all about connecting and for me at least this is the easiest and most effective.

Skype/facetime yahoo messenger any live time interaction with video is always more fun

I'm not addicted to Skype. I'm mad at Skype, it keeps dropping calls at the most inopportune time... if you know what I mean?

You know, when you are having a nice, deep conversation about minimum wage increases. :rolleyes:

Nope. I recently did a test run between two Android tablets that would respectively be in Ireland and California and the lag time just was not worth it. I'll stick to carrier pigeons.

I'm not addicted to Skype. I'm mad at Skype, it keeps dropping calls at the most inopportune time... if you know what I mean?

You know, when you are having a nice, deep conversation about minimum wage increases. :rolleyes:

LOL, gotta love Skype, and everything that goes with it :D

Nope. I recently did a test run between two Android tablets that would respectively be in Ireland and California and the lag time just was not worth it. I'll stick to carrier pigeons.

How long does that take to get a message to someone?

haha i know what you mean. I didn't know it was a skype thing; I just always blame Australia's crappy internet providers.

I think skype is great and love the sensual build up from text to voice and then cam when it feels right
Always get butterflies in my tummy when I get a new contact and start chatting wondering where it will lead!

Ah. The resurrected Skype thread...it's been informative. I've not used Skype for video or voice oddly enough and prefer it to YM for text. For the limited Video/Voice I prefer FaceTime. As to Kik and other chat...nope.
For all of the convenience of text messaging on cellphone or computer I prefer an actual conversation. Guess I'll always be a bit of a happy neo-luddite in some respects.

Back