Songs/pieces of music that bring tears to your eyes/take your breath away, etc.

Best Day of My Life ~ American Authors

It's impossible not to be happy and dance to this song...impossible!
 
At Last - Etta James [tears and breathless]

Trouble - Ray LeMontagne [breathless...*fanning herself*]


(Um.... what is Spotify?)
 
Listen to Your Heart, the DHT version, not the Roxette version, that just makes me want to tease my hair.

Yes. This song is class.

I'm gonna have to throw out La Cienega Just Smiled by Ryan Adams. Oh man. This song holds a special place in my heart. This song was shared by a very special person with me. After a week in Los Angeles I got to spend a good a out of time with her. However, it seemed like it was goodbye at the time. I remember driving to the airport, saddened by my departure, listening to this song. I crossed over La Cienega Blvd and it was just surreal, you know? Man, it tugged at my heart and my fan must've been blowing too hard because my eyes started watering.

I'll throw out Caravan, Let Her Go and The Last Unicorn by Passenger.
 
Let's also add a couple of John Mayer songs:

Slow Dancing In A Burning Room- this one is so indicative of that feeling you get when you try to save a relationship that is going sour. :( Oh it's pure truth.

Dear Marie- I think we all have that person that we wonder what happened to them after high school or whatever.

And one non John Mayer one...

Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars- I defy anyone to listen to that and not feel something.
 
Last edited:
Any good sunsets? I mean that sounds like something you'd be into in LA? Australian Loster Tail?

I had dinner at some really posh restaurants. Australian Lobster tail was on the menu my final night. There was one night that I had dinner at a beautiful sunset. I'm not used to ocean view sunsets, being on the easy coast. Only a few places have I ever been to see a Beachy sunset.

LA has a lot of memories for me.

And that song... Man.
 
That's the best way I've heard that song described. That song makes me want to eat a bag of marshmallows, all at once, then pour a bottle of chocolate sauce down my throat, followed by a tub of ice-cream, a giant bag of potato chips and a family size block of chocolate. All washed down with a bottle of Tequila, and crying like a baby. Nice visual huh?

I don't even like ice-cream.

Fuck that song.

So brutal.... and this description might be the best thing I've read all day.


No Ordinary Love - Sade
You Had Time - Ani Difranco
Across the Universe - Beatles
Nightcall - London Grammar
 
2 to weep to
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
How Great Thou Art. (Softly song to my religious mom minutes before death)

On a happier sexy note 2 that revs my libido
Europa - Gato Barbieri
Avalon - Brian Ferry
 
Here's a great oldie done wonderfully that makes my eyes water

Dancing in the Dark - Jane Monheit
 
"Seal Lullaby" by Eric Whitaker.
Theme from "To Kill a Mockingbird"
The Razor's Edge movie soundtrack.
 
Back
Top