Legally Binding Terms of Use (closed for Sensualista)

frictional

Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 2, 2016
Posts
136
“Jesus! Why won’t she settle? You offered her, what? Half a million?”

The middle-aged executive ran his hand nervously through his thinning hair. He looked anguished.

Richard Carson smiled wryly at his client. He shook his head.

“I’m afraid we’ve got a crusader on our hands, Carl. She doesn’t care about money at this point. She’s doing it to make a point.”

“A point? What point?”

“That she thinks you’re disgusting piece of shit.”

The older man’s face turned dark.

“What the fuck? You’re my attorney, you asshole! You’re supposed to be on my side!”

Richard slapped the man on the shoulder and laughed. “And I am, Carl! I am! Don’t worry! The case against you isn’t that strong. It’s basically he said, she said. We’ll get her up on the stand, make her look like a slut, tie her counsel up in knots. You won’t pay a cent.”

Richard Carson was the best business attorney in the state. He specialized in defending his corporate clients against frivolous (or sometimes not so frivolous) lawsuits. Tall, tanned, fit, with brilliant blue eyes and close-cropped salt-and-pepper hair, he exuded power and confidence. His suit was Hugo Boss, his shirts bespoke, his shoes hand-sewn Italian leather. He rarely lost. Most of the time simply the knowledge that he was representing a client was enough to get the opposition to settle out of court.

Most of the time. But not this time.

He wondered who he was going up against. Probably some hotshot punk fresh out of law school, eager to prove himself. Whoever this guy was, he must have balls of steel.

Oh, well. Time to teach the new kid a lesson.

The courtroom swung open. Richard picked up his briefcase and led his client in.

“Courage, man,” he whispered under his breath. “Like I told you, it’s open and shut. Stop looking so guilty.”
 
Lisa Carmichael was shaking. The idea of having to see her tormentor again and tell a whole courtroom what he had done to her and made her do seemed overwhelming for the young, pretty secretary.

"Maybe I should have taken the settlement", she whispered hoarsely, her fingernails nervously tapping onto the table in the conference room.

Victoria Frost was doing her best to sound cool and confident to reassure her client, who was just now having a terrible case of last minute jitters. "Lisa, listen. Of course it would have been easier to settle, but remember what you said to me when we first met. You wanted to make sure that this son of a bitch never does anything like this again to anyone. You came to me to protect other women from him and to me that makes you a goddamn hero. I am not going to lie, the other side's counsel is good. They will try to shame, discredit and humiliate you. Don't let them! You are standing up here for what is right and just. I want you to be proud of that. Let me worry about dealing with the opposition", Victoria finished her peptalk.

From the look on her client's face it had worked. Hopefully it had also worked on Victoria herself. Her knees would have shaken, had she allowed herself the display of such weakness. She was fresh out of law school, having graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Law, in her first year as an associate at Myers, McKenzie and Smith. This was her first big case as first (and only) chair, even if it was pro bono.

She had gotten the case because noone else fancied going up against a large multinational corporation represented by Richard Carson when the client had refused a settlement due to the confidentiality clause it contained. Victoria was under no illusion that she was out of her depth here. Yes, she had won every mock trial she had ever competed in, but this was real court against one of the best lawyers in the country.

"Just don't embarrass yourself, Frost", Victoria said to herself.

Victoria moved a stray strand of her long, silky blonde hair back behind her ear, the rest of it being tied in a chignon at the back of her head. Updos made you look more professional and older, which in her case was sorely needed.

Her large green looked soft and innocent and her finely-featured, beautiful face and slender yet curvy hourglass figure made it hard for her to be taken seriously, until she opened her mouth. Only then did people realise that behind the barbie exterior was a razor sharp mind and tongue.

"Showtime, Frost. Remember, offense is the best defense".

With a sure step, Victoria strode towards the courtroom displaying a confidence she didnt really feel, Lisa following her lead, a grim determination on her face.
As Victoria and her client sat down at her bench, she glanced over at the defense attorney. He looked smug, raising a perfectly groomed eye brow at her, clearly wondering when the real attorney was going to show. Cold anger rose in Victoria's body. She was going to show that arrogant bastard what she was made of. Her green eyes blazed dangerously as she held his gaze, reluctantly admitting to herself that he was handsome.
 
Last edited:
Richard had a hard time not laughing out loud.

At first he’d thought the perky, little blonde sitting at the other table must be a paralegal. She seemed far too young and pretty to be opposing counsel. But as soon as the judge had called the proceedings to order, it became clear that yes, in fact, she really was the plaintiff’s attorney. Unbelievable.

He leaned over and nudged the Carl in the ribs. “I told you not to worry. I wouldn’t be surprised if this the first time Ms. Frost has ever been inside a real courtroom. This will be a cakewalk.”

Richard sighed inwardly, though, secretly disappointed by this turn of events. He liked it better when his opponents put up a real fight. Easy cases were boring cases, and Richard hated being bored. The next week was likely to be just a matter of going through the motions. He didn’t expect pretty Ms. Frost to come up with any legal tricks that would actually challenge him.

Still, he smirked, if he had to spend the next week being bored out of his mind, at least he had something attractive to look at. Ms. Frost was dressed in a conservative gray suit, but there was no hiding the fact that she had a very nice figure. When she rose to approach the bench he took the opportunity to enjoy a nice long look at her shapely bottom. Maybe this week won’t be so bad after all.

Ms. Frost turned to sit down, and as she did she caught where he was looking and flashed him a look of pure venom. Richard smiled back at her, cocking his head to one side and shrugging. Yes, you caught me. Guilty as charged. Fuming, she marched back to the plaintiff’s table.

So it seems that you are more than just a pretty face, aren’t you Ms. Frost? You possess some spirit, even if you are young and inexperienced. It couldn’t have been easy going through law school looking like that. Maybe you will surprise me after all.

As the day wore on, it became increasingly clear that Ms. Front did indeed know her stuff. She handled herself well enough during jury selection, carefully questioning each of the prospective jurors. She rejected several middle-aged men who obviously would have been sympathetic to his client, but she also disqualified a plain young woman with a prudish, disapproving air about her – exactly the sort of juror who might have been swayed by the argument that Ms. Carmichael was a vindictive jilted lover. It was a thoroughly professional job, and only the slightest quaver in Ms. Frost’s voice revealed how nervous she was.

When the judge adjourned the court with a bang of his gavel, Richard stood up and walked over to the opposing bench. Ms. Frost was sifting through her papers and didn’t hear him approach. She jumped slightly when he spoke.

“Hello, I’m Richard Carson,” he said, extending his hand and smiling. “Good job today.”
 
Victoria was keeping it together through her first ever real Jury selection by nothing more than grim determination. Maybe the exceptional sleeziness of Mr. Hotshot Lawyer was helping. Did he really check her out in the middle of court?

Carson was so infuriatingly cocky. When she had caught him looking at her butt, he had just smirked that handsome, bad-boy smile, which seemed to have gotten him out of all kinds of trouble before. It wouldn't with her, Victoria clearly had his number. She had been hit on by variations of his type since she was 14. His kind promised a girl the world and then left right after he got what he wanted. As if she was that gullible.

Victoria had hoped that his sleezy act would mean he would be distracted in court but it turned out he was good, maybe even good enough to deserve his reputation and the exorbitant fees he charged his clients. She stifled a sigh. It really had been too much to hope he was a retard in his wits as well as in his behaviour. No such luck. He was clearly wip smart, his questions intelligent, quick and precise. He did everything with an air of nonchalence, smiling winningly, joking with the orderlies and generally putting people at ease. He was playing the people around him like a master manipulator, hiding his scheming behind that goodlooking bad-boy exterior. He was clearly more than a pretty face and a few tired jokes. She needed to be on guard.

Mercifully Victoria made it through the day without any major hick-ups. She always worked better under pressure and anger cleared her mind. Maybe she should thank him for being such a jerk, keeping her mind so nice and clear for her.

Victoria took the time to squeeze Lisa's hand reassuringly with genuine warmth. "Today has gone well and we are on track for opening arguments tomorrow. Try to get some rest and just be good to yourself, ok", she suggested. Lisa nodded and with a grateful smile left the room.

Victoria was thinking about her opening argument as she put away all the documents pertaining to her case. She was so focused, she didnt hear or see him approach, his deep, masculine voice startling her.

"Hello, I'm Richard Carson", he said with his signature smile, stretching out his hand towards her.

"No kidding", Victoria thought, shaking it overly firmly. "Victoria Frost", she replied.
"Good job today", he added.

Sleezy and patronising. Wow, a new low for mankind and her expectations hadn't been very high. Fuck him!

She only raised an eyebrow, looking at him with her large, expressive green eyes in a way that let him know he had been weighed, measured and found wanting.

"Was there anything else, Mr. Carson? Some of us actually need to keep our eyes on the case", Victoria replied with a slight edge in her voice before calmly getting up and walking right past him. "Or maybe I am just a lot more distracting than you are", she asked rhetorically, emerald eyes blazingly, clearly mocking him. Her heels clacked rhythmically against the hardwood floor as she glided out of the courtroom without a second glance.

She hadn't been nick-named "The Ice Queen" for nothing. Maybe it wasn't smart to alienate a named partner in one of the largest firms in the state, but damn, did it feel satisfying. The expression on his face had been priceless.
 
Last edited:
Richard watched as Ms. Frost stalked out of the courtroom.

“Has anyone ever told you you’re cute when you’re angry?” he called out after her. He noticed that her spine stiffened slightly in response to his remark, which made him smile.

“What the hell are you doing?” Carl Gortner was standing at his elbow, looking peeved. “Were you actually flirting with her lawyer?”

Richard laughed.

“Not flirting, just messing with her.” He tapped his forehead with his finger. “Mind games, Carl. The more pissed she is at me, the less she’ll be able to concentrate on your case. If I can get her angry enough, she might even screw up so badly we can have the case thrown out.”

He said the words with conviction, but as he was saying them, he knew they were a lie. Yeah, to tell the truth, he had been flirting with her. There was something about Ms. Frost that piqued his interest, and it wasn’t just her cute little ass. Her icy demeanor fascinated him. What was really like she underneath all that armor? Why was she working so hard to hide herself from the world?

She was like a puzzle box, and Richard had never been able to resist a good puzzle. The only question was, how to open her? What button did he need to press? What knob did he need to twist?

No, this week wasn’t going to be boring after all.

“Come on,” Richard said to his client. “I’ll buy you a drink and we’ll discuss tomorrow’s strategy.”

* * *

The next day in court began with their opening remarks. As counsel for the plaintiff, Ms. Frost went first. Her opening gambit was exactly what Richard had expected, a brutal blow-by-blow description of all the things that Carl was accused of doing to Ms. Carmichael while she’d worked for him at the investment bank. All the sexual innuendo and the groping, the hints that she might lose her job if she didn’t comply, the blow jobs in the supply closet, the secret rendezvouses at the cheap motel. All of it.

Richard watched Ms. Carmichael closely as Ms. Frost ran down the list. He watched as her cheeks turned bright red and she sunk lower and lower in her seat. Clearly she was mortified. Meanwhile, Ms. Frost was practically quivering with righteous anger. She kept gesturing toward Carl, pointing at him accusingly, her green eyes flashing. When she finally finished, the look on her face was triumphant.

Richard rose to make his rebuttal. He smiled and turned to face the jury.

“First, I’d like to thank Ms. Frost for her eloquent description of what transpired between my client and Ms. Carmichael. She has quite a way with words doesn’t she? A real knack for description. The images she conjured up were quite vivid. I was afraid we might have to call for a recess after her ... performance.”

He cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. A few of the jurors chuckled. He turned and winked at Ms. Frost.

“Nevertheless,” he continued, turning back to the jury. “The issue before you is not whether the events described by Ms. Frost actually took place. Mr. Gortner freely admits that they did. The issue is one of consent. Ms. Frost maintains that Ms. Carmichael was coerced into these acts. However, during this trial we will prove that rather than being a passive victim, Ms. Carmichael was an active and enthusiastic participant. We will prove that she actively sought out a sexual relationship with my client. And that it was only when he tried to bring the affair to an end that she concocted her tales of coercion and harassment.”
 
Last edited:
Victoria couldn't suppress her spine stiffening in response to his flirty taunt. He certainly knew how to get under her skin and she hated that. She had seen first hand with her mother what happened to a woman who let go of control, who let herself fall too deeply in love and lust with a man and Victoria had no intention of letting this ever happen to her.

Her past boyfriends had therefore been nice, normal, sweet guys, the kind that opened doors, couldnt do enough trying to please her and that you could bring to your family's thanksgiving dinner, where everyone told you what a keeper he was.

Her sharp tongue and quick mind had scared many suitors away, but her beautiful face and seductive body had drawn the thick and the overconfident like moths to a flame. She had never really experienced the seductive power of an alpha male, until now. Richard Carson was a smug son of a bitch but he certainly was that and it had a strange effect on her...

***

Victoria had started her opening strong, trying her best to make this personal for the members of the jury and to bring out their protective instincts towards her client.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury", she started confidently as she walked to face them.

"I d like for you to take a moment. Just one moment for you to imagine that you or a woman close to you, maybe your sister, your daughter, your mother or your best friend finds itself in an impossible situation.

Rent is overdue, recession is raving and you need the money you make desperately to make ends meet. I'm sure we have all been in situations, where we were brought to the very edge of what we thought we were capable of, when our need was greatest.

Now imagine that your boss, the man who decides whether you keep your job or not, whether you'll be able to pay your rent or whether you'll be out on the streets starts to come onto you. Imagine he insinuates that personnel cuts are on their way and that your job, your livelihood, your safety net is in jeopardy.

Whilst he does this, his hand, without invitation starts to take liberties as he casually mentions that he could protect you, if you were willing to be... A very good girl. What would you do? What would you do when your back is against the wall and an authority figure who holds all the cards starts to use his power against you?

What if your mother was ill and hospital bills were stacking up and your keeping your job with its benefits might make the difference between life and death for the person you love the most? ", Victoria asked, her eyebrow raised, her eyes meeting those of every member of the jury, checking that they understood, that she had reached them.

She proceeded to outline everything that had happened between them, giving her anger reign.

"The defense might try to tell you that this was consensual, that my client wanted this to happen. I only ask you one thing. When one person holds all the cards to determine the outcome of another's career and livelihood, did my client really have the option to say no? Knowing that a no to her boss might lead to dire consequences for her and those she loved? I don't believe she did and that, honored members of the jury is why we are here today. To make sure that innocent, hardworking women like Lisa Carmichael have the right to do their jobs without the fear of molestation or abuse."

Victoria sat down, pleased with how her opening had gone. Lisa had nodded to her reassuringly, so Victoria was feeling fine, until Mr. Sleezeball got up.

The way he mocked her with his patronising remarks made her blood boil and her small fist clench under the table. Victoria's face gave nothing away, except for her eyes, which promised a slow and painful death to Mr. Carson as he smiled and winked at her.

She was going to crush him. Victoria had no idea how, but she would wipe the sleezy overconfident smile off of his gorgeous face. Had she just called him gorgeous? "Get it together, Frost", Victoria chided herself fiercely.

As expected he claimed it was consensual, but she hoped she could prove otherwise. She was going to make the sleezeball's life hard.

When he asked his first question of the first witness, Victoria objected.
"Objection, your honor, relevance." She kept objecting to almost every single question that cameout of his mouth, trying to get him off his game.

"Objection your honor, leading a witness", Victoria called, a dangerous smile on her lips.

"Approach the bench, both of you", the judge commanded.

"This is going to be a very long trial if you keep objecting like that, Ms Frost", he started. He was a kind older man, who reminded her a bit of her own dad.

"I am sorry your honor. I would have hoped that Mr. Carson would be better informed about questioning a witness, given his age and experience". Victoria emphasised the word age as though he was a senile old pensioner.

"Or Maybe he is just out of practice, but I am certainly happy to give him a few pointers", Victoria suggested innocently. The judge barely stifled a laugh.
 
Last edited:
She needed to be taught a lesson.

Richard sat at the defense table, drumming his fingers in frustration. He still wore his habitual courtroom expression of calm indifference, but inside he was seething. Clearly he’d underestimated Ms. Frost. Not her intelligence – he’d seen that right of the bat. But her boldness. Her audacity. He hadn’t expected her to launch such a direct attack against his competence and authority.

It was an attack that he couldn’t let go unanswered. A great deal of his success as an attorney was due to his reputation. There were many cases he won simply because people expected him to win. Because other lawyers were afraid to challenge him. If word got out that he’d allowed this inexperienced slip of a girl to insult him to his face, he’d never live it down.

So she needed to be taught a lesson. She needed to be punished for her insolence. The only question was how.

He glanced over at her. She was questioning the bank receptionist about Carl’s phone records – a meaningless exercise since he already admitted in his opening statement that the affair had taken place. Instead of standing there so proud and confident, he imagined Ms. Frost down on her knees. Down on her knees and stripped stark naked, humiliated in front of the entire courtroom. Humiliated and begging for mercy, tears in those big green eyes of hers.

A flicker of an idea crossed his mind.

He moved for a brief recess and stepped out into the hall. Pulling his phone out of his jacket pocket, he quickly dialed the number of the private investigator he kept on retainer.

“Frank? Listen. I need a job done quick. I need all the dirt you can dig up on a certain Victoria Frost. She’s an associate at Myers, McKenzie and Smith. Yeah, another lawyer. Don’t take more than an hour or two. If you find anything interesting, send me an email. I’ll read it on my phone.”

He hung up and smiled. He might not be able to strip Ms. Frost physically naked, but stripping her emotionally naked? That was entirely possible.

* * *

The report showed up two hours later. Richard skimmed it while Ms. Frost was questioning a psychologist about the long-term psychological effects of sexual harassment. As he flicked through the pages on his phone, he was dismayed to discover that the young attorney was squeaky clean. She’d sailed from success to success without the slightest whiff of impropriety at any step of her education or her career. She’d never even posted an embarrassing picture on Facebook.

And then something leaped out at him. It wasn’t about Ms. Frost herself. It was about her mother. But it was just the leverage he needed.

* * *

“Your witness, counselor” Ms. Frost said with a smirk.

Richard rose to address the psychologist.

“Dr. Markham, you’ve been very eloquent on the subject of the psychological trauma that can result from unwanted sexual advances.”

The man on the stand nodded. “Thank you.”

“But I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about female desire. Is it possible for a woman to be sexually attracted to a man simply because he’s dangerous? Because he’s bad for her?”

The doctor shrugged. “I suppose so. The range of human sexual response is very broad.”

Richard turned and looked directly Ms. Frost as he continued his questioning. “So would it possible that a happily-married professional woman with a family who depends on her … let’s say, for the sake of argument, she has a 10-year-old daughter … would it be possible for a woman like that to suddenly throw everything away just for the thrill of illicit sex?”

All the color had drained out of Ms. Frost’s face. Gotcha, Richard thought.

“I suppose it’s possible,” the psychologist said. “I don’t quite understand why you’re asking this.”

“I’m just trying to get some background, Dr. Markham. I’m just trying to establish some context. And would you say that that woman’s daughter might subconsciously have a desire to emulate her mother when she grew up? That no matter how successful or powerful the young woman became, she might find herself drawn to a similar sort of dangerous man?”

He looked straight at Ms. Frost as he said the words.

Stunned, she managed to stutter out a challenge. “I object! Objection! Opposing counsel’s disgusting insinuations are irrelevant to Ms. Carmichael’s case!”

“Objection sustained,” the judge said.

Don’t fuck with me, Ms. Frost. Don’t fuck with me.
 
She had simply wanted to wipe the smirk off of his arrogant face and give him a little patronising taste of his own medicine. Her banter had had an edge, yes, but she hadnt been out to destroy him. Apparantly Mr. Carson couldn't take as good as he gave. She'd shown him a knife and he had gone thermonuclear on her.

How did he even know? Victoria's knees were shaking, luckily mostly covered by the bench she sat behind. "Breathe in, breathe out, Frost. That's it. Breathe in, breathe out", she could feel the tears pushing upwards and the panic rising. She pushed them down. She had to get the fuck out of here. NOW.

"Requesting adjournment your honor to prepare for cross examination", Victoria managed to say with a surprisingly steady voice, continuing to keep her main focus on breathing in and out. She could do this. She could stave off this panic attack, like she had before. She couldnt have a full on breakdown at court.

"Meeting adjourned. We will be hearing the plaintiff with this witness tomorrow at 10am.", The gavel struck. Victoria forced herself to give Lisa's shoulder a squeeze. "We did well today", she said with a forced smile, forcing the rising panic down with an iron fist.

Lisa only nodded. "What a douche. Just go, sweetheart, I'll be alright", giving the defense attorney a venomous glance.

Victoria discreetly supported herself with the desk as she got up.

"Breathe in, breathe out, one step at a time, Frost. You can fucking do this. Don't give him the satisfaction". She managed to make her legs stop shaking and could only hope they would carry her somewhere private. As she walked past where he sat, her head held up high and her step seemingly confident, he got a tiny glimpse behind the slipping mask. The normally so fiery green eyes were suspiciously shiny, her hand showing the slightest tremor. Nothing anyone but the most astute observer would notice, as she was hiding it well. Her expression in that one glimpse he caught seemed so utterly vulnerable and helpless and so determined to not let him or anyone else see.

He saw, just for a moment his facade slipping as he realised, truly realised what he had done. She walked past, everything a blurr as she somehow made it to the ladies washroom. She closed the door behind her, locked the stall and collapsed on the seat, tears streaming down her face. Her heartwrenching sobs, so long held back were finally pouring out of her. Victoria's precious control had evaporated.

How had he known to go there? To expose her greatest fear, the control of which had shaped the majority of her decisions and life choices? But yes, deep inside she had always been afraid. So afraid of what she might be capable of doing if she ever really let go and trust a man, let herself feel that passion, let herself feel the emotions her friends were dreamily talking about.

All the relationships with nice boys, the lukewarm sex, being in control of her own destiny, it had all been to avoid answering the most important question of her life. What would she do for a man she truly wanted? Would she throw all reason to the wind, become a shadow of her former self and hurt everyone she loved? Would she become her mother? After another 15 minutes in the ladies bathroom, Victoria trusted herself to rejoin the world, if only to make it to her apartment as quickly as humanly possible. She dabbed away her tears, fixed her makeup and hair, only the slightly red puffiness of her eyes betraying a hint of what she had experienced.

Her composure was back on the surface, but it was strained. She was emotionally wrung out and exhausted, she needed sleep and some food. As she exited the bathroom stall, she saw him, casually leaning against the wall by the watercooler in his impeccable suit. As she walked out, his eyes came up to meet hers.

Was he here to gloat and rub it in? She prayed he hadnt seen the terror, hoped he could be fooled like everyone else, scared away by the ice queen. At least he wasn't smiling. Victoria quickened her step trying to avoid another confrontation with him. Not today. Hopefully tomorrow "the Ice Queen" was back. Tonight it was only Vicky and Vicky had no defense against a man like him.
 
Last edited:
The blow had definitely landed.

The look on her face as she’d fled from the courtroom told the whole story. Her teary eyes, her flushed cheeks. She looked utterly shattered, like she was barely holding herself together through sheer force of will. He imagined her huddled in a stall in the ladies room, sobbing bitterly, her carefully constructed professional persona smashed to pieces. It was her first big case, and she’d cracked on the second day.

Richard realized with a jolt that he actually felt sorry for her.

He’d gambled that Ms. Frost still carried the scars from her mother’s abandonment, and that gamble had clearly paid off. But it had paid off far more richly than he’d even intended. She taken a swipe at his authority and he’d hit back hard. Too hard. He’d meant to knock her back on her heels, make her afraid of him, make her respect him. He hadn’t intended to destroy her.

A curious feeling of protectiveness came over him. There was an intriguing inner vulnerability to Ms. Frost, an alluring helplessness that was only magnified by her tough façade. That tough façade had triggered his dominant impulses, prompted him to lash out at her, to put her in her place. But now that he’d actually done it, that he’d actually broken her, he didn’t feel triumphant. He didn’t feel the rush of satisfaction that he usually felt when he scored a courtroom victory.

Instead, Richard felt a powerful urge to … to take care of her. He wanted to hold her tight, and tell her that everything would be alright. He wanted to let her cry out her shame and frustration in his strong arms. He wanted to feel her small body trembling as he comforted her ….

He shook his head, trying to dispel these strange thoughts. Jesus, where had that all come from? What the hell was going on?


* * *

When Ms. Frost came out of the bathroom he was waiting for her. It was obvious that she’d been crying. He saw her hesitate as she saw him. He knew she wanted to run away. And he also knew that her stubbornness wouldn’t let her. It was that inner steel that made her vulnerability so appealing.

She walked straight up to him, head held high, perfectly in control.

“Ms. Frost,” he said.

She nodded at him. “Mr. Carson.”

“I take it that I made my point? And don't pretend you don't understand what I'm talking about. You're too smart for that.”
 
Last edited:
"The only way out is through", Victoria steeled herself, as he seemed to be waiting for her. She knew she looked a little puffy, but there was no way he could know for sure what she had done in that bathroom.

"Just a stomach bug", she explained herself, not knowing why he was putting her so on her back feet just with his intense blue gaze, "I couldn't wait to get out of there".

That much had been true at least. He didnt look like he was buying it. Maybe Mr. Sleezeball was more perceptive than she had hoped.

"I take it I made my point", he said, his blue eyes piercing hers, his masculine presence moving in on her.

That did it. Her mouth opened slightly in outrage at his nerve to rub his callous, underhanded maneuver in her face. The last shred of self control left as for maybe the first time in her life she just let it rip.

"And what point would that be, Mr. Carson", she asked heatedly, her normally tight rational self control completely absent. She was pure emotion, an angel of righteous fury, giving her the strength to let him know exactly what she thought of him.

"The point that you are an arrogant, callous prick, who is so insecure, he needs to play dirty tricks on his opposition on her very first case? The point that you are a despicable human being or maybe the point that you let a pretty little girl of an associate get under your hotshot lawyer skin? Any of those points you want me to get? If so, I got them, thanks", Victoria spat.

"Now I'd appreciate if you'd get out of my fucking way so I can get myself ready to kick your sorry ass tomorrow in court and take that rapist down", she raged, the fire clearly back but without anything to temper or reign her in.

"You and your dirtbag of a client clearly deserve each other. I hope you have a good day, Mr. Carson", Victoria added hotly and turned around. A wave of exhaustion overcame her, and she almost stumbled, before catching herself. She couldn't believe she had said those things to him. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Frost", she cringed, making her way to her little trusty old car. She hated that he had gotten under her skin. She had never lost her temper like that before. Why did he affect her that much?

When she finally arrived at her small apartment, her hands shook as she opened her door. The apartment was functional but basic, perfectly neat and tidy, minimalist. It practically screamed control freak.

The resident control freak was deperately trying to regain control. She collapsed on the couch, the takeout container of freshly made sushi in her hand. No plates today.
She flicked on the tv. She needed some of the strong stuff. Three episodes of "Frasier" and a small tray full of sushi later, Victoria was back. She ran herself a bath and reviewed her case notes. Tomorrow was going to be a big day. She was going to come back at the psychotheapist again."Thank you for introducing attraction into the line of questioning, Mr. Carson", she thought darkly.

After another few notes on her case files, Victoria finally settled in the small bathtub, allowing herself to let the tensions and exhaustion from this shitty day to wash away. She focused on her breath, visualising herself calm and strong on the courtroom tomorrow, facing Mr. Sleezeball after her embarassing outburst today.
He was just some guy. Just some random guy, who thought too much of himself.
"Take him down, Frost", she thought, "take him down good".

***

The next day Victoria wore a form fitted black suit with a kneelength skirt, white blouse and 3 inch heels, accentuating her body. She had dressed for war and if her outfit distracted opposite counsel, then so be it.

When she walked into the courtroom she saw Mr. Sleezeball sitting there. Were his eyes tightening as she walked in or did she imagine that? She gave him a radiant smile, maybe even using his own teethflashing signature grin against him. Her heart was racing. He was one of the best lawyers in the country and she was playing cat and mouse with him. She could pretend she was the cat, but she knew she was just a very crafty little mouse. Lets hope the cat didnt realise that.

Victoria went straight back to questioning the psychologist.

"Dr. Markham. Yesterday you answered some of my esteemed colleagues questions around attraction. May I ask what makes you an expert in this field", she asked.

"Attraction and sexual conduct have been my research focus for over 10 years. I am often asked to act as an expert witness in these matters", he replied.

"Excellent. Do you use a scale rating system to determine personal attractiveness, Dr. Markham, or are you familiar with such a system", she enquired, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, I do use such a system."

"Could you explain it to us, please, Dr?"

"Of course, typically we rate people on a scale between 0-10 for attractiveness, which is an indication of their appeal to the opposite sex", he explained calmly.

"Excellent. Dr. As an expert, how would you rate my client, Ms Carmichael on this attractiveness scale and please be honest", Victoria requested.

"A 7 to 8", he replied without hesitation.

"And what about the defendent, how would you rate his attractiveness in your professional opinion", she asked, a small smile playing around her eyes.

"Maybe a 3", Dr Markham responded mire hesitantly.

"Fabulous. Dr., what in your professional opinion could motivate a woman, who is a 7 or 8 on the scale to get into an affair with a man who is a 3?"

"Typically money or power", he replied. "Pairings of this level of difference in attractiveness are typically security motivated."

"Thank you, Doctor. Do you believe it is likely for a woman, like Lisa Carmichael, a 7-8 to initiate or seek to sustain a sexual relationship with a man like Mr. Gortner without a security component, such as, i.e. Job stability or financial security", Victoria asked, moving in for the kill.

"Highly unlikely, Ms. Frost", he admitted. Victoria glanced over at the defendant table and saw the almost purple face of Mr. Gortner.

"Thank you, Doctor. No further questions", she added with a radiant smile before sitting back down.

Your move sleezeball.
 
Fuck her.

Whatever sympathy Richard had felt for Ms. Frost after she had fled the courtroom had evaporated in the heat of her withering outburst in the courthouse hallway. The look of raw fury in her eyes, the way that she had spat her words at him, her full lips curling in contempt. He’d thought he’d put her in her place, but clearly he’d miscalculated. Instead of being broken by his insinuations, she’d exploded into a white hot ball of irrational rage.

He laughed at his previous foolish fantasies of trying to comfort and protect her. What the fuck had he been thinking? You might as well try to comfort a cornered wolverine. He flexed his hands, imagining how satisfying it would feel to have them around Ms. Frost’s slender neck. How delicious it would be to see a look of fear in those big green eyes. Richard Carson wasn’t naturally a violent man – he preferred cutting words over physical force – but right now, at this moment, seething with rage, he actually wanted to hurt her.

What had she called him? “An arrogant, callous, prick”? Do you want to see what an arrogant, callous prick I can really be, Ms. Frost? Do you want to know what I can do to you if I’m not trying to hold back?

Fuck her. Fuck her until she cries and begs for mercy. Then fuck her again.

* * *

It was obvious that she’d dressed with him in mind. The tight skirt, the high heels, the nipped waist that accentuated her breasts – it was like she was daring him to look at her: “You want to check me out, asshole? Well here are the goods. Stare all you like.”

So, of course, he made a point of not looking.

She smiled at him as she walked in, a brilliant smug grin. He arched one eyebrow in response. If she were hoping that she’d get a rise out of him that easily, she was sadly mistaken. The rage he’d experience the night before had subsided, replaced with cool, calculated detachment.

It was clear now that he wasn’t going to break Ms. Frost with a single courtroom trick. Instead he was going to ramp up the pressure, press her until she lost her composure, provoke her into another outburst in court like the one in the corridor the night before. But break her he would.

* * *

"Thank you, Doctor. Do you believe it is likely for a woman, like Lisa Carmichael, a 7-8 to initiate or seek to sustain a sexual relationship with a man like Mr. Gortner without a security component?”

"Highly unlikely, Ms. Frost.”


Richard adjusted his jacket as he rose to question Dr. Markham. “Just a few more questions, if you please.”

“Of course.”

“You just testified that it would be highly unlikely for a woman as attractive as Ms. Carmichael to be interested in a man who looks like Mr. Gortner without, as you put it, ‘a security component’.”

“Yes, that’s what I said.”

“But isn’t it true, doctor, that physical attractiveness is only one aspect of what makes a person sexually desirable?”

“Well, I ….”

“Isn’t it true, doctor, that money and power can themselves be aphrodisiacs? Isn’t it true that the ‘security component’ as you describe it, could itself be the very thing that make a woman sexually desire a man, regardless of how handsome he is?”

The psychologist shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“Yes, it is true that some people are attracted to power.”

“Some people are attracted to power.” Richard Carson tapped his finger to his lip thoughtfully. He turned and looked directly at Ms. Frost as he continued. “They’re drawn to it, but at the same time terrified by it. Terrified by what it what it might mean to submit to that power. And terrified people can … lash out. Lose control of themselves.”

The look in Ms. Frost’s eyes was exquisite. Smiling, Richard turned back to the psychologist.

“I’m not sure what you’re asking?” the psychologist said.

“I’m asking you if it’s possible that a woman might be attracted to a powerful man because he is powerful, and yet terrified of the implications of that attraction. Terrified of what that attraction says about her as a person. I’m asking if such a woman could lash out at that man in a blind rage, try to hurt him, merely because he made her recognize something about herself that she despises.”

The psychologist nodded awkwardly. “Yes, but … .”

“Yes,” Richard said, nodding to the jury as he cut the man off. “Yes. I thought as much. No further questions.”
 
Victoria had sat down feeling confident.

Then he had gotten up and this time Carson had brought his A game. Her mouth mentally dropped. He was formidable, the way he owned that therapist and the room. It was ... Sexy.

When his finger touched his lip thoughtfully, Victoria's eyes were drawn to his sensuous mouth. She couldn't help wondering what it would feel like to be kissed by those lips. Well..., taking Carson into consideration, maybe a more appropiate word would be.. Ravished. Her heart was beating faster and she could feel heat rising from deep within her belly. He was turning her on and it was unnerving her...

His next words took her by surprise. It was as though he was speaking directly to her, as though he saw every little dark thought that had ever lived in her mind. She felt exposed under these intelligent and commanding eyes, vulnerable and very much like a woman. How did he do that? How did he just pierce through her tough exterior so effortlessly, when it had work to keep everyone else away?

Victoria felt fear gripping her belly. He was dangerous, especially dangerous to her. She also felt another feeling rise, which disturbed her even more - arousal.
She could feel her nipples hardening as his blue gaze held hers.
Victoria had tried to get him off his game with her body today. She truly was the mouse in this game and maybe less cunning than she had thought herself.

Someone spoke. She looked up and saw all eyes on her.
"Excuse me, could you repeat that please, your honor", she asked, discipline keeping her voice steady.

"Yes, Ms. Frost, I was asking if you were ready to call your next witness."

"Yes, your honor. We would like to call Miss Laura Watson to the stand."

She could see Mr. Gortners face pale and heard Carson's immediate objection.

"Your honor we have added a new witness to the list, who we have only been informed of this morning. Miss Watson can add some crucial information to the case regarding Mr. Gortners past behaviour", Victoria stated, finding her confidence again. Whilst a part of her was shaking, another part of her was loving the excitement of going up against an attorney of Carson's calibre. It was exhilarating.

"I will allow it, Miss Frost", the judge conceded.

"Thank you your honor", Victoria stated with a gentle smile.

Over the next half hour, Victoria very skillfully questioned her witness, a previous HR manager of one of Gortner's previous employers. She testified that in Gortner's five years withing the company, five complaints from different women were lodged against him. Most of the women were either moved to different positions or six months later let go off after a poor performance review from Gortner.

"Did you ever speak to these women", Victoria asked.

"Yes, I did. Their stories were all scarily similar even though none of those women had met before. They all complained that Gortner had made inappropiate demands in exchange for job security and pay rises."

"Thank you, Miss Watson. No further questions, your honor."

That should be checkmate. Unless he was even better than everyone thought he was.
 
Five other women. Fuck. Richard shot a quick glance at Gortner and knew instantly from the poleaxed look on the man’s face that what Laura Watson was saying must be true. Goddamn it. He had specifically asked Carl before he took his case if this was the first time he’d been accused of something like this, and he’d sworn up and down that it was. Gortner, you stupid fucker. Why did you lie to me? What, were you afraid I that I was going to look down on you? That I was going to judge you? I’m your lawyer, you dumb cocksucker. It’s not my job to judge you. It’s my job to get you off the hook. And that job had just become exponentially harder.

The worst part was the look on Ms. Frost’s face. She knew she had him by the balls. It was obvious by her little satisfied smile. Oh, she must be enjoying herself a great deal right now. Her first time at the rodeo and she takes down Richard Carson, the biggest bull of all.

But … there was something else in her expression as well. Something other than just gloating. Her eyes were just a little too bright. It was as though she was waiting for something. Expecting something. Expecting something from him. Expecting something … amazing.

Then the realization hit him. What she really wanted, more than winning, was to see what he would do. There was almost an eagerness to it. It was as though she were whispering “Come on, Carson, show me what you’ve got.” Her look was more than mere curiosity. There was a charged, erotic edge to it.

When he’d made the remark to her about some women being aroused by power, it had been pure gamesmanship. He’d just been trying to get a rise out of her, to throw her off balance. Now it occurred to him that, in her case, it might actually be true.

He felt a sudden throb between his legs. He wasn’t hard. But he wasn’t entirely not hard either. Jesus fuck, what the hell?

Taking a deep breath he stood up to confront the witness.

“Miss Watson, first off, allow me to commend you. It must have taken a great deal of bravery for you to agree to testify today.”

The woman looked confused.

“Bravery? Well, I don’t know about that.” She smiled nervously. “I’m just trying to do what’s right.”

He nodded.

“I’m sure you are. It’s just … well … agreeing to testify under oath. To say the things you’ve said. Not everyone would be willing to take the risk.”

Her brow furrowed. “The risk?”

“The risk of being accused of perjury, Miss Watson. It’s a very serious charge, perjury. It carries a prison sentence.”

“But that’s only if you lie. I’m not lying, Mr. Carson. I know what I heard.”

“I’m sure you do, Miss Watson. But I want you to stop to consider whether what you heard was actually the truth. These other women, the ones who made accusations against Mr. Gortner, did any of them swear under oath that their accusations were true?”

The woman on the stand looked worried.

“Well, no. These were just complaints to the personnel department. No one swore anything under oath.”

“So these five women, none of them felt confident enough about their accusations to make them in court? Even though, from what you’ve said, each of them had more than enough cause to sue Mr. Gortner for harassment. They were willing to make these accusations when there was no risk to them personally. But they weren’t when they might have to face serious consequence if their accusations proved to be false. They weren’t willing to risk a charge of perjury. Is that correct?”

“Well, yes, I suppose so. But they were very convincing ….”

“Are you trained to investigate charges of sexual harassment, Miss Watson?”

She lowered her eyes.

“No, I’m not.”

“And in your position as an HR manager, have you ever observed employees making false claims in order to gain some benefit or advantage. I remind you that you are under oath. Please be truthful.”

She looked crestfallen.

“Yes I have. Occasionally. But these five … .”

“That’s all I need Miss Watson. Thank you very much. You’ve been very helpful.”
 
Victoria had to admire his balls.
Gortner's face had screamed guilt and she had caught the smallest tightening of Carson's mouth. Gortner hadn't told him about this. What an idiot to withhold anything so crucial from your lawyer especially if you paid them as much as he was paying Carson.

Looking as calm and as in control as ever, he had gotten up as though this was an entirely expected development. She wouldn't want to play Carson in a poker game. Well, actually she would..., but she would have to be prepared to lose her last shirt, maybe literally. Victoria couldnt suppress a pleasurable shiver at the thought.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Frost", Victoria chided herself. What was it with him. She normally was so in control, cool and unaffected by men, what was so different about him? She wasn't calling him Sleezeball anymore, maybe because he was actually as good as he thought he was and that was intriguing.

Victoria had always been used to being the smarter person in her relationships and friendships. He was smart, maybe equal, maybe more...

With a deep breath she brought herself back to the courtroom. Carson was making the jury question her watertight witness, making the witness question herself. Victoria couldn't suppress a smile. It was a hail mary, but he made it look and sound like the real deal.

Her green eyes were watching him as he sat back down. He was unexpected.

"Move to strike Mr. Carsons questioning of the last witness,your honor", Victoria called, noticing his eyes on her now.

"Why would I do that, Miss Frost", the judge asked kindly.

"You could take your pick between argumentative and badgering a witness, your honor", Victoria smiled.

"Overruled", the judge stated. Her smile deepened. "Mr. Carsons questions are now part of the testimony, your honor? Could the clark please read back a passage 5 minutes ago. I think it is is important that the jury hears it again", she added.

The clerk proceeded to reread the section, where Carson had talked about the 5 women being unwilling to prosecute, thereby lowering their credibility.

"If this is the case your honor, then opposite counsel admits that Ms. Carmichael, taking the risk she does to testify under oath is much more likely to be telling the truth."

"Objection, Ms Frost is testifying", Richards deep voice rang.

"Withdrawn", she added with a wink, after all the jury had already heard.

The judge adjourned soon after, with cross examinations of Ms Carmichael and possibly Mr. Gortner up tomorrow.

This had been fun. Way too much fun. "What are you getting yourself into Frost", Victoria wondered.
 
This time Ms. Frost was the one waiting outside the courtroom.

It was quite a transformation from the shattered young woman who had called him an “arrogant prick” the day before and stormed off. The day before she’d been on the verge of tears, almost out of control with rage and humiliation. Today she looked utterly calm and composed, a faint smile playing on her full lips.

She’d gotten the better of him today and she knew it. She wanted to gloat and Richard had to admit, she’d earned the right to. That last little bit of theater with the court record had been a masterstroke. Using his own words to convince the jury that her client was trustworthy – well played, counselor, well played.

He knew he ought to be angry with her. After all, he’d set out to destroy her today, and she’d thwarted him at every turn. But his professional respect for her courtroom acumen outweighed his personal animosity. Hadn’t he wanted a worthy opponent? Well, he’d certainly gotten one. She might be a pain in the ass, but she certainly wasn’t boring.

He flashed back to the moment when he’d begun his cross examination of Miss Watson. The way she had looked at him then, the intensity of her gaze. He had taunted her about being aroused by power, but he’d seen it her eyes. At that moment, she’d wanted him. Or rather, she’d wanted him to want her.

“Come on Carson, show me what you’ve got.”

He did want her. Very much. Seeing her now, like this, so confident and self-assured, he couldn’t deny it. He didn’t want her because he needed to hurt or punish her, and he didn’t want her because he needed to comfort or protect her. He wanted her because she was strong and smart and beautiful and he wanted very badly to possess something so amazing and rare, the way you might covet an original work of art, or a precious gem.

He was acutely aware of the curves of her body. Her black suit was tightly cut, and it wasn’t hard to imagine what she would look like without it. Her elegant thighs, the perfect swell of her hips, her full breasts. He wanted to strip her expensive suit off of her body and savor her nakedness. He wanted to run his hands over every inch of her, taking possession of every intimate part of her.

The throb in his crotch was stronger than before. Not strong enough to show through his trousers, but strong enough to concentrate his attention.

None of his inner turmoil showed on his face as he strode confidently toward her. He saw her brace herself, readying herself for the confrontation she was sure was coming. She’d beaten him today. What would he do to for revenge?

Instead he extended his hand and smiled.

“Nicely done in there, Ms. Frost. I have to admit, you’re a worthy opponent.”

The look of shock on her face was priceless.

“But I wouldn’t start counting your fee just yet,” he said, with a twinkle in his eye. “You’ll need a repeat performance tomorrow if you want to win this thing.”
 
Victoria was leaning against the wall near the water cooler, exactly at the place he had waited for her yesterday after her little meltdown. "Karma is a bitch, Carson", she thought to herself with a small smile.

She knew she was playing with fire here. Victoria may have gotten the upper hand today, but she had partially gotten lucky with her surprise witness. He shouldnt have been able to question her testimony, but he'd found a way to do so anyway.

There he was. Tall, tanned, in his tailored suit, which emphasised his broad shoulders and toned figure. The ready, sexy smile and these steel-blue eyes that a careless woman could lose herself in. A careless woman like her... Victoria brought herself back. This would be suicide. He was everything she had craved for so long and everything she had denied herself in order to stay in control and keep herself safe. Now here he was and her body was seducing her towards the abyss, the place where she had no control, none at all. She had a feeling he would be waiting there for her...

His eyes were on her now as Carson came towards her. Having his full attention on her made her swallow. It was like being in the spotlight in front of thousands of people, not knowing your lines. Her heart was beating faster as he moved towards her with dangerous grace, like a big cat, stalking its prey.

When he stood close to her, she could feel his presence like a touch on her skin. The masculine presence of power and control that radiated from every cell of his being was intoxicating. His fragrance enveloped her; expensive cologne and...man. Her lips parted as her breath came faster. "Get it together, Frost", she pleaded with herself, trying to push these thoughts down into the deepest corner of her mind.

When he stretched out his hands to congratulate, Victoria's mouth almost dropped. There was no hint of his earlier mockery, no patronising, just respect and something else she couldn't quite put her finger on.

"I have to admit you are a worthy opponent", his deep voice had said. Did every word he utter have to sound so damn sexy? She couldn't help feeling pleased at the compliment. Surprised and pleased. She shook his outstretched hand, the touch sending little shots of electric current through her body. Fuck. She was only touching his hand and her nipples were hard. Luckily she was wearing a suit jacket hiding her arousal, but being so affected by him physically was still beyond embarrassing. What would it feel like if those hands were touching other parts of her body? Victoria shuddered. She was slowly losing it here.

"Thank you, Mr. Carson. It seems you inspire me... In many ways", her melodic voice had said huskily, her now deep, green eyes looking up at him, holding his gaze. The tension between them was palpable. After an infinite moment, Victoria shook herself out of it. "Don't go there, Frost, please don't go there", her subconscious was screaming.

She couldnt believe she'd said that. She had flirted with him.

"I must go", her voice soft as she pulled herself away from impending doom. It had been so much harder than it should have been to leave.
 
That moment in the corridor, the look in her eyes, the almost palpable sense of desire.

If they had been alone, he would have kissed her right then and there. He would have grabbed her by the shoulders and kissed her hard on the lips. He would have kissed her until she melted against him, her delicate body pressed tight and close.

The scent of her perfume still lingered in his nostrils, warm and musky. He wanted to smell it on her naked skin. He wanted to press his lips against her beautiful throat, kiss along her exposed collarbone, kiss the tender flesh of her bare breasts, kiss the soft curve of her naked belly ….

They were absolutely going to sleep together, he realized. With the chemistry that he had just experienced with her, the sense of mutual longing, it was inevitable. But “sleep together” wasn’t really the right word, was it? Not with an attraction this strong. No, he was going to fuck her. Richard Carson was going to fuck Victoria Frost. And it was going to be incredible.

His cock throbbed in his trousers, rock hard, needy.

Jesus Christ, how was he ever going to make it through the last day of the trial?


* * *

He arrived at the courthouse a few minutes before her. Gortner was there already. The man was a wreck. He looked like he’d been up all night – sweaty and pale, with dark circles under his eyes. Clearly yesterday’s testimony had seriously rattled him. Richard looked at him with contempt. Professional ethics meant he would defend him as best he could, but honestly the man deserved to lose.

“Remember what we rehearsed. She came on to you. She turned against you when you tried to put an end to it. Stick to the story and we still might get you through this.”

Gortner shook his head. “We’re going to lose. I can feel it.”

“We’re definitely going to lose if you walk in there with that attitude. The jury has to believe you’re the innocent one here, that you’re the one who’s been wronged. Got it?”

Gortner nodded. “Got it.” He said the words, but it was clear he didn’t believe it.

Richard heard the click of familiar heels on the marble floor. He turned away from his client to see Victoria approaching.
 
Butterflies in her stomach. What an odd expression. Victoria now understood what her friends had been talking about. It was a heady mix of excitement, arousal, curiosity and an overwhelming sense of aliveness. As Victoria left the courthouse, her heart was still beating fast. She could feel the intensity of his gaze lingering, almost as though a part of him was still with her, touching her.

Gooseflesh was lining Victoria's arm as she hugged herself. What an amazing and exceptional experience. She had never known what she had denied her body.

Then reality hit her. This was Richard Carson she was thinking about. Womaniser, Playboy, Egomaniac, ruthless Conqueror. She had to be mad to even consider going down that road. Or maybe just suicidal. Victoria knew deep inside that she just didnt have the necessary experience to handle a man like him. Yes, she had had relationships in the past, even sex, but what he was opening her up to was a completely unfamiliar landscape of her inner being and her body. Did she dare? Could she really risk letting these feelings rise up and claim what remained of her sanity?

No. No way. Victoria had worked so hard to create the controlled, capable, in charge facade that the "Ice Queen" presented to the world. It had worked to keep most people who had the ability to hurt her away. Victoria seemed strong and her spirit certainly was, but a part of her was scared. Scared to lose control, lose herself, go against everything she believed in in the arms of a man. Her mother had done so and she feared that maybe, like for a heriditary disease, the predisposition was in her blood, in her bones, waiting to surface whenever Victoria let her guard down. And she had let her guard down.

Her body wanted him. Carson had opened a door to a hidden part of herself, long suppressed, denied, but never extinguished. Her curiosity wanted to know more. Feel more. Experience this fierce fire igniting her body to the full. Her rational mind screamed a fierce NO. Even if she had been prepared to go there, she couldnt do it with him.

When she hadn't played ball according to his rules, he had lashed out to destroy and humilate her. He was ruthless, driven, determined to win at any cost, no matter who suffered. He wasn't a safe pair of hands, even if she had been ready to explore the possibility. Her body was trying to tempt her towards him and his steely blue eyes, his strong arms and his intoxicating presence, but her formidable mind and will pushed those feelings down.

"Snap out of it, Frost", she commanded herself.

She would not go down that route. Could not go down that route. Carson would swallow her whole and then spit her out lost and broken when he was bored with her. She wasn't that stupid.

And yet, she wanted him. The power of this want was physical in its intensity as though her body was demanding his touch. What an incredble mindfuck this man turned out to be.

Luckily this trial would soon be over. She would never have to see him again and could just get on with her nice, normal, life. Her controlled, boring, predictable life. She could live without the level of excitement and aliveness that being with him promised. She had before and she could again, even though it would be so much harder to live this way, now that she had had a glimpse of what was out there.
Tough. Victoria took a deep breath to steel herself. She had to face him and her own less rational desires again today, but she could be prepared.

If she could make it through today, she would be safe. Victoria dressed like a general might prepare for a critical battle. She chose her most formal outfit, a soft grey tailored jacket and mid calf skirt, paired with grey 3 inch heels. A fully buttoned up blouse with a pearl necklace and a very sleek chignon gave her a stern air of professionalism.

This was her armor. Ice queen mode fully engaged. She could only hope that it would shield her both from Carson's lusty eye and her own dangerous thoughts. She was as ready as she would ever be. "Showtime, Frost."

***

When she walked into the courtroom, Victoria's spine was straighter than ever. Without a glance to the defendant's table she walked to her own and sat down, eyes firmly fixed on the judges bench. When Lisa arrived moments later, Victoria squeezed her hand reassuringly. They had prepared long and well for this and she was confident that Lisa would hold up.

It took all the discipline she had to not glance even once at Carson. She busied herself with a number of documents and brought her mind to the case ahead until the judge walked in.

"Are you ready to call your next witness, Ms Frost?"

"Yes your honor. We call Lisa Carmichael to the stand."

Victoria ran through all of the prepared questions with Lisa. How had it started, who had initiated it, why had she gone along, why hadn't she stopped. Victoria preempted some of the defenses tougher questions, phrased much milder to prepare Lisa for what was to come. It would also make Carson look like a sleezeball if he asked the same challenging question again, just in a harsher way.

After an hour, Victoria had finished. As her eyes cast over the jury, she could see nods and genuine expressions of care for her client. Good. Please let that be enough.

"No further questions, your honor", Victoria finished. Now the torture would begin for both her and Lisa. There was no way she could avoid looking at Carson now. She balled her hand into a fist under the table. She would stay strong. She had to stay strong. Please let her stay strong.
 
Last edited:
When Victoria walked into the courtroom she was pure ice. The way she was dressed, the way she carried herself – she was the epitome of professionalism. There wasn’t the slightest trace of the passionate creature that he’d glimpsed in the corridor the day before. She didn’t even glance in his direction.

Secretly, Richard breathed a sigh of relief. If she had been dressed the way she’d been yesterday, he wasn’t sure he would have been able to make it through the cross-examination.

He watched with admiration as she walked Ms. Carmichael through her testimony, building on the narrative that she’d laid the foundation for yesterday. Ms. Carmichael was an excellent witness, plainspoken and fearless. He voice only quavered occasionally. There were just enough tears to make her sympathetic. And the hatred and revulsion she directed toward Gortner was incredibly genuine.

By the time she handed the witness over to him for his cross-examination, he knew the case was doomed. He could read it in the faces of the jury. They already were convinced she was telling the truth, and Gortner’s manifestly guilty demeanor didn’t help matters any. Professionalism demanded that he make an effort, and make an effort he did, carefully pressing Ms. Carmichael on each of the points that Victoria had raised. But even then he had to be wary – with the jury so clearly on her side the harder he pressed the more they would pity her. Victoria had neatly boxed him in, leaving him no room to maneuver.

Gortner testified last, and even Victoria seemed to realize by now that it was over. Her questions to him were vaguely contemptuous, almost scolding. The man’s answers were sullen and monosyllabic. Every word he spoke made the jury hate him more. Richard leaned back in his chair, a resigned expression on his face. Gortner had dug his own grave when he’d decided not to reveal his past indiscretions. When Victoria finally turned the witness over to him, the man looked at him with a pleading expression, as if to say “come on, work your magic, save me.”

Richard just shook his head and flashed the judge a wry smile.

“No further questions your honor.”

* * *

The deliberations were quick, the verdict swift. Ms. Carmichael got everything she’d asked for, plus punitive damages. When Gortner tried to complain, Richard waved him away with a dismissive gesture.

“I don’t work for you any more, Carl. Go away.”

* * *

He caught up with Victoria in the corridor outside the courtroom. Lisa Carmichael was hugging her, an ecstatic expression on her face. The younger woman was showering her with praise. Victoria looked intensely uncomfortable at the attention.

Richard waited until Lisa left before approaching her.

“Well, Ms. Frost, it seems to me that I gravely underestimated you. To be fair though,” he added, flashing her a sheepish grin, “You have to admit, my client didn’t do me any favors.”

The look on her face was complicated. Pride, wariness, her eyes slightly narrowed, her cheeks slightly flushed. Yesterday he had been convinced that she was on the verge of throwing herself at him. Today, she was back on guard. Which only made him want her more.

“In any case, after cruel things I said to you at the beginning of the trial, I think I owe you. If you’re not too exhausted from having thoroughly kicked my ass, would you like to have dinner?”
 
Last edited:
It was initially hard for Victoria to focus her attention on the proceedings and away from her own treacherous body or Carson's devilishly handsome face. It was her clients distress that saved her day. No matter how much turmoil she was feeling personally, another's suffering could always focus Victoria's mind.

As the day went on, Victoria got more and more comfortable, fully engaged in protecting her client in cross examination and as a crusader of justice when questioning Gortner. She was undeniably passionate, the vivid expressions on her face in strong contrast to the starkness of her attire.

Carson was good, continuing with skillful questioning after it was clear that his client was already doomed. A for professionalism.

When the gavel fell for the last time that day after the verdict came in, Victoria let out the breath she hadnt realised she was holding. Lisa had gotten what she had asked for plus punitive damages. She would be set for life! When Lisa Carmichael hugged her, tears streaming down her face, Victoria felt strangely happy and at peace. She had done something good here. She had helped to uphold justice. That, at least, was something she could be proud of.

Despite her success, Victoria was overwhelmed by conflicting emotions. She was normally so stable in her tightly controlled feelings, that she simply wasn't prepared for the emotional rollercoaster the last few days had taken her on. She was elated at her victory, over the Richard Carson no less, yet also drained and confused, again by the Richard bloody Carson, who seemingly couldnt leave her in peace.

Speaking of the devil, here he was again, confident smile on his handsome face, right in front of her. Couldnt a girl catch a break around here?

His self-deprecating humor surprised her. Not quite what she had expected of the egomanic sleezeball she had pegged him as. Victoria's eyes widened at his next words. Did that sound like an apology? Granted, he didnt really ask for forgiveness but his wrongdoing and regret was implied. Her head was spinning, assaulted by his nearness again, her body responding.

The more daring and reckless side of her was curious to continue their cat and mouse game and her emotional freefall into the abyss of her hidden desires. But her reason and self control, demanding her to stay away from the danger that was him was even stronger. Being in such close range to Mr. Carson, his eyes on her, was thrilling, but undeniably self-destructive for someone as comparably sheltered and inexperienced as her.

"Thank you, Mr. Carson, I appreciate the compliment. It has been a unique challenge to go up against you. I appreciate the offer but I will have to decline", Victoria said, trying to keep her voice steady, as self preservation won out over desire.

Her work phone rang, the number clearly MMS, but unfamiliar. She picked up:
"Matthew Myers here. I have just heard of your excellent job in court. Winning against Richard Carson in your first ever trial, respect Ms. Frost. How did he take it", Myers asked with a grin. "You'd need to ask him yourself Sir, he is standing right next to me", Victoria answered.

Carson took the phone and jumped into some witty banter with her firms senior partner. He mentioned his invitation to dinner for Victoria and when the phone came back to her, Myers was basically commanding her to go: "Just relax and have a good time Ms. Frost, that's an order. Even his enemies admit that Richard Carson knows how to show a girl a good time. No arguments, go and enjoy yourself", he had admonished before hanging up.

Victoria looked up at Carson with despair, seeing a small smile playing around his lips. Great. She was trapped. Looks like the cat had caught herself a little mouse for dinner.

"It looks like I will have to join you tonight", Victoria said with a trace of defeat and exhaustion showing through in her voice. Her body was tingling in anticipating at spending time with him and at the same time her mind filled with dread. How was she going to make it through dinner with him in one piece? She wanted to cry in frustration. Being in a room close to him was the worst possible thing for her sanity or peace of mind. At least it would be in public.

Damn him. Damn, Myers, Carson and anyone else she could think of. At least she was dressed so conservatively that she didnt think even Mr. Smooth operator could try to look down her blouse.

What was she getting herself into? With a sigh she followed Carson outside and as he opened the door to his luxury car, she resignedly took a seat. "Deep breaths Frost. You can make it through one lousy dinner." At least she hoped she could. She prayed she would.
 
Last edited:
Richard chatted amiably about his law practice as they weaved through traffic on their way to the restaurant. Anecdotes about past cases, his receptionist’s new baby, a water leak in the copy room. He didn’t sound at all like a man who had just suffered a major defeat. Gortner and the entire trial were already forgotten, just one more tick mark in the “lose some” column.

From time to time he tried to draw Victoria into the conversation, but she warily held back. He glanced at her occasionally out of the corner of his eye. She kept her gaze resolutely focused straight ahead, refusing to even meet his eye. He could tell by the determined set of her jaw that she was concentrating on keeping herself tightly under control.

What’s going on in that brilliant mind of yours, Ms. Frost? Are you trying to figure out how to ditch me without annoying your boss? Or are you trying to keep the passionate side of your nature reined in?

Richard smiled to himself – whichever it was, it should be an interesting evening.

* * *

The restaurant was an unprepossessing little Italian place tucked away on a side street near the hills. Richard left his keys with the valet and escorted Victoria in. His hand briefly brushed against the small of her back as he guided her through the door. It was just the slightest of touches, but other than shaking her hand, it was the first time he had touched her body. Victoria hurried ahead of him into the dim restaurant.

The maître d’ smiled as he saw them.

“Mr. Carson, so good to see you again!”

“Thank, you Ricardo. I’m sorry to drop in on you without a reservation. This was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I hope you can find something for us.”

“For you, Mr. Carson, we always have a table.” He turned to Victoria. “And who is your lovely companion?”

“Just a business associate, Ricardo. Ms. Frost just won her first case. Against me.”

The man’s eyes widened.

“Against you? Then Ms. Frost must be a formidable lawyer indeed.”

He guided them to a small table off to one side.

“Private,” he said. “In case you have confidential business to discuss.”

“Thank you, Ricardo, you know me too well.”

The maître d’ handed them menus and a wine list. Richard took one glance at the wines and passed it back.

“I’ll let you decide for us, Ricardo. You know what I like. A domestic red, something with a rich bouquet and subtle undertones.”

He turned to Victoria. “I hope you’ll join me in a glass. We should toast your victory.”
 
Last edited:
Victoria slumped into the plush leather seat of his car with a sigh. How had she gotten herself into this situation? All she had wanted was to close her case, forget about Carson and move on with her life. Now he was sitting next to her, making idle conversation. At least she would be able to gather further evidence of his supreme unsuitability as the object of her desire. Or not.

Victoria hardly trusted her ears. She had expected the case anecdotes, even though he wasn't as boastful as she had thought him to be. Instead he was funny, even got a few laughs out of her. If she was honest, he was a great story teller.

She hadnt expected him to talk about day to day things. It strangely contradicted her impression of him as some dark master seductor. Was he trying to put her at ease? Was her nervousness that obvious? She hoped not.

Or maybe she had just thoroughly misunderstood the situation yesterday at the courthouse. Maybe he wasn't really interested in her that way after all. Part of her greatly relaxed at the thought, with only a tiny, more instinctive voice within her sounding her disappointment. She had sat in the car without giving him a single look. However determined she had been to hold onto her resolve, Victoria couldnt help relaxing at this almost normal, innuendo free conversation.

Maybe this wasn't going to be as much torture as she had feared. When they arrived in front of the restaurant, Victoria was hit with yet another surprise. She had expected him to take her to the flashest celeb joint in town to show off his connections, money and influence. The little unassuming Italian place was a far cry from that. Mr. Carson, eternal mystery and source of many a women's headaches, she imagined.

When his hand touched the small of her back, Victoria just managed to suppress a gasp. The electricity was back. Damn him. How could his touch affect her even through the layers of her super-conservative "ice queen" outfit. It just wasnt fair.

Victorias steps quickened to get away from his unsettling touch, entering through the door he had so chivalrously opened for her.

Inside, another surprise. He seemed full of those tonight. Carson acted like an actual decent human being. what a shocker! He was kind to the waiter, didn't try to show off his wealth and refinement with some fancy wine order and he gave Victoria credit without any edginess. Who was this man she was having dinner with?

"I hope you'll join me in a glass. We should toast your victory."

Victoria knew that keeping a clear head was going to be crucial. She was about to refuse, when she realised how much of a boring goody-two-shoes that made her look like. For some reason she cared what Carson thought of her, even if she couldn't quite admit that to herself.

"One glass would be fine, thanks", her melodic voice answered.

When the waiter returned with their wine to take their order, she asked for his suggestion. He had clearly been here before and should know what was good.

His hand brushed hers a couple of time "accidentally", each time sending shivers through her body. In the following conversation Richard Carson, wanted smooth operator, actually turned out to be a good listener. He asked thoughtful questions of her background and life and she answered honestly. Under his questions and obvious intelligence, Victoria came alive, talking about her degree and her work and family life. She was actually enjoying herself, which was disconcerting in its own right.

"So Mr. Carson, why really are we here", Victoria asked, looking at him for the first time this evening. "Why would you want to spend your evening with a first year associate? Don't you have anything better to do with your very billable time?"
 
Last edited:
As they talked over dinner (the first normal conversation they’d ever had, Richard realized) he saw her visibly relax. She leaned slightly forward, no longer stiff and upright. She occasionally gestured with her hands to make a point, her immaculately-manicured fingers tracing graceful arcs through the air. She even laughed once, a tiny titter that she immediately stifled with her hand.

All day long (all week long) she’d been like a tightly coiled spring. All steel and tension. Hard, but brittle. The Victoria sitting in front of him now was quite a different person. Not softer necessarily – she still had all the strength and quick wit that he’d seen the courtroom – but more relaxed and open. He kept catching teasing glimpses of the human being behind her hotshot lawyer persona.

The wine had brought a slight flush to her cheeks which Richard found indescribably adorable. It her stained her full lips a seductive shade of red. A few stray golden hairs had escaped from her chignon and trailed intriguing across her slender throat. At this moment, in the warm candlelight of the restaurant, she was achingly, disarmingly beautiful.

Richard had never had any trouble attracting women. He was rich, good-looking, successful – it had never been difficult to find a girl to share his bed. But he’d never felt what he was feeling right now. There were many women who he’d lusted after, who he’d wanted to fuck. And many women that he had. But he had never met a woman like Victoria before – a woman that he didn’t just want to fuck, but that he wanted to possess. He wanted her completely, not just her body, but her mind as well. And he hoped that maybe, just maybe, she wanted that too.

"So Mr. Carson, why really are we here? Why would you want to spend your evening with a first year associate? Don't you have anything better to do with your very billable time?"

He leaned back in his chair and sipped his wine. The moment of truth.

“We’re here because I’m fascinated by you, Ms. Frost. And not just by your legal mind – formidable though it is. No, I’m fascinated by the living person behind that mind. The ... woman ... behind that mind.”

She raised an eyebrow warily.

“Being a lawyer is all about control,” he continued. “Controlling yourself. Controlling others. You know that – or at least you seem to, considering how you handled yourself in court. You have remarkable … no, amazing … self-discipline.

“It's clear that there's something that you want very badly, Ms. Frost. But it's something that you’re afraid to let yourself have. You’re afraid to let yourself have it for fear that if you let go of your remarkable self-discipline, it will be gone forever. You’ll never get it back.”

His intense blue eyes were looking directly into hers. He took another sip of wine.

“What it is that you want so badly, Ms. Frost?”
 
Victoria's question had been playful, emboldened by the wine.

His answer came as a shock. He was fascinated by the woman behind the legal mind? Victoria could not help a shudder. Fuck. She had walked right into this. His words seemed to flow around her body like a lover's caress, his deep, sexy voice speaking directly to the long-suppressed but powerful volcano of desire inside her.

Her mouth had parted slightly, displaying her slightly moist, generous lips to his hungry eyes. Her heart beat faster, her pussy clenched at his words.
How did he manage to strip her so naked? How could he see so clearly what even Victoria hadn't allowed herself to fully realise? His words were truth, damn him. She was cornered. Under his steely, seductive gaze the vixen threatened to emerge from the very core of the ice queen.

"It's clear that there is something you want very badly, Ms Frost", he had said huskily, his voice lighting a fire in her belly that was threatening to consume the rest of her careful defenses against him.

"Yes, I want you", Victoria thought to herself, "but I am not fool enough to tell you."

When his intense blue eyes pinned hers, her breath caught. She couldn't escape his presence, which was reaching out towards her, affecting her with his powerful masculinity.

"What is it that you want so badly", he had asked, his eyes giving no quarter.

"I...I...dont know what you are talking about", Victoria said with little conviction, her eyes darting for a possible escape like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

His low chuckle, possibly one of the sexiest things she had ever heard, fed the fire within. She was losing control, losing it fast. If she didnt get out of here, she would do something she would regret.

When his tanned finger touched his lips, Victoria gasped. His mouth, so sensuous, she had wondered what his lips would feel like on her, kissing her mouth, kissing her body, teasing her nipples. What it would be like to be ravaged by Richard Carson? Damn fine, her body answered hungrily. Her nipples didnt seem to need Carsons lips, they were already straining against her white blouse, trying to bore their way towards freedom. He had commended her self displine but right about now it seemed pitifully unequipped to deal with an onslaught of such magnitude as him.

Victoria bit her lip. He knew. He seemed to know every single dirty, dark desire that she had ever had. He knew how to fan those flames and turn them against her. She had been so stupid to be lulled into a sense of security but now it was too late.

"You seem to know everything about me, Mr. Carson. Why don't you tell me", she whispered hoarsely, her heart beating and her pussy pulsing as heat rose in her being.
 
The deep flush in her cheeks was not from the wine. He’d gambled on what Victoria was feeling, and that gamble had paid off. He’d found the right button, the correct knob – and now he just needed to gently press, to slowly twist ….

Her green eyes were sparkling, so vivid and intense. Even through the thick cloth of her high-necked blouse, Richard could tell that her nipples were hard. And then she bit her lip. Richard knew that it was an unconscious reaction on her part. She wasn’t deliberately trying to be sexy. But it was so intensely and naturally erotic that the blood instantly rushed to his cock. He’d never gotten a full erection so quickly.

My God, if this was how Victoria was when she was holding herself back, what would she be like if she were actually trying to turn him on? What would she be like if she actually surrendered to her desires? He had a fleeting vision of that Victoria, naked in his bed, hair loose and wild, begging to be satisfied, desperately eager, utterly insatiable.

What am I unleashing here?

“Why don’t you tell me?”


Indeed, Ms. Frost. Why don't I?

Richard leaned forward so that their faces were only a few inches apart. Close enough for him to speak in a low whisper.

“I think what you want, Ms. Frost, is a strong hand. I think you want someone who can give you license to let yourself go. License to unleash that part of yourself that terrifies you so much. You want someone who will control you, not for their own selfish ends, but so that you can be free from the responsibility of having to control yourself. And you want someone who you can trust to give you that control back when you’re ready to have it.

“You have no reason to trust me, Ms. Frost. All week we’ve been at each other’s throats. I said things in the heat of our legal battle that hurt you. I’m sorry for that. I didn’t realize how personal the attack was. I won’t do that again. I hope you realize that. I hope you realize that you can trust me, even though, up to now, I've given you no reason to.

“I won’t lie to you, Ms. Frost. I’m no altruist. I’m not making the offer to help you. I’m making this offer because you’re the sexiest, most attractive, most interesting women I’ve ever met. I think I have what you need. And I’m more than willing to provide it.”
 
Back
Top