Honest Opinions, Please

TO THE: Last 3 posts

Look, you guys, enough bickering! lol

I am not taking ones advice and suggestions over the other, nor am I going back to look at their stories to judge who is right w/punctuation, etc.

Both elfin's and sr's advice were valid in my mind and points were taken.

But if you must, commence the bickering amongst yourselves. :)
 
Sorry, but once you start a thread, it's no longer yours. And if you want to take any willy nilly advice without checking the source, that's your problem and your false garden paths to saunter down.

I can pretty much tell you, though, that if/as you become a serious writer, you're going to be throwing this silly "I gotta be perfect" nonsense out the window. Because you never will be perfect (especially given the sliding scale of those around you on what "perfect" is). And that's OK.

And if you stay around here for any length of time, you'll discover the silly emptiness of Elfin for yourself.
 
Last edited:
you are right

Sorry, but once you start a thread, it's no longer yours. And if you want to take any willy nilly advice without checking the source, that's your problem and your false garden paths to saunter down.

I can pretty much tell you, though, that if/as you become a serious writer, you're going to be throwing this silly "I gotta be perfect" nonsense out the window. Because you never will be perfect (especially given the sliding scale of those around you on what "perfect" is). And that's OK.

And if you stay around here for any length of time, you'll discover the silly emptiness of Elfin for yourself.

I can't believe the pettiness and childish behavior of some of these writers...not all post here on the board. My thread just proved that point. But its ok. You've made your point of "losing control" of the thread. But I just check back for any new suggestions.

I've come to realize some people here already have long standing issues with the other. I just need to keep my mouth shut, which isn't always easy. Lol

The source issue I referred to were the good comments of flight time and my long winded rambling s I need to curb. Punctuation not so much. So going down the wrong path doesn't bother me too much. I may not always take their advice but I've had the same questions to myself, so the fact they mentioned it validated my concern.

I give myself another two months and I'll no longer post here anyway. I will post somewhere else. There is too much negativity on Lit and I'm tired of dealing with it. If I defend myself it just fuels the fire. So I can't win either way.

But I'll write because I enjoy it. No one can stop me from doing so. I just need to grow a thicker skin.
 
Last edited:
Nothing I've commented on here has been about the Chicago Manual of Style. It's been about what is needed to write fiction, which isn't covered in the CMS. Elfin, who hasn't posted any fiction to Literotica for nearly a decade was just being seriously anal retentive here in picking at her understanding of the details. Plane schedules and routes change all of the time. Literary license gives an author a great deal of latitude in not having to satisfy the views of the zanily anal retentive like Elfin on what they think the "facts" are/should be/need to be to in a story.

/what you should write to Literotica.

No, airlines flying from certain airports can and do change but routes and flying time remain fairly constant. In the Washington group, Dulles is a major international hub and National, BWI and Baltimore are subsidiary. The flight times are pretty constant and routes only change owing to weather conditions.

I just gave addicted my knowledge of UK immigration and US-UK flights which she is welcome to ignore if she wants.

In an international story which is going to be published, factual mistakes can put the reader off.

I just take your puppy-dog interest in me as flattery and long may you continue to be devoted.
 
Back
Top