"It Seems Weird, but..." (closed)

Pix

Literotica Guru
clean-cut-suit.jpg

Grant McCallum
Height: 6'2"

Grant McCallum looked at his body fresh from the shower in the mirror in his single bathroom. It wasn't much you'd expect from a one bedroom apartment just out of downtown, but it was was fine for him. He had been retiring at that same singles' apartment for years. Everyone around him had expressed their feelings about him moving for years, but Grant figured it was cheap and relatively safe. That was all he actually needed, anything else was a frill.

As he got dressed and combed his hair, he got really nervous about what was to happen. In his casual suit, Grant started to contemplate just exactly what the implications would be going on a double date. If things worked out with this blind date, these two friends would always be in his head asking about the relationship. If things went poorly, his friends would never think a hook up a pretty girl with him ever again.

Grant settled into the cab as they journeyed to the restaurant in the middle of the city. It was just a few blocks away from his law firm, but Grant could block out the environmental onslaught of doldrums from the area, however his anxiety was a different story.

He had heard the girl he was meeting was a different kind of chick than he was used to meeting. He was a tad excited but mostly nervous. He was the type of guy to stay in his element and not venture out of it.

Once he got to the bar, Grant greeted his friendds. They were seated with the blind date still absent.

Grant's female friend, Jill, leaned in, "She's on her way, Grant."

He waited patiently as he nodded at her.

Last edited:
4be611102dadd103233347f20c4ed82c.jpg

Olivia Monroe
Height: 5'4

"You haven't had a date in like, a year." Were the exact words out of Kara's mouth. Olivia Monroe smirked as she glanced in the mirror one last time, running her fingers through her long dark hair before heading out the door. Well, maybe that was true, but it was by choice that she had stayed single. She didn't have the time or the need to date. Her modeling and her work as a tattoo artist kept her pretty busy. So she wasn't really sure why she agreed to this double date thing. Maybe it was to cease Kara's incessant badgering. Maybe she was intrigued. Either way, she was doing it.

Kara hadn't told her much about the guy, only that he was a mutual friend, a lawyer, and attractive. Lawyer stiffs weren't usually her type, but Kara and her fiance Josh thought she'd "really like" him. She vowed to make it a fun evening whether they hit it off or not. After all, she was just doing this for Kara. At least if it ended badly, she'd have a reason to avoid any future blind date nagging from her.

She'd chosen a black halter top dress, that showed off her sleeve and back tattoos with a hint of ink on her chest peeking out above the front of the dress. Tattoos wound up her legs, disappearing under the bottom of the dress that stopped just above the knees. Her feet were encased in red strappy sandals. Tough she had so many tattoos, the only piercings she had were lobe and industrial in her ears and a small stud in her nose.

Olivia arrived at the bar about 10 minutes later than the agreed time. But her friends were used to be being late. She was perpetually late to most things. She was trying to work on that.

She entered the bar, glancing around and located her friends across the room. A man, who she assumed was her date, was sitting with his back to her. He appeared to be wearing a suit. Of course he was. She sighed and smiled as she drew closer, waving as Kara waved to her. Walking up to the table, she greeted her two friends and turned to the man. Well, he was handsome. "Hi...I'm Olivia."

As Grant talked to his friends while paying for the drinks they ordered at the bar while waiting for the table, he noticed their attention had been diverted. Obviously the mystery woman, Olivia, had arrived and they turned to greet her. He was getting more and more nervous. The weirdest part of this set up was that neither Kara nor Tim told him much about Olivia, other than the fact that she was pretty and self-possessed, whatever that meant.

As the bartender breaks his bill, he leaves a tip and turns around. Grant is shocked in an instant but tries his best not to show his reaction. He sees a woman he never could have pictured himself being with in even his wildest dreams. She's head to toe in ink and has the industrial piercing style in her ears. Her hair is long and dark, and partnered with the tattoos, really is striking against her fair skin.

Grant extends his hand and shakes Olivia's. It was firm and confident and the way she spoke seemed self-assured, but a bit skeptical. It seems like Olivia didn't think Grant was going to be who he was, or that she wasn't sure why Kara and Tim would set up a girl like her with a guy like him. Grant couldn't blame the hypothetical reaction, because it was the same actual reaction he had.

"Olivia," he says with an almost confusion, "a pleasure. I'm Grant."

The hostess came by and lead the four to their table. Kara and Tim took one side of the table and left Grant and Olivia to sit on the other side. It was probably their way of trying to get the blind daters to engage in quiet conversation among themselves. It wasn't exactly subtle, but it got the two close to each other.

"So, Olivia," Grant started a tad quietly, a little detached, "Kara didn't tell me exactly what it is you do. She said something about art, but didn't really elaborate."

Olivia offered Grant a warm smile. He was rather handsome, in a clean cut sort of way. His eyes were piercing and he looked friendly enough. She did find it humorous that he looked as hesitant and doubtful as she felt. He seemed nice enough though, so this might not be a total disaster.

"Nice to meet you, Grant." His hand shake was firm, his larger hand engulfing her smaller ones. Olivia shared a look with Kara as she and Tim quickly took one side of the table. Her look was a glare, but Kara countered with an innocent grin. She took her seat next to Grant, across from Kara. Her arm brushed against his as they sat close.

Olivia shed her glare, replacing it with a friendly smile when Grant spoke. He didn't seem to be speaking directly at her, but she couldn't blame him. It was difficult to completely diffuse the awkwardness of the situation. She would try though. So she sat up straight, looking directly at him.

"Yeah, Kara can be a bit vague sometimes." She joked, trying to keep the mood light. "Actually, I do enjoy art. I have a proclivity toward creating. I am a tattoo artist. I work at Dragon Ink over on Main. If you're ever in the market for some work, you should check us out. Maybe if I like you, I'll give you a discount." She teased, hoping that didn't come off as condescending. "But I also like to paint and write in my free time, just for fun. Oh and I do some freelance modeling on the side. Nothing big." She shrugged, realizing she'd been talking alot. She had a tendency to do that. "So...Grant...what is it exactly that you do? Besides be crazy enough to let yourself be set up on blind dates by these two idiots of course. At least we know we already have that in common!"

As Olivia talked, Grant was impressed by her affable confidence. She seemed like a fully realized woman even at first blush. It was a nice change of pace to hear someone so secure. In his world, everyone was so insecure and constantly looking over their shoulders. Not that the threat of someone stabbing you in the back wasn't there, it happened from time to time, Grant just thought the anxiety was counter productive. So it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone so relaxed and confident.

However, he did get distracted as she talked. He couldn't help but focus on her crazy amount of tattoos. Well, it was crazy compared to the world that Grant came from. He had two and usually assumed any room he's in he usually has the most.

He let her finish her introduction and thought it made sense she was a tattoo artist. She was around artists and tattoo needles all day, one would assume that environment would just breed more ideas to get inked permanently on your body. Then she asked what he did and he thought how he could not make his life sound so boring.

"So...Grant...what is it exactly that you do? Besides be crazy enough to let yourself be set up on blind dates by these two idiots of course. At least we know we already have that in common!"

Grant chuckled at her joke, "And they're terrible at it too, they don't even let us know what the other one does. Well, what I do is a lot more boring. I work in a giant law firm approving shipping contracts for transportation businesses. I don't want to brag or anything, but sometimes I'm able to sit in front of one computer for 8 straight hours during the day without moving."

He smiled hoping he was being a bit charming at least and thought to something else Olivia had said.

"Oh and I do some freelance modeling on the side. Nothing big."

"Hold on a second though," he said as he leaned in a little closer to her, "you model? What kind of modeling do you do?"

So he wasn't exactly a lawyer, Olivia thought as he revealed what he did for a living. She found herself enamored with the smoothness of his voice, elbow on the table and chin in her hand, facing him.
"I don't want to brag or anything, but sometimes I'm able to sit in front of one computer for 8 straight hours during the day without moving."
She laughed lightly at his joke. "Wow...that's impressive!" She said, grinning. So, yeah, he was a bit charismatic.

She was about to answer his question when someone came for their drink orders. They each ordered drinks and small plates of food to share. When the server moved away, Olivia turned back to Grant.

"Well, like I said, it's nothing big. But I do a bit of fashion modeling, mostly for magazines. Generally to show that girls with lots of tattoos can still be sexy." She shrugged. "People tend to see me and wonder what kind of person I must be to have so much of my body covered. They assume one thing or the other. I don't really pay much attention, but I do like to support body acceptance and appreciation, you know?"

"I think you definitely prove girls with tattoos can be sexy," Grant said sipping his drink before Tim started to interject with his own stories. The conversations became much more participatory with all members at the table involved. Soon the entrees came and some more drinks were consumed when the waitress came by to ask if anyone saved room for dessert.

"We'd love to," Kara answered, "but we really have to get home and let the babysitter go home. Here, run it on this card. It's our treat guys."

After the obligatory polite showing of saying "you shouldn't have" the waitress took Kara's credit card. As the waitress was gone, Kara leaned in and said, "The dessert here really isn't that great anyways. However, there's a great little place down the street. We'd go, but we really have to get home to the kid."

Grant smiled and nodded, knowing that this was exactly the plan she had had all night. The dinner obviously went well as far as blind dates go, but Kara's master plan was to get Grant and Olivia alone at some point, and romantic dessert down the street was the operation.

"Ahh, so this was the plan all along?" Grant asked coyly. "Ply us with booze and good food, then make sure we spend some time alone together?"

Grant turned his head to his date and asked, "You know, Olivia, this night hasn't been a disaster, what do you say? Should we head down the street to get a nightcap and a piece of cake?"

Olivia felt herself blush slightly at Grant's compliment. She meant to thank him but Tim started talking and the attention turned to him. The rest of the evening did go fairly well. She found Grant to be surprisingly funny and charming and definitely more intriguing than she originally thought he'd be. The conversation between the four of them flowed seamlessly.

When Kara suggested they get dessert without them, Olivia rolled her eyes but smiled at Grant. "She's so obvious, isn't she?" But Grant was right, she was enjoying herself and she wasn't one to call it an early night. "You know what? I'll take you up on that offer." She told him.

The waitress returned and Kara finished the transaction, leaving a tip. The four left the restaurant, said their goodbyes, with Kara whispering a "Good luck!" as she hugged Olivia, and then parted ways.

"Well, " Olivia said, turning toward Grant. "I guess they got what they wanted. But really, she's right, they do have the BEST chocolate cheesecake there!" She placed a hand on her stomach and moaned to show her appreciation of the sweets. "So damn good. And hey, it's a nice night, how do you feel about walking there?"

Hearing Olivia accept his offer to get dessert elated Grant. He also admired the playful nature in the way the tattoo artist/model did so. He was having much more fun on the date than he could have predicted, and that was a good thing, even if he did typically get annoyed when his predictions turned out wrong.

The two bid goodbye to their married friends and began walking down the street. It was an exceptionally nice evening before dinner, but over the short time the night air had gained a little bit of a chill. Grant looked at the tattooed arms of his date, and noticed they were uncovered. He wasn't always sure how to take advantage of situations to display a little chivalry, some appreciated it, other got offended, and that was among women who were like him working in law or accounting firms. He definitely didn't know how a woman like Olivia would react, a woman with piercings and ink, a woman so different from himself.

What's the worst that can happen? Grant thought to himself.

He slid out of his jacket and wrapped it around the shoulders of Olivia quickly.

"You looked a little chilly," he said and smiled at her as they walked.

Olivia smiled gratefully when Grant placed his jacket over her shoulders. She wasn't one to usually require chivalry but she did appreciate a nice gesture. "Thank you. I should have brought a jacket, but I'm kind of an idiot." She laughed lightly. "I never think about the weather." She paused. "Or maybe...I'm a sly genius who 'forgot' her jacket so that the charming boy would offer his." She raised her eyebrows, teasingly before laughing again.

As they walked, she took it upon herself to hook her arm through his, holding lightly onto his forearm. It was the first non-accidental physical contact they'd had all night. She was known to be a bit forward and she hoped he didn't mind her doing so.

Before long, they reached the shop and entered. It was a small, cozy place, that sold coffee, desserts, and alcohol. Fittingly called, "Wake and Bake." Olivia didn't let go of his arm until they reached the counter. They ordered drinks and a big slice of the chocolate cheesecake to share, then found a seat at a small table near the back.

Once Olivia took his jacket and liked arms with him, Grant knew the date was a success. He was totally confident that this was not going to be the only time these two see each other, but there was still time for the night to take an even more interesting turn than hitting it off. Not that he was willing to put pressure on finishing the night in a certain way, or even that he may have been ready for that, but he at least wanted to see where it finished up.

"You were right," Grant said as he removed the utensil from his mouth. "This is the best chocolate cheesecake I've ever had."

He set the spoon own on his place and took a sip from the port he had ordered. He was afraid to seem pretentious by ordering it, but an appreciation of fine liquor like scotch and port was something he had inherited from his grandfather, and he didn't want to hide that he was a port drinker. Like anybody else, Grant had pretended to be someone else in certain situations, sometimes on dates. And like anybody else he had learned it always ended up being the worst decision you could make.

"So, are you from here, Olivia?" Grant asked after sipping his drink, "And is it awkward that I've called you Olivia all night? Do you go by something shorter, or is Olivia fine?"

He chuckled a little bit at his barrage of questioning, but he truly was excited to get know as much about his date as possible. The tattoos had intrigued him, but it was her attitued that won him over.

"I told you!" She grinned when Grant expressed his love of the cake. "Now you know you can trust me."

She was impressed when he ordered the port. One thing most people didn't expect from her was that she too liked to partake in the finer side of the liquors. Sure, she liked her PBRs and lagers when she was just having fun, but tonight called for something a little more refined. She ordered a glass of single malt scotch, neat.

The more time she spent with Grant, the more she liked him. Of course, he could still stiff out on her. But she was getting good vibes so she didn't think that would be how the night would end. She was excited that things were going so well.

"See, it looks like we have a few things in common, after all." She said, clinking her glass to his.

She sat back in her seat as he asked her questions, sipping her whiskey. "Well...most people call me Liv, or Livvie. You can call me that, if you'd like. But...I do like the way you say my name. Olivia." She enunciated her name, imitating him.

"I'm actually from the south. Georgia. I found I didn't really fit in there, you know? I moved up North for college, finished my degree, then traveled around for a bit before I settled in here. I got the modeling contract and then the job at Dragon Ink and I haven't looked back since. What about you, Grant? How'd you end up here?"

She leaned forward again, propping on her elbows to study him, waiting for his reply.

He knew from dinner that Olivia had been something special, and she just reinforced that notion when she ordered the single malt at the bar. Grant started to think of the possibility of having her come over to his place sometime and do a taste test, maybe drink a little too much for a tasting. That was always a good time. There's also something exciting about a girl ordering something brown while the night is wrapping, that's someone who is always up for staying up for at least one more.

While Olivia answered his questions, Grant hung on every word she had to give him. She was so light and fun, and just appeared even more so as the port started to melt away Grant's insecurities and inhibitions. So much so that he took another large bite of the dessert he had convinced himself to stop eating only moments before.

"What about you, Grant? How'd you end up here?"

Grant noticed the way Olivia propped herself up on her elbows and thought it was cute. She almost appeared like a kid about to hear a great story. Unfortunately, he didn't have a great one to tell.

"I'm from a pretty blue collar city in New Jersey," he said plainly. He sometimes was cagey about that when he would deal with his peers in law school, or even in the office now. However, he felt safe around Olivia, and she didn't seem like the type of person to judge him for not being an old money New England blue blood. "It's not that it's a terrible place or anything, just not a lot of opportunity or 'culture' you could say. So I went to college out of state, didn't know what to do after, so I just thought more school would work. Picked law, and found out the opportunities are good here, so I stayed."

Grant took the check and paid for the dessert and drinks.

"So, Livvie the Southern Belle," Grant chuckled lightly and smiled, "what now? Do you need me to get you a cab or something?"

"Well, I have to say, I'm glad you ended up here. That we both ended up here." She said, finishing her drink, feeling a little more open and flirty. She thanked him when he paid for the cake and drinks.

"Southern Belle? Well, bless your heart, aren't you a sweetie?" She drawled playfully, laying on the southern accent. Then she laughed, returning to her normal voice. "But yeah, hardly."

They stood and she hooked her arm in his again. For someone who worked in a law firm, she noticed that he did have rather strong arms. That was nice.

"I guess you could. But...I dunno. It's still kind of early. Are you ready for this night to end, Grant?" She asked him as they walked out. She knew she wasn't. She wasn't sure where she wanted it to go. But she knew she didn't want to go home just yet.

The arms hooked again and Grant started to feel a tad light headed, but in the good way, the way you feel after the exact right amount of drinks. But Grant was sure the feeling didn't come from the alcohol over the course of the night, that was just gravy. He was hoping she wouldn't want to call it a night just yet, and thought there was a good chance she wouldn't given her drink order at dessert.

When Olivia said it was still early, Grant was excited and relieved, and started to rack his brain to try and come up with something for the two of them to do. There were obvious things any other guy would suggest, but he didn't want to be like any other douchebag that he worked with. No he thought he needed to come up with something a little more creative, a little more inventive.

"I know this great place to go," Grant told her and unhooked their arms as threw his up to hail a cab, "but we'll need this."

Grant poked his head into the cab and said something to the driver and then stepped out and held the door open.

"So, Olivia," he said smiling, "I have a ride for us, but the destination is a surprise."

Olivia was glad that he agreed that the night shouldn't end just yet. The fact that he had spoken with the cab driver and wouldn't tell her where they were going, only spoke to her sense of adventure. She was excited. It was refreshing. He was refreshing. Most guys she knew would suggest she come back to their place or something similar, showing they only wanted one thing. But it seemed Grant was different.

She quickly hopped in the cab, pulling the bottom of her dress down around her thighs as she settled in. "I love surprises." She told him. "I can't wait!"

Olivia knew she probably looked like an idiot with the grin permanently plastered across her face. But she couldn't help it. She was actually having a lot of fun with this guy. She looked over at him as they rode in the cab. The moonlight shone in through the window, illuminating his handsome face.

Boldly, she reached over and took his hand in hers, lacing their fingers together and resting their hands on his thigh. His larger hand fit perfectly in hers and she sighed contentedly, eagerly waiting to see where Grant was taking her.

Last edited:
As Olivia laced her fingers with Grant's, intertwining them, Grant's heart started to beat faster. He hoped his palms wouldn't sweat, but Olivia probably decided to chance it and he was grateful for that. He was unsure if she would have gotten into a cab with a guy she had never met before tonight without knowing where they were going, but when she did, he hoped he wasn't setting her up to be disappointed once they had arrived.

They got closer to their destination, and Grant wanted to bring Olivia's hand up to his lips so he could kiss it, but he decided against it. He just held it contentedly, stealing glances of her every now and then. The driver was a bit annoying, wanting to chit-chat the whole ride, barely leaving any time for Grant and Olivia to continue their date, but once they pulled up to their destination Grant didn't care and paid the driver.

He helped Olivia out of the cab and showed her their destination. It was a famous university in the city. Grant linked arms with Olivia, "Care to go for a stoll?"

When they arrived at their destination, Olivia was elated. She loved this campus. It was known for being one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country. And she couldn't think of a better place to go for a walk with Grant.

"Oh, I'd love to!" she grinned, her hand gripping his bicep as they linked arms again. She pulled herself in close to him as they walked. "God, this place is so gorgeous, isn't it? And such a perfect night to take it all in."

The campus was old, most of the original buildings still stood, mostly reinforced, but still had their antique look. Statues of the founders, large fountains, and wrought iron fences dotted the campus. It was beautifully landscaped, as well. She sometimes came here when she wanted to paint or write. She loved to sit against a tree in one of the large, open grassy areas, and be inspired.

"Thank you for bringing me here. It's one of my favorite places in the city." She told him.

They walked through the campus. Even though there were a lot of students hanging out, talking, pulling pranks, and whatever else, the two didn't fetch any looks for being older than everyone else. Maybe the students thought they were professors, or some other employees, but two non-students walking by didn't really do anything to warrant a response.

Grant and Olivia saw there was some organized even going on in the middle of the quad, so Grant stopped and leaned in. "I wonder what they're up to," he mused with a smile on his face. "Should we check it out? They may have beer."

He raised his eyebrows to try and appear a little more persuasive and playful.

Olivia looked over at the crowd curiously, but was content to keep walking, until Grant stopped and suggested they check it out. Maybe a party or a social gathering for some campus organization? She couldn't tell. But his smile and suggestive look showed that maybe Grant already had an idea of what was up. Or at least, he was just really wanting to convince her to check it out. And why not? It could be fun.

"Beer? Well, why the hell not then." She grinned and they started to walk over to gathering. "I'm not too old to crash a party."

As they approached the gathering, it appeared it was some sort of theater show. There was a makeshift stage in the center and two kids were on it performing what it appeared to be an old vaudeville type act. Grant smiled at Olivia and the two started watching the show. It was pretty funny and there had to have been about 75 students gathered watching the duo perform. Grant saw that there were students on the other side of the stage either waiting to perform or who had just gotten done.

Some of the kids standing around had piercings and tattoos.

Grant nudged Olivia lightly, whispering, "have you worked on any of these kids before? If you have maybe you could score a beer or something from then?"

Grant smiled and laughed.

Olivia was enjoying the show. Being the artsy type herself, she could always get down with creative performances. They watched for a bit and she found herself standing close to Grant, arms linked, her head on his shoulder as she watched. The duo finished performing and she pulled away to clap.

"have you worked on any of these kids before? If you have maybe you could score a beer or something from then?"

Olivia shrugged. "I don't recognize any faces, but then I work on a lot of people. But we don't need them, this is a free show, let's just go grab a beer." She took his hand and pulled him across the quad to where a refreshment stand stood. Since it was organized by the drama club on campus, this event was technically dry. But these were college kids. And there was no way there was no alcohol here. She saw that there was a cooler behind the stand and she walked over, spoke with the girl standing near it, and soon came back with two red cups of beer.

"Well, it's shitty beer, but it'll do." She said, handing him the cup as the next performers took the stage.

They watched the show and drank happily standing so close to one another. As performers left the stage and others took it, Grant put his arm around Olivia's shoulders, enjoying the fact that he was resting her head on his shoulders. They finished their beers as some student with a guitar got on stage. The start of what the student was playing sounded pretty terrible so Grant suggested he and Olivia go see something before it got too late.

Grant led them down a path and up some steps next to the library. The two ascended up to a little vestibule behind the library that overlooked the river and the skyline of the city.

"This place is so beautiful," Grant said, "I would always come here back in law school to forget about the stresses I was under at the time."

He turned to Olivia and took her chin between his thumb and forefinger, turning her head to face him. Grant leaned in and kissed her.

Olivia walked hand in hand with Grant, the terrible music dying slowly in the background. They made jokes about it, laughing as they walked away. She let him lead her up the steps to the vestibule. He was right. It was really pretty, especially from this viewpoint. She took in the overlook of the river and the skyline. It had a mysterious breezy vibe in the night.

She started to reply to him when he faced her. She knew what would happen next. She had been hoping, actually. Her heart pounded as he touched her chin and turned her toward him. Then his lips touched hers and she melted into the kiss. She reached a hand up to touch his arm, closing her eyes and returning the gentle pressure of his lips. He tasted a delicious combination of port, beer, and masculinity.

When he ended the kiss and pulled back, her lips tingled. "I've been hoping you would do that since we left the dessert shop."

Grant's heart was beating like a jackrabbit when he went in for the kiss. All of the signs were there, but sometimes someone can misinterpret them or it could simply be poor timing. However everything seemed to be falling in to place, so he staid his nerves and tried to pull it off as confidently as possible. And when she returned the kiss as enthusiastically, the fireworks went off inside of Grant's head and body.

"I've been hoping you would do that since we left the dessert shop."

"I should have in the cab," Grant said lightly, "maybe that would have sent the driver a sign to shut his mouth."

Grant reached out his hands to Olivia's and took them gently.

"I was dreading this date all day," Grant confessed, "and when I first saw you tonight, I didn't think there was any chance we would get along. However, I've had an unbelievable night, so much that it almost feels like I'm dreaming."

He looked up to the sky and closed his eyes trying to stop himself from babbling. He wanted to make a point but not gush and he didn't want to scare Olivia off for being more into her than she was into him.

"Look," he said regaining his thoughts and looking into Olivia's eyes, "I guess I'm just trying to say. I've had a great night, and I'd really like to do this again sometime."

Back