Delete my published story

JSipes

Virgin
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Posts
1
How do I delete one of my published stories? I have the same story published under two slightly different names. I would like to delete one of the stories since they are basically the same story with a few changes. The stories are "Katie and Ted learn from a stranger" & "Katie and Ted learn from an expert". Thanks for your help.
 
Deletion

I deleted a story a year ago.

Go to F.A.Q. on the Categories list.

Go to Submissions.

Go to the LAST question. It links you to contact Laurel/Manu. Request DELETE: put the title of the story for deletion and your pseudonym in exactly.

You'll get a stern response, asking why. If you continue, the story will be deleted, but deleting is not a priority. It could take longer than publishing it in the first place.

I've been fairly treated here. It doesn't help their business to delete stories that people may search for later on, and find missing.

Good luck.

lonigan
 
"Submit a new story" with the same title and the word (Delete) after it. In the "notes" box give a brief reason why you want to delete it and hit submit.
 
"Submit a new story" with the same title and the word (Delete) after it. In the "notes" box give a brief reason why you want to delete it and hit submit.

You don't have to give a brief description when you delete your story - I did when I removed mine, but Laurel told me it wasn't necessary.
 
You don't have to give a brief description when you delete your story - I did when I removed mine, but Laurel told me it wasn't necessary.

You can use the body of the text to list all the stories you want deleted instead of submitting 10 new stories if you want to take down 10 stories.
 
I've tried contacting Laurel a couple times to have my old stories removed, and I have received no answer. Is there someone else I should be contacting?
 
The Site Directive

This is the text of a message Laurel sent some years ago - possibly automated - but it still works:

Hi!

First, I want to let you know that you have every right to remove your stories from the site at any time for any reason.

Second, if you feel comfortable doing so, I'd appreciate knowing the reason(s) for your decision. We strive to improve Literotica ever day, and your comments can help us mend things that might need mending.

Be aware that we do not store site submission data - including votes, comments, and the text itself. Once it is deleted from our servers, we cannot restore it.

For security purposes and to make sure you (as the author) are the one making the removal request, you must follow this procedure: log into your account and create a story titled "REMOVE". In the body of the story, put the names of the submissions you wish removed along with (optionally) the reason for their removal.

If you want all of your work removed, you can write "DELETE ALL" in one form rather than listing every submission.

If you want all of one series removed, you can write "DELETE [SERIESNAME]" in one form rather than listing every submission.

Story removals are usually done within 4-7 days.

Thanks for your support, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Laurel
 
Back
Top