Town whore owns town

bizarrok

Virgin
Joined
May 6, 2016
Posts
29
This story idea about a woman from a small town. She is very promiscuous, sleeping with town men from different age groups. She's in her fifties but still as horny as a 20yo girl. She had many kids from many fathers. She isn't ashamed at all of herself.

The only thing that keeps the small town folk from protesting her scandalous behavior is because she's the richest woman in town. She practically owns it. She owns many businesses (big and small) and loans money to people.
 
You have a setup here. Do you visualize an ending, and plot points along the way? Where are the dramatic conflicts? Maybe a competitor threatens to undercut her businesses and ruin her financially and personally -- why, and how does she react? Do her children support her chosen way of life, or are they split into factions? Does she have secret alliances with seeming opponents?
 
This story idea about a woman from a small town. She is very promiscuous, sleeping with town men from different age groups. She's in her fifties but still as horny as a 20yo girl. She had many kids from many fathers. She isn't ashamed at all of herself.

The only thing that keeps the small town folk from protesting her scandalous behavior is because she's the richest woman in town. She practically owns it. She owns many businesses (big and small) and loans money to people.

In a short description you've painted a pretty striking portrait of this woman. But is the reader supposed to like her?

If the answer is yes -- well, reading this description, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make her genuinely likeable. I could see her being sexy, but that is something different.

If the answer is no, maybe you're supposed to "love to hate" her. But then there's going to have to be something about the story that keeps the reader going. Is it just that the sex scenes are so hot and steamy? Or is there some other part of the story with some other characters who are sympathetic? Any chance this story leads to the woman getting her comeuppance?

Anyway, those are my thoughts as I read this.
 
I can imagine a story along the lines of Twain's Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg. The town whore has been treated with disrespect for years by her uppity neighbors. But it turns out she has more money and actually is more decent than the rest of them, and she concocts a scheme to expose the most eminent people in the town as frauds and hypocrites.
 
Back
Top