Ominous prediction indeed.

I caught a sound bite on the PBS evening news where they referred to this agreement as "momentous." I didn't stick around long enough to find out if they meant that the agreement was a good thing or that such a display of mental derangement was unprecedented.

Ishmael

It's PBS. I'm pretty sure which way the warm wind was likely to blow. To be fair- on rare occasion McNeil/Lehr or Frontline would surprise you.

Everything this guy does is "historic." The first time a 1/2 black president shook hands with a Chinese Leader will be recorded as far more important than Nixon going to China.

They have to have died laughing when they got out of camera range after this 20 minute "negotiating" session for this photo op...I mean historic agreement.

I caught a sound bite on the PBS evening news where they referred to this agreement as "momentous." I didn't stick around long enough to find out if they meant that the agreement was a good thing or that such a display of mental derangement was unprecedented.

Ishmael

You'd be the go to guy on that subject. Forestdump, vette, miles and uncle fester too. But you're leading the idiot parade today.

What's that stench? Did someone track something in on their shoes?

Where are those higher energy prices? The world wonders.

I don't know kbate.

I mean frustrating drilling on public land, the Gulf shutdown, the Keystone shutdown, the new war in the Middle East...,

:shrug:

Maybe the guy is as fucking incompetent as we presaged he would be looking at the totality of the bits and pieces of his life (and the fiction in his autobiographies) that we were allowed to get a tiny glimpse of. At this point, it is clearly the work of that vast, right-wing conspiracy in the private sector. We really need new taxes, bans and elimination of technologies based on yet more GlowBall Warning style Leftist pop-science.

It's PBS. I'm pretty sure which way the warm wind was likely to blow. To be fair- on rare occasion McNeil/Lehr or Frontline would surprise you.

Everything this guy does is "historic." The first time a 1/2 black president shook hands with a Chinese Leader will be recorded as far more important than Nixon going to China.

They have to have died laughing when they got out of camera range after this 20 minute "negotiating" session for this photo op...I mean historic agreement.

Talk about a guy whose prestige just went up in his country and party!

;)

That Obama! Clean, articulate and a sharp-creased man! Women go crazy...

I don't know kbate.

I mean frustrating drilling on public land, the Gulf shutdown, the Keystone shutdown, the new war in the Middle East...,

Maybe the guy is as fucking incompetent as we presaged he would be looking at the totality of the bits and pieces of his life (and the fiction in his autobiographies) that we were allowed to get a tiny glimpse of. At this point, it is clearly the work of that vast, right-wing conspiracy in the private sector. We really need new taxes, bans and elimination of technologies based on yet more GlowBall Warning style Leftist pop-science.

Why drill on public land when private drilling and fracking have nearly made us energy independent with 82% of our energy being domestic? Why build a pipeline when local resources are currently being exploited? Seems to me, Obama has been the energy industry's dream president compared to Bush and his predecessors.

You're beating the wrong drum on energy. We're producing more than ever and we're doing it without taking down the national forests (for now), without digging a pipeline across the entire nation (for now) and without drilling the entire gulf (for now).

We're giving more subsidies to gas and oil exploration than ever and it's working. (but that's not picking winners or losers is it?)

Just because Obama likes green energy initiatives hasn't stopped the country from exploiting fossil fuel reserves.

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the price of electricity jumped to a record 14.3 cents per kilowatt-hour in June, compared to 12.4 cents per kilowatt-hour when he took office. That 1.9 cent jump may not sound like much, but it costs an average customer an extra $205 per year."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/5/editorial-the-high-price-of-hope/#ixzz3IuNqd5p5
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

We do not need affordable electricity in an "all of the above" energy plan. The higher the KWH, the less those climate-denying Republican denying assholes will drive their Chevy Volts.

Oh, wait.

We built a most excellent bird fryer out in the desert that cannot produce enough energy to stay in operation.

;)

They thought there would be more sun.

We built a most excellent bird fryer out in the desert that cannot produce enough energy to stay in operation.

;)

They thought there would be more sun.

Eventually there will be no flora or fauna. The Earth will be Trantor-skinned.

:kbate:

Your love of the environment clouds your common sense and sense of proportion.

You're like those CO2 idiots who see a gain of .002 ppm as the end of the word. Similarly, the footprint of energy extraction in such a vast land is incredibly minimal, it's not all strip-mining, which you seem to imagine all energy extraction as equivalent to.

(I know, this is going to drive you bat-shit crazy because YOU DIDN'T SAY ANY OF THAT ANYWHERE EVER PROVE IT! but after all of these years, many things about you and who you are have come starkly into focus for so many of us.)

And then there's this:

“I’m just going to be honest with you. There’s not much we can do next week or two weeks from now... If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know [laughingly], you might want to think about a trade-in.”
Barack Hussein Obama, the Green Pres__ent (with no id, uh)
April 2011

obama-laugh-wh-photo.jpg

When I was asked earlier about, uh, the issue of coal. Uhhh, y'know, under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket....
We would put a cap-and-trade system in place, eh, that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else's out there. So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're gonna be charged a huge sum for all that, uh, greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Barack Hussein Obama
Editorial board meeting, San Francisco Chronicle
January 2008

"How about just tracking down every single person who said drill baby drill and putting them all in prison. Why don’t we do that?"
Alan Grayson

All across the world, in every kind of environment and region known to man, increasingly dangerous weather patterns and devastating storms are abruptly putting an end to the long-running debate over whether or not climate change is real. Not only is it real, it's here, and its effects are giving rise to a frighteningly new global phenomenon: the man-made natural disaster.
Barack Obama, speech, Apr. 3, 2006

“I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
President Obama, June 2008

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”
Obama Energy Secretary Steven Chu

A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States...,
John P. Holdren
White House Office of Science and Technology Director

Eventually there will be no flora or fauna. The Earth will be Trantor-skinned.

We do have another method that slices and dices them and overestimated the breeze...

well they call me the breeze, I keep blowin' down the road...

Go to Mises.org and search on bitcoin.

It is just electronic money, which, is not surprising, for almost all of our money is electronic anymore, it is just, like in the past and the gold standard, the purview of the private sector.

that ---^ +this: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/AustrianSchoolofEconomics.html
Menger argued that economic analysis is universally applicable and that the appropriate unit of analysis is man and his choices. These choices, he wrote, are determined by individual subjective preferences and the margin on which decisions are made.

+this: http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/whyaust.htm
+this: http://www.zdnet.com/bitcoin-is-going-to-teach-you-a-lesson-a-costly-one-7000022352/
Summary:*Bitcoin is a really bad idea. Promoting digital currency is like promoting digital food; it will leave you empty and you'll wonder why you ever thought it was a good idea.

Physical standard is where it's @
...and bitcoins seem like just another form of currency based currency...
scheme on scheme.

Ishmael

That was a good laugh------^ until I saw this----v (real or not)
http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/12/fox-news-obtains-drafts-obamas-immigration-plans
Mike Emanuel reported this evening that sources say President Barack Obama was briefed on the plan before his Asia trip. Executive action could be announced as early as next week.

As part of the 10-point plan, up to 4.5 million illegal immigrants living with their American born kids would be allowed to stay in the U.S., an expansion of deferred action. The plan would also expand deferred action for DACA children. There is also a proposal to raise pay for ICE officers to boost morale.

I mean wtf.. an immigrant for every household?

Under an agreement signed Wednesday in Beijing, “the United States would cut its 2005 level of carbon emissions by 26-28% before the year 2025. China would peak its carbon emissions by 2030 and will also aim to get 20% of its energy from zero-carbon emission sources by the same year,” CNN reports.

It’s the first time China has agreed to reduce CO2 emissions, and the deal may be easier to implement there than here.

Yet the Obama administration is already anticipating that Republicans in the newly-elected Congress may try to oppose this deal. So on this issue, as on immigration, they’re getting ready to act on their own.

“Congress may try to stop us, but we believe that with control of Congress changing hands we can proceed with the authority we already have,” an unnamed administration official told CNN. After all, this person added, opposing CO2 reductions “is really the crusade of a narrow group of people who are politically motivated and have made this a cause celebre, but we believe we will be successful.”

Even without congressional action, emissions in the U.S. have been plunging in recent years, but that’s not necessarily good news. Countries in recession use less energy, and -- in large part because of the global economic slowdown -- the International Energy Agency reports that total U.S. CO2 emissions have fallen by 7.7 percent since 2006. That’s change we can believe in, but not change for the better.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/12/Admin-Official-Ready-to-Ram-Deal-Through

A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States...,
John P. Holdren
White House Office of Science and Technology Director

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/11/12/fox-news-obtains-drafts-obamas-immigration-plans

No one turns down a raise of course, but a lot of them are going to be insulted. Basically, Barack the Cojote' is paying border guards to look the other way.

Maybe if he had paid BATF guys smuggler wages they wouldn't have gone all whistle-blower on "Fast and Furious."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a thought just now about that name. Holder, Obama, some anti-gun nuts are sitting around planning the next election.

"We need to drive a wedge between voters and the NRA."

"But there is no appetite for gun control. It never works. Look at Mexico, incredible gun violence, nearly all private ownership is banned."

"Hmm. HEY, I got it... Lets say the NRA-types are CAUSING the violence down there with guns walked across the border!"

"But we looked at it. Hardly any of the guns used down there are traced back to the US."

"Well lets get those hombres some made in 'merica iron!"

"It will take a while to get the number of guns traced to America up."

"We don't have time. I need you shipping guns over there by the trunkload! I need a fast and furious operation. Has to be in place before the next election."

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the price of electricity jumped to a record 14.3 cents per kilowatt-hour in June, compared to 12.4 cents per kilowatt-hour when he took office. That 1.9 cent jump may not sound like much, but it costs an average customer an extra $205 per year."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/5/editorial-the-high-price-of-hope/#ixzz3IuNqd5p5
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

And that had what to do with Obama policy?

The growth in energy prices under Obama has been far lower than under Bush.

Try again?

try looking at the Energy Information Administration instead of the Washington Times (a right wing apologist rag).

Notice the 500K hi-tech jobs? That's the bone to Silicon Valley to drive tech worker wages down. There is no real shortage of engineers in that industry, but a glut of foreign engineers drives the salaries down. There is a benefit in this in that the reduced salaries make it easier for smaller, innovative, companies to hire the talent they need to push their products forward. These workers will be primarily American University educated Asians.

My objections to this element are primarily the "How" it's being done, not so much that it is being done. This would be contained in any bill that made it through the congress. These are the sort of workers the nation needs going forward.

Ishmael

And that had what to do with Obama policy?

The growth in energy prices under Obama has been far lower than under Bush.

Try again?

try looking at the Energy Information Administration instead of the Washington Times (a right wing apologist rag).

Did YOU look in the Energy Information Administration and find a different figure for the rate for a KWH?

If so, please share it with the class.

Notice the 500K hi-tech jobs? That's the bone to Silicon Valley to drive tech worker wages down. There is no real shortage of engineers in that industry, but a glut of foreign engineers drives the salaries down. There is a benefit in this in that the reduced salaries make it easier for smaller, innovative, companies to hire the talent they need to push their products forward. These workers will be primarily American University educated Asians.

My objections to this element are primarily the "How" it's being done, not so much that it is being done. This would be contained in any bill that made it through the congress. These are the sort of workers the nation needs going forward.

Ishmael

Hmm.... Ok:

Doesn't a stifled, low hiring industry promote small business and innovation? For instance, if the salaries stay high and the jobs stay low in an industry with a small profit margin, doesn't that encourage the unemployed to achieve?

Lit and www.somethingawful.com and even google started in an era when tech was flooded.

Did YOU look in the Energy Information Administration and find a different figure for the rate for a KWH?

If so, please share it with the class.

Minimum wage fallout + 2004 later policy ('green' energy) + tax burden

Everything has gone up the bad way, she doesn't need to prove her perspective, but it would be nice if she could show energy price decreases.

also: *bonus:
People are using colors against you:
http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/articles/magick/color.html
Of course, in the realm of magic, there are more than three types of spell casting that satanists can use. The colors of black, white and red may be*primary*color associations for Satanists, but there are more options than these. Why limit yourself to only three? There are a variety of things that you could accomplish with the use of color in magic.
GREEN*- symbolized by the energies and influence of Venus [also, Taurus and Libra]. It represents the element of Earth. The color green used in spell work can represent gains in wealth, increase, accumulation, security and new beginnings. For Satanists, using green in spellwork can bring you a monetary or situational benefit.*

Colors should be free.

natural gas, it burns cleaner than oil.

it's the thing that gets us to the thing ~ Halt and Catch Fire

Back