Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 162 ASC

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A Different Setting

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Pain_Bauble

Really Experienced

Prologue to be created April 08, 2012 9:30pm CST. (UTC-06:00)

Okay then, since we're still flushing out the world.

A few rules however, since this is to be a extension or alteration of the series.

1.I'd really like it if we used original characters for this, seeing as this will be setting up background of the series outside the main characters.
2. Any canon from the first series, and comics thus far are SET IN STONE. We all have to have a base starting point to keep away from creating problems with each other's character. We don't want to have the same issue as Eazy's Monsters where there are potential conflicting backstories.
3. No Sues. Think of it like creating a WoD character, if you are weak to dairy, you can't call it a weakness if you never pick up a frozen yogurt. If your problems can be averted easily, you're doing it wrong. If you have no weaknesses you are a Sue.
(More to be added as they become necessary)

Setting: (110 ASC) 10 years after the defeat of the Firelord Ozai, and six years after the forming of the Republic City, the city is still a small metropolis of peace. Groups working together for the betterment of all are making headway. Thought there is troubling skies as there are those seeking rebellion to the new ways, still remembering the war.
You the players have characters whom for various reasons are colonists of the budding United Nations, if not citizens of Republic City itself. The joys and sorrows of trying to build peace with your fellow men are yours to know. Thought the path will be hard, you will make the best of it.

Character Sheets: Should be made or edited after setting has been decided on.
Name: Your character's name
Homeland: What nation/city your character is from.
Appearance: What your character looks like.
Abilities: What your character can do. If a bender what skill they have in bending. If a non-bender, what your character is skilled in. Add any martial arts here as well.

Last edited:
*blinks* I want all the pretties... all of thems..damn you *shakes fist*

Hello, My name is Carter. I'm wondering who all is involved with this srp? I am looking forward to writing this.

I'm torn between 15 and 110.
I know Sunshine (its my name for you, get used to it. :p) wants Korra in there, but it would require age push, and without knowing much on current setting in series, age pushing would be even harder.

Ermmmm....
*covers her eyes and flails between narrowed choices*

Vote change

I change my vote to 15, I was the one who voted for 162. And when will we start :/ <--- impatience face

Last edited:
lol sounds like I should be rewatching the show to brush up on Aang's outdated slang...even if most of it is Fire Nation terms like 'hotman'

*snickers* actually he found it amusing to give a companion title to Lily's previous avatar thread, but part of me wants to vote that as the theme song just for the lols

I'll start up when everyone says ready, I get a head count, and everyone voted

So then the die was cast. Behold! The vote had been set upon them! Verily, it was good!

110 ASC.

"You gotta deal with it!"

Skbarptttt.

Aaaanyway.
I'm keepin' this gal no matter what setting we go with, soooo...

Yeah. Here she be.

attachment.php

Name: Keeli
Homeland: Northern Water Tribe.
Appearance: Up there. See? That's her.
Abilities: Waterbender. Also very good at picking pockets.

Personality:
Keeli can be a bit... blunt. Quite used to having her older brother to fall back on, she tends to speak without thinking. Unfortunately, her brother isn't around anymore- part of the reason she's left her home. Where did he go? That jerk's gotten her into so much trouble by not being there!

Sarcastic, grumbly, and afraid of her own element (something she complains about regularly), Keeli tends to try and humor her way through situations. If that doesn't work- turn on the charm. Though she's a small thing, she loves to eat... and isn't afraid to make others aware of the fact she's hungry. She has a great love for animals, especially for Leopardcoons.

Bio:
Keeli's father was a waterbender as well. Her brother was jealous of the fact she shared this with their dad when they were younger, but as he grew up, he made up for it with his intelligence and size. A very good thing, considering his troublemaking sibling. Keeli would cause the trouble, only to run and hide behind him for protection.

Their father was a rather stern teacher when it came to bending. Early morning practice every day, food withholdings until techniques perfected. She simply didn't like it. One such lesson, he had her stand on a raft- which he sank, demanding she save herself by bending.

She didn't understand. She couldn't get it right. Not like that.
Keeli nearly drowned. Her father refused to help her.
If it weren't for her brother...
She's been afraid of water ever since.

She will bend water, but not in large amounts. Anything more than a flaskful sends her into a panic. Her small bendings earned her a frustrating nickname from her big brother- "Bubbles". Worse still, it made it around their village.

That's the other reason she wants to find him.
Kick his butt for THAT.

Attachments

• keeli.jpg
    keeli.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 137
(Off topic) Mister J, I think you do a good job portraying Joker (just sayin) and Batman was always my favorite superhero

(Back on topic)
Name: Akihiro Sumara
Homeland: Eastern fire nation and Ba Sing Se
Apperance: (Use the link, Ik it's Assassin's Creed but the pic works quite nicely) nowgamer.net-genie.co.uk/siteimage/scale/0/0/305301.gif
Abilites: Firebender, skilled swordsman, acrobatic, blending into crowds
weaknesses: Very easily angered and quick to draw his weapons.

Personality: Akihiro is a strong silent type and is very skeptical. Being very critical and sarcastic is his defense against having to deal with people. Once he trusts someone he becomes more laughable and outgoing around that person. He leads a group of (vigilates, ect, depends on plot though)

Bio: Akihiro was raised on a farm in the fire nation but ran away due to being fed up with the boredom of farm life (age12). He the saught out a fire bending teacher havind discovered early on that he was a bender. Akihiro meets Su Bey, a fire bending master, Su Bey teaches him fire bend to a very high level of proficincey. After almost mastering fire bending Akihiro then learns from an old solider to be a excellent swordsman (age 17). He then travels to Ba Sing Se where he teaches himself to blend in with crowds. Akihiro then leaves to travel around the earth nation country side. He returns to Ba Sing Se for 4 years, then leaves agian at age 26 and thats where he is at the start of the thread.

Last edited:
FeiJun.png

Name: Fei Jun (Pronounced "Fay Yoon")
Homeland: Fire Nation Capital
Appearance: See Image

Abilities:

Firebender. Fei Jun, or just "Jun" to most, is a traveling performer. He uses special powders to make different colored flames and effects. Some pop like sparklers, others explode like fireworks. Sometimes little pouches filled with the powder are thrown and lit on fire and other times he dips his fingers into the powder and firebends different colored flames.

Personality: As a performer, Jun is great with any kind of audience. A true showman, he loves to be the center of attention, hence his flashy displays when he firebends (even normally), and he feeds off of the crowd's reactions. The best way to get under his skin? Ignore him. It will drive him absolutely mad.

Bio: Born out of an affair, Jun was put up for adoption. What this really means is that he was given to family after family after family until he wound up on the streets. With no where else to go, he joined a traveling circus. There he met a brilliant firebender who taught him how to mix certain minerals together into powder which would burn in magnificent ways. Almost over night, Jun had fallen in love with the circus life. He got to travel, be up in front of huge crowds every night, and meet interesting and unique people.

However, one of his firebending routines caused the stage to catch fire and then it spread quickly to the tent. No one was hurt, but the incident caused him to be kicked out of the circus. After that, he started traveling and performing solo for crowds on street corners, anywhere someone was willing to watch his act really.

Now, he finds himself headed to yet another new destination, curious to see another part of the world and anxious to dazzle a few more people.

First off, The true votes tally is 15 ASC: 3, 110 ASC: 3, 162 ASC: 1, everyone else: 0 (note: in a post above I changed my vote)

Secondly: If we do end up going and doing 110 ASC or any other post war plot then another war between the fire nation and other nations would be a logical choice in conflict. Because when Ozai's regime was defeated most of the fire nation's population would still look upon other other nations as inferior because of the propaganda Ozai would have used. Even if Zuko had created programs to inform people and reverse the hard feelings the fire nation would still believe it is superior. And the other nations (Air in particular) wouldn't just forgive the near completed genocide against their people. There would be a very tense political climate after the war.

First off, The true votes tally is 15 ASC: 3, 110 ASC: 3, 162 ASC: 1, everyone else: 0 (note: in a post above I changed my vote)

Secondly: If we do end up going and doing 110 ASC or any other post war plot then another war between the fire nation and other nations would be a logical choice in conflict. Because when Ozai's regime was defeated most of the fire nation's population would still look upon other other nations as inferior because of the propaganda Ozai would have used. Even if Zuko had created programs to inform people and reverse the hard feelings the fire nation would still believe it is superior. And the other nations (Air in particular) wouldn't just forgive the near completed genocide against their people. There would be a very tense political climate after the war.

Um... no... not really. The way the series was ended, it is heavily implied that there is an era of peace (or at the very least, a road to eventual peace). The construction of Republic City is a testament to that. If there was a war going on, there would be no motive, time, or funds to be building a city from the ground up. That city.. how big it got. It probably would have taken most of those 70 years to reach such a size, even with benders helping in the construction. Look at our cities and how long it took to reach the sizes they are.

Anyway, another war is unlikely. There were probably small skirmishes, maybe Ozai/Azula loyalists. Nothing that would be a problem and they were probably put down rather quick.

My point is that there was a long era of peace after the Hundred Year war. Not... another war.

Not to mention that there are NO other airbenders. Aang was the last one, until him and Katara had children and they had Tenzin. Korra even mentions the fact that Tenzin is the ONLY airbending Master in the world. So yeah, there is no "Air Nation" to have hurt feelings over the genocide. It was called a "genocide" for a reason. ;)

While we're on the topic though, a good starting point would be the construction of Republic City. That would bring a multitude of different people together all in one location. Give our characters a reason to all be in one place. Then, as I'm sure can happen, something will bring us together and then we'll all have a great big adventure.

Looking forward to getting started.

The ending I imply is more AU then cannon, sure the show ends peacefully. But had they been factual with human tendencies then politics would have been tense and conflict might insue unless Zuko stops bad feelings. Or he is overthrown due to mass public disapproval of the way he is dealing with post war and the new fire lord goes back to war. Their is definately room for Ozai/Azula rebels but as you said they would be quickly ended, so what conflict would insue if the entire majority of the populace of the world is pro-peace? Unless of course we are going with a no conflict story.

Last edited:
Regarding 110: There will be conflict, but it doesn't have to be on a massive scale like a war.

It would kind of spit in the face of everything the ending of the series had worked to achieve if another war broke out so soon.

There are still plenty of opportunities for people to get pissed at each other or start a fight. We have to sort of take into account that we're probably not going to be buddy buddy with The Avatar, so whatever conflict we deal with will inevitably have to be smaller scale.

I'm torn between 15 and 110.
I know Sunshine (its my name for you, get used to it. :p) wants Korra in there, but it would require age push, and without knowing much on current setting in series, age pushing would be even harder.

Was really just wishful thinking more than anything.

Anyway I'm definitely in this, but I need longer to think of a character. It's always the toughest part for me.

Nothing wrong with having conflict. Conflict moves the story along. I'm just saying it would be HIGHLY unlikely for that conflict to be a full blown war.

For a small group, we need a small conflict, something that can blossom and grow as our characters do. There are lots of choices. For example, maybe some sort of accident, perhaps at a construction site. Could bring characters together in order to either protect themselves and/or others. Upon further investigation it comes to light that the accident was no accident at all. Someone is trying to sabotage the building efforts or maybe trying to kill one of our characters and make it look like an accident.

It just takes one little thing to grow into a good solid plot. We just need that one lil spark to ignite the fuse.

And it only takes the will of one man to set the world on fire, but it takes heros to make sure people don't just sit and watch it burn.

Back