Men, is it really that hard to tie a necktie?

Try it sometime. Plus, ties are shorter.

Trump could afford to have some made a bit longer.

Every time I see Donald Trump in public, the end of his tie is always flopping around below the waistband of his pants. Most guys manage to get the two ends to match up. Is it really that hard?
if the tie is long, and you want the front a little shorter, the longer, back piece should be tucked inside the shirt between buttons on the front so as to be invisible.

and no, it's not hard to get them matching... we had to wear ties as a part of our school uniform, and during that time it was fashionable to have a shorter 'fat' tie but we still all knew how to tie them in different ways.

Every time I see Donald Trump in public, the end of his tie is always flopping around below the waistband of his pants. Most guys manage to get the two ends to match up. Is it really that hard?
He has a large area to cover and probably needs needs extra fabric

I pretty much gave up posting pictures here due to rights issues, but every once in a while, there comes time for an exception.

Blue suit, red tie, funny head thing, stupid grin, hamberder ....

The Digital Research Library of Illinois History Journal™ : Wimpy ...

He has a large area to cover and probably needs needs extra fabric
Ugh. Shame on you! You made me instantly visualize his neck jowels and fat ass belly. I stopped there because I did not want to imagine that you were possibly insinuating anything else because we all know he has tiny hands.

The length and color of his tie are part of his signature brand.

And yes, sometimes it is difficult to tie your tie and not have it look awkward.

Full Windsor knots always make me feel like there's a pillow under my chin. Fuck that noise.

Halfs get it done with less headache.

As a side note, it always helps to buy dress shirts with proper fitting collars. Anything else is a hangman's noose.

Such quick and pointed opinions on the Windsor knot. :rolleyes:
Ask for a critique on the moral character on the man behind the tie and crickets.

I never bothered to learn more than a four in hand. I don't have any neckties now. I don't wear anything that requires dry cleaning. Suits are remnants of a fading European influence. A beaded loincloth might count as formal wear in a few centuries.

An actually good tie -- cut well, nice appearance, good texture -- is a wonderful thing to have.

Too many of those crappy 90s "sock ties" still floating around.

No it’s not hard, but it usually takes a couple of tries to get the end where you want it

For those that have some cognitive challenges… it would be difficult.

Person, Woman, man, camera, tv!

You need to spend some time learning empirically. Every tie is different in length, width and material.

Plus, think about it, the majority of men don't wear suits in public, or private, anymore.

A thing of the past: like royal court clothes now...

Why are you watching his belt line? Nether regions?

Are you a groin-checker? Keep those eyes up lady!

Back