Anyone from the UK?

Afternoon. On the way home from London. Didn’t see @Wand3rlust staring at me on the tube while I was there. Great time: nice strolling around, bit of sightseeing and a great gig last night. Everyone sounds a bit frisky this afternoon. Must be that Friday feeling

it's friday, i'm in love (may have been hanging out in the song threads a bit too much)

not that song, but I did put some Cure lyrics in a story (normally it's r.e.m. lyrics!)
You can understand REM lyrics? (OK I'm going back to the Murmur/Reckoning days here).

Every time I look up Stipey's lyrics online I'm always amazed how different they are from what I thought I'd heard.

You can understand REM lyrics? (OK I'm going back to the Murmur/Reckoning days here).

Every time I look up Stipey's lyrics online I'm always amazed how different they are from what I thought I'd heard.
you can pick a line or a phrase from the early ones

I remember one gig where he admitted he had to look up the words online and they were nothing like he had actually written

you can pick a line or a phrase from the early ones

I remember one gig where he admitted he had to look up the words online and they were nothing like he had actually written
I saw them around 1983/4 when they were still quite a cult band and playing smallish venues (the New Ocean Club in Cardiff as it happens), and they were great. I always describe them then as like The Who met The Byrds; they were pretty high energy but still very jangly. Stipey was even then wilfully obscurantist. Everyone's yelling for more, lots more, and he strolls out and does an acapella Moon River, no band, and that was your lot.

I saw them around 1983/4 when they were still quite a cult band and playing smallish venues (the New Ocean Club in Cardiff as it happens), and they were great. I always describe them then as like The Who met The Byrds; they were pretty high energy but still very jangly. Stipey was even then wilfully obscurantist. Everyone's yelling for more, lots more, and he strolls out and does an acapella Moon River, no band, and that was your lot.

got into them in 84, saw them live in '85. Saw them doo Moon River a few times and it always hit hard. They opened Whistle Test with that and then kicked into Pretty Persuasion

I think I have broken Artificial Intelligence.

I was just asked by one what I liked to do.

"I like to smother myself in cottage cheese and stick celery pieces up my nostrils and pretend I'm a plant"

AI reply: That sounds like an automotive disaster.

... Broken.

I get the same bus to and from work as my son. He sits upstairs and I sit downstairs. If the downstairs is full and I venture upstairs, the look of horror on his face is priceless. I do it sometimes when there is still room downstairs just to see his face 😁
That's cruel!

Back