isn't it time for a change? to do something differently?

butters

High on a Hill
post on topics that you feel fit the bill here, and respond to others. simple.

okay, let me start the ball rolling with this: Isn't it time we had something better for puking into than a toilet? for aeons people would throw their 'night soils' out into the streets and open sewers. Then we got indoor plumbing.

no matter how clean your toilet or bathroom is, can't we do better than stuffing our heads into the porcelain, hanging onto the bowl or kneeling on the floor as we puke? it's really just all kinds of gross. We've been doing it so long, perhaps not too many question the process... and the flush action is effective in disappearing the goo. But everyone throws up from time to time: pregnancy, alcohol, food poisoning, fever, whatever... i'd really prefer a more hygienic, designed-for-purpose solution than barfing in the bog. Perhaps something with a seat, and a flushing bowl set at a higher level?

Interesting. A small opening with a decorative door-so it could look like a picture- around 5 feet high on the wall, and you open it, stick your face in there, do your thing and it flushes. Kind of like a laundry chute for vomit.

Next on Shark Tank...

Interesting. A small opening with a decorative door-so it could look like a picture- around 5 feet high on the wall, and you open it, stick your face in there, do your thing and it flushes. Kind of like a laundry chute for vomit.

Next on Shark Tank...
5' sounds too high, though. and i know i often get shaky-legged if i'm puking, so a seat would be nice.

5' sounds too high, though. and i know i often get shaky-legged if i'm puking, so a seat would be nice.
True. I guess I was thinking the other way for people who are tall and you can only hunch over so far.

Remember those ironing boards built into the wall? The seat could be something like that beneath this regurgitation receptacle.

Then we could have one two feet up for the kiddos...

His and hers....

There's a market here.

True. I guess I was thinking the other way for people who are tall and you can only hunch over so far.

Remember those ironing boards built into the wall? The seat could be something like that beneath this regurgitation receptacle.

Then we could have one two feet up for the kiddos...

His and hers....

There's a market here.
it's well past time

okay, let me start the ball rolling with this: Isn't it time we had something better for puking into than a toilet? for aeons people would throw their 'night soils' out into the streets and open sewers. Then we got indoor plumbing.

no matter how clean your toilet or bathroom is, can't we do better than stuffing our heads into the porcelain, hanging onto the bowl or kneeling on the floor as we puke? it's really just all kinds of gross. We've been doing it so long, perhaps not too many question the process... and the flush action is effective in disappearing the goo. But everyone throws up from time to time: pregnancy, alcohol, food poisoning, fever, whatever... i'd really prefer a more hygienic, designed-for-purpose solution than barfing in the bog. Perhaps something with a seat, and a flushing bowl set at a higher level?

Disposable hats. Take it off, barf in it, zip it shut and toss it out.

I carry a barf bag from the Emergency room, also works for picking raspberries if you don’t have anything else. It has this little hook that you twist it through so it deals it post barf.
Next time your in the er mention you are a bit neasous and one will be immediately produced.

I carry a barf bag from the Emergency room, also works for picking raspberries if you don’t have anything else. It has this little hook that you twist it through so it deals it post barf.
Next time your in the er mention you are a bit neasous and one will be immediately produced.
yeah, but i'm thinking more a plumbed-in, permanent feature in a house. Emergency bags are one thing, but it doesn't get around that whole using the toilet bowl thing we do.

yeah, but i'm thinking more a plumbed-in, permanent feature in a house. Emergency bags are one thing, but it doesn't get around that whole using the toilet bowl thing we do.
As someone who can get cyclical vomiting, I use barf bags, waste baskets with plastic liners, kidney shaped barf pans or bowls.
I also carry zofran on me.
I’d never plumb something in, why waste the space and money when there are already solutions?
Vomiting should not be a regular activity.

TRIGGER WARNING! Graphic vomit descriptions - just in case you're a little queasy today

I used to rent a place with a small bathroom, so you could sit on the loo and rest your head on the sink. It was perfect should you have a bad morning after, though not so good if you had to push the bigger bits through the sink grating.

Other vomit options include soft furnishings, so using friend's carpets and sofas make a big impression at parties. I heard of a girl who puked into her handbag on public transport and another who used her bf's lap. Be creative.

I try to be adult about our bodily excretions, but like Pink says, once you start seeing other people's clinging pubic hair, you puke worse.

Last edited:
As someone who can get cyclical vomiting, I use barf bags, waste baskets with plastic liners, kidney shaped barf pans or bowls.
I also carry zofran on me.
I’d never plumb something in, why waste the space and money when there are already solutions?
Barf bags on airplanes too

This is a niche for Glad to jump into. Quart, Gallon, or snack size.
My dad used to carry gallon ziplock freezers bags in the car for me. Even in rental cars. He could also pull over in 4 lines of traffic as soon as I said “ dad, pullover “ or dad I feel sick while simultaneously handling me a ziplock…

I've seen those and thought them inadequate, particularly if you had a couple of pints and a pizza in the bar prior to boarding.
Do they supply hairbands with them? No.
As a kid, my dad held my hair back. I have very long super curly hair

no, it shouldn't, but if you're raising a bunch of kids then it's certainly not uncommon as they go through various childhood illnesses and stuff like that. i'd just far sooner have them puke into a clean receptacle i can then flush clean and spray with lysol or something. I might throw up for a few days in a row once or twice a year with my own hiatal hernia, and it's not uncommon for adults (especially if they've been out on the town) to vomit now and again... food poisoning, a virus, whathaveyou. Puking into barf bags is not as yucky as the loo, but then you've a bag of barf to dispose of.

anyway, aside from this topic, has anyone got any other ideas for new ways to do old things?

Oooo Kaayy.... I guess when you have nothing else to worry about.

I have an inner ear disorder, which results in episodes of vertigo, which leads to vomitting, dry heaves, hot sweats, chills and diarrhea in succession, besides not being able to remain upright. I just throw off my clothes and get on the shower floor, easier to clean myself and everything else up.

How about just having a bowl for the purpose and then rinsing it down the toilet?
the entire point of this thread is about doing something differently

is there nothing in your life that you don't feel could be done a better, or more preferable way? no need to get entirely bogged down (pun intended) with the initial post

Oooo Kaayy.... I guess when you have nothing else to worry about.
it's called conversation

and when it's so shit hot outside i'm virtually trapped indoors right now, i have time to share :D

no ideas about new, better ways of doing things? you know, even the phone has changed almost beyond recognition from the chunky old, spin dialing, curly wired contraption many of us grew up with.

okay, so here's another one: a dryer-closet: instead of a tumble dryer, why not a closet/contraption with a hanging bar to place wet clothes from the washing machine on hangers as air blows up from below? It can be vented to the outside, the clothes dry without getting all wrapped and tangled around eachother, and they're already on hangers when it comes to placing them in your closet.

Back