Tap That Axe: Axe House and Taproom

Yeah I think I am going to head to bed myself now. It has been a long day... and my brain is shutting down.

Kitty crawls out of her cage, checks the time, and scowls. Why won't it pass faster? I need to sleep, but I fucking can't!

Pfft it wouldn’t be any fun if I weren’t a brat.

*taps chin* Margarita, please. Strawberry
*retrieves a wide-rimmed margarita glass and lays it upside down on a solid block of Himalayan pink salt while he pours 2.5 ozs of Don Julio 1942 into a shaker. Next, a few cubes of perfect square ice and just a splash of exclusive "Triple Sex" liquor. Lastly, he arranges 8 fresh strawberries on a cutting board, punching each one aggressively into mush before scraping the cutting board into the mixer. He shakes hard, very aggressive for no reason, the cubes further muddling the fresh berries. Violent as fuck for no reason.*

*Lastly, he turns the glass right-side-up on the bartop and pours the thick pink liquid through a second strainer into the glass, trapping all the seeds. He garnishes with a fresh strawberry and a curl of candied ginger on the edge.*

One strawberry margaritas. Extra as fuck.

*holds her head lightly* Ohhh don't mention Margaritas.. I drank entirely too many of those last night.
*Peeks behind the bar and gets herself a bottle of cold water and, tilting her head back, drinks half of it in one long draw*
Ohhh that tastes good.....

*retrieves a wide-rimmed margarita glass and lays it upside down on a solid block of Himalayan pink salt while he pours 2.5 ozs of Don Julio 1942 into a shaker. Next, a few cubes of perfect square ice and just a splash of exclusive "Triple Sex" liquor. Lastly, he arranges 8 fresh strawberries on a cutting board, punching each one aggressively into mush before scraping the cutting board into the mixer. He shakes hard, very aggressive for no reason, the cubes further muddling the fresh berries. Violent as fuck for no reason.*

*Lastly, he turns the glass right-side-up on the bartop and pours the thick pink liquid through a second strainer into the glass, trapping all the seeds. He garnishes with a fresh strawberry and a curl of candied ginger on the edge.*

One strawberry margaritas. Extra as fuck.

*stares at the beautiful looking drink and licks her lips* mmm it looks delicious. Thank you very much.

*lifts the glass to her lips and takes a long sip, before licking some off her lip* Tastes delicious too!

*stares at the beautiful looking drink and licks her lips* mmm it looks delicious. Thank you very much.

*lifts the glass to her lips and takes a long sip, before licking some off her lip* Tastes delicious too!
I'm glad you like it.

Just don't flaunt it in front of AC, I think she's recovering from her last turn of the worm.

*He looks around... the place is really coming together, but he's ready for a new project. Utilizing a hole in the deck that was previously part of the pool's filtration system to securely plant a solid post. After the hole is filled in with gravel and cement he soaks a rope in glue, coiling it around the post from the deck to the very top. An oversized scratching post.*

*From the secure, wooden post he nails down an angled piece of wood, outthrust to support a round particle board platform, about the size of a kitty pool. He repeats this process, a smaller platform higher up and offset, this one an oval. At the top, a very small, square platform, just large enough for a Kitty girl to perch herself. A person-sized cat tree.*

*He stains the wood to compliment the grain and leaves the rope uncolored. Lastly he staples down a thick, green shag carpet, making the thing actually resemble a tree. He finishes the effect with a handful of fluffy, white throw pillows and a blanket made of the same white, faux fur as his Polar Bear coat. Each platform now resembling a snow capped evergreen branch. He adds a few more fake fir trees for effect.*

*Lastly, he fires up the wood lathe, the element screaming loudly as it comes to life, spinning violently. The bit groans as he uses a handle to guide the spinning element into the surface of the wood. When he's finished, he has perfectly cut out letters into the wooden sign. He blows a billow of sawdust from the cutout portions. He uses a blow torch to darken the inset parts and char the edges of the sign, giving it a weathered look. He drills holes at the top corners and stains it a dark brown. He hangs the sign on the wall, just behind the tree with the same rough rope as the center pole of the Kitty Tree.*

The sign reads:

KITTY'S CORNER
*He wipes his brow, observing his handiwork.*

It does bring the space together...

A long day at work.

Had to stay late to mop up my friend's blood.

I need to figure something out with this writing shit. I don't think I'm going to be an axe coach forever...

The irony is that earlier this week, I threw an 81. A perfect game. An accomplishment almost 4 years in the making.

A dual edged thing this axe life is....

Attachments

• 33090.jpeg
    33090.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 1
A long day at work.

Had to stay late to mop up my friend's blood.

I need to figure something out with this writing shit. I don't think I'm going to be an axe coach forever...

The irony is that earlier this week, I threw an 81. A perfect game. An accomplishment almost 4 years in the making.

A dual edged thing this axe life is....
Sounds like an intriguingly gory job... But congrats on the score

*saunters in and finds a place to sit* Nice place you've got here, LS.
Sounds like an intriguingly gory job... But congrats on the score

Thanks kindly, Desi.

It's not often that we deal with injuries TBH, but since we returned from Covid, the Owners saw fit to promote a bunch of coaches with less experience to be managers. Safety measures have been on decline and I seem to be the only one concerned. *shrugs* I've still managed to keep myself and my clients safe over almost 4 years of coaching, but I need to learn to accept the things I cannot control.

Next phase is learning to WIN.

Most welcome, DW.

May I get either of you something to drink?

Thanks kindly, Desi.

It's not often that we deal with injuries TBH, but since we returned from Covid, the Owners saw fit to promote a bunch of coaches with less experience to be managers. Safety measures have been on decline and I seem to be the only one concerned. *shrugs* I've still managed to keep myself and my clients safe over almost 4 years of coaching, but I need to learn to accept the things I cannot control.
It is good that you care about who you are working with... in this day and age of people seeming to want to look out for themselves rather that the world as a whole. It is nice to know that people still exist who care about a good job, and keeping people safe.

It is good that you care about who you are working with... in this day and age of people seeming to want to look out for themselves rather that the world as a whole. It is nice to know that people still exist who care about a good job, and keeping people safe.
Thanks.

I'm genuinely passionate about this. The future of the sport is still being written, there's a conceivable future where axe throwing is an olympic event--but puddles of blood are not good for the future of the sport.

Thanks kindly, Desi.

Next phase is learning to WIN.

Most welcome, DW.

May I get either of you something to drink?
Thank you, LS. A beer, please. Surprise me with whatever you have on tap.

Thanks.

I'm genuinely passionate about this. The future of the sport is still being written, there's a conceivable future where axe throwing is an olympic event--but puddles of blood are not good for the future of the sport.
I can understand puddles of blood being Bad... more like a butcher shop then a entertainment venue. Well I do hope that you continue to find fun in it, it sounds like a lot of fun.. I personally prefer paint Ball myself. ((pow pow))

Thank you, LS. A beer, please. Surprise me with whatever you have on tap.
After considering for a long moment, he holds an iced mug under one of several dozen wooden tap handles. This one has the name "PAULANER" burned into the ash handle. He starts the mug at 45* incline and straightens out the mug at the finish to put the appropriate head on the glass before setting it on a round, vertical limb cut made into a coaster.

"One beer, just a little bit extra."

I can understand puddles of blood being Bad... more like a butcher shop then a entertainment venue. Well I do hope that you continue to find fun in it, it sounds like a lot of fun.. I personally prefer paint Ball myself. ((pow pow))
Paintball and air-soft are two things I'm eager to try.

Haven't ever done either, but they always look like fun.

After considering for a long moment, he holds an iced mug under one of several dozen wooden tap handles. This one has the name "PAULANER" burned into the ash handle. He starts the mug at 45* incline and straightens out the mug at the finish to put the appropriate head on the glass before setting it on a round, vertical limb cut made into a coaster.

"One beer, just a little bit extra."
She smiled her thanks and lifted the beer, lifting a brow at his words.

"A little extra hm? Extra what? You have my curiosity now."

She smiled her thanks and lifted the beer, lifting a brow at his words.

"A little extra hm? Extra what? You have my curiosity now."

"Oh, just the preparation. Frosted glass, custom coaster... "extra" like the kids say. Being extra. Beers are a little extra. Our cocktails are extra AF."

"Oh, just the preparation. Frosted glass, custom coaster... "extra" like the kids say. Being extra. Beers are a little extra. Our cocktails are extra AF."
"Hm. "

She listened with the cant of her head. Lifting the mug she inspected the contents then took a sip before setting it on the coaster.

"So, what's new LS? Been busy? Haven't seen your face around much."

Back