The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think I am decent at anticipating the way a woman thinks, but writing the way their body reacts to sex or excitement from their own perspective is still quite a challenge. Believe me, I've asked my female best friend quite a few awkward questions over the last few weeks, haha.

Webcams are your friend :D I spend a lot of time closely examining reactions - what looks real, what looks fake...

Interesting research. :devil:

Russ

Webcams? Interesting research? I thought I was the only... Uh, maybe not.

Fresh coffee and ignore the little holes in the walls everywhere.

WTF? Hurricanes come from winds off Africa, not from Tennessee. :eek:

So a little confused...how do you use/make italics in a story?

I resubmitted some chapters of my story with a “previously on” opening, and used
[ I ] and [ /I ] tags. Chapter 2 went up but with the actual text of the HTML tags, while the rest were sent back with the note “fix your tags.”

So a little confused...how do you use/make italics in a story?

I resubmitted some chapters of my story with a “previously on” opening, and used
[ I ] and [ /I ] tags. Chapter 2 went up but with the actual text of the HTML tags, while the rest were sent back with the note “fix your tags.”

The square brackets are used for the forum. It's called BBCode. The site needs you to use HTML, which uses angle brackets (< and >) instead of the square brackets ([ and ]).

The square brackets are used for the forum. It's called BBCode. The site needs you to use HTML, which uses angle brackets (< and >) instead of the square brackets ([ and ]).

Ah! OK, that makes sense. Thanks! Buy you a cup of coffee?

Interestingly enough, over the years I've started to prefer writing from the female perspective. Not sure why that is, actually. I started writing stories featuring male protagonists, as I think most beginning writers pick a character that shares their gender and often age and such. Eventually I decided to branch out an give a female protagonist a shot, and while it took some adjusting I found that it wasn't as hard as I expected. Now that I'm writing erotica though, I'm running into a few different problems. I like to think I am decent at anticipating the way a woman thinks, but writing the way their body reacts to sex or excitement from their own perspective is still quite a challenge. Believe me, I've asked my female best friend quite a few awkward questions over the last few weeks, haha.

You need to have more sex with your eyes open, I’d say. ;)

I’m mostly FP, and I actually feel more comfortable writing female POV.

You need to have more sex with your eyes open, I’d say. ;)

I’m mostly FP, and I actually feel more comfortable writing female POV.

Well I more so meant what happened internally for a woman during sex, like the way she experiences things. It's just not really something you can know for sure without being one or asking some very personal questions.

Well I more so meant what happened internally for a woman during sex, like the way she experiences things. It's just not really something you can know for sure without being one or asking some very personal questions.

And when you get answers they only relate to one woman's personal experience, not every woman's view.

It's been a strange day; I manage to dodge the rain showers. But I managed to see and photograph some gears from a Water Wheel removed from the Mill some 30 odd years ago.

I need a coffee after that.

HP, if my day wasn't strange, there would be something very much wrong but that's just me. :D

I edited Summer Loving stories today. I think I have four ready. One at one page, one at two pages, and two at three pages. Did I mention this is one of my favorite contests.

Fresh coffee for the evening crowd. I had bacon and egg sandwiches for a late lunch so supper might be snacks.

Had a very strange day too. Sadly not something I should get into on a forum like this, but there was some panic and a lot of driving around involved. All is fine again though, but it was a long day.

Three separate museums today, and my kids loved all three. Parenting triumph.

I love museums.

"We should all speak C, but only in the privacy of our own offices."
Ha!

NW, I think the link the Love Your Readers thread went to somewhere else. Could you share the link again? A search didn't return the right results.

Hey! We made another Friday. Fresh coffee for all the survivors.

So far, the Hurricane Tennessee sent this way has missed. Louisiana hasn't been as lucky. Duck and cover you guys.

No plans for the day or the weekend. That is, unless lazy is a plan.

And very good advice it is, too.
But it's now time for coffee.

Definitely. Read them recently and I am sure I'll be coming back to them regularly. Using the knowledge and experience of veterans is one of the best things you can do as a new author on here, in my opinion.

"We should all speak C, but only in the privacy of our own offices."
Ha!

You don't mean :-
{
long test1;
register /* int */ test2;

test1 = some_function();
if (test1 > 0)
test2 = 0;
else
test2 = other_function();
return test2;
}

I hope.

I tried to learn it a long time ago [I found I ain't bright enough].
The manual (Kernigan & Ritchie) was thoroughly impenetrable.

And after that resurrection of fogginess; I really do need a coffee.

Hi Tex, finally back at work, and the end of the first week back (should have been Wednesday, but it's the silly season now, complete with 16 year-olds rodding around in f*cking Ferraris, so all day yesterday we were back in the trauma unit repairing idiots who think they can drive those thyroidal monstrosities like grandma's Gremlin), and Will's and my pagers, phones, tablets, house-phone and smoke-signals have been going all day because yet more teenage rampage has been happening. Just gimme a bucket of something black, hot, and caffeinated, and i'm gonna chase it with a gigantic gin and tonic, which will bar me from the ER and I can concentrate of burning Will's dinner...

Hi Tex, finally back at work, and the end of the first week back (should have been Wednesday, but it's the silly season now, complete with 16 year-olds rodding around in f*cking Ferraris, so all day yesterday we were back in the trauma unit repairing idiots who think they can drive those thyroidal monstrosities like grandma's Gremlin), and Will's and my pagers, phones, tablets, house-phone and smoke-signals have been going all day because yet more teenage rampage has been happening. Just gimme a bucket of something black, hot, and caffeinated, and i'm gonna chase it with a gigantic gin and tonic, which will bar me from the ER and I can concentrate of burning Will's dinner...

One bucket of black coffee coming up with a gin and tonic chaser.

A teenager in a Ferrari is an accident waiting for a place to happen. Aluminum with a lightweight tubular chassis and five or six hundred horsepower is death and destruction in the wrong hands. I've drove one or two dozen over the years and I love them. But.... and there is always a big butt to go along with them. You have to pay attention and be several miles ahead in your thinking and reactions.

I hope you haven't burnt Will's supper to bad but then again, he can always take you out for supper. Or was that the plan all along? :D

Fresh coffee for the afternoon crowd.

I'll take a cup. Still emotionally and mentally drained from yesterday. My brain just doesn't work for some reason. I just can't be productive today, be it studying or writing or anything else. It's very frustrating.

It's time for a nice cup of Tea.
Ferrari? I've never managed to drive one; the closest I've managed with a 'fast' car was a nice Porsche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back