How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taxonomy started as an 18th century attempt to classify life forms based on their characteristics, and began well before evolution was understood. The concept of species has changed and is still not definite. Charles Darwin wrote, "I look at the term species as one arbitrarily given for the sake of convenience to a set of individuals closely resembling each other."

A common belief is that different species cannot interbreed. Lions and tigers are two different species by all accounts, but they are able to freely interbreed. There are ligers and tigons, as well as liligers, litigons and titigons. The only reason that they are rare is that lion and tiger habitats don't intersect.

Now imagine the 600-year-old Noah trying to keep the lions and tigers in his charge from interbreeding.

I think he was too busy scooping poop to care.:D

Last edited:
As far as I am aware in Norse mythology none of the Gods ever claimed to be human. They were and remain Gods.

Jesus is more real because according to the stories he claims to be human?

I fail to see what relevance this has. I mean, if we are going to pick and chose random parts of the story to use as criteria, I could argue Loki is more likely to be real because Jesus never became the mother of an 8-legged horse.

Those examples you gave as being fake news I look at and see miraculous news.

Really? Because the second one was about writing of the Q'ran, which you dismiss as being wrong, and the 4th one was about the founding of Sikhism, which you also refuse to believe in.

I found out I am the oldest mother(52) with several younger. They have decided that the senior mothers of the football players are going to perform a dance at the half-time of the pep rally/bonfire. HaHaHaHa. I have no coordination, but oh what you do for your kids. LOL. Please...can I please not make an idiot of myself. :eek:

Good luck!

Led_Astray;89743342]Jesus is more real because according to the stories he claims to be human?

I fail to see what relevance this has. I mean, if we are going to pick and chose random parts of the story to use as criteria, I could argue Loki is more likely to be real because Jesus never became the mother of an 8-legged horse.

No but Loki has one thing in common with Jesus. People think he faked his death in infinity wars.
;) All this shape shifting.:D No the fact that Jesus was human is just one piece of the puzzle.
Really? Because the second one was about writing of the Q'ran, which you dismiss as being wrong, and the 4th one was about the founding of Sikhism, which you also refuse to believe in.

Ouch! You got me. I read the part about hypocritical Christians and assumed they were Christian examples, you know what they say about people who assume things. I will have to slow down.

Good luck!

Your good wishes helped because I made it through OK. Two left feet and all.

Last edited:
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store; it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. Are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ is the Lord and in Faith, Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, you will be saved.

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through trusting in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you in faith.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? ARE YOU WILLING TO PLACE YOUR FAITH IN HIM FOR SALVATION?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying this simple prayer:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent and place my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Christ for salvation, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

Lord thank you for sending and using people to spread your positive messages and please let everyone be WARMED by your word. Amen.

Awesome thread and I voted YES!!! In your poll!! They'll normalize evil but despise us and our God, but GOD ALWAYS WINS! :D

giphy.gif

They'll normalize evil but despise us and our God,

Atheists despise your god as much as you despise The ancient Sumerian god Enki, the God of Creation, Intelligence, Crafts, Water, Seawater, Lakewater, Fertility, Magic and Mischief.

Which is to say, not at all, and for the same reason.

...but GOD ALWAYS WINS!

Except in every debate between the word of god and the discoveries of science. Historically, every time that such a disagreement was settled, it was settled on the side of science.

Which is one of the reasons the young earth creationists and the evolution deniers amuse me so much. Not only is every field of science (from astronomy to Zoology) not on their side, but neither is history...

Lord thank you for sending and using people to spread your positive messages and please let everyone be WARMED by your word. Amen.

Awesome thread and I voted YES!!! In your poll!! They'll normalize evil but despise us and our God, but GOD ALWAYS WINS! :D

giphy.gif

Wow! Thank you for your encouragement!

Could it be that the Christians are tired of being victims of the muslims and are just now beginning to fight back? The muslims have been slaughtering the Christians for years without provocation.

Ever heard of the Christian Crusades ya goofball?

Organized religion is a fucking plague, a for-profit-and-power business, and business is booming.

Sorry to burst your bubble champ.

Could it be that the Christians are tired of being victims of the muslims and are just now beginning to fight back? The muslims have been slaughtering the Christians for years without provocation.

That's unexpected - I didn't expect anyone to try to actually *justify* the violence. I mean, what happened to "Thou shalt not kill" etc?

I was expecting a No True Scotsman response, but to actually try to claim that the victims deserve it? Wow... that's a fine example of Christian Hypocrisy right there.

Don't you fucks get tired of arguing in a circle? This thread like others similar to it just keep going and going but they're nothing more than a few people saying the same shit over and over and it's always dumb.

Atheists despise your god as much as you despise The ancient Sumerian god Enki, the God of Creation, Intelligence, Crafts, Water, Seawater, Lakewater, Fertility, Magic and Mischief.

Which is to say, not at all, and for the same reason.

Except in every debate between the word of god and the discoveries of science. Historically, every time that such a disagreement was settled, it was settled on the side of science.

Which is one of the reasons the young earth creationists and the evolution deniers amuse me so much. Not only is every field of science (from astronomy to Zoology) not on their side, but neither is history...

Even though I am sure you have examples of when science won, I am going to call you out on the "every time" statement. The thing is that Science and Christianity are looking at two different ways of understanding our world. Science is looking to prove the natural world state of things while Christianity looks into the spiritual and supernatural. You don't have to be George Bush though. LOL. It doesn't have to be you are with us or you are against us. Some people look into both ways to find understanding.

Don't you fucks get tired of arguing in a circle? This thread like others similar to it just keep going and going but they're nothing more than a few people saying the same shit over and over and it's always dumb.

It's an addiction. I try to stop but then I think Led_Astray or Phrodeau might have another word of wisdom and I will miss it. ;) It's hard for me not to point out that you are reading and commenting on these threads. Me thinks you might protest too much. In this case give into it and keep posting.:cool:

Even though I am sure you have examples of when science won, I am going to call you out on the "every time" statement.

Then please, give your counter example. Give me an example of a settled debate between science and religion where religion has been accepted as the correct explanation.

You are right, though, I can give you plenty of examples where science won.

Religious stories were created to explain:
Thunder, Lightning, Earthquakes, The sun, The day/night cycle, The Lunar cycle. Rainbows, Fossils, Volcanoes. Science proved them wrong.

Not recent enough for you? Then let us look at Copernicus, whose idea that perhaps the earth wasn't the centre of the universe was rejected, in part, for not agreeing with the bible. And let us discuss Galileo Galilei's championing of Copernicus' theories, some 70 years later. These idea, based on scientific evidence, caused him to be accused of heresy and banned from advocating, teaching or even discussing the idea. And later led to his house arrest and the banning of his works, even ones he might write in the future.

And yet, as we know, he was correct.

But I await with bated breath your counter-example.

And yet, here you are. I have found something I can agree with Tryharder62 on, and for that, I thank you ;)

Then please, give your counter example. Give me an example of a settled debate between science and religion where religion has been accepted as the correct explanation.

Thunder, Lightning, Earthquakes, The sun, The day/night cycle, The Lunar cycle. Rainbows, Fossils, Volcanoes. Science proved them wrong.

Not recent enough for you? Then let us look at Copernicus, whose idea that perhaps the earth wasn't the centre of the universe was rejected, in part, for not agreeing with the bible. And let us discuss Galileo Galilei's championing of Copernicus' theories, some 70 years later. These idea, based on scientific evidence, caused him to be accused of heresy and banned from advocating, teaching or even discussing the idea. And later led to his house arrest and the banning of his works, even ones he might write in the future.

We all know that the Earth is flat and is, indeed, the center of the universe though.

Sooooo…...;)

Well wait no more!!!!
(I want you to know that I treasure the post above that says you agree with me about something):D

My answer is that no one is ever going to settle the debate between science and religion because they are out to do two different things. Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. So you would expect science to be better at the examples you gave. Religion is set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. Science does not do well on things like moral code.

That is why a person can be interested in both!:cool:

Well wait no more!!!!
(I want you to know that I treasure the post above that says you agree with me about something):D

My answer is that no one is ever going to settle the debate between science and religion because they are out to do two different things. Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. So you would expect science to be better at the examples you gave.

So, in fact, even though you challenged my "every time" statement, you are not able to find a counter example?

But to take another tack now - if you agree that science is far better able to tackle such questions, why are there *still* people who attack the Theory of Evolution purely on the grounds that it contradicts the bible?

Science does not do well on things like moral code.

But religion does?

Well, lets take the worlds most popular religion as an example shall we? Christianity brought us the spanish inquisition, and the torturing of people to death because they might be witches. It brought us rules for beating your wife, and for how hard you can beat your slave (and that slaves should be content even if their master is cruel). It brought us homosexuals being sent to prison (Ooo! Homosexuality! Another thing religion tried to explain but that science explains better! - add it to the list).

It gave us specific instructions on how to treat the people you have conquered (including forcing yourself on their women) and that women should have to marry their rapist (whilst also saying that if discovered to be non-virgins on their wedding day, women should be stoned to death). Christianity taught us that its OK to get your dad drunk and have sex with him, but that if you happen to see your dad naked whilst trying to help is drunken ass to bed, you shall be cursed for all eternity.

It gave us men sitting on thrones of gold (or living in luxury mansions, or just building huge, expensive phallic stone towers) whilst others starve. It brought us churches that demand money from the congregation, then lock their doors to the homeless at night.

Religion as a source of morality? Why doesn't this forum have a ROFL emoticon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back