Electroplay-questions and answers

DVS

A ghost from your dreams
Oh, I know that just the word electricity can scare the crap out of some people. I understand that. But we sometimes are afraid of what we don't know...like what's lurking in the shadows.

The thing is, there's usually nothing lurking in those shadows. It's lurking in our imagination, instead. And even if there was something in the shadows, I'll bet you would chase it away, if you turned on a light.

Knowledge is that way. If you don't know about something, you can be afraid of it, or assume it will hurt you, in some way. If you can't swim, water is like that. If you are shy, public speaking can be that way. Some people say sky diving is silly, because you are jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. I haven't tried that yet, but I'd like to, some day.

This thread is to help you with understanding electroplay and maybe a little bit of how it feels, and various other things. I'm not going to get into how to make your own electoplay devices, because I don't want to cause someone to get hurt.

It's not that difficult to do, as long as you know what you're doing. But, if you don't know what you're doing, it's easy to do something wrong. Sometimes, doing something wrong can get someone hurt...even killed.

Don't consider me an expert. I'm a long time player and I have a degree in electricity and electronics. But, when it comes to some devices, it might be best to just google for yourself. I can help you with understanding the terms and with safe use, etc. but helping with which one to buy...that's totally up to you.

So, anybody out there interested in electoplay? Anybody not interested in electoplay? Is it a total phobia for you? Have you have a bad experience with it? Is it a hard limit? I'm not going to try and change your mind, but I might give you something to think about that might change your mind. Or it might not.

I've got claustrophobia. Trust me. There is nothing anybody can say that will ever help me with that. It's just inside of me and that's that. Some say you can get past it with therapy. You know what I say about that? I'm not going to pay somebody to help me with my demons. I've got Xanax for that.

So, I understand if your demons are there, too. And I'm no doctor and I've never played one on TV. Your demons are yours to do with as you may. I'm just here to spread a little light on the subject.

Get it? Light? Electric light? Oh, never mind my humor.

Fun fact; not too long before I was listed as "put him on an ice floe and shove him downstream," I actually taught electronics repair for a bit. As just a fun little side project, I supervised a group of my students building a Jacob's Ladder.

The director of the school thought it was really cool...

... right up until one of my students told him the voltage we were working with.

I was so proud of my student...

"Sheesh, dude. It's the amperage that kills you." :rolleyes:

Fun fact; not too long before I was listed as "put him on an ice floe and shove him downstream," I actually taught electronics repair for a bit. As just a fun little side project, I supervised a group of my students building a Jacob's Ladder.

The director of the school thought it was really cool...

... right up until one of my students told him the voltage we were working with.

I was so proud of my student...

"Sheesh, dude. It's the amperage that kills you." :rolleyes:

Yeah, some people like to say, "it's not the voltage that will hurt you, it's the current". But, when you are talking about that much voltage, where you can feel it in your teeth...in that case, it's the voltage that will hurt you.

The band KANSAS has a song called "Lightning's Hand". If you know the band member's names, Kerry Livgren was one of the guitar players and he wrote a lot of the songs, back then. He and Steve Walsh wrote that song. Robby Steinhardt played violin and also had a major singing part in the song.

This was back when they were pretty well known and had enough money to do whatever they wanted to, on stage. Kerry had met someone who had a small Tesla coil. As the story goes, he explained to Kerry that Robby could put on a metal mesh outfit and hold up this sword at one point in the song.

A lightning bolt would come out from back stage and strike the sword. It would be great. Kerry thought it was a great idea, too. The sword handle was rubber and it would have a cable going down his back that would carry the voltage away from his body.

Well, the amount of electricity the coil needed to work made it impossible, because of the amount of electricity the band's amps and things needed. Most venues just didn't have enough electricity to handle both. It also sometimes caused a bad hum in the P.A. that they couldn't filter out.

But, if you hear Robby tell the story, he wasn't ever going to put on that damn metal mesh suit anyway, just because he knew the a mount of voltage that was in that lightning bolt. Frankly, I don't blame him one bit.

I am SUPER INTERESTED!!!! I know nothing about it as of yet and have not tried it. I did put it in a sci fi story I was writing though, not having realized it was a real thing :p

i'm very curious to try some electric play, and i have had a cheap shock thing used on me...it was pretty ummmm, stimulating!!!
i've googled things like dog shock collars and for what i've read it sounds like one needs to be very careful even with them!

I made an anal shocker out of a dog shock collar. It has 10 intensity settings and yes, that 10th setting will get your attention. but, the way that thing works, the contacts are very close together and so the current has a very short path.

I don't think I'd enjoy using it as an actual collar, though. I'd maybe use it on a leg or an arm. I'm against doing anything above the neck. Our brain is up there and our eyes are, too. Cooking any part of our brain or eyes wouldn't be any fun. You can't see electrical current, so just don't mess with parts of the body you want to keep pure or pristine. Would you use a flogger or a whip on your head or eyes? If you would, you aren't of the same mindset as I am. Sorry.

Also, I wouldn't suggest someone who has a pace maker to mess with it or any other kind of electoplay. Also, any kind of electroplay that is used around your heart, unless that device is made for above the waist, like a double poll TENS unit. The heart beats because of a small electrical impulse at the bottom of your heart. Anything electrical that interferes with that could be a bad thing, obviously.

But, below the waist, you are OK with many electrical toys and a dog shock collar type of toy would also be OK. It's similar to one of those toys that have a pretty intense shock, but the shock is short and like the dog caller thing, the path between the two electodes is short, less than an inch in many cases.

Also, something else that is fun to try is one of those tennis racket things that are made to zap bugs. They only have one setting, but that one setting will get your attention. It's not something you can really used on your pussy, because it is just too large to get between your legs.

But, for tits, ass and thighs, it can be a lot of fun. It's just a short shock, but it will create a little spark. So, in the dark, it can also be interesting for the dom. And in complete darkness, I'd guess that spark would be kind of like a small lightening flash. Not as interesting as a violet wand, but still some cool fun, for about $3 or $4 and a few AAA batteries.

Where should a newbie begin?

Maybe get you one of those tennis rackets I spoke of, that are for zapping bugs. I've seen them on line and at Harbor Freight stores, if you have one of them near you.

Also a cheap TENS unit that's for muscle treatment cold be fun. Sore muscles are said to rejuvenate with stimulation and a TENS unit can do that. It fires rapid current spikes and that triggers the muscles. A cheap TENS would be a single pole type, which I'll explain, below.

The TENS units used for this muscle therapy are usually low in output current, so it's more a tickle than pain, but you can get some TENS units that are more powerful than others. I've seen them anywhere from $45 to $300 or $400.

Those more expensive ones are for serious sexual play. They are double pole TENS units and what that means is you really have two single pole TENS units in one box. These would be safe to use above the waist, like on nipples. So, just like the dog collar thing I spoke of in the previous post, the distance the current goes is about 1/2 an inch.

The double pole TENS has two sets of leads, one set for each nipple. A single pole TENS only has one set of leads. You'd put one lead on one nipple and the other lead on the other nipple. That would work, but the issue that creates is because the two leads are so far apart, the current travels through the chest from one lead to the other.

And as it goes through the chest, it also passes through or very near the heart. That's NOT very safe at all. So, all single pole TENS units should be used below the waist.

Any device that has a single set of leads where the current will travel from one to the other, is bad above the waist. they are just fine below the waist and you can get some that have alligator clips or stick on pads.

You've surely seen videos where both are used. Depending on where you stick the pads or where you clip the alligator clips, you can create yourself some interesting fun. They have intensity knobs on them which are really volume knobs for the current. You'd have to experiment where you put the leads, to get the result you are looking for.

Getting into the very expensive double pole TENS units, like I said they are like having two single pole TENS units in one box. The more expensive ones can create different waves like square wave, sine wave, triangle, etc.

What that means is how the wave acts. A square wave would be an instant on for a period of time, then an instant off. A triangle wave would start off low power and move up to high power, then back down to low power again. A sine wave is the mildest of all in that it is just like an S on its side, and that's how the wave goes, up and down and up and down in a smooth motion.

Now, the modulation button can take advantage of those different waves, too and use waves to modulate the two parts of the double pole TENS between each other. So not only do you have the current of the two individual sets of leads, you can also modulate those two with the modulation button.

So, say you want to stimulate the muscles of your back. You can attach one set of pads to the muscles on the right side of your back and the other set on the left side of your back. Then, adjusting the knobs, you can make the current seem like it's going from one pad to the next, to the next, to the next, in a big circle.

Chiropractors use double pole TENS units, when they want to do therapy on the muscles of your back. I've had these pads put on my back before and actually fallen asleep during the application. It feels like an ocean of waves.

Of course, anything made for therapy can be used in a sexual way. Just keep in mind that something passing through the chest isn't good. A lot of people enjoy nipple stimulation. A single pole TENS is not good for above the waist, as it would be using it from nipple to nipple.

With a double pole TENS, the current only passes through the nipple itself. That's a very big difference, but there's also a very big difference in price.

Last edited:
i agree with you that most electric play should be below the waist. the cheap one used on me has stick on pads that were on my inner thighs, i don't know how high the settings went...but the one i felt was quite shocking!!!
i'll look for the bug thing. 3-4 dollars isn't much, and it might be...interesting to try!

I guess they've gone up in price. Maybe there's been a demand from the kinky sex people and they're taking advantage of that.

The ones with the designs in the racket area are for user safety, so you don't zap yourself and only the bugs. I've gotten some of them and you can sometimes cut that part off, so it's not in your way.

But, I'd shy away from those, if you can't look at it in the store. Some of those things are inside the metal webbing and so you can't get them out. Safety isn't always your friend, I guess.

those can also be a triple set of webs that take more push to make an electrical contact. Again, I think that is for safety. But, if you were going to use it to zap bugs, it woudln't work that well, either as you'd have to hit that bug with a lot of force to get it to touch the outer and inner wire mesh.

And there are some that don't have that stuff in the center. I'd stick to one of those, if you are just buying on line and can't tell if you could cut the safety designs off. I've added a link that might get you started. You can also Google bug zapper or bug zapping swatters and get some more links.

I wouldn't spend too much on one of these. Those that are priced at $20 or more, sure seem like they are quite a bit over priced. But, you are really looking for one that has no safety obstructions in the racket area. So, I don't think they are any better than one that would be around $8 or $10, unless that's what you have to spend to get one without the safety stuff. Maybe they know what you're going to use it on. You never know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ele...v03s3cAhUNEawKHfk8CAAQsxgIKw&biw=1280&bih=867

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Do you know anything about PES? I was interested in those years ago but for some reason it looks like they no longer make the unit for women that they used to. Makes me wonder why. Not that I'd be likely to get one. Very pricey. Just the thought of it excites me!

I had my heart re-booted last week, but was out for the show.:)

One thing intrigues me... I once saw a short clip where e-stim was used to trigger ejaculation. Semen flowed like a faucet. Since then, I've looked, but found very little information on this. Can you comment?

I had my heart re-booted last week, but was out for the show.:)

One thing intrigues me... I once saw a short clip where e-stim was used to trigger ejaculation. Semen flowed like a faucet. Since then, I've looked, but found very little information on this. Can you comment?

The male prostate has a job in producing semen in the ejaculation process. I've never done this, but it's possible to massage the prostate through the asshole with a finger and when done correctly and with practice, it can be pleasurable and cause ejaculation. This process is called prostate milking.

e-stims have been developed to assist with this through electrical stimulation. A metal conductor is inserted into the asshole and once the prostate is found and properly stimulated, it can be a pleasurable experience, causing ejaculation. It can include an erection, but it really isn't necessary. You are kind of bypassing some of the sexual process.

It's not just a sexual thing. There are e-stims on the market for farmers to stimulate their bull in this way, to get semen for artificial insemination of a cow. I guess if the old guy isn't interested, he can be somewhat forced to participate artificially.

On humans, this can be both good and bad. There is too much of a good thing, and when it involves sexual pleasure, we often think a lot is OK. But, electricity loves moisture. And if there is moisture present, the connection between tissue and electricity is better. A better connection means more efficient transfer of the electricity to body tissue.

But, this process also tends to dry out the tissue. Once the tissue no longer has any moisture, the electricity doesn't stop conducting. At that point it can burn the tissue. Burning in the anus is a bad thing. First, the anal walls are very tender as well as sensitive. But, any scratch can lead to infection and even if there's no infection, it can take a long time to heal.

This is why any anal play should always have a goodly amount of lubrication and no sharp edges or pointy things should be inserted. Don't believe the videos you see. Those are either fake or the people involved don't care or are not informed with the dangers of such things.

So, getting into something too much can end up causing problems. But, this is a process that has been done in a sexual scene and like I said, when done correctly, it can cause ejaculations.

It's best if the subject is completely relaxed and they say taking a nice hot shower can help with that. If the subject is tense, that's not going to help with the intended result.

That's pretty much all I know about the subject, as it's done on males. There are e-stims for women, too. No, there is no prostate in the woman's body, but depending on the device and where it's inserted and the mental kink of the subject, the e-stims can cause a woman to cum, too.

In a woman, most of it is the feeling of someone else controlling the device that helps with this. A submissive will have something inserted into her pussy or asshole and it will be controlled by her dom by a wireless remote control. Some of the newer devices can be controlled by an app on your smart phone.

I've never done this myself, because these devices are not cheap. And I don't have a smart phone, either. But, I've seen videos of women being stimulated in different ways by wireless devices in their pussy and/or asshole and either being tormented by it or pleasured. And too much pleasure can eventually become torment, right?

Some of these women are bound, so they can't do anything to stop the stimulation and they can be forced to cum as a result. It's not the same as the e-stim in a male, but more mental with the woman. There is also the G-spot that can be stimulated by these devices and I'm sure that's part of the pleasure a woman can feel from this. There are also devices that stimulate the clit and we all know how that can end up, don't we, ladies?

But, just like with a man, too much of a good thing can be bad. But, from what I've seen, most of this kind of stimulation in women is short bursts of current and still others are just vibrators that can be adjusted remotely for various kinds of stimulation.

I find these devices to be pretty interesting myself, as I'm into bondage and sexual tormenting the female body. I love to force orgasms. There's nothing more sexually satisfying to me than the sight of a woman in the throes of a massive orgasm that I caused. I just wish they were cheaper, so I could experiment more.

Again, I urge anybody who wants to experiment with this to follow all safety rules as well as the basic rule of too much of a good thing can be bad. I wouldn't suggest experimenting with electroplay unless you are knowledgeable about the bad things that could also happen.

There are so many ways to indulge these days, that most anybody can participate. That's a problem, because when you get electroplay devices and sexual release together, you can dry out the skin, dry out sensitive inner tissues and then the next step is burns.

I can visualize a guy with his girlfriend all tied up and an e-stim in her pussy and she's jerking around with each press of the button in his hands. The power he feels from this is intoxicating and that can be a problem. That sexual power blurs his common sense and his girlfriend pays for it, the next day.

Well, she might not be his girlfriend because of that. She trusted him to be the sensible one as he was in control of the situation. How many women have been hurt by a novice dom who said something like, "no baby, it will be fun. Just give it a try." She'll drop you so fast...

You might not feel pain at the time, any more than the sexual stimulation itself. But, you will feel it later. Take care to not over indulge. I can't say that any stronger. With some people you just have to say, "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!"

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Do you know anything about PES? I was interested in those years ago but for some reason it looks like they no longer make the unit for women that they used to. Makes me wonder why. Not that I'd be likely to get one. Very pricey. Just the thought of it excites me!

As far as I know, PES systems are still made, but I think they have kind of lost their interest because of how TENS units have taken over. They are really a simple TENS unit, to the uneducated user, because they do a lot of the same things a TENS unit will do.

And with both the PES and the TENS devices, there are so many different brands, and they all like to use a different way of connecting the leads to the box. This is so you will always buy your attachments from them.

There are snap on connectors that look like the snaps you'd see on some jackets, plug in connectors that look like earbud plugs, banana plugs you may have seen on speaker connectors and everybody tries their own combination of these. While they all work, it can get frustrating finding attachments for your expensive box. Unfortunately, as with many things, buyer beware.

The idea of electrical play titillates but I cannot think of one person within my acquaintance I would trust to not barbecue my bits nor set me on fire. I would need to be convinced that my partner understands how electricity works and how to do electroplay safely. So that's the main obstacle, at least for me, so far. I intend to dabble in it myself with the hope of educating potential partners in the future, but there is much to learn.

The idea of electrical play titillates but I cannot think of one person within my acquaintance I would trust to not barbecue my bits nor set me on fire. I would need to be convinced that my partner understands how electricity works and how to do electroplay safely. So that's the main obstacle, at least for me, so far. I intend to dabble in it myself with the hope of educating potential partners in the future, but there is much to learn.

That's a very sensible approach to this. It's not unlike any other healthy trust issues with a possible partner. Trust but verify is the term used. But in this case, I'd change that to verify before trust.

And if you yourself know about electroplay or at least the few things you have tried on yourself, you can make sure a potential dom knows his shit, just by asking questions that you already know the answer to.

It's how police interview suspects. They ask questions, when they already know the answers, to see how that person answers. If you experiment on your own, dabbling with things, little by little, you not only develop a knowledge of how things work, you also acquire a selection of toys.

And the more knowledge you develop, the more savvy you are at selecting good toys, with attachments with connectors that are going to work for you. Experience is knowledge and that is the best ammunition when interviewing a dom who says he has electroplay experience.

Lilke I said, you'll know the answers, so you'll also know trick questions to ask and how he answers will tell you a lot his skills and many other things about him as an honest player, before you agree to anything.

Yeah, some people like to say, "it's not the voltage that will hurt you, it's the current". But, when you are talking about that much voltage, where you can feel it in your teeth...in that case, it's the voltage that will hurt you.

The band KANSAS has a song called "Lightning's Hand". If you know the band member's names, Kerry Livgren was one of the guitar players and he wrote a lot of the songs, back then. He and Steve Walsh wrote that song. Robby Steinhardt played violin and also had a major singing part in the song.

This was back when they were pretty well known and had enough money to do whatever they wanted to, on stage. Kerry had met someone who had a small Tesla coil. As the story goes, he explained to Kerry that Robby could put on a metal mesh outfit and hold up this sword at one point in the song.

A lightning bolt would come out from back stage and strike the sword. It would be great. Kerry thought it was a great idea, too. The sword handle was rubber and it would have a cable going down his back that would carry the voltage away from his body.

Well, the amount of electricity the coil needed to work made it impossible, because of the amount of electricity the band's amps and things needed. Most venues just didn't have enough electricity to handle both. It also sometimes caused a bad hum in the P.A. that they couldn't filter out.

But, if you hear Robby tell the story, he wasn't ever going to put on that damn metal mesh suit anyway, just because he knew the a mount of voltage that was in that lightning bolt. Frankly, I don't blame him one bit.

Oh, yes. I was actually being half facetious with my comment that I was so proud of that student. Actually, he gave me a panic attack with parroting that back, something I'd actually said in lectures, when I realized I hadn't adequately covered the differences between the low-voltage electronics they were learning to repair with me and the high-voltage experiment we were engaging in as a reward for all of them aceing their test just a couple of weeks prior to Halloween that year.

I assure you, I flipped the emergency cut off and we had a long and much-needed discussion about just what the differences were with the ultra high voltage we were working with. And more on the resistance differential of the human body.

Any road, the thread is going great and you are, as usual, doing a slam-bang job of answering questions fully and completely.

The one thing I hadn't seen mentioned yet is anyone questioning just how it is electricity could possibly be a pleasurable experience. *Shrug* And I don't know that it needs to be addressed if anyone isn't curious. And it may, perhaps, be more of a medical "Gross Anatomy" question when it does occur.

And I'm going back to lurking since I have absolutely no intention of proving just how much (or more likely how comparatively little) I may or may not know.

Have fun, DVS! :D

Oh, yes. I was actually being half facetious with my comment that I was so proud of that student. Actually, he gave me a panic attack with parroting that back, something I'd actually said in lectures, when I realized I hadn't adequately covered the differences between the low-voltage electronics they were learning to repair with me and the high-voltage experiment we were engaging in as a reward for all of them aceing their test just a couple of weeks prior to Halloween that year.

I assure you, I flipped the emergency cut off and we had a long and much-needed discussion about just what the differences were with the ultra high voltage we were working with. And more on the resistance differential of the human body.

Any road, the thread is going great and you are, as usual, doing a slam-bang job of answering questions fully and completely.

The one thing I hadn't seen mentioned yet is anyone questioning just how it is electricity could possibly be a pleasurable experience. *Shrug* And I don't know that it needs to be addressed if anyone isn't curious. And it may, perhaps, be more of a medical "Gross Anatomy" question when it does occur.

And I'm going back to lurking since I have absolutely no intention of proving just how much (or more likely how comparatively little) I may or may not know.

Have fun, DVS! :D

Ah yes. Electricity as a feeling of pleasure. Being mostly a sexual sadist at heart, I don't often think of this part of electoplay. But, mostly with TENS units, there is very much a degree of pleasure that can be gained from them. If you've ever been to a Chiropractor who has one, you can understand the feelings they can give you. Of course, he doesn't put them where they will give you a sexual experience, but he can put them where you will indeed feel the pleasure of it.

Mostly, it's a double pole TENS that will give you the most options for pleasure. With their various wave settings and modulation settings, you can end up in a wave of feelings that can take you places. And you probably shouldn't do this alone, as if you fall asleep, the TENS unit doesn't know and will just keep on going. That can result in the same thing as too much of a good thing being bad.

But, I'd guess you could set up a timer on your electrical power as a fail safe, in case you do fall asleep. I wouldn't set it for very long...maybe 10 minutes, tops. And then make sure you don't repeat too soon. The human body can recover very nicely, but you still have to give it some time. Maybe 10 minutes on and then 30 minutes recovery time. Your mileage WILL vary.

What I mean by saying all of this is while a dom might want to torment you with the electrical settings a little higher than you might want them to be, or the length of time in-between the times he presses the button is shorter than you'd maybe like, a low setting on a TENS unit can be quite soothing and really what they were intended for, when talking about the recovery of a sore muscle or even a joint.

Electrical stimulation brings blood to the affected area and recovery time is then shorter than without stimulation. But, even with the settings on mild, take it easy with how long you use the device. Like I've said before, electricity takes moisture out of the skin and other tissues. Give your body time to recover.

But with the various wave settings, modulation settings and all of that set at a low amplitude (volume), a TENS unit can be quite soothing and even sensual, depending on the part of the body you have it um...stimulating. With the pads attached to areas below your waist and pulsing on one setting or maybe set to a specific wave and modulating with another wave setting...oh baby.

Just remember, never use any electrical device on the neck or above and never use near the heart, such as from back to nipple or any chest area to back, as the current will travel through the chest cavity where the heart is. Even with a double pole TENS, if you don't know what you're doing, stay below the waist. You are going to have a shit load of fun with one below the waist, trust me.

It's a little strange that nobody has mentioned a violet wand. I know they are pretty expensive (to get one that will last), but they have been around for over 100 years. No, they weren't used sexually back in the old days, but they were sold as a remedy for all kinds of ailments, just like a lot of potions were.

These days, from say the late 60s and forward, they have been incorporated by the sex world for an alternative to the TENS units and other forms of sexual torment/pleasure.

It would be worth your time to Google a violet wand, just to see what they are like and what they can do. They are actually considered safer than a TENS unit, because they produce static electricity. And they also produce quite a light show.

Sadly, I haven't had the chance to use mine in a while. It's not easy to find willing victi...I mean partners for electroplay, especially when you don't just feel it, you can see it, like with a violet wand. Another fun toy, for playing in the darkness.

Violet Wand

Our local BDSM group had a night where we learned about electric play with both the Violet Wand and the TENS machine. Not only was safety a big part of the lesson, but actually watching it being used and being able to try it ourselves.

I prefer the Wand because it can be used sensually, running it over legs, breasts, up my thigh. I'm big on sensual things. The person giving the show with the TENS had my attention until he began to use it in a consensual sadistic way on his partner, turning a lesson show into his own sexual play time.

*shrugs*

I would definitely try that Wand again, though. :D

Our local BDSM group had a night where we learned about electric play with both the Violet Wand and the TENS machine. Not only was safety a big part of the lesson, but actually watching it being used and being able to try it ourselves.

I prefer the Wand because it can be used sensually, running it over legs, breasts, up my thigh. I'm big on sensual things. The person giving the show with the TENS had my attention until he began to use it in a consensual sadistic way on his partner, turning a lesson show into his own sexual play time.

*shrugs*

I would definitely try that Wand again, though. :D

It's great when you have a group like that and someone can educate you all in a casual setting and even let you try different things to see how they feel. Also, someone might ask a question you didn't think to ask. And some people just can't handle electricity...a phobia and all. It's better to handle this, in a group setting, especially when they are friends. Just like my claustrophobia...I could never be tied up. I'd go crazy, or maybe that's crazier.

Before I get into what the wand can do, I'll once again point out what you shouldn't do. If you have a pace maker or similar electronic device in your body, don't mess with ANY electroplay devices. And with so many things being digital these days, keep them away from the wand. Small static charges like those produced by the wand, and even those you get from walking across a room and zap your finger on a door knob...those can damage the silicone chips in things like digital TVs, radios and pretty much anything else, if you get it close enough.

it's not the wand's fault. Even a power surge from your power company, or when your electricity flickers on and off because of an electrical storm or lightening, all of that can totally ruin these things. It's a good rule of thumb to have a good surge suppressors on all of your digital items. Just uneven electrical power can kill them. A case in point...don't have your expensive stereo system on the same breaker as your refrigerator or window AC unit. When those compressors come on and go off, they send a surge through the electrical wires and over time, that WILL damage your digital stuff.

OK, I don't know how in depth the wand show was, but it is a very versatile thing. First, it's static electricity, so it's safer than a TENS. It only gets the surface of the body. It still has a "too much of a good thing is bad" aspect to it, though, like with a TENS. All electrical toys are like that.

Interesting facts about the wand. I guess you saw the glass attachments with the gas in them. When the static charge gets the gas, that little lightening bolt inside glows with a violet color...hence the name. All of the glass attachments direct the current in different ways. The round globe is the less intense and most vivid with the display. There are others, the straight tube, the rake, the mushroom, etc. All of them are a little different in how they get to smaller areas of the body and how they feel.

Many kits come with an incandescent attachment. It's basically a screw in socket for a regular light bulb. You can then use a regular incandescent light bulb in the same way as the other glass globes. I've never done this, but I'd guess different size bulbs would allow you to get to different areas better than with one of the globes?

There is an attachment that's called the body contact plate. It has either a small chain or cable attached to it and the dom can stick that plate in his wast band or whatever so it connects to his skin and the other end plugs into the wand. This allows his body to be the conductor. His finger can then shock the submissive. He feels it too, but not as much as the submissive does. And with a blindfold, only he knows where he's going with the next shock.

There is a glove with spikes in it called the vampire glove that can be worn and all of the spikes would then conduct the current. Also, there are metal finger tips that look like long fingernails that can be worn and they act in the same way. With this setup, anything metal that he holds in his hand becomes the conductor...a fork, a spoon, whatever.

Many kits come with a little tool with a pointed roller on the end called the Wartenberg pinwheel where the dom holds that in his hand and rolls it over the submissive's body. The little spikes in the wheel conduct the current and it is concentrated in each spike, as it goes along the body. This little item can be used without the wand for its own version of torment as those spikes are kind of pointy, for sure. You really don't have to press very hard and you shouldn't. It will draw blood.

People who like knife play can use this body conductor with a DULL butter knife. Please, don't do this with a sharp knife. The dom holds the metal butter knife in his hand and runs the edge over the body. Different sensations are felt, depending on if he runs the flat surface over her or the edge. If he runs the edge over her, that intensities the current onto just the edge...similar to the wheel spikes. It can really feel like you are being cut, because of the sensation from it. See why I say not to use a sharp knife?

Also, you can brand someone with the wand. It's not a serious brand as you might have seen in videos, but when using some tool...say a dentist's tool with a very pointy tip, that concentrates all of the current into one small point. You can cause a burn on the skin that way, and it will last a while. I don't suggest this as a regular thing, because it can make the wand work too hard. Like anything that produces electrical current, it can get hot after prolonged use. I take care of my toys and so branding isn't my thing. But, this is possible, just the same.

And with the knife, you can leave a red mark on the body, if you slowly move the knife edge along the body. Even with the edge of a spoon or fork, you can do that, too. It's just making the point of contact smaller, so all of the wand's current is focused in that small point.

Some wands come with a kind of chain, that looks like a very large version of a key chain. You know, the ones that have a little snap in them, that you can add keys to? But this is a lot larger, longer and it has a handle on it. The dom holds the handle and the chain is then the conductor. Running that chain over the body gives some interesting sensations. You can let it go down between the legs, run it over a nipple or in any real crack that other attachments can't get to. Yep, an interesting attachment that is.

Also, there is an attachment called a metal flogger. All it really is is impregnated Mylar tails with a metal handle. I've got one, but never really used it much. You can use it similar to a flogger, but it has no weight of it's own, like a real flogger would. But the Mylar tails conduct the current and so you feel the sensations that way. It's kind of like the chain, but with more of them, and slightly different feel.

If you are into fire play, the wand can be used to ignite solutions. This isn't my thing, though I know it works. The spark that the wand makes will work like a match, for sure. I've never done it and never plan on doing it, so that's all I'll say about that.

There are other things that the wand is good for, but I won't go into them, as they really require someone who is well educated about electricity and how it travels and how the wand works. But, part of it makes the submissive the conductor and so when the dom touches anywhere on her body, they both get a shock. An interesting thing, in combination with a creative mind.

I think the wands have come down in price, but you have to worry about which one you get. Some have a wax core and they are old technology. You don't want one of those, because wax melts and so that really limits the length of time you can play with the wand. Like I said, they can get hot with long use. Actually, I never use mine very long anyway...and keeping with the too much of a good thing rule, nobody really should. Just use it as part of your session...not the whole damn session.

There are other versions that don't have a wax core and they are better, but quite a bit more expensive. Mind cost over $400 for the whole kit from Huse and Son and that was back in the early 90s. I don't think Huse would have any with a wax core. You can contact them and ask about that. They will answer questions. Maybe wax cores aren't around any more.

Huse is pretty good about sharing their knowledge and want you to be safe with any toys you get from them. The problem with the wax version is it won't say "wax core" anywhere. You need to investigate for yourself to find out what brands have it and which ones don't. The fact that they are still in business is good, because a place that doesn't sell good products wouldn't be. I'll attach a link to their site below. If you've never heard of them, they have some interesting items. They aren't just electoplay merchants, by any means.

So, that's my explanation of a violet wand. There are different names for them like violet ray and other things that just look and act like a violet wand but aren't. Attachments are sold with the wand in a kit, and you can get others separately. Some of the glass tubes have a different gas in them, so they glow amber instead of violet. I doubt there is any difference, except for the color. I like the violet color, myself. :cool:

OK, if you have the available cash, go shopping. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, follow all rules and be safe. Electroplay can be very interesting, but it can also be dangerous in the wrong hands. Educate yourselves, so you aren't one of those people.

Electricity will always take the shortest route to ground. It acts kind of like water, but you can't see it. Keep things out of the way that may conduct current, so you don't end up sending the current any direction than the direction you intend for it to go. Like if you are into fire play and use lighter fluid as your fuel, don't keep the damn bottle right next to you. The wand could ignite the whole thing. Use common sense, people. You can have a lot of fun with these toys, but they are for adults.

And when I sad adult, I don't mean just somebody that is of a certain age. I mean someone who is a responsible individual with the sense to understand what they are dealing with and takes that responsibility seriously. Know what can go wrong and take care against it happening.

Electroplay is fun to play with, but you should go slow. If you end up hurting someone, or get hurt yourself, that isn't much fun. If you hurt me, I wouldn't want to play with you any more. Make sense?

http://www.huse.com/product/301001.html#.W2WJ0cJOncs

Last edited:
so i bought one of those cheap bug swatters. it did not have the protective mesh that you mentioned, it has light metal wire on it. touching myself with it, it gave a nasty cracking sound, spark jumped to my skin, and it was kinda a nice little jolt :)
i decided to mod it...i took the racket part off, and just had the handle with two wires coming out the top...when i touched my skin with that, Wow! it left my leg twitching!

What you've done is concentrated the current into one small spot. before, it was spread out over the whole area of the racket, and the wire mesh acted as resistance to the full power of the thing.

What I mean by that is the swatter has a set power potential to it and the wire charged with that power, over the whole screen. The power was set to a certain current level, by calculating the amount of wire and the amount of screen it was going through to accomplish the job of zapping bugs.

Because the screen has a certain amount of resistance in the calculation, the makers set the power to counter the resistance just enough to do the job it was made to do.

Any time you add wire length, more metal or any other kind of extra conducting material to a calculated circuit, that lowers the potential of the circuit. The opposite is also true, in many cases. You have removed the set resistance of the wire mesh, and that increased the potential of the power.

You see this in integrated circuits, but to the uneducated person, it just looks like fancy colored cylinders. Those fancy colored cylinders are resistors. they all have a set amount of resistance and that color code explains it to someone who knows how to read them. Actually, these days, a resistor looks like something the size of Lincoln's head on a penny, if not a little smaller.

What you did was in essence remove one of those resistors and that changed the whole calculation of the swatter. So, it's more powerful than it was before. You have to watch doing things like that to electrical circuits. Just because they are run by a few small batteries, that doesn't mean it won't have a powerful punch to it.

There are ways of increasing the potential of even one battery. Each battery, be it a C cell, a D cell, AA or AAA, all have 1.5 volts of voltage. The larger batteries have more current potential, but because things are getting smaller and smaller, all you ever see used these days are the AA and AAA.

What I mean by current potential is, you will have to replace a AA or AAA battery a lot sooner than you would a C or D size battery. They just don't last as long. This is also why you might see several of them in a group, to power a device. This also adds up to more voltage.

Have you ever touched your tongue to a 9 volt battery, to see if it was still good? If you haven't ever done this, maybe you should. We baby boomers have probably all done it at one time or another. It's not possible to do this, with a AA or AAA because the poles are on opposite ends of the battery. If you try this, you might have a little trouble getting your tongue to work again. And that's just 9 volts of DC.

A word of caution. On that zapper of yours, if you touch those two bare wires together, you will probably destroy the circuit board. Have fun, but don't get too far ahead of your own knowledge of electricity. You could get zapped like one of those bugs.

Last edited:
There are ways of increasing the potential of even one battery. Each battery, be it a C cell, a D cell, AA or AAA, all have 1.5 volts of voltage. The larger batteries have more current potential, but because things are getting smaller and smaller, all you ever see used these days are the AA and AAA.

What I mean by current potential is, you will have to replace a AA or AAA battery a lot sooner than you would a C or D size battery.

Just to avoid some possible confusion here, "potential" can mean a couple of different things.

In physics, talking about "potential" as a noun just means the voltage. By that definition, all 1.5-volt batteries have the same "potential". But they differ in the amount of potential energy that they store (and can release), which is what DVS is talking about here.

(I'm just quibbling terminology here, not with the substance of what DVS' advice.)

There is an attachment that's called the body contact plate. It has either a small chain or cable attached to it and the dom can stick that plate in his wast band or whatever so it connects to his skin and the other end plugs into the wand. This allows his body to be the conductor. His finger can then shock the submissive. He feels it too, but not as much as the submissive does. And with a blindfold, only he knows where he's going with the next shock.

There is a glove with spikes in it called the vampire glove that can be worn and all of the spikes would then conduct the current. Also, there are metal finger tips that look like long fingernails that can be worn and they act in the same way. With this setup, anything metal that he holds in his hand becomes the conductor...a fork, a spoon, whatever.

Many kits come with a little tool with a pointed roller on the end called the Wartenberg pinwheel where the dom holds that in his hand and rolls it over the submissive's body. The little spikes in the wheel conduct the current and it is concentrated in each spike, as it goes along the body. This little item can be used without the wand for its own version of torment as those spikes are kind of pointy, for sure. You really don't have to press very hard and you shouldn't. It will draw blood.

People who like knife play can use this body conductor with a DULL butter knife. Please, don't do this with a sharp knife. The dom holds the metal butter knife in his hand and runs the edge over the body. Different sensations are felt, depending on if he runs the flat surface over her or the edge. If he runs the edge over her, that intensities the current onto just the edge...similar to the wheel spikes. It can really feel like you are being cut, because of the sensation from it. See why I say not to use a sharp knife?

And with the knife, you can leave a red mark on the body, if you slowly move the knife edge along the body. Even with the edge of a spoon or fork, you can do that, too. It's just making the point of contact smaller, so all of the wand's current is focused in that small point.
]

First, this is my favorite thread right now. Second, damn! I know what I am saving my money for now!! This is happening.

I've noticed that violet wands produce an ozone smell. Is that a safety or health concern?

First, this is my favorite thread right now. Second, damn! I know what I am saving my money for now!! This is happening.

I've noticed that violet wands produce an ozone smell. Is that a safety or health concern?

Ozone is produced when an electronic component goes bad, too. If you are into electronics enough, you can distinguish that smell. I've never had a problem with the ozone, but you can smell it on lengthy sessions. It's not an overpowering smell, but it is there.

I guess you should maybe make sure the room you are in has ventilation or is large enough that the smell doesn't get concentrated around you. I guess there are some who would be affected by ozone, but it doesn't bother me. If it does bother, you just a fan blowing over your play area, would probably be enough to keep the smell from lingering around you. like I said, it's not an overpowering smell for me.

I do want to caution getting too fast into something like this. It can be like gambling in that you end up spending a lot of money because you have this desire and before you know it, you're broke.

Good wands are not cheap and neither are the attachments. You get a fair amount of attachments in a kit with most wands, but there are so many others out there and they tend to milk you dry of your money.

I've found my share of toys by just holding something metal in my hand. It has to be totally metal, like a butter knife. Many knives have a handle that doesn't connect with the blade. Those won't work. I'm talking about cheap metal silverware, where they are all one piece of metal.

And Christmas tinsel is also fun. It's metal and draping some of that on your partner then running it along her body can give interesting sensations. Every time part of that tinsel touches enough to make a solid contact, a little interesting tickle can happen.

And that's part of this, too. It's not all about pain. A wand can be set at low intensity and so it can produce some very nice sensations. Like with that tinsel. you can use one strand or a group of them. Even a metal paddle would have an interesting added zap, with each swat.

Imagination can take you places. A trip to Home Depot or Lowes together can be an interesting kind of foreplay. Just remember to keep your senses. Don't let your desires and creativity get the best of you. Make sure you follow all rules of safety and common sense before you have your fun.

I'd also invest in one of those outlet testers to make sure your outlets are wired correctly. You should have the hot and neutral wired correctly and the ground wire should be connected. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for house wiring to be done by people who knew just enough to get it to work. That doesn't mean they knew enough to wire it correctly.

And this will also benefit you on other things. Most things these days are digital or have digital parts in them. This makes it very necessary to have your house wiring correct. If it isn't, you can turn on your new flat screen TV or your expensive stereo and they won't come on.

All of those digital chips are fragile. Incorrect current hitting them can be a slow death. If they are plugged into an outlet that isn't wired correctly, that's an expensive mistake. Also, a good surge suppressor would be a good investment. If you live in an area where the power isn't consistently at a good level, that can also damage your digital things.

And don't have them on the same breaker as a window AC unit or your refrigerator. Those things have compressors in them and when they go on and off, they send a surge of current down the line, to whatever is on the same circuit. That's not good for digital devices.

If your power goes out, like in an electrical storm, that's not really good for them either. Not so much when the power goes out, but when it comes back on...there is a surge of powerful current that hits your digital devices all at once.

Actually, power that goes dim and not completely out, then goes bright again is worse than the power going out and then coming back on again. And if it goes out repeatedly, within a few seconds, that's even worse. It's like a small hammer hitting those digital components. Get a good surge suppressor that stops those surges.

Last edited:

What about using TENS units in erotic play?

I've been considering buying one of those.

Yes, I think TENS uints have been explained earlier in this thread. I think back on my post (#9) is where they are talked about the most. If you have any questions, feel free ti ask.

We used a TENS unit once. We put one pad above my penis and the other below the scrotum. It felt like the tip of my cock was on fire.

Back