Well it's Waffle House after all. This stuff is gonna happen.

What we need are "limited capacity" suitcases. Nobody needs moar than 1 change of underwear. We also need to ban certain "features' like carry grips, collapsible handles and hidden rollers/wheels because those make luggage more dangerous because someone could just grab their suitcase and go on vacation at any time. Plus, nobody needs to carry luggage in public.

Don't know why they need so many wheels on those things, one should be the limit, and we should require there be microengravings on the wheel that's left, in case it falls off and we need to know who to go after.

You post nearly every day about murders involving less than 3 dead. I'm sure the relatives of the three dead will be glad to hear that you don't feel they qualify.

:rolleyes:
Spin, spin, spin, like your eyes.

The topic addressed was non-firearms related mass murder, which is four or more.

Genuine question here, I'm not trolling.

As someone who is biased towards gun control, I'm perplexed and I fail to understand why gun fans (for lack of a better word) are reacting so vehemently.

1. My understanding is that the whole hooha isn't about taking their guns away: it's about putting in place tighter checks and balances.

2. I feel that they react as if guns were essential to survival, (they talk about liberties, the first amendment and so on), whereas I see guns as merely tools for recreation.
What are they afraid of? Inability to defend themselves from gangs, Civil war, a future totalitarian government and military takeover?

The agenda is to ban all firearms. The zealots are doing it piecemeal, one tiny change at a time. "Reasonable" gun control laws. "Reasonable background checks" And so on.

If you look at the history of all gun laws, each one attempts to restrict the ownership and use of firearms. Each one builds on the ones before with the never-ending battle cry of "if only we had responsible gun laws so this wouldn't happen!" Yet each time that's been the mantra - more laws that do not do what they are touted to do. Instead, the politicians point to the failures of their very own restrictions and tell us that MORE LAWS will work.

If you also do a little digging you can also find that several of the anti-gun "leadership" have stated plainly and openly that the goal is to BAN ALL GUNS.

Look around the world at other governments that do not allow their people (basically) unrestricted firearms ownership/use. You'll notice that the people in those countries do not have the liberties we have here.

Great Britain, for example, now makes it illegal to SAY THINGS that we say every day. China makes it illegal to THINK certain things. Middle Eastern countries can BEAT YOU TO DEATH on the street if you don't worship in a certain way or often enough to suit the roving patrols.

That's not freedom. Here in the US, we can say what we want without censorship. We can think private thoughts. And we can worship (or not) the way we please. All of it without reprisal.

All of that is because of the Second Amendment. Take that away and the rest will fall like dominoes.

Nor is that idealistic dreaming. Our own history proves it. The War for Independence basically started because the King (or his men) declared that we should not be armed because we would not submit to the King's rule and abuses. By taking away our arms, we would have no choice except to submit.

I, and a lot of my fellow Americans, won't voluntarily submit or kneel for anyone. Our guns back us up. And, it isn't about winning or losing. We win even if we die because we STILL WON'T bow to anyone.

That's called the American Attitude. And it's why the world hates us. And it's why the zealots want to ban our guns.

Guns, murder and waffles. It's a good day for the RWCJ crowd, their wives or dogs may actually get some tonight.:)

Yep, we gave pilots GUNS. We have ARMED "air marshals" on planes too. And suddenly the hijackings stopped when we did that.

<derp snip>

Do we have everyday citizens on airplanes carrying guns though? No? Why not? Hmmm?

I, and a lot of my fellow Americans, won't voluntarily submit or kneel for anyone. Our guns back us up.
Your personal weapons are no match for a modern military so it's not firearms that preserve your liberty. Ballots, not bullets. Or are you a Maoist, believing that political power grows from the barrel of a gun? That's the path to warlords.

And you already meekly took the knee when you gave up full-autos, mortars, grenades, claymores, and other military weapons. You submit every time you allow unwarranted searches. Take off your shoes! Hand over your phone!

Sure, resist cops and troops with your peashooter. Have you prepared a will?

Your personal weapons are no match for a modern military so it's not firearms that preserve your liberty. Ballots, not bullets. Or are you a Maoist, believing that political power grows from the barrel of a gun? That's the path to warlords.

And you already meekly took the knee when you gave up full-autos, mortars, grenades, claymores, and other military weapons. You submit every time you allow unwarranted searches. Take off your shoes! Hand over your phone!

Sure, resist cops and troops with your peashooter. Have you prepared a will?

But we have Chuck Norris and a Hulk.

Reinking's father was present when those deputies came to confiscate the guns, Huston said. The father had a valid state authorization card and asked the police if he could keep the weapons. Deputies gave Reinking's father the weapons, Huston said.

"He was allowed to do that after he assured deputies he would keep them secure and away from Travis," Huston said, referring to Reinking's father.

Huston and Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson said they believe Reinking's father returned the weapons to Reinking.

His father had returned confiscated weapons to his son once before.
His god given right, after all :rolleyes:

Waffle House shooting: Father of suspect Travis Reinking previously took away son's guns

Thanks for answering.Much appreciated.
Some things that I still disagree with or I wish peopke would comment on:

The agenda is to ban all firearms. The zealots are doing it piecemeal, one tiny change at a time. "Reasonable" gun control laws. "Reasonable background checks" And so on.

If you look at the history of all gun laws, each one attempts to restrict the ownership and use of firearms.
If you also do a little digging you can also find that several of the anti-gun "leadership" have stated plainly and openly that the goal is to BAN ALL GUNS.

Well, if that's the case what seemed to me to be an overreaction and at times ilogical makes perfect sense.

This banning of all guns doesn't make sense to me either - even Australia, who's been highly successful in curtailing gun violence, didn't implement it.

Look around the world at other governments that do not allow their people (basically) unrestricted firearms ownership/use. You'll notice that the people in those countries do not have the liberties we have here.

Great Britain, for example, now makes it illegal to SAY THINGS that we say every day. China makes it illegal to THINK certain things. Middle Eastern countries can BEAT YOU TO DEATH on the street if you don't worship in a certain way or often enough to suit the roving patrols.

That's not freedom. Here in the US, we can say what we want without censorship. We can think private thoughts. And we can worship (or not) the way we please. All of it without reprisal.
All of that is because of the Second Amendment. Take that away and the rest will fall like dominoes.

You're using a 'False equivalency' imo.
Yes, I agree that if they had a piece of Legislation like the Second Ammendment, those attacks on freedom of speech and freedom wouldn't have happened.
But what does freedom of speech have to do with guns in those countries?
Pure coincidence, let alone the fact that those countries have a different History than the US.

I can see your logic here.
Let's think of ' the worst case scenario' : that they were successful in banning all guns. Are you claiming that the next step on their part would be to nullify the Second Ammendment? Which was one of their goals all along?
How would they even be able to do that? I can't see it happening.

Nor is that idealistic dreaming. Our own history proves it. The War for Independence basically started because the King (or his men) declared that we should not be armed because we would not submit to the King's rule and abuses. By taking away our arms, we would have no choice except to submit.

I, and a lot of my fellow Americans, won't voluntarily submit or kneel for anyone. Our guns back us up. And, it isn't about winning or losing. We win even if we die because we STILL WON'T bow to anyone.

That's called the American Attitude. And it's why the world hates us. And it's why the zealots want to ban our guns.

Well, this attitude I don't understand, but I don't share your guys' background and History, maybe if I did I might view things differently. But still - this view would have held 200 or so years ago, but now it seems to me outdated and a bit paranoid.

Mass murder still happens in those countries... But since they don't happen with guns, you don't care. It's selective outrage.

You don't like guns. That's fine.

You want to get rid of guns, that's the issue.

I'm sure Perth is a nice place to live, if you want to live a gun-free lifestyle.

:rolleyes:

You were right richard_daily. Anyone who owns an AR-15 needs mental help.

So, you've decided to be a member of the RWCJ? Welcome

Do you know the super secret handshake?

Yeah 9/11 changed everything, amiright? Funny how we haven't had a hijacker since we've strengthened certain laws (thanks for making my point).

Do you have anything moar recent than 17 years ago?
....didn't think so.

Evidently shooter-boy was known to the Secret Service. He was found in an off-limits area of the White House last year and demanded a personal audience with the Orange Shitgibbon. The Secret Service took notice and detained him. They confiscated his AR15 and three other steel penis substitutes from his home but later returned the weapons to his daddy. Daddy in turn gave the guns back to Junior. Murica! Fuck Yeah!

Buck 'o five, buddy. Buck 'o five.

The more recent news reports leave little doubt that Reinking IS mentally fucked up. A record of paranoid delusions.

As far as the courts and the emptying of the mental institutions it all began with Jackson v. Indiana, (1972). If you google it up you will find a list of related court decisions at the bottom of the entry. In each and every case you will find that the attorney of record was either with the ACLU or joined by the ACLU.

Reading the decisions leaves an individual of two minds. The first being that the laws as applied prior to those decisions was capricious at best leading to the virtual incarceration of individuals that did not belong in mental institutions. At least not locked up with the criminal elements. But it is also easy to see where those rulings would lead to subjecting the civil population to violence that MIGHT be perpetrated by these people.

And the "MIGHT" is where the proverbial 'rub' occurs. Later rulings force the courts to consider whether an individual is "an imminent threat to themselves or others" before ruling for incarceration. Obviously Reinking was not an 'imminent' threat in 2014, or '15, or '16, or '17. What he was was a ticking time bomb and as of this moment there is no evidence that the courts even ordered him into outpatient treatment, or even evaluation for that matter. And in that there are some parallels to the Cruz case.

A perfect storm is brewing in the obvious conflict between the implicit rights of the mentally ill vs. the explicit right guaranteed by the second amendment.

Yes, I agree with those who say that part of the issue is related to poor mental health care.

But I don't agree with part of what belisarius said , that deinstitutionalization plays a big role here.
What should we do? Lock'em all up forever and throw away the key? And don't forget, only a very, very small percent of psychiatric patients pose a potential risk to society.. The majority of criminals don't have major mental health disorders.

Richard and Ogg made good points regarding the poor funding of Mental Health, which means poor follow-up in community. ( Obamacare is almost as bad as it's predecessor. )
Belisarius was right too. As if poor funding wasn't enough, the US Mental Health Act makes it very hard for clinicians to intervene more aggressively when they have concerns about specific patients. Yes, the NHS might be underfunded too, Ogg, but unlike the US, the legal part gives clinicians more leverage when it comes to treating patients.

The more recent news reports leave little doubt that Reinking IS mentally fucked up. A record of paranoid delusions.

As far as the courts and the emptying of the mental institutions it all began with Jackson v. Indiana, (1972).

Reading the decisions leaves an individual of two minds. The first being that the laws as applied prior to those decisions was capricious at best leading to the virtual incarceration of individuals that did not belong in mental institutions. At least not locked up with the criminal elements. But it is also easy to see where those rulings would lead to subjecting the civil population to violence that MIGHT be perpetrated by these people.

And the "MIGHT" is where the proverbial 'rub' occurs. Later rulings force the courts to consider whether an individual is "an imminent threat to themselves or others" before ruling for incarceration. Obviously Reinking was not an 'imminent' threat in 2014, or '15, or '16, or '17. What he was was a ticking time bomb and as of this moment there is no evidence that the courts even ordered him into outpatient treatment, or even evaluation for that matter. And in that there are some parallels to the Cruz case.

But in this case, there were two factors which probably played a role in the tragedy.

1. poor 'mental health care'..
2. the gun culture.
The FBI took his guns away, probably in consult with his doctor. But his father gave them back to him.
Like she said:

His father had returned confiscated weapons to his son once before.
His god given right, after all :rolleyes:

Waffle House shooting: Father of suspect Travis Reinking previously took away son's guns

Spin, spin, spin, like your eyes.

The topic addressed was non-firearms related mass murder, which is four or more.

Really? They quantify mass murders?

Alas, we no longer have Andre the Giant, who as a kid was driven to school by playwright Thomas Becket. Waiting for Andre...

I don't think Thomas Becket would be driving anyone, since he's been dead for a long time.
Samuel Beckett, tho? Srsly? I hope you're not pulling my leg cuz Beckett is my fourth favourite playwright.

What a stupid paki. He always recaps what 1st world people say trying to look smart or in the know. Pathetic as always.

Back