Government shutdown over illegals?

The only explanation is the desire for a shutdown. Trump offered the Democrats a deal DACA, wall and border security. The Democrats only want DACA, so once again, they want what the want without any compromise because in the past the elite, effeminate Republican party would roll under the pressure of the press. Trump has undercut the press. The rules have changed.

For once I agree with Trump, but the Republicans wanted to try and use CHIP as a chip rather than just passing a clean bill to fund it. And the CBO says 10 years of funding CHIP would reduce the deficit by billions.

For once I agree with Trump, but the Republicans wanted to try and use CHIP as a chip rather than just passing a clean bill to fund it. And the CBO says 10 years of funding CHIP would reduce the deficit by billions.

Yet another moron pipes up.

CHIP IS part of any spending bill. Meaning that including CHIP in the spending bill was dead on topic.

I agree, they did. It was the counter to DACA. The Democrats demanded DACA for 800,000 (a low-ball number) whereas the Republicans offered CHIP for millions of citizen children. Neither one of them needed to be in it, but the Democrats shut down the government because DACA wasn't in it, and it could have been in it if they would have compromised on chain migration, the lottery, the wall and enhanced border security and the shut-down threat was designed to get the Republicans what they wanted with zero compromise; their bluff got called.

This post could fit in anyone of several threads up recently, but I'll stick it here because of the DACA tie in.

The democrats tell us that those "kids" can't be sent back because of how terrible the conditions are in their country of origin. Is this the democrats passive-aggressive way of calling those places "shitholes?"

This post could fit in anyone of several threads up recently, but I'll stick it here because of the DACA tie in.

The democrats tell us that those "kids" can't be sent back because of how terrible the conditions are in their country of origin. Is this the democrats passive-aggressive way of calling those places "shitholes?"

Yes just like saying people of color need affirmative action in order to compete with white people is the bigotry of low expectations.

They won't come out and say it but actions speak louder than words.

The true cowards are those with the ability to do right but instead take the easy path to false salvation.

Chip requires an appropriation of federal funds, so it rightfully belongs in the spending bill. Daca however doesn't.

Yes just like saying people of color need affirmative action in order to compete with white people is the bigotry of low expectations.

They won't come out and say it but actions speak louder than words.

Every plantation owner wants to increase their slave holdings. And yet so many can't quite grasp the notion that the more power you give your government the more dependent you become until you're nothing but a slave hardly in control of your own life.

I'm waiting for the explanation as to why DACA HAS to be part of a government spending bill?

Ish's deep racism strikes again.

The taxpayers don't want their money spent on deporting hundreds of thousands of productive members of our country.

You're usually against the government taking our money and spending it on things, it's no secret why you suddenly want to take other people's money and spend it on something that will hurt the country.

The taxpayers don't want their money spent on deporting hundreds of thousands of productive members of our country.

You're usually against the government taking our money and spending it on things, it's no secret why you suddenly want to take other people's money and spend it on something that will hurt the country.

Off your meds again I see.

It's not racism, it allegiance to one's own country. Please cut the shit about racism. Americans do want illegals deported. support for Daca is limited to only the alleged 800,000, not the millions of other illegals.

I wonder how this will affect the slide victims in Montecito. We desperately need FEMA to be be functional and other disaster relief agencies as well.

45 wouldn't stop relief efforts just because Oprah lives there, would he?

It's not racism, it allegiance to one's own country. Please cut the shit about racism. Americans do want illegals deported. support for Daca is limited to only the alleged 800,000, not the millions of other illegals.

Most Americans support DACA, ya fucking dope.

Wrong, Democrats don't want to deport hundreds of thousands of voters.

It's not racism, it allegiance to one's own country. Please cut the shit about racism.

If you're a leftist Democrat the two are the same thing.

Patriotism = Nationalism = Nazism!!!

I wonder how this will affect the slide victims in Montecito. We desperately need FEMA to be be functional and other disaster relief agencies as well.

45 wouldn't stop relief efforts just because Oprah lives there, would he?

Educating illegal residents is more important than taking care of US citizens...so fuck em!!!

Isn't progress wonderful???

45 isn't stopping anything....congress is. He gave them an out and they decided to become the party of NO!!!:D

Wrong, Democrats don't want to deport hundreds of thousands of voters.

If you're a leftist Democrat the two are the same thing.

Patriotism = Nationalism = Nazism!!!

Educating illegal residents is more important than taking care of US citizens...so fuck em!!!

Isn't progress wonderful???

45 isn't stopping anything....congress is. He gave them an out and they decided to become the party of NO!!!:D

45 will be upset that you're claiming that he's not in full control :D

LMFAO!

Jesus, this isn't good for anybody so quit being a partisan twat.

As a point of fact, you're wrong.

Someone posted that 900 dreamers have signed up for military duty, that's certainly allegiance to the USA. The all signed up & are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. Even if they don't make the ultimate sacrifice they're still willing to give up so much so that others can have plenty. This is a sacrifice that you didn't make and it's ghastly that you would say that members of the military don't have allegiance to their country.

Polls have overwhelmingly shown that Americans do not want Dreamers sent out.

Why would I care? :confused:

Are you stupid enough to think I'm a fan of 45?

I didn't say it was, there is nothing partisan about anything I said, learn how to read.

You're stupid enough to pretend that you're not. I get it tho, I wouldn't want to be associated with them either. You can lie to yourself all you want. And you wanted "comprehend" not "read" ;)

Every plantation owner wants to increase their slave holdings. Every stockholder wants a greater return on their investments. And yet so many can't quite grasp the notion that the more power you give your corporate owners the more you are tracked and manipulated until you're nothing but a slave hardly in control of your own life.
Fixed for ya.

Our federal, state, and local govt's are the expressions of the will of the voting populace... when they're the result of free and fair elections. When a party gets 40% of the vote but takes 60% of the seats, that's fraud. When a losing candidate takes power, we get chaos. USA needs an honest national election system... where corporations are not people and cash is not speech.

If you don't work for good gov't you won't get it. Get to work.

Back