and we,
we who struggle to remain,
are.... better(?) for it...

soon, it is hoped...
there will be no need to raise a voice
to disagree
to discuss...

it'll just be pretty by fiat.

and we will have barely had to rise to do it for ourselves...

i'd sell now, laurelmanu.
the goose is become monster.

or kill the discussions, entirely...
peddle the flesh paper
as a webzine/erotic repository
and save yourself the troubles
trying to moderate an open social network...

clearly, you've no longer any faith in the wisdoms of a crowd
to cull (and moderate) the outliers.
and as you apply boot to throats that once could moderate themselves,
only the outliers and the otherwise broken
have the resolve to muddle forward...

i once believed that the discussion boards here,
especially the "unmoderated " gb,
could weather almost any storm of political or social disruption...
could smooth the sharper edges of any drama
could socialize almost any odd issue
that reasoned voices could... in time...

it was intolerance eventually that killed 'the well'...
stifled its nascent (and oft volatile) vibrancy
and killed its unmolested voyage into the then unknowns
by...
well intention-ed plastic surgeries...
yeah... ancient history, but instructive...

what the discussion boards,
especially the gb,
certainly cannot survive today
is spurious meatball surgery...

no two snowflakes alike...
to disregard the ever changing wondrous tundra

in just whose image viktor, would you expect this creature to emerge?

when the scumbuggery gets too much, too many of those who made the GB the best place to be decide it's just not worth posting. it's assiduous.

and when all the worthwhile posters are gone, all that'll be left are the unquiet dead, the alt armies, screeching at eachother with no-one listening

The rules have never changed, the posters have.

True. To a limited extent, the likelyhood that a ban-worthy post will be reported has gone up lately, but more posters have been making such posts lately. Several have tried to be clever making veiled, but easilly understood references. If reported, with an explaination of what is being intimated, the poster is censured, or banned as appropriate.

Enforcement has always been on a basis of what is reported.

It's pretty simple to avoid mentioning things that need not be mentioned.

Last edited:
True. To a limited extent, the likelyhood that a ban-worthy post will be reported has gone up lately, but more posters have been going there lately.

Enforcement has always been on a basis of what is reported.

It's pretty simple to avoid mentioning things that need not be mentioned.

That maybe true. I think you would know better than I, having a longer history here.

the uptick in bans is creating chaos amongst those naturally driven to rebel. they're all testing their luck and no more shits and free passes are given.

the people wiping their own accounts clean, have always done so and will continue, as they regret what they publicly posted. or regret the words they gave out freely. the cum is already spent and dried on the floor.

people threatening to leave if something isn't done, because they are what "makes the GB great."

don't let the alts smack your ass on the way out.

so it appears that
how far laurel will go
to defend her cronies
that continue to
break the rules,
has limits.

as usual,
everyone is on board
as long as it plays
to their own
particular interests.

the unequal application
of "the rules"
has always been
a point of
contention.

And AJ comes back and immediately breaks the rules, again. He did it right after his last, last warning as well. Both seemed to have gone unnoticed, that goes to what Que was saying.

You all are going to choke on that bone.

so it appears that
how far laurel will go
to defend her cronies
that continue to
break the rules,
has limits.

as usual,
everyone is on board
as long as it plays
to their own
particular interests.

the unequal application
of "the rules"
has always been
a point of
contention.

I agree that that's often been said but I have not experienced that to be the case. Those that bluster loudly about her uneven treatment don't tend to take the time to click the little report button. I think for some it's more important to be persecuted then to see actual justice done. The only other explanation for them not making reports is they feel that making reports as undignified.

The only exception to that of any note is the way that Luk has abused his apparent friendship. Several times he has had ban-worthy posts scrubbed clean by admin with no public warning issued.

Everyone else, when properly reported, is censured and/or banned.

the laser
becomes scalpel
becomes boning knife
becomes cleaver

this faux palace of free discourse
has become a red wedding
where powers - with otherwise silent impunity
now censor
with a fervency up to now unseen...

it is every day ...
sometimes post by post ...
more often poster by "offensive" poster
(in whatever iteration)

so that the now homogenizing product
is almost... pasturized...

and we,

soon, it is hoped...
to disagree
to discuss...

peddle the flesh paper

by...

especially the gb,

Ah, yes...

...how many years ago now has it been since wise 'ol eyer publicly foretold so many times that the once-great GB would eventually be censored, that it's "Free Speech" would be shut-down by its very own progressives, those who love to pseudo-champion against "intolerance", yet, in reality, are so mightily intolerant themselves.

"Free Speech, No Spam!" has become absolutely nothing but true spam itself.

Thanks, GB progressives.

And AJ comes back and immediately breaks the rules, again. He did it right after his last, last warning as well. Both seemed to have gone unnoticed, that goes to what Que was saying.

Didn't you break the rules too the other day, when you started a particular thread and asked a certain question in breach of forum rules?
You know, the thread that was nuked

Denny

The rules have never changed, the posters have.
Over the past few days we've noticed more members are fed up with a few repeat offenders. Any forum or group will have the haters who attempt to create more haters and discontent.
To leave or stop commenting is to give in to repeat Alts and other problem members.
Of course all Alts are not a problem. There are many reasons for other user names.

It was on the above post I finally realized there really is a REPORT button. No I didn't report Que, he/she has not been a problem, at least not for us. It's just that the report button finally showed up as I looked when it was discussed. Perhaps more should report things they dislike. If nothing else, it will keep the staff busy and confused.

I don't care for the tactic at all. First, you have those hurling unfounded accusations in an effort to wound their internet opponents. That seems a pretty despicable subject to even delve into simply to score some sort of meaningless internet points.

Then you have another tier of posters who will go right up to the line using veiled references and vague innuendos, seemingly to display that they have a vaunted position here and are untouchable. Really, neither the fact that the innuendos are veiled nor the fact that they might actually be favored is responsible for those comments standing. It is simply the fact that there were not multiple reports of the post. Some probably don't report because it feels silly and petty to report a vague innuendo. That leads to more of the finger an inch from the nose, "But I'm not TOUCHING him, mom!" Childish, and poor repayment to our hostess.

Then tier three, those offended that the "favored" are "getting away with it" test the line by talking about people talking about someone talking about things they should not. Now two steps removed from tier one despicables, their meta-commentary gets reported with far greater enthusism by their usually large antifan base, leading to more charges of nepotism.

A lot of ignore, with behind the scenes reporting is the most effective way this community can self-police. It starves the fire of oxygen. I've done that at times well to good effect, just not so much lately.

Didn't you break the rules too the other day, when you started a particular thread and asked a certain question in breach of forum rules?
You know, the thread that was nuked

I sure did. Unfortunately sexual assault is not a topic that can be discussed here. This issue goes right to bannable offenses, as was shown in the definition of assault and people's personal experiences with it.

I hipe two of the responses the one from Rob talking about his own reaction to two of his friend's #metoo FB posts, and Dr Groove reply were read and or could be posted in another way.

For the record, I asked Laurel to nuke it, not that she wouldn't have of her own accord when she saw it.

I don't care for the tactic at all. First, you have those hurling unfounded accusations in an effort to wound their internet opponents. That seems a pretty despicable subject to even delve into simply to score some sort of meaningless internet points.

Then you have another tier of posters who will go right up to the line using veiled references and vague innuendos, seemingly to display that they have a vaunted position here and are untouchable. Really, neither the fact that the innuendos are veiled nor the fact that they might actually be favored is responsible for those comments standing. It is simply the fact that there were not multiple reports of the post. Some probably don't report because it feels silly and petty to report a vague innuendo. That leads to more of the finger an inch from the nose, "But I'm not TOUCHING him, mom!" Childish, and poor repayment to our hostess.

Then tier three, those offended that the "favored" are "getting away with it" test the line by talking about people talking about someone talking about things they should not. Now two steps removed from tier one despicables, their meta-commentary gets reported with far greater enthusism by their usually large antifan base, leading to more charges of nepotism.

A lot of ignore, with behind the scenes reporting is the most effective way this community can self-police. It starves the fire of oxygen. I've done that at times well to good effect, just not so much lately.

I agree with much of that.

I know I have been guilty of finding amusement in some of the taunting. I'm by no means perfect, and can often act childishly.

I agree that that's often been said but I have not experienced that to be the case. Those that bluster loudly about her uneven treatment don't tend to take the time to click the little report button. I think for some it's more important to be persecuted then to see actual justice done. The only other explanation for them not making reports is they feel that making reports as undignified.

The only exception to that of any note is the way that Luk has abused his apparent friendship. Several times he has had ban-worthy posts scrubbed clean by admin with no public warning issued.

Everyone else, when properly reported, is censured and/or banned.

odd post.

either you have experienced it,
or you haven't.

it can't be both.

I sure did. Unfortunately sexual assault is not a topic that can be discussed here. This issue goes right to bannable offenses, as was shown in the definition of assault and people's personal experiences with it.

I hipe two of the responses the one from Rob talking about his own reaction to two of his friend's #metoo FB posts, and Dr Groove reply were read and or could be posted in another way.

For the record, I asked Laurel to nuke it, not that she wouldn't have of her own accord when she saw it.
I wasn't referring to that.You made a specific bannable comment in that thread.
Were you issued a warning?

Last edited:
Question: what is a reportable offense on the GB? Well besides the underage stuff, revealing private information about another member and threats of physical violence against another member.

The only thing I have ever reported is the <yet again> re-registrations of our least favorite number sign.

In regards to my post in the thread Algo requested removed, I PM'd Laurel and notified her myself leaving it up to her discretion. As Aglo had the thread removed, it was a done deal anyway.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to that.You made a specific bannable comment in that thread.
Were you issued a warning?

What part of "in the definition" can you not grasp?

Now, I know you are not asking me to discuss super top secret, privileged, private pm information with you. :D

Question: what is a reportable offense on the GB? Well besides the underage stuff and threats of physical violence against another member.

The only thing I have ever reported is the <yet again> re-registrations of our least favorite number sign.

In regards to my post in the thread Algo requested removed, I PM'd Laurel and notified her myself leaving it up to her discretion. As Aglo had the thread removed, it was a done deal anyway.

http://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml

Yeah I've read those.

But here's the thing, once banned the vast majority just keep coming back under a new name. I'm a bit confused on the sticking points.

We have people like Eyer and Hash that have broken so many of those it's not even funny. Yet, they still come back. And thank you by the way Laurel, for whacking Hash down pretty much as soon as a new account comes up.

AJ had four (or more) last warnings but yet... he's still here. And basically making threats to Laurel.

There seems to be a great deal of immaturity and lack of self control. We can't expect Laurel to be a babysitter. That's a soul sucking experience for her and a complete killjoy.

I've got the ignore feature and I use it regularly.

I know it's confusing, and really not meant to be completely clear. We are dealing with people after all. But there seems to be so much GB self reflective outrage. Whether warranted or not.

It seems to me we have selective drama outrage for a lot of things.

I do not envy Laurel.

I agree with much of that.

I know I have been guilty of finding amusement in some of the taunting. I'm by no means perfect, and can often act childishly.

It's human nature. We tend to not really mind when someone else is ox is being gored. Especially if we don't like that particular person or their ox.

LTR said something valid to that effect in the Lance thread. She may or may not have a word with Sean when he says something odious.

Cowslinger pointed out how vicious Lance had been to him. I remember watching it at the time and frankly I was glad. That doesn't make me a good person by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah I've read those.

But here's the thing, once banned the vast majority just keep coming back under a new name. I'm a bit confused on the sticking points.

We have people like Eyer and Hash that have broken so many of those it's not even funny. Yet, they still come back. And thank you by the way Laurel, for whacking Hash down pretty much as soon as a new account comes up.

AJ had four (or more) last warnings but yet... he's still here. And basically making threats to Laurel.

There seems to be a great deal of immaturity and lack of self control. We can't expect Laurel to be a babysitter. That's a soul sucking experience for her and a complete killjoy.

I've got the ignore feature and I use it regularly.

I know it's confusing, and really not meant to be completely clear. We are dealing with people after all. But there seems to be so much GB self reflective outrage. Whether warranted or not.

It seems to me we have selective drama outrage for a lot of things.

I do not envy Laurel.

We all contribute to tge benefit of and detriment of by how we interact with each other. There are basically two approaches. Some people look at that as the carrot and the stick and that doesn't really work. To mix a metaphor it is the carrot and silent treatment.

Everyone's always says don't feed the troll however trolls can exist on the merest of crumbs. And there's always crumbs to be had. People quote, people laugh along with it, whatever.

Jezzi tends to post with anyone while they're making a post that is worth responding to and she tends to ignore the ones that aren't worth responding to. Kind of a selective ignore. Sometimes that improves the general discourse because the troll feels rewarded by having a reasonable discourse with someone. Carrots.

Sticks don't really work because the troll thinks he won because he got a reaction which is what he was looking for in the first place.

Ignore only works if it's the absolute silent treatment. Where significant number of people don't even acknowledge the existence. people have to make an individual choice that when any given poster crosses "x" line, they go on ignore and are never heard from or responded to again. Discussions about who's on ignore and wby defeats the point because it provides oxygen.

One of the things that was most remarkable about hashtag was her ability to get responses from just about everyone on the board me included even after being put on ignore. I mean hit the actual button and put them on ignore, ignore. Not fake hashtag ignore.

the laser
becomes scalpel
becomes boning knife
becomes cleaver

this faux palace of free discourse
has become a red wedding
where powers - with otherwise silent impunity
now censor
with a fervency up to now unseen...

it is every day ...
sometimes post by post ...
more often poster by "offensive" poster
(in whatever iteration)

so that the now homogenizing product
is almost... pasturized...

and we,

soon, it is hoped...
to disagree
to discuss...

peddle the flesh paper

by...

especially the gb,

Too many snowflakes, and it is their time. The whole world is about to become quite boring as a consequence.

Shortest avenue is to give them all faulty Fiats.

Back